• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

1970 Porsche 914/6
469321_408996915789888_185465731476342_1347183_1435591851_o.jpg

Reflection of the tarmac on the front bumper is terrible. This is a unique carryover from FM3, a not unexpected addition.

Jamesways

Where did these rumours start about a new track being bundled with the Porsche pack?
Any credence in them?

Started on FC by an individual who used to be involved with Turn 10 and does car modeling. He was a beta tester as well. At this announcement someone mentioned tracks, and he said, "you'll get one in May". The conversation went on about this pack and it was said to contain cars, events, achievements, and other yet to be named goodies.
Hence the rumor about a possible track with this pack.

But I don't know, given Turn 10's past, I doubt we'll see a single DLC track at this point. Probably all saved for fm5 or fm6.

Where did these rumours start about a new track being bundled with the Porsche pack?
Any credence in them?
I heard it back in the Weekend Confirmed podcast that aired shortly after the DLC was announced. On the show Garnett Lee stated that we'd see some 20+ cars, 15 or so new events and I think 5 new tracks. He may have misspoke, but that is what he said.

Around the same time it was rumored in a vague posting on one of the Forza fan site forums.

Just Porsche's from the Forza 3 list so far, but nonetheless, I'm pretty excited for the reveals towards the end; they've gotta be keeping the star attractions 'til later.

Hope it's not just the 27 from Forza 3 and a few new ones though.

Like most, I'm hoping for some good new additions; 918 RSR, 917K, 935 "Moby Dick", and I'd love to see the classics. 356, 550 Spyder etc.. Fingers crossed. I'd REALLY love some of the classics just so I've got some porkers to race in the F/E/D class Event List stuff.

guest1321

Does Forza-GAF leave the in game music on?

I turned that off about two races after breaking it out of the box. Haven't looked back until recently and now I'm sort of enjoying the arcady feel the music selection gives Forza

I turned that off about two races after breaking it out of the box. Haven't looked back until recently and now I'm sort of enjoying the arcady feel the music selection gives Forza
Custom soundtrack all the way, every time. I've never been a fan of the game music.

Naa, never have in-game music on in racing games. Always prefer the noise of the engines + I'm listening for shift points etc.

Might have some music in the background if I'm just grinding the Event List occasionally.

A real live GT-R pass me yesterday on my way to work. I was surprise how close the sound is in Forza 4.

On that note, I have not been keeping up but did they patch better wheel support / physics. The wheel feel a lot better than I remember them to be. Also thanks god for brightness adjustment.

SarBear

A real live GT-R pass me yesterday on my way to work. I was surprise how close the sound is in Forza 4.

On that note, I have not been keeping up but did they patch better wheel support / physics. The wheel feel a lot better than I remember them to be. Also thanks god for brightness adjustment.

You think that sounds good? Wait until you hear the ZL1 in person. A Monster

Got a new video up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Compilation

Did a compilation video of almost all my runs in one lap. I am debating doing another one with music instead of the sound effects but I am not sure yet.

nice job. can you add a layer of music over the engine noise? might be worth experimenting with the levels, but i agree - needs music.

I am currently also working on recording and editing the Guest Drivers one now. Hopefully I will have it up by the weekend. Any suggestions for music for each? I am sort of a slave to the camera angles and switches of the replays so I need something that will work with the existing cuts. Should I do something fast and hard or something light?

guest1321 said:

I turned that off about two races after breaking it out of the box. Haven't looked back until recently and now I'm sort of enjoying the arcady feel the music selection gives Forza .

I always have the music off in every racing game I play. I want to be able to hear the engine, the transmission, the tires, the other cars, etc. That is a major part of why I love these games, the sound! Even when I am driving my own car fast and crazy I turn off the music and just listen to the car.

SmokyDave

Hell no, the car provides the soundtrack. I'll occasionally slip on a podcast if I'm grinding events though.

zorbsie

I keep the menu music on, that's all. I don't want any music during the race. I do that for every racer I play.

That fiasco around the BF3 server thing has got me thinking. Would any of you be willing to "rent" a server from T10 for Forza? Where you could keep persistent stats and have greater flexibility for rules and such for a price? I honestly think I would be tempted if it was $30 like the BF3 ones.

