• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Pepto

Banned
Man, these R1 race are too hard. Might have lose a couple of races so the game lowers the difficulty for me. Also that simulation steering is still killing me.

At this rate I will never finish the single player.

Xanadu

Banned
Man, these R1 race are too hard. Might have lose a couple of races so the game lowers the difficulty for me. Also that simulation steering is still killing me.

how can you lose with infinite rewind

saladine1

On the subject of tuning, I remember when 'Beardy' Greenawalt stated that the tuning in the game wasn't an integral factor in the behavior of a car and that it was only there for fine tuning as it were.
The fact of the matter is though, the tuning in FM4 is so detailed, so meticulous in it's affect on a vehicle's behavior, that it's practically a must to learn everything there is to know about the process or what I call the art form.
This, imo, is why it's so important for Turn 10 to enhance the tuning/upgrades tutorials to a level that even the most uninitiated could not only understand but also apply in a shorter time than usual. That's why I feel that 'a picture is worth a thousand words' or even better in this case, a 'video', is a much better way of doing things rather than a rolling description...

Are you doing season play or the event list?

thundr51

Is the Porsche pack going to be the same as the other car packs (only paying for the RIGHT to buy them in game) or will I actually be able to use the cars?

Seanspeed

Banned
I have it turned off.

Dont torture yourself with such nonsense. Rewind is the only thing that makes racing against the AI somewhat bearable.

There's no shame in it having it available. If you're really strict about your own driving, then dont use it when YOU make a big mistake and only when an incident occurs as a result of the AI braking 50m before a corner or braking in the middle of a section thats pretty easily flat-out or something.

It can also make you a better driver if you pay attention to your mistakes and what you're doing to correct them.

G Rom

2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
546524_414648185224761_185465731476342_1363328_1567158162_n.jpg

So the only cars that you can use on the Tuners of Japan Speedway event on the event list are cars that cannot be upgraded to R3 and unicorn cars. Seems fair.

Shaneus

Actually, that brings up an interesting point... are there any Porsche unicorns? There had better not be (or at least, offer a reasonable way of scoring one that doesn't impact those in differing timezones to the US).

Finally decided to take a short brake from the editor and play the game a little (lol) Took a few pictures as well, I'm not the best at this but who cares right? :D

Also, remember guys that today (Sunday) is the day I will give away another 100mil credits, probably around noon (CST) (should still be fairly early in Europe at that time) so be on the lookout ;)

Here is the CST link if someone wants to see what time is it ;)
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/central-time/

7231698496_c27f188906_c.jpg

7231698628_34d7a1e26d_c.jpg

7231698522_20e51cf855_c.jpg

DasRaven

Ah yes, forgot about that one. I guess the duplicates don't add up to the 30 Porsche then.
So that means we might have some more left beside the GT2 RS ?

Nope, here's the final list
1987 #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c 
1998 #26 AG GT 1-98 
2005 #66 AXA Racing 911 GT3 Cup (996)
2005 #31 Petersen White Lightning 911 GT3-RSR (996)  
2007 #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR   
2008 #02 Gruppe Orange Racing 911 GT3 Cup
2008 #16 Dyson Racing RS Spyder Evo
2008 #07 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo 
2011 #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3 Cup  
2011 #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports 911 GT3-RSR (997) 
2011 #17 Team Falken 911 GT3-RSR
2011 #23 Alex Job Racing 911 GT3 Cup 
1956 550A Spyder 
1970 914/6 
1973 911 Carrera RS 
1982 911 Turbo 3.3 
1987 959  
1989 944 Turbo
1995 911 GT2 (930)
2003 Carrera GT 
2004 911 GT3 (996)
2007 911 GT3 RS (997)
2007 911 GT3 (997)
2007 911 Turbo 997 (997)
2010 Panamera Turbo
2010 Boxster S (987)
2010 911 Sport Classic (997/2)
2012 911 GT2 RS (997/2)
2012 Cayenne Turbo
2012 Cayman R (987)

Lets get it started, shall we?

Do it easy do it fast... 100mil credits giveaway (limited)

The rules are the same as before, first 10 people that will send me a private message with "Gimme Something" as a title and with their gamertag as a message will get 10 mil credits each. I would rather do it for people that didn't get the money before but if I won't have enough messages I would make it open for everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your time, do it right... 50mil credits giveaway (open to everyone)

Here is the second (50mil) giveaway for today and everyone can participate in this one, even if you got the money before. For this one I will require you to do a little work. What you have to do is to take any car, paint it white and take it on maple valley and take a great picture there. When you happy with the final result send me a private message with "Got Camera" as a title and with the link to the photo and the gamertag as a message.

