• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

Surprised you remembered. I haven't been able to see it yet but I dunno if I will even be able to watch it. I hate seeing/hearing myself on video so I have yet to see the show.

How bad was it? lol

You looked so fucking nonchalant and badass. At one point I thought you were gonna start scrappin' from the short jokes! You were pretty spot on with your guesses, though! That CobraJet was INSANE!!!! Oh my GAWD!

Dat M3. Dude, I think you came on national television. It was that easy to see! LOL It sounded AMAZING, though. I can only imagine what it sounded like in person.

G Rom

Damn, missed the 10M giveaway. Doing it during impossible hours for Europeans, you really could work at Turn 10, H3rtz. :lol

I checked the turn 10 site, and of the announced Porsches, only three are new to the series- the 2011 Flying Lizard and Black Swan racers, and the 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

So, there's still four new cars to be revealed. The 917, 918 RSR and 2012 911 S should be three of them, hopefully.

I think it's a mistake on Turn 10's part.
Also, forget the 917 and I think the 918 can pretty much be forgotten as well. Looks like EA want us to buy "The shit run" to drive it...
If the 991 isn't in the game, well you can bet EA vetoed it as well because I don't see any reason for Turn 10 not to include it.

Mascot

If the 991 isn't in the game, well you can bet EA vetoed it as well because I don't see any reason for Turn 10 not to include it.

June, July and August car packs say "I love you, Honeybunny. Alright, everybody be cool. This is a robbery!"

Shaneus

Damn, missed the 10M giveaway. Doing it during impossible hours for Europeans, you really could work at Turn 10, H3rtz. :lol
And Australia ;) Yeah, it does suck that a hell of a lot of the Race w/ Devs and giveaways and such are all US-centric (much like the car selection in the game, sadly :/ ).

Also, I've never heard of this "Condorman"... but I'm hunting it out now.

Now, what are the chances of Porsches being in further packs? Decent, or buckley's?

Gor@n

Neo Member
The compression on the shots are a pain, give me some home-space shots. Fingers crossed for a GT2RS, 356, 928 or maybe a Turbo S, though in the end i'll still be happy with Porsche back.

Just used my hard earned to purchase the May pack. Holy Christ this Hennessey thing is a death machine. All assists off, I could barely make it around Indy without tasting steel Armco...

What's the story with this thing? Is it based on a Lotus Elise?

saladine1

Just used my hard earned to purchase the May pack. Holy Christ this Hennessey thing is a death machine. All assists off, I could barely make it around Indy without tasting steel Armco...

Lotus Exige actually. Yep, it's a monster of a car!

Here is a nice video of the Venom GT visiting Jay Leno's Garage. It gives some info about the car.

Jay Leno's Garage welcomes the Hennessey Venom GT

You looked so fucking nonchalant and badass. At one point I thought you were gonna start scrappin' from the short jokes! You were pretty spot on with your guesses, though! That CobraJet was INSANE!!!! Oh my GAWD!

Dat M3. Dude, I think you came on national television. It was that easy to see! LOL It sounded AMAZING, though. I can only imagine what it sounded like in person.

Haha, glad I wasn't too terrible. I just know I talk crazy fast and I looked so much shorter than everyone else. I was surprised that I did as good as I did considering the old guy had been drag racing since like the 60s. I was just glad that we kept Ken (the guy who works for the show) at $0 the whole game.

shinnn

wow its using forza engine for sure.

fileget.asppsuv4.jpg

boxartjnu5r.jpg

That Viper looks like it has a case of boobflounder. Also, love the motion blur.

Based on the box-art, this is going to be a $40 title at launch, right?

OrangeOak

wow its using forza engine for sure.

Why do you think that ?
I would be very suprised if it's really that engine because it's open world game.
But maybe this engine is so flexible or is heavy modified.
Car shader is looking familiar though.
I hope there is a cockpit view in this game and with windshield this time.

G Rom

Nice to see the GT1, hopefully the Strassenversion will follow. Although, I wouldn't mind a switch to the 993 version either for this one, it would so remind me of the PGR2 days. :)

Why do you think that ?
I would be very suprised if it's really that engine because it's open world game.

