• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

Event if it replaces the 2009 model, it still is a waste of one of the seven spots reserved for new Porsche. I'm now preparing myself for the inevitable 2012 Panamera Turbo S reveal...

In term of new cars, we have
- 2011 #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3 Cup (997/2)
- 2012 Cayenne Turbo

I suppose the 991 is a given so that's one less spot.

My personal wish list for the remaining new Porsche, mixing new with old :
- 918 RSR
- 935 "Moby Dick"
- 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997/2)

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm now preparing myself for the inevitable 2012 Panamera Turbo S reveal...

Yup..... :(

Turn 10 - kings of giving us stuff we never wanted! lol

The rest of the cars need to be good. I'm still buying regardless, but you'd think they could do better than this.

saladine1

Gy92G.jpg

jSloH.jpg

NTnCh.jpg

The only Porsche's i'll ever need.

G Rom, PM sent.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this may be a dumb question, but will we be able to buy cars individually in the porsche pack like normal DLC?

Mascot

I don't want the Porsche pack.
I think it's over priced.
I don't think it represents good value for money.
I will no doubt find myself buying it.

It's encouraging T10 to have another license dispute for f5, theyre profitable after all. Something that was supposed to be in the game at launch should be a cheap DLC, not the worst value yet.

Jamesways

I will no doubt find myself buying it.

I hope the rumors of it coming with a track are true, otherwise I'm not sure I'll buy it either. Although I probably will, 'cause I'm a sucker for racing game DLC.

But yeah, 20 bucks. Ugh.

But yeah, 20 bucks. Ugh.

I hear you.

When I think about it, the LCE, Season Pass, and Porsche Pack will mean that I've spent well into triple digits on FM4. Alas, that's the price I pay for my inability to wait for a ultimate collection-type compilation.

I've gotten hundreds of hours out of each of the previous games, and the same will be true of this one, but man do I hate how expensive this hobby is getting.

Xanadu

Banned
I hear you.

When I think about it, the LCE, Season Pass, and Porsche Pack will mean that I've spent well into triple digits on FM4. Alas, that's the price I pay for my inability to wait for a ultimate collection-type compilation.

I've gotten hundreds of hours out of each of the previous games, and the same will be true of this one, but man do I hate how expensive this hobby is getting.

which is why pc sims are better, the ammount of money you save is crazy, mods are always free and theres much more selection, i swear ive got like 100 tracks on GTR2 lol

which is why pc sims are better, the ammount of money you save is crazy, mods are always free and theres much more selection, i swear ive got like 100 tracks on GTR2 lol

I dunno, I tried to get back into rFactor a little while ago, when it worked (not breaking my install, tweaking setting and fucking about in menus) all was good but I just wanted to play the damn thing. Gave it two weeks then jacked it in.

Mods are great but usually just ports of old tracks/cars from different games or user made drivel.

G Rom

2008 Porsche No.2 Gruppe Orange Racing 911 GT3 Cup
[IMG ]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/389720_408391265850453_185465731476342_1345837_1587133167_a.jpg[ /IMG]

Edit 2 : Nvm, it was already in FM3...

Edit : Damn you BADNED ! :D

DasRaven

Even though there are significant differences between an ALMS GTC class car and a Cup car, I still feel disappointed seeing this reveal. Would've preferred a 996 GT3 Cup car instead.

Ragus

Banned
I finally bought this game. So far it is great. I have a quick question: If I buy season pass for 2400msp, will I have ALL the cars that are available? Or will I still have to buy some packs depsite buying that pass?

guest1321

I finally bought this game. So far it is great. I have a quick question: If I buy season pass for 2400msp, will I have ALL the cars that are available? Or will I still have to buy some packs depsite buying that pass?

You will get all of the packs except for the pre-order bonus ones which you will have to buy individually. I don't know if the launch bonus pack is available to buy and there is certain cars that came with the Limited Edition that you will not get.

Then why are you not in a PC thread, oh never mind you are just here to troll.

I just got back in (pull away by SWTOR, damn MMORPG, its like drug). I love all the update to the game not to mention 5 months worth of DLC.

The first Devon is gone, went for 180 mil. Second 12 hour auction will be up before midnight (3 hours from now) and the last Devon will be up on the weekend.

