• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Xanadu

Banned
1989 944 Turbo

QHber.jpg

sadly the new rims are looking pretty inaccurate

porsche952.jpg

the rear wheels are pretty close but the front wheels dont bend in like that, they curve outwards

witness

Hmmm major nelson has the price for the Porsche pack now listed as 1200 points, he originally posted it as 560 points......I wonder if they really did drop it from the original 1600.....

Mascot

Hmmm major nelson has the price for the Porsche pack now listed as 1200 points, he originally posted it as 560 points......I wonder if they really did drop it from the original 1600.....
That would be a much better price point. I can see a lot of fence-sitters biting at 1200.

BADNED

sadly the new rims are looking pretty inaccurate

porsche952.jpg

the rear wheels are pretty close but the front wheels dont bend in like that, they curve outwards
That is an engine specific problem. It can't display different rim forms only different rim sizes. That's why also pretty much every car in FM has inaccurate looking rims.
They either have to model the front rim and put them also on the rear in the same or a different size, or vice versa.

A new engine will not have those limitations anymore.

OrangeOak

That is an engine specific problem. It can't display different rim forms only different rim sizes. That's why also pretty much every car in FM has inaccurate looking rims.
They either have to model the front rim and put them also on the rear in the same or a different size, or vice versa.

Tell us more about this new engine I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. ;P

Hope so, I can't think of any major improvements that would work within the limits of the engine and not compromise the frame rate. I really don't want Forza 5 on the 360.

saladine1

Of course (well, not always the case but you'd hope it is). Still, what else can this 'New Engine' do which the current engine can't ?

Talking of new tech, are we even sure F5 is going to be on the 7208InfinityLoop or whatever?

I have absolutely no doubt that FM 5 will be a 720 game and not a 360.
We'll have Forza Horizon at the end of this year, next gen console announcement at E3 '13 with a FM 5 feature from Turn 10's Dan 'Beard' Greenawalt, a few months of certain hype and teasing of the game, then a release as a launch title to go with the new console at the end of 2013....

I have absolutely no doubt that FM 5 will be a 720 game and not a 360.
We'll have Forza Horizon at the end of this year, next gen console announcement at E3 '13 with a FM 5 feature from Turn 10's Dan 'Beard' Greenawalt, a few months of certain hype and teasing of the game, then a release as a launch title to go with the new console at the end of 2013....

I hope that prediction is correct I really do, but if the 720 whatever gets pushed back ever so slightly (or is indeed scheduled for a 2014 release) then it could mean Forza 5 being a 360 title, which I'm sure nobody wants. I can't wait to see next gen Forza.

Going back ever so slightly, is there anymore information on what exactly Forza Horizon is yet or are we still awaiting E3 :(

Xanadu

Banned

cool, do you know if t10 will go back and remodel all inaccurate forza 1 models (f40, s200)

Seanspeed

Banned
2012 Porsche Cayman R
403493_411921362164110_185465731476342_1356279_1876449354_n.jpg

I would complain about getting this over some of the other choices, but honestly, I think the Cayman is my favorite car Porsche make right now, so I'm pretty happy about this. I bet it'll be pretty good online, too, along with the base Cayman(or was it S, I dont remember?), many of the 911's and hopefully a few more.

Xanadu

Banned
The thing that I love about the GT is that it has a proper fucking gearbox and not that paddle shifting shit. A true supercar that you drive and not the other way around.

it still has traction control and other driving aids, a real supercar is a car like the mclaren f1

saladine1

it still has traction control and other driving aids, a real supercar is a car like the mclaren f1

I can live with the tc and whatever else, but it's the control over gears and clutch is what i'm referring to.
Grabbing third gear, clutch in, hold, rev, shift gear,clutch out, accelerate....grab second gear, clutch in, blip that shit, shift into second, overrun,pops and crackles.....rinse and repeat......heavenly.

Turn 10 Twitter said:
#forza4 #porsche This whale-tail turbo moves. The 1982 @Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 Let it spool up in Forza 4.

I LOVE the whale tail Porsches and this car is no exception. This was what one of the original Midnight Club leaders drove back in the day.

I wanted to show you my next paint guys, but I'm not sure if I can, still waiting for Jube to respond :D

Anyway, I thought that some of you might be short on credits and with Porsche pack coming soon you might need an extra shot of credits.

So here is what you gonna do to get that shot of credits. First 10 people that will send me a private message with "Funny Money" as a title and with their gamertag as a messege will get 10 mil credits each.

When I get 10 messages I'll send you a message on xbox live what to do next ;)

Cheers, HD

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I wanted to show you my next paint guys, but I'm not sure if I can, still waiting for Jube to respond :D

Anyway, I thought that some of you might be short on credits and with Porsche pack coming soon you might need an extra shot of credits.

So here is what you gonna do to get that shot of credits. First 10 people that will send me a private message with "Funny Money" as a title and with their gamertag as a messege will get 10 mil credits each.

When I get 10 messages I'll send you a message on xbox live what to do next ;)

Cheers, HD

PM sent, and friend request on Xbox Live sent.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I checked the turn 10 site, and of the announced Porsches, only three are new to the series- the 2011 Flying Lizard and Black Swan racers, and the 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

So, there's still four new cars to be revealed. The 917, 918 RSR and 2012 911 S should be three of them, hopefully.

Xanadu

Banned
I checked the turn 10 site, and of the announced Porsches, only three are new to the series- the 2011 Flying Lizard and Black Swan racers, and the 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

So, there's still four new cars to be revealed. The 917, 918 RSR and 2012 911 S should be three of them, hopefully.

if they still care about their core fans then we should be fine

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
if they still care about their core fans then we should be fine

Hopefully, the remaining four new cars are the 917, 918 (RSR or Spyder, either one is fine), 2012 911 S and either the 2011 GT3 RS 4.0 or the new 2013 Boxster S.

Then add both versions of the 911 GT1 from Forza 3 and everything will be gravy.

Top Bottom