• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mascot

I've just noticed the festival going on in the background of that (awful) cover shot.
Picking up where NFS ProStreet left off, perchance?
Brodudes the world over have just been put on high alert.

Shaneus

Whoever chose that cover and decided to roll with the logo and the pink/yellow contrast should be shot.
About as shocking as finding out that the woeful excuse for a trailer was actually legit. I refused to believe that it was done by anyone other than some fanboy with Windows Movie Maker.

Mascot

i'm going to go out on a limb and say "of course"
What I meant was, can it be played properly with a wheel. I'm sure the option will be available in the menus, but is gameplay more "twitchy" and suited to a gamepad like in Ridge Racer and Most Wanted.

saladine1

What I meant was, can it be played properly with a wheel. I'm sure the option will be available in the menus, but is gameplay more "twitchy" and suited to a gamepad like in Ridge Racer and Most Wanted.

To be honest, I can't really get into arcade games using a wheel.
And by the way, if it's got a Pro Street vibe to it then i'll be happy......there..

BADNED

2005 #66 AXA Financial/Jon Groom Racing 911 GT3 Cup (996)

DCB6i.jpg

Pacbois

I've just noticed the festival going on in the background of that (awful) cover shot.
Picking up where NFS ProStreet left off, perchance?
Brodudes the world over have just been put on high alert.

Nah probably more a TDU meets Dirt kind of stuff.

BADNED

Yes, but we have now a different situation then what was planned once. Porsche was not in from the beginning so what was planned back then to be added is now not possible. Now they have to bring back the Porsche basis and just add a small portion of the new staff and at the same time work for the future so it gets the right amount of new models treatment.

Interesting! I figured they would've had all the models worked and done, and then when the licensing deal fell through, they just cut them out. So when it came time to add them back in, it was just a matter of picking which of the 30 they wanted.

Seanspeed

Banned
As long as we dont get a bunch of ones that are the exact same car, just with different liveries, I'll be ok. A 996 Cup car is different than the 997 Cup car, so I'm fine with that.

Now that we can paint the race cars, cup cars don't bother me as much. They are fun to paint like street cars and drive around acting like you have a sleeper.

Hmm, I think I need to get out more...

SarBear

Now that we can paint the race cars, cup cars don't bother me as much. They are fun to paint like street cars and drive around acting like you have a sleeper.

Hmm, I think I need to get out more...

The whole time you were on the show.....you just had this snide look on your face. Was really waiting for you to hit Ken with, "Cool story, bro!"

The whole time you were on the show.....you just had this snide look on your face. Was really waiting for you to hit Ken with, "Cool story, bro!"

LOL, did they keep in the parts where I mocked him for having ZERO dollars the whole game? And did you DVR it? I have yet to see it and I have no way to watch it.

Luckily someone put the final M3 pass on YouTube:

PASS TIME BMW M3 Turbo Euro S50 900HP

Check me out in all my short glory!!!

DasRaven

OK folks final guesses for the Porsche Expansion?

Today
2. '73 Carerra RS

Saturday
1. '98 GT1 Evo Strassenversion
2. '12 911 GT2 RS (new)

Sunday
1. '94 928 GTS (new)
2. '12 918 RSR (new)

Monday
1. '71 #19 Gulf Racing 917 K (new, pack surprise)

SarBear

LOL, did they keep in the parts where I mocked him for having ZERO dollars the whole game? And did you DVR it? I have yet to see it and I have no way to watch it.

Yea, they kept those parts in where you mentioned his poorness. I didn't DVR it, but comcast replays Pass Time so much that I'm sure I can catch it. The only problem is in the description they don't put which cars are being tested, so it's a shot in the dark.

SarBear

Luckily someone put the final M3 pass on YouTube:

PASS TIME BMW M3 Turbo Euro S50 900HP

Check me out in all my short glory!!!

Yea, see, you definitely came when they allowed you to ask a question about the BMW. It's ok, I came at the same time, bro. I feel you. lol

BADNED

Today
2. '73 Carerra RS

Saturday
2. '12 911 GT2 RS (new)

Sunday
1. '94 928 GTS (new)
2. '12 918 RSR (new)

Monday
You forgot a very important Porsche model! ;)

Today
2. '73 Carerra RS

Saturday
2. '12 911 GT2 RS (new)

Sunday
1. '94 928 GTS (new)
2. '12 918 RSR (new)

Monday

If the final list actually looked like that, I would be incredibly happy. The 918 is the most significant Porsche since the Carrera GT and the 917 is legendary.

Though I am pretty sure the 917 won't make it in. We still have no '62 GTO, the most famous and valuable car on the planet.

LostVector

Neo Member
Strange list so far. The Porsche's I see driving around on the street and the Porsche's being released in this pack do not match up well at all. That is a disappointment.

DasRaven

You forgot a very important Porsche model! ;)

Perhaps, we'll see what T10 come through with. I prefer to keep expectations low.
And with the achievements seemingly confirming that the '12 GT2 RS as new and Penske RS as returning, I'm not sure that the Strassenversion has a shot now.