Cheers, HD

Mascot

The first Devon is gone, went for 180 mil. Second 12 hour auction will be up before midnight (3 hours from now) and the last Devon will be up on the weekend.

Cheers, HD

180 MILLION??!

How can mere mortals earn that amount of in-game credits?

Is there some credit glitch that I don't know about?

G Rom

180 million... What the... How ?!

Anyway, Saladine explained to me what he wanted to do before removing his post and I accepted so here it is :

forzagaf-assemble1zzej.png

You think you have great ideas for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise ? You want these to be sent to Turn 10 alongside other great ideas coming from fellow ForzaGAFers ?
Then just follow those simple steps :

1) Put your ideas down in a text file.
Now, to make my work simpler, I've decided to create categories in which you'll put your ideas. If I see many ideas about something that I've missed, I'll create a new category in the final list. I've put some example to show you what goes where :

- Content addition
e.g. : Spahurst, open wheeler
- Tuning & Upgrades
e.g : individual tire pressure, more realistic turbo lag,
- Graphics improvements
e.g : AO and self-shadowing in cockpit, anisotropic filtering
- Sound improvements
e.g : sound affected by upgrades
- Gameplay additions
e.g : new track surfaces
- Career improvements
e.g : test driving cars before buying a car
- Painting improvements
e.g : different types of paints on the same car, new shapes
- Photo mode improvements
e.g : full god mode
- Online/Multiplayer/Club improvements
e.g : ability to delete photos from FM.net, ability to create own rivals mode
- Miscellaneous/Other
e.g : paint names, basically anything that you don't see fitting in any of the other categories

Don't feel restricted by the categories though, go wild !
And if your idea needs some explanation then feel free to add some text (try to keep it relatively short though).
Feel free to give names of games that already implement a potential improvement and/or to link to screenshots/photos showing the idea.

2) When you're done, send me the file by email (DON'T FORGET TO AT LEAST PUT YOUR NEOGAF NAME)

That's it. After that, I'll compile your file with the other ones. That way, I can remove duplicated ideas and instead credit multiple people on a single identical idea (e.g : Adding Spahurst - Suggested by Mc Kane, Saladine, all Forza players)

Email adress (quote to reveal) :
Please do not share this email with someone who's not from NeoGAF as we really want this to be made only with ForzaGAF's contributions. You can promote it in other threads where you think missing ForzaGAF members hang though.

You have until the end of the month to send me your files.

You think you have great ideas for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise ? You want these to be sent to Turn 10 alongside other great ideas coming from fellow ForzaGAFers ?
Then just follow those simple steps :

1) Put your ideas down in a text file.

This is such an epic idea. We've all got a lot to add/suggest I'm sure.

Great idea Saladine/GRom.

Great idea.

I'll see if I can get it done.

*Edit

DONE

Many suggestions and I'm sure I've forgotten a few things, but hopefully that'll give you guys something to start from.

It would be nice to see the complete edited file before any submission ;)

cbox

Hey Grom, would it be a good idea to have the file an openly editable google docs file where we all get invites? We can collab and it would make organizing all those text files easier.

Just a thought :)

Hey Grom, would it be a good idea to have the file an openly editable google docs file where we all get invites? We can collab and it would make organizing all those text files easier.

The only problem with that is that ANYONE can edit it. So you have trolls and morons screwing with it.

Edit:
nice job. can you add a layer of music over the engine noise? might be worth experimenting with the levels, but i agree - needs music.

Yeah, I need to play with it and see what I can do. I also want to do a compilation of the Guest Drivers soon.

G Rom

I thought about doing that but in the end I think it's better to proceed as I explained. As it is, contribution is opened to anyone with a NeoGAF account and there's only one person messing with the final file.

Also, don't worry, I won't send anything to Turn 10 before sharing the final file with the contributors. :)

cbox

I thought about doing that but in the end I think it's better to proceed as I explained. As it is, contribution is opened to anyone with a NeoGAF account and there's only one person messing with the final file.

Also, don't worry, I won't send anything to Turn 10 before sharing the final file with the contributors. :)

Thanks man, you rock.

Just sent my list, It's a tall order.

saladine1

Thanks G Rom for doing this. Better now than later.

For anyone interested in creating a car empire or who wants to build their own cars and engines from scratch here's something to get excited about.

Automationgame

Automation is a car company tycoon game in which you design and build cars from scratch.

