• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

BADNED

VIP membership is now available for purchase:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...c8072d0-b551-45f5-b5f4-dda36a34f4fd?cid=SLink

First off, if you are already a Forza Motorsport 4 VIP you do not need to purchase VIP program membership to receive your benefits.

For everyone else, VIP Program membership is now available for purchase through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 1,200 points ($15).

VIP program membership gets you five Limited Collector's Edition cars, a $5 discount off the price of the upcoming Porsche Expansion Pack (PEP must be purchased in-game to receive the discount), exclusive in-game gifts, access to exclusive VIP Rivals Mode Events, and expanded storefront and gallery space, as well as VIP designation on your GamerTag in Forza Motorsport 4.

What makes this VIP Program membership purchase opportunity even sweeter is our partnership with international charity organization, Save the Children. We will have a full story and all the details of what you get by entering the VIP Program, how we are partnered with Save the Children, and what they do as an organization on forzamotorsport.net/news soon.

Thanks from the Turn 10 Community Team
Porsche Expansion 1200MSP for VIP's.

G Rom

Wait a minute, 5$ reduction on the Porsche Pack ? Does this apply to all VIP members or only those who buy the VIP pack ?
Also, didn't know that VIP had more gallery space. Oo

BADNED

Wait a minute, 5$ reduction on the Porsche Pack ? Does this apply to all VIP members or only those who buy the VIP pack ?
Also, didn't know that VIP had more gallery space. Oo
To all VIP's but you have to purchase it through the in-game marketplace otherwise you will pay 1600.

G Rom

Yeah, saw your edit BADNED, thanks. I was being cautious as we've been burned before...

And I agree, finally VIP is worth something. VIP membership in FM4 really pales in comparison to FM3 (before its release on the marketplace).

Not only that, but they also changed the limit on the storefront for the VIP members, instead of having usual 18 slots for designs, vinyl groups and photos, VIP members now have 30 slots available :)

EIDT:

Had to take it down , sorry :D

Nothing nothing etc etc ;)

I did pick up your Scooby paint the other day though :)

VIP was amazing in Forza 3 and I'm glad I didn't plump for it for 4 (after the hint of the season pass being included, and then not, I decided to leave it) I'm interested in what this 'future download content' (probably more Porsche and not tracks) may be, I may just plump for the VIP if it's actually worth something.

The extra slots should have been available from day 1 though!

LostVector

Neo Member
weird how they start making VIP mean something half a year later

Bad up front, but at least it shows their heart is in the right place. Props for eventually doing the right thing.

Now if only they would fix the multiscreen issue that has you staring at the road instead of in front of you. That one is ridiculous.

witness

Ok T10 finally implementing real VIP benefits is awesome, obviously late but still its nice and I wont complain. Getting a 400 point discount on the Porsche pack put me over the edge, buying it day 1.

The $5 discount for VIP members is nice. Very nice.

The teasing about tracks needs to stop, though. Either give me new road to race on or stop getting my hopes up!

LOL, did they keep in the parts where I mocked him for having ZERO dollars the whole game? And did you DVR it? I have yet to see it and I have no way to watch it.

Luckily someone put the final M3 pass on YouTube:

PASS TIME BMW M3 Turbo Euro S50 900HP

Check me out in all my short glory!!!

LOL its funny the picture your mind creates when you only have a voice work from.
In my mind you were clean shaven.

And there is nothing wrong with being short, though your name takes on a new meaning :p

I hate hitting my head on shit. And getting comfortable in sports cars is near impossible.

saladine1

Add-on packs not car packs, VIP membership is out so that only leaves track pack(s), Spahurst confirmed !!!!

Am I doing it right, saladine ?

Nearly got it, except you forgot to add an extra exclamation mark..

Look, if logic is anything to go by, it would really make sense if a track dlc was offered later in FM4's life and not earlier on. There's so much to do in FM4 that it would take the average gamer a long time before he or she would see and do everything in the game.
Once Turn 10 thinks that it's time for an 'injection of legs', they will offer a track for everyone to play on.
Again, this is pure logic, but we all know that Turn 10's logic isn't bound by any rules or parameters so who fucking knows right?

