• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

witness

video Tribute to Carroll Shelby

jdDAKq2d3Ns40.JPEG

jA1A36HDCDhsd.JPEG

j8YKj93tc2hyl.JPEG

jbfREDCsNWFqUL.JPEG

RIP Mr. Shelby =(

1987 962c and the 1955 550 Spyder.

Yes. Take my money, Turn 10. Thank you for listening.

DAT 550.
Can't wait.

They drop the 918 and a 356 type A in there and I'll probably weep.

G Rom

The Porsche really look great in the screenshots. I can't wait to inspect all those models up close and take photos. :)

Why not post the suggestions overtly on the forum before they are collated and packaged up? Other people's suggestions might trigger or inspire something in others, or act as a reminder.

Is there any reason for the current covert approach?

It's just much simpler for me to receive everything in one place than going back through this thread which is also filled with DLC talk, Porsche talk, Porsche reveals, SarBear's GF talk, etc...

Amazing tribute, shinnn. Hope more people see it.

Mascot

It's just much simpler for me to receive everything in one place than going back through this thread which is also filled with DLC talk, Porsche talk, Porsche reveals, SarBear's GF talk, etc...

I was thinking people could post their thoughts here (to spark discussion, inspire others etc) AND send them to you at the same time so you have a concise record for collating..?

Either way is good. No matter.

SarBear

The Porsche really look great in the screenshots. I can't wait to inspect all those models up close and take photos. :)

Amazing tribute, shinnn. Hope more people see it.

Should I just post pictures of the new freak instead of stories?

pax217

Since latest update Forza 4 has just been notifying me that it's "Saving Content. Please do not..." every ~5sec while in the menus... is this a common problem or am I the only one?

Game save is on a flash drive.

Since latest update Forza 4 has just been notifying me that it's "Saving Content. Please do not..." every ~5sec while in the menus... is this a common problem or am I the only one?

Game save is on a flash drive.

I've noticed this as well, but it seems pretty random. Sometimes does it on every transition, sometimes seems back to normal.

Hope it's not save game corruption coming on or something!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
getting back into the event list reminded me - we NEED multiplayer 1v1 (or more?) track day races ala the nurburgring events. so. much. fucking. fun. begging for play with friends.

SarBear

I've noticed this as well, but it seems pretty random. Sometimes does it on every transition, sometimes seems back to normal.

Hope it's not save game corruption coming on or something!

I've had it happen for a day or so at a time, but it usually goes right back to normal.

I've had it happen for a day or so at a time, but it usually goes right back to normal.

Hopefully nothing.

Am I right in assuming you can't back up the save game? I formatted a USB key through the Xbox last week with the utility, but when I went to copy the Forza 4 save file over it wouldn't let me. Guessing it's the same sorta 'copy protection' that some PS3 saves have yeah?

Hopefully nothing.

Am I right in assuming you can't back up the save game? I formatted a USB key through the Xbox last week with the utility, but when I went to copy the Forza 4 save file over it wouldn't let me. Guessing it's the same sorta 'copy protection' that some PS3 saves have yeah?

Yeah, you can move the save, but not copy it.

G Rom

It's worse.
One of the fugliest cars on the planet, methinks.

Yeah, but since Ferrari revealed the FF, ugliness has a new name so the Panamera doesn't look so bad anymore I guess. :D
I don't really get their success though, if I had shitloads of money and was looking to buy a 4-door luxury sedan I'd look at the Rapide, Bentley's or Rolls-Royce's, they look way better than the ugly pigs that Porsche and Ferrari have produced recently...

Edit :
Mascot said:
Seriously, would any sighted person pick a Panamera over an FF..?
If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the Panamera yeah.
Wait, scratch that, I'd take the FF since it could probably be resold for more. :p

Mascot

In defence of the FF, it at least looks like it was designed from scratch. The Panamera just looks like Porsche stretched a 911 to fit two more doors on, then injected its ass with lard.

Plus I've always had a soft spot for shooting brakes, ever since a mate's dad had a Jensen Interceptor when I was a kid in the 70s.

The_Monk

Got some pictures for my fellow GAFfers.
Sorry if some of them were already posted, checked the last 2 pages in a hurry, didn't saw them.

2011 Porsche #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3 Cup

urPmjl.jpg

65npMl.jpg

2005 ALMS GT #31 Petersen-White Lightning 911 GT3-RSR

T8G9tl.jpg

2008 Porsche #2 Gruppe Orange Racing 911 GT3 Cup

edYNjl.jpg

2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

qld9yl.jpg

EDIT: Rewinded some more pages back and it seems almost were already posted. My bad, just wanted to help. =/

guest1321

Seriously, would any sighted person pick a Panamera over an FF..?

I don't necessarily like the look of the panamera, I do think it could look better. But I do want to drive it and am glad it is in the game. From what I have heard the interior of the car is reallllllyyy nice, which (while not super important) is a plus and might put it ahead of the FF for me.

Either way, pleased with addition.

@monk - The more pics the better. I don't mind be blasted with Porsche pics even if they are the same :)

Shaneus

First game I remember playing that did a great-looking dusk/night/morning mode, complete with the headlights that peer over the hill.

Also, remember the glowing brake discs that had that light-trail effect? God damn, that was a beautiful game.

Shaneus

I somehow doubt that's all you're saying ;)

But that IS very, very dodgy though. That's almost, um, that other dev levels of trolling :/

Looking unlikely that were going to get a good selection of new fan requested classics now; 918/918 RSR, 917K, 935, 356... Just not enough spots left.

Still, I can't complain - 550 Spyder is a brilliant addition.

SarBear

Looking unlikely that were going to get a good selection of new fan requested classics now; 918/918 RSR, 917K, 935, 356... Just not enough spots left.

Still, I can't complain - 550 Spyder is a brilliant addition.

Just eliminate all the weak-ass Boxster models and that'll open up a few slots.

Top Bottom