It is you who designs everything from the very core that is the engine, over the chassis, to the suspension and the car's looks.

Several games have tried this before... but were able to merely scratch the surface.

Go ahead, build your dream-car company, or simply aim to dominate the world markets with your superior design skills!

The game isn't ready yet but there is a demo. I've just downloaded it and boy oh boy is it something i've always wanted!

I know Shortt Sirket would be very interested in this.
You can create your own engine using any block size. Then add cranks, cams, heads, compression ratiois, fuel systems..etc.
The demo only features an inline 4 cyl engine but the full game will feature 6 8 10 12 turbo charging supercharging..etc
It also features full engine sounds and dyno to test the engine!
Lovers of detail will love this!

This is exactly what I would love for the FM series to feature.

Thanks G Rom for doing this. Better now than later.

For anyone interested in creating a car empire or who wants to build their own cars and engines from scratch here's something to get excited about.

Automationgame

The game isn't ready yet but there is a demo. I've just downloaded it and boy oh boy is it something i've always wanted!

I know Shortt Sirket would be very interested in this.
You can create your own engine using any block size. Then add cranks, cams, heads, compression ratiois, fuel systems..etc.
The demo only features an inline 4 cyl engine but the full game will feature 6 8 10 12 turbo charging supercharging..etc
It also features full engine sounds and dyno to test the engine!
Lovers of detail will love this!

This is exactly what I would love for the FM series to feature.

I have been watching this for a while, ever since it was on Kickstarter. It looks incredible! I don't need quite that much in Forza, but the general concepts are what I want.

I want to pick turbine/compressor sizes on turbos.
I want to choose the duration for cams and for both intake/exhaust on DOHC engines
I want to be able to either choose my own A:F ratio or choose from presets
I want to be able to create my own engine maps or choose from presets
I want to able to choose where my intercooler is: FMIC, top mount, rear mount, etc
I want to SEE my choices for intercoolers, exhaust, etc
Give me sizes of exhaust, downpipes, cut-outs, etc
Let me stretch my tires or have more ability to choose what size tires go on what wheels
Let me bore/stroke the motors out with legit measurements
etc

GIVE ME A DYNO!

mil6es

I have been watching this for a while, ever since it was on Kickstarter. It looks incredible! I don't need quite that much in Forza, but the general concepts are what I want.

I want to pick turbine/compressor sizes on turbos.
I want to choose the duration for cams and for both intake/exhaust on DOHC engines
I want to be able to either choose my own A:F ratio or choose from presets
I want to be able to create my own engine maps or choose from presets
I want to able to choose where my intercooler is: FMIC, top mount, rear mount, etc
I want to SEE my choices for intercoolers, exhaust, etc
Give me sizes of exhaust, downpipes, cut-outs, etc
Let me stretch my tires or have more ability to choose what size tires go on what wheels
Let me bore/stroke the motors out with legit measurements
etc

GIVE ME A DYNO!

The games been made already, Street Legal Racing Redline, it never left beta and was buggy as hell but boy it was an amazing game and idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0LXgESqO0 (mute its got a dubstep BMG)

The games been made already, Street Legal Racing Redline, it never left beta and was buggy as hell but boy was a amazing game and idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0LXgESqO0 (mute its got a dubstep BMG)

I had either that one or another one called Street Legal (without the rest). I still have it somewhere. You could build your own engines with heads, alternators, piping, etc. The game was completely horrible but I had so much fun playing it.

mil6es

exactly the game was a paradox, it was so good whilst being sooo bad, If only a proper developer took the motorsport genre one step further like this game did

saladine1

The other games were rubbish to be honest. This has so much more potential.
It's bigger and even more technical than anything else.
Anyway, i'll be looking forward to the full game.

So, not everyone's happy with the Porsche reveals so far,lol?

guest1321

So, not everyone's happy with the Porsche reveals so far,lol?

Personally I would like to see more of the street cars and their older cars than the new stuff and the cup cars. It is fun to drive the race-type cars but I really play Forza to drive all ranges of the production cars that I see on the street or on TV and go, damn that would be fun to drive.

I imagine that we have a lot in store for us coming into May 22nd and they likely saved the better cars for the end of the reveal so I am not to worried. At this point I am happy that we got the 959 so this weeks reveals are a success to me.

Top Bottom