The deadline for this one is midnight CST, which gives you guys around 12 hours to do it.

Again, here is the link to the CST clock, so make sure you send me the messages with pictures before midnight (tonight).

Top three picture will be rewarded with credits....

1st place - 25mil
2nd place - 15mil
3rd place - 10 mil

Cheers, HD

EDIT:

Do you guys know if T10 will have some Porsche packs codes giveaways this weekend?

Cheers again :)

BADNED

Oh I am patient mate, I am very patient :)

Is there anyway you could hint if Forza Horizon will have (or won't) Livery editor?
Just for the info the wait will be a very long one.

Regarding FH, it's a bit early now but I will say it so, they will have something for the individualists among us.

Seanspeed

Banned
Nope, here's the final list
1987 #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c 
1998 #26 AG GT 1-98 
2005 #66 AXA Racing 911 GT3 Cup (996)
2005 #31 Petersen White Lightning 911 GT3-RSR (996)  
2007 #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR   
2008 #02 Gruppe Orange Racing 911 GT3 Cup
2008 #16 Dyson Racing RS Spyder Evo
2008 #07 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo 
2011 #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3 Cup  
2011 #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports 911 GT3-RSR (997) 
2011 #17 Team Falken 911 GT3-RSR
2011 #23 Alex Job Racing 911 GT3 Cup 
1956 550A Spyder 
1970 914/6 
1973 911 Carrera RS 
1982 911 Turbo 3.3 
1987 959  
1989 944 Turbo
1995 911 GT2 (930)
2003 Carrera GT 
2004 911 GT3 (996)
2007 911 GT3 RS (997)
2007 911 GT3 (997)
2007 911 Turbo 997 (997)
2010 Panamera Turbo
2010 Boxster S (987)
2010 911 Sport Classic (997/2)
2012 911 GT2 RS (997/2)
2012 Cayenne Turbo
2012 Cayman R (987)

Incredibly disappointing. I wish I was warned that it wasn't gonna feature any exciting new models.

Cant wait till Tuesday...

Porsche pack and my projector gets delivered as well :) 80 inches of Forza await.

But I'm sure UPS will screw me and deliver when I'm asleep. I slept through an earthquake, true story. So I wont hear the doorbell and will have to pick it up at the processing center :(

SarBear

Lets get it started, shall we?

Do it easy do it fast... 100mil credits giveaway (limited)

The rules are the same as before, first 10 people that will send me a private message with "Gimme Something" as a title and with their gamertag as a message will get 10 mil credits each. I would rather do it for people that didn't get the money before but if I won't have enough messages I would make it open for everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your time, do it right... 50mil credits giveaway (open to everyone)

Here is the second (50mil) giveaway for today and everyone can participate in this one, even if you got the money before. For this one I will require you to do a little work. What you have to do is to take any car, paint it white and take it on maple valley and take a great picture there. When you happy with the final result send me a private message with "Got Camera" as a title and with the link to the photo and the gamertag as a message.

The deadline for this one is midnight CST, which gives you guys around 12 hours to do it.

Again, here is the link to the CST clock, so make sure you send me the messages with pictures before midnight (tonight).

Top three picture will be rewarded with credits....

1st place - 25mil
2nd place - 15mil
3rd place - 10 mil

Cheers, HD

EDIT:

Do you guys know if T10 will have some Porsche packs codes giveaways this weekend?

Cheers again :)

All over this. Need money!

Three spots left for 100mil giveaway ;)

Remember guys, that everyone can enter the photo 50mil giveaway, people that got the credits before as well as the people that will get the credits today.

saladine1

Man, I've just raced with the '71 Ferrari Automobili 312P and holy shit at the sound!
I absolutely love the two distinct on and off sounds. This car sounds very authentic I have to say.

Yeah, you did :)

Wow, I just realized how awesome the Porsche Leipzing Test track is, I think everyone would be more than satisfied if it was in the Porsche pack :D

Mascot

Wow, I just realized how awesome the Porsche Leipzing Test track is, I think everyone would be more than satisfied if it was in the Porsche pack :D

Wait wait, what? Is this some kind of insider Neddyhint from someone who's got early access to the Porsche Pack?

H3rTz! Beans! SPILL!

Wait wait, what? Is this some kind of insider Neddyhint from someone who's got early access to the Porsche Pack?

H3rTz! Beans! SPILL!

Nah, nothing like that,I don't think they give away early codes for this pack. I was just watching some youtube videos and thought it would be awesome if the track was in the pack :D

I mean, look at this thing...

