• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I know the Porsche pack is almost out and everyone is excited but what about RUF?

BADNED, are there any plans for more RUF cars for Forza 4? What about this little beauty?

Ruf-CTR-3-Clubsport-fot.3-616x462.jpg

2011-porsche-ruf-ctr-3-6.jpg

2011-porsche-ruf-ctr-3-7.jpg
I hope the CTR2 and CTR3 are included. Maybe the 3400K, but that's based on the Cayman.

Future RUF and Porsche downloads beyond this and the rumored Yellowbird would be great.

SarBear

I laid out Bacon and Eggs for Jube......sure am hoping he comes down my chimney between tonight and tomorrow with a spare DLC code! LOL

18,721,000 for the pack. Glad I've saved all my CR since March haha.. Will be buying all of them on day one.

Man, can't wait for this. Photo Mode is going to be getting a hammering from me!

SarBear

With all this Porsche fappage, I'm going to need that mouth controller to play Forza from now on. Hands are sticking to my lap pretty good here. -__-

Not yet, I was waiting for your message Enzo, didn't you get my message on xbox live? I'll send you a pm in a sec.

edit:

Great job on the paint evil :) See, when you really get into it there is nothing you can't do ;)

I didn't fallow all the Porsche reveals and I was more than sure it will be in the pack. I just checked the full Porsche line-up and boy was I wrong :(

The only thing left is to hope for the best future, maybe someday we'll get to drive it again.

tumblr_lv9aw87Mmd1r6hkjmo1_500.jpg

why has no one mentioned the GT1 road version not being included, are any of you even porsche enthusiasts

It's sorely missed. I don't understand why we get repeat Cup and RSR's taking up valuable spots for extra models multiple liveries can simply be made into a paint swatch. Make the liveries a paint swatch in FM5, T10!

Just fired up FM3 to take a spin in the GT1 Strassenversion. Took it around Amalfi full. And man, for as good as 4 is...

The geometry is Forza 3 is amazing. Bernese Alps is nowhere near as stunning a track as Amalfi. There's polygonal animated spectators on hotel balconies and huge draw distances with complex geometry. It's my guess that when they popped this track into the revised engine for FM4, the game just chugged.

It's a shame because while 4 is the better game, 3 is still a stunner in many ways.

And on a side note...in 3, the DeLorean has a proper matte finish to the body panels, but in 4 the panels are glossy except in Autovista. Where's the QC, guys?

saladine1

Has anyone posted a video of the Carrera GT yet?
Need some sound byte heavenly goodness..

Regarding Forza Horizon:

It will be a real open world racer like TDU. Im not sure how large TDU2s game world was, but you wont be disappointed because of Horizons map scale, not at all ;) Physics are comparable to Forzas, atleast much close than anything TDU or NFS.

I dont think anyone is allowed to tell yet. What I can tell is that there will be different types of environments, but all of them on the same map. Maybe a bit like GTA SA.

All driveable and some of the traffic cars I have seen were taken directly from Forza 4. I dont see a reason why they shouldnt take all vehicles from Forza4 and reuse them in Horizon.

The_Monk

I'm not sure if I'm going to be strong enough to not get the Porsche Pack... Even if I still have around 50% of the Event List to clear I might be there for the looks and most important, those Engine sounds.

Shaneus

Fuuuuuck. Is this out yet? It's the 22nd here in Australa damnit!

And to get it for 1200, I buy it in-game and not on the store, yes?

Also, pics of this (with this scheme) in-game, kthx:
JKBI0.jpg

FM4 VIP's refresh your in-game Marketplace for the discounted 1200MSP

Please tell me this isn't a limited time only type thing...

Also...

I asked a question earlier in regards to:

"On a different subject, is anyone else having issues with "Failed to retrieve storefront/marketplace data...." when checking storefront or marketplace? It boots me back to the race type menu..."

Any ideas?

Phinor

Love these tidbits. Much appreciated and so far everything is sounding great.

If what was quoted is true, my all time dream game might just become reality. An open world driving game with tons of cars and good enough physics, that's the dream. TDU got some parts right but the driving model was just bad. Forza isn't even close to perfect by any means but it definitely fits into my "good enough" category when it comes to open world driving game physics.

I Dun Goofed

I was so focused on redoing my living room in preparation for my projector coming today I forgot that UPS won't be here till like 6pm.

Now I have my 42" in the bedroom my 32" in my car(giving it to one of my employees) and a wall mounted projector screen with all my electronics set up underneath while I wait for my projector. I'm to damn tired now to unwire the 360 into the bedroom only to go back in redo it later.

Fuck I wanted to drive some Porsches right now. :(

Shaneus

Has anyone posted a video of the Carrera GT yet?
Need some sound byte heavenly goodness..

Regarding Forza Horizon:
Just tell me it handles like PGR4. Please. And has weather effects like PGR4. And style/aesthetics like PGR4. And sound.

and is basically a sequel to PGR4

Edit: Problems with in-game marketplace too. Isn't even loading the preview pic for the pack (but will load the others). I'm guessing there's something I need to do, but no idea what :/

Projector is so worth the wait. If you have any friends though, it will make you wish for four-player split-screen even more than you did.

Could have used it in college with golden eye N64 it was to easy to see where everyone was on a 27", I'm talking to you mike you cheating mother fucker! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, I wanted to buy the pack before I go to work, just to check the cars and see the upgrades but I get the error as well. It will have to wait till the evening I guess. It's gonna be a long night for me, I'll be driving Porsche like crazy till midnight and slaying monsters in Dragon's Dogma till dawn :D

Mascot

Yep, Marketplace error for me too. Status code 800700E8.

Edit: just Googled that error code and it says: awaiting rain cloud activation for SpaHurst.
Holy shit!!!!11

Snubbers

Now that is some great info.

Totally agree! Saladine is the man for getting us that!

Horizon is slowly making inroads on peaking my interested-o-meter!

And very happy the Porsche pack is out!, One of my fav brands (avatar says it all really!).. Will be downloading as soon as I get home.

Quite nice that us VIPs do get that little extra, although I'd have preferred a double discount for Season pack holders as well!!

Tell me guys if I'm wrong here, even though we got the Porsche pack today we still be getting (at least we should be) regular DLC Tuesday, June 5th right?

Top Bottom