Especially if the stats were persistent and you would get more admin options like bannings, or setting up the grid in custom orders, etc. It would be great for our GAF races and we wouldn't have to worry about people getting dropped or the servers crapping out.

I dunno, it just got me thinking. If done right, it would be incredibly tempting to jump on something like that for Forza 5.

Seanspeed

Banned
We already have FREE user-created lobbies that allow 100x more freedom of options than the BF3 paid-for servers have yet people barely use them.

We already have FREE user-created lobbies that allow 100x more freedom of options than the BF3 paid-for servers have yet people barely use them.

Fair enough, I guess I was thinking of more options for keeping track of race series and such. Able to make your own point system, qualifying system, etc. Would be awesome to have servers that have their own race series and are persistent.

Does that make sense or am I just rambling here?

Edit: On another note, I would love to be able to use these types of kits in Forza. They are just so evil looking!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/berg-cup-eschdorf-race-to-the-top/

Mascot

Lol, the very LAST thing we should do is give Microsoft any inkling that we might be prepared to pay for ANY so-called 'bonus' features.

Before you know it there'll be a full-price skinny version of FM5 where you have to pay extra for DLC to unlock the ability to steer the cars.

Seanspeed

Banned
Fair enough, I guess I was thinking of more options for keeping track of race series and such. Able to make your own point system, qualifying system, etc. Would be awesome to have servers that have their own race series and are persistent.

Does that make sense or am I just rambling here?
Yea and it sounds good, but I'd prefer that they just make those free additions to the already robust multiplayer options. The server crashing and stuff is pretty much gone so I dont think it would necessarily need to be our own private servers or anything.

G Rom

R.I.P Carroll Shelby, guy created or contributed to some of the most amazing cars in history. :(

Yet another one of the new car revealed, hopefully that's all the new Cup car we'll get.
I like them but with the limited slots we have, I would rather get a more diversified offer honestly...

Reposting for new page :
forzagaf-assemble1zzej.png

You think you have great ideas for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise ? You want these to be sent to Turn 10 alongside other great ideas coming from fellow ForzaGAFers ?
Then just follow those simple steps:

1) Put your ideas down in a text file.
Now, to make my work simpler, I've decided to create categories in which you'll put your ideas. If I see many ideas about something that I've missed, I'll create a new category in the final list. I've put some example to show you what goes where :

- Content addition
e.g. : Spahurst, open wheeler
- Tuning & Upgrades
e.g : individual tire pressure, more realistic turbo lag,
- Graphics improvements
e.g : AO and self-shadowing in cockpit, anisotropic filtering
- Sound improvements
e.g : sound affected by upgrades
- Gameplay additions
e.g : new track surfaces
- Career improvements
e.g : test driving cars before buying a car
- Painting improvements
e.g : different types of paints on the same car, new shapes
- Photo mode improvements
e.g : full god mode
- Online/Multiplayer/Club improvements
e.g : ability to delete photos from FM.net, ability to create own rivals mode
- Miscellaneous/Other
e.g : paint names, basically anything that you don't see fitting in any of the other categories

Don't feel restricted by the categories though, go wild !
And if your idea needs some explanation then feel free to add some text (try to keep it relatively short though).
Feel free to give names of games that already implement a potential improvement and/or to link to screenshots/photos showing the idea.

2) When you're done, send me the file by email (DON'T FORGET TO AT LEAST PUT YOUR NEOGAF NAME)

That's it. After that, I'll compile your file with the other ones. That way, I can remove duplicated ideas and instead credit multiple people on a single identical idea (e.g : Adding Spahurst - Suggested by Mc Kane, Saladine, all Forza players)

Email adress (quote to reveal) :
Please do not share this email with someone who's not from NeoGAF as we really want this to be made only with ForzaGAF's contributions. You can promote it in other threads where you think missing ForzaGAF members hang though.

You have until the end of the month to send me your files.