Porsche_Leipzig_Medium.jpg

So there is a chance we might get it :D But yeah, the track is pretty flat I think there is only one small hill on the entire track, which I think is better than nothing :D

Stubo

Nah, nothing like that, I was just watching some youtube videos and thought it would be awesome if the track was in the pack :D

I mean, look at this thing...

http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/files/slideshow/Porsche_Leipzig_Medium.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ahh, after reading the text on this image and seeing which corners have been included I really want this track now. Impending sadness awaits :(

[QUOTE][img]http://i.imgur.com/qiPiT.jpg

Ok guys, the 100 mil giveaway is closed now, got 10 messages needed. Now, I'll send a message to all of you on xbox live what to do next ;)

There is still 6,5 hours left for the photo 50mil giveaway ;)

G Rom

I can already see the epic announcement trolling that T10 could do with this track :
T10 Twitter : "Prepare for some teasing about where you'll be racing in FM4 in the future, RT2WIN"
T10 Twitter : "Lesmo, parabolica"
Fans : "Monza DLC for FM4 :eek:"
T10 Twitter : "I hear Monaco is a nice place to gamble"
Fans : "Wait, they're adding Monaco as well ?! Best news ever !"
T10 Twitter : "Ran out of gas, guess I'll have to go to the bus-stop"
Fans : "Holy shit, Spa ?! Is Santa real ?"
WIR on FM.net : "We're proud to present the Porsche Lepzig Test Track featuring corners from famous venues such as Monza, Monaco and Spa"
Fans : "Fuuuuuuuuuuu"
Dan : *troll face* "U mad ?"

Do it Turn 10 ! :D

Stubo

I can already see the epic announcement trolling that T10 could do with this track :
T10 Twitter : "Prepare for some teasing about where you'll be racing in FM4 in the future, RT2WIN"
WIR on FM.net : "We're proud to present the Porsche Lepzig Test Track featuring corners from famous venues such as Monza, Monaco and Spa"

I wouldn't even be mad.

:D

That would be epic :D

Here is another poor attempt at photo mode lol I know it's Audi again, and yeah, it's also white but I love white cars :D I'm doing the event list and I'll try to race every event with a different car to check as many cars as possible. While doing it I will also try to take at least one picture of the car I use so maybe when I'm done with the event list my photo skills will improve a little :D

7237302344_914c69e353_c.jpg

Ok guys, the 100 mil giveaway is closed now, got 10 messages needed. Now, I'll send a message to all of you on xbox live what to do next ;)

There is still 6,5 hours left for the photo 50mil giveaway ;)

Damn, I wanted to have a go at this photo one, but alas, I will be at work. GAF was down for me yesterday evening (AUS), and I only saw this this morning.

Hopefully you run it again sometime.

You must be bursting at the seams with crs, even though most of your designs are free!
How do you do it?

It's all from the limited edition cars (car + paint + tune) that go to the auction house, they usually go for a really big numbers. The highest payout I got for a single car so far was 240mil. The thing is, I don't really need the credits, whatever I get I'm trying to giveaway to people so players that had trouble getting credits or getting real expensive cars can have a break ;)

It's all from the limited edition cars (car + paint + tune) that go to the auction house, they usually go for a really big numbers. The highest payout I got for a single car so far was 240mil. The thing is, I don't really need the credits, whatever I get I'm trying to giveaway to people so players that had trouble getting credits or getting real expensive cars can have a break ;)

You must have better luck at that than me because I have done the same thing, just people don't really like my car designs so it doesn't improve the price at all. So my credit income are just from racing which is really slow going.

It also depends on how many cars are you gonna make. I never went over 3 with the limited edition cars, most of the time is only one or two. Limited doesn't mean a different version of any of my designs, it's just a new, really limited paint, it's something that won't ever be on the storefront, same with the tune. It is also very imported how and where are you gonna promote it, the more people will see it the more chances that you gonna make them want one ;)

I know a lot of people like that kind of exclusivity and they willing to pay for it ;)

I don't consider myself to be the best but I think I'm at least decent when it comes to designs and the truth is if it wasn't for Jub3 I would never be where I am right now. I haven't paint at all in Forza 2, then in Forza 3 I saw Jub3's work and thought, wow, I want to be like this guy (lol I know), but in the race department. I swear I never imagined that I would be able to make things I make today, it started slow, hard and with very easy projects but it got big over the time. I really admired Jub3's work, got every single of his designs in Forza 3, took a tone of pictures of his work and slowly was trying to be as good as he is :D

Top Bottom