BTW: Here's the achievement list:
Pieces Of Flare (35) Win online at the Nürburgring Nordschleife Full track in the 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
ALMS Dominator (25) Win online in the 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR (997).
Throwback (25) Complete 5 online circuit races in the 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic.
Backseat Driver (20) Complete 3 online circuit races in the 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo.
Special Delivery (25) Earn 30,000CR in the 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo.
Track Day Play Toy (20) Complete 3 online circuit races in the 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997).
All Spooled Up (25) Earn 30,000CR in the 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997).
Germany’s Supercar (25) Win online in the 2003 Porsche Carrera GT.
Whale Tail (25) Complete 5 online circuit races in the 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3.
Rennsport Originator (25) Win online in the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS.

Perhaps, we'll see what T10 come through with. I prefer to keep expectations low.
And with the achievements seemingly confirming that the '12 GT2 RS as new and Penske RS as returning, I'm not sure that the Strassenversion has a shot now.

I am almost positive Moby Dick has been confirmed by all the hinting and BANED's signature.

saladine1

This whole Porsche thing is making me sick.
I wonder, if it was Ferrari MIA rather than Porsche, would there have been the same uproar or not?

Yeah, no doubt. Like Dan said, Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini are the "halo" marks of cars. A game needs to have them to really stand out.

I'm still quite happy with the pack--we finally got Porsche back, making FM4 the most complete auto game ever released. I just think it's silly to have repeat models taking up spots for other cars.

OrangeOak

The screen and boxart scream "Forza". The car is exactly the same. The backgrounds are from Camino and Sedona. The lighting is the same. Even the dof effect in the screen looks the same.

edit: you guys will gonna love this new angle.. haha

Thanks for answering.
The more I'm looking at this screen the more I think that you might be right.
Foliage and reflections are similar to Forza.
The car model looks like it's from fm4 but the models are probably going to be taken from fm4 regardless of the engine they are using.
I don't think that they are going to reuse Forza 4 backdrops though.It's probably just a setting similar to sedona.
I'm curious how hard it was to make open world game on that engine.

Seems like Turn 10 are keen to force cheevo hunters online.

I hope that it is possible to earn this achievements in private lobby with AI cars.

G Rom

Turn 10 almost never do duplicates anymore and add only the fastest versions of the cars (M for BMW, S or RS for Audi, AMG for Mercedes, Spec-V for Skyline, etc...).

Strange list so far. The Porsche's I see driving around on the street and the Porsche's being released in this pack do not match up well at all. That is a disappointment.

Yeah, because I'm sure you're disappointed that we have the 250 GTO, 250 California, FXX, 599XX, F40C, etc... because you don't see them on roads either.

Porsche has an insane motorsport heritage (which we only see the tip with the selection we'll get) so it's only natural that race cars take a good chunk of the roster IMO.
And personally, with the limitations we have (30 cars), I'd rather drive an exceptional version (GT3, GT3 RS, GT2 RS) than a version I can commonly see on roads (yeah face it Porsche fans, your cars are common :p).

Mascot

I don't know if this was mentioned already but Porsche DLC is back to 1600msp on Nelsons blog. ;(

Even though the price is the same as it always was, it now seems a lot more expensive since the phantom discounts.

Ah, the psychology of sales. How you fuck with our tiny minds.

G Rom

Haven't seen a GT2 RS yet but I've seen several 991 on the roads already, looks very good IMO, especially the rear.
Speaking of cars seen on the roads, I saw another 458 Italia last week. Still looked as incredible as the first time I had seen one in person.

DasRaven

2007 911 Turbo (997)

HDhba.jpg

Updated after today's events.

Saturday
1. '73 Carerra RS
2. '12 911 GT2 RS (new)

Sunday
1. '08 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder EVO
2. '12 918 RSR (new)

Monday
1. No Strassenversion, 991 C2S, 935/78, or 917 K
2. a mix of elation and disappointment

LostVector

Neo Member
Yeah, because I'm sure you're disappointed that we have the 250 GTO, 250 California, FXX, 599XX, F40C, etc... because you don't see them on roads either.

Porsche has an insane motorsport heritage (which we only see the tip with the selection we'll get) so it's only natural that race cars take a good chunk of the roster IMO.
And personally, with the limitations we have (30 cars), I'd rather drive an exceptional version (GT3, GT3 RS, GT2 RS) than a version I can commonly see on roads (yeah face it Porsche fans, your cars are common :p).
That's being intentionally obtuse.

F40, FXX, etc are iconic cars from the brand, tho rare. Cars from the brand that people actually drive should be represented well in the game because they are also iconic, but in a different way.

Why else do you think people are complaining about all the race car variants?

BADNED

Updated after today's events.

Saturday
1. '73 Carerra RS
2. '12 911 GT2 RS (new)

Sunday
1. '08 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder EVO
2. '12 918 RSR (new)

Monday
1. No Strassenversion, 991 C2S, 935/78, or 917 K
2. a mix of elation and disappointment
Somehow funny and amusing that everyone expected the 917 or 918 in the beginning and now no one expects the GT1 Evo.

Top Bottom