R.I.P Carroll Shelby, guy created or contributed to some of the most amazing cars in history. :(

Yet another one of the new car revealed, hopefully that's all the new Cup car we'll get.
I like them but with the limited slots we have, I would rather get a more diversified offer honestly...

Reposting for new page :
forzagaf-assemble1zzej.png

You think you have great ideas for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise ? You want these to be sent to Turn 10 alongside other great ideas coming from fellow ForzaGAFers ?
Then just follow those simple steps:

1) Put your ideas down in a text file.
Now, to make my work simpler, I've decided to create categories in which you'll put your ideas. If I see many ideas about something that I've missed, I'll create a new category in the final list. I've put some example to show you what goes where :

- Content addition
e.g. : Spahurst, open wheeler
- Tuning & Upgrades
e.g : individual tire pressure, more realistic turbo lag,
- Graphics improvements
e.g : AO and self-shadowing in cockpit, anisotropic filtering
- Sound improvements
e.g : sound affected by upgrades
- Gameplay additions
e.g : new track surfaces
- Career improvements
e.g : test driving cars before buying a car
- Painting improvements
e.g : different types of paints on the same car, new shapes
- Photo mode improvements
e.g : full god mode
- Online/Multiplayer/Club improvements
e.g : ability to delete photos from FM.net, ability to create own rivals mode
- Miscellaneous/Other
e.g : paint names, basically anything that you don't see fitting in any of the other categories

Don't feel restricted by the categories though, go wild !
And if your idea needs some explanation then feel free to add some text (try to keep it relatively short though).
Feel free to give names of games that already implement a potential improvement and/or to link to screenshots/photos showing the idea.

2) When you're done, send me the file by email (DON'T FORGET TO AT LEAST PUT YOUR NEOGAF NAME)

That's it. After that, I'll compile your file with the other ones. That way, I can remove duplicated ideas and instead credit multiple people on a single identical idea (e.g : Adding Spahurst - Suggested by Mc Kane, Saladine, all Forza players)

Email adress (quote to reveal) :
Please do not share this email with someone who's not from NeoGAF as we really want this to be made only with ForzaGAF's contributions. You can promote it in other threads where you think missing ForzaGAF members hang though.

You have until the end of the month to send me your files.

Is there a limit to the size and/or scope of these ideas? I have a ton of ideas, but I feel we should focus on the ones that are feasible. Otherwise I am going to send you a 20 page essay. lol

Yeah, I can't believe Shelby died. He is behind some of the most iconic (and fast) cars in motoring history.

saladine1

Is there a limit to the size and/or scope of these ideas? I have a ton of ideas, but I feel we should focus on the ones that are feasible. Otherwise I am going to send you a 20 page essay. lol

Yeah, I can't believe Shelby died. He is behind some of the most iconic (and fast) cars in motoring history.

Shelby, an automotive legend and icon. Turn 10 should release a 'tribute DLC' of sorts for his contribution to FM.

Go wild with the suggestions. The whole point of a wishlist is to convey what you would like to see and not only what is feasible.
I've sent mine in already and is pretty detailed. G Rom has some work ahead of him,lol.

G Rom, if you don't mind, please keep re posting the 'Gaf assemble' post for each page at least close up to end date,thanks.

fake edit- Uh, your one step ahead of me lol

Mascot

Why not post the suggestions overtly on the forum before they are collated and packaged up? Other people's suggestions might trigger or inspire something in others, or act as a reminder.

Is there any reason for the current covert approach?

sneaky77

Why not post the suggestions overtly on the forum before they are collated and packaged up? Other people's suggestions might trigger or inspire something in others, or act as a reminder.

Is there any reason for the current covert approach?

I don't know the reason.

But anyway here's my main suggestion which I have posted a couple other times.

On the event list I want a direct link from any event to:
*Cars in the garage that I have that can participate in the event, regardless of if my current car can make it. (would make it more convenient to change cars and try new cars)

* Cars in the store that can participate in the event, regardless of make, just a list of all the cars from all the makes that can take part in the event.

The other stuff is the usual, more tracks mostly, there are already 500 cars in the game, maybe take away the pickup trucks and humvee's and suv's and replace them for more GT1 GT3 open wheelers.

Top Bottom