While I don't see how we can be sure that this the Forza engine, it would be pretty weird to make a new engine when we're reaching the end of this generation IMO...

The box art isn't that bad, that is if you take that awful logo off the thing. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if that thing had been done in Paint...

I want to believe in the team and in this game but it's hard when we know next to nothing about it and what we know doesn't look very promising. :-/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I want to believe in the team and in this game but it's hard when we know next to nothing about it and what we know doesn't look very promising. :-/

well, we know next to nothing.

the very little we do know though, sounds quite promising. quality developers. open-world. (near) forza quality graphics. from the cover; snow capped mountains, desert, festival, foothill and forest environments.

the festival atmosphere and dirt-esque logo have me a bit apprehensive about the dudebro-ness though.

Hey guys, is that Forza Horizon box art for real or is it fake? I mean if it's real then common people, it looks terrible, who made it, and on top of that, Forza Horizon logo is terrible too.

From looking at the cover I don't see a good game, I see some low budget game with the half price tag next to it.

@ G Rom, that's why I'm gonna make another giveaway this weekend, it's the only time when I can do it at a different time so more people can have a chance to get some free money.

saladine1

The thing about Horizon is that people in the know seem to be very excited and confidant about the game. Sort of like they're dying to tell you the 'good' news but can't.
It could be PR bullshit but then again, some of these guys have no stake in Turn 10 or MS.
Who knows, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

saladine1

i havent really got that sense from BADNED's cryptic posts on it.

Well, actually he has, without being cryptic even. I can't be bothered searching for the posts but he has on many occasions implied 'don't judge 'till you've seen it' after initial criticisms from the forums..

op_ivy

Well, actually he has, without being cryptic even. I can't be bothered searching for the posts but he has on many occasions implied 'don't judge 'till you've seen it' after initial criticisms from the forums..

these forums, or FC's?

op_ivy

saladine1

Well, if people praised the the game and he then said "don't judge" I might agree that would mean it's probably bad. But if someone criticizes something and someone follows up with a "don't judge" I would presume it to be a positive thing no?

BADNED, want to jump in here for some clarification lol?

op_ivy

Well, if people praised the the game and he then said "don't judge" I might agree that would mean it's probably bad. But if someone criticizes something and someone follows up with a "don't judge" I would presume it to be a positive thing no?

BADNED, want to jump in here for some clarification lol?

honestly, reading through the thread, i didnt see much negativity, aside from eso76's "meh, i'm not sure i like the bastardization of the brand.
would have preferred an open environment for mmo racing 'add-on' for fm4.". the rest of the thread was wondering if this was basically pgr5.

but yeah, BADNED, feel free to clarify at anytime.

Mascot

Box art?
I kinda assumed Horizon was an XBL game.

Really shitty art, anyway. Logo blows too. Even knowing nothing about it, this shit is already diluting the Forza brand, and I'm not happy about it. Does Dan want to build a Need For Speed-type franchise with the inherent identity crisis that comes as part of the deal?

Horizon could be cool. We literally haven't seen jack about it besides the box art and a screenshot. We'll found out more at E3, only a few weeks away.

I'll buy it anyway, cause I just like racing games. Doesn't have to be sim at all, I'll be happy if I could get something like PGR, in terms of gameplay. Open world is nice too, hoping for a real time day/night cycles and real time weather change. I mean it's an open world game so if those would be missing and I get to drive only in the sunshine during the day then I won't be really happy about it. I'm pretty sure there will be a photo mode, which should be nice addition but I'm also hoping for the livery editor, I mean it's Forza right, I hope it will be there. I also hope for the world to be quite big and not desert like only, variety is what makes people happy. There is still a little hope that LE will have a better box art :D

LostVector

Neo Member
How about putting in cars people actually own? Like the 986 Boxster, 996 Carrera (S), 997 Carrera (S). Or are these all going to be racetrack variants?

shinnn

Why do you think that ?

The screen and boxart scream "Forza". The car is exactly the same. The backgrounds are from Camino and Sedona. The lighting is the same. Even the dof effect in the screen looks the same.

edit: you guys will gonna love this new angle.. haha

boxart223f5o.jpg

Top Bottom