Nearly got it, except you forgot to add an extra exclamation mark..

Look, if logic is anything to go by, it would really make sense if a track dlc was offered later in FM4's life and not earlier on. There's so much to do in FM4 that it would take the average gamer a long time before he or she would see and do everything in the game.
Once Turn 10 thinks that it's time for an 'injection of legs', they will offer a track for everyone to play on.
Again, this is pure logic, but we all know that Turn 10's logic isn't bound by any rules or parameters so who fucking knows right?

It's not even like 4 is old, it would make sense to get people hooked on a Season Pass with Cars, then release a track or two to get people spending. I don't feel I'm clutching at straws here, but I'm still looking forward to another track (or two).

Mascot

If tracks ARE incoming, I just pray we get something with personality like SpaHurst and not some obscure choice that appears on nobody's wishlist. I think I might actually prefer a fantasy track in a brand new environment, as you can get a lot more bang for your buck: several different ribbons, all also playable in reverse.

Was it ever confirmed why Camino Extreme isn't playable backwards, by the way? You can obviously turn around and drive it in reverse with no obvious problems (albeit without a bunch of other cars all going the same way) but I can see no reason why it wouldn't work. They could at least open it up in reverse for hot lapping.

Xanadu

Banned
i can see it now, spa, bathurst, original hockenheimring, reworked nurburgring including 24 hour version and various time of day settings and a special bonus, all forza 1 cars remodelled.. just 200ms points! t10 fucking rule

sneaky77

i can see it now, spa, bathurst, original hockenheimring, reworked nurburgring including 24 hour version and various time of day settings and a special bonus, all forza 1 cars remodelled.. just 200ms points! t10 fucking rule

is it april fools again?

The_Monk

So, if I got the limited edition, I have VIP privileges?

Yes, I think so.

What a nice surprise, drinking my coffee, getting some Forza 4 news. But now I'm kinda curious to see those upcoming pack after the Porsche pack... Also, I should have more Forza fans on my Friends list. It feels empty.

One quick question:

What's with the T10 giving us free cars? Is it random, when they give, it's for everybody? I just got one but this time I got the Unicorn Hunter Achievement. It was a good surprise indeed.

BADNED

2011 #23 Alex Job Racing 911 GT3 Cup (997/2)

6HorZ.jpg

A duplicate is considered one of the new cars?

Thats bullshit.

Duplicate of new car = second new car, at least according to Turn 10.

We saw the same thing with the '11 ALMS GT3-RSRs. For all we know, these new additions may have been dictated more by the licensing agreement with EA than by Turn 10 themselves, not that it much alleviates this somewhat underwhelming roster of new Porsches.

At least we still have the 997 GT2 RS coming.

BADNED

Duplicate of new car = second new car, at least according to Turn 10.

We saw the same thing with the '11 ALMS GT3-RSRs. For all we know, these new additions may have been dictated more by the licensing agreement with EA than by Turn 10 themselves, not that it much alleviates this somewhat underwhelming roster of new Porsches.

At least we still have the 997 GT2 RS coming.
Actually it has something to do with the ALMS license! Originally we would had 8 of them but since Porsche was not in from the beginning they had to cut it down to the two most important ones for the expansion.

Xanadu

Banned
That would be the "Horizon" pack. Which is stand-alone DLC. Only available at retail. If you catch my drift.

no way a car like that would be in horizon, that games HIP! i'm expecting only supercars from the 21st century and all the import tuners and 300c for the rimz

Mascot

We are not there yet but one day together with his friends it will rock Forzaland.
Patience!
Come on, B. We've played along with your teases and titbits for years now. What is your actual association with Turn 10, and is it true that you are really female?

Shaneus

no way a car like that would be in horizon, that games HIP! i'm expecting only supercars from the 21st century and all the import tuners and 300c for the rimz
With the mention of "Forzaland" and not just "Forza", I know what conclusions I'm drawing ;)

Top Bottom