• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

More DLC is coming, that's for sure, but we don't know when. Do we still get monthly pack (and thus, a pack on the 5th) or every two month ?

Also, hype is through the roof after seeing those bumpers/spoiler swaps. :eek:
Now, if only the in-game marketplace was working... :(

Tell me guys if I'm wrong here, even though we got the Porsche pack today we still be getting (at least we should be) regular DLC Tuesday, June 5th right?

Hopefully!

Even better if it'd contain Porsches that couldn't make it into the pack...*cough* GT1 Strassenversion *cough*

...or Spahurst.

Guaranteed thar T10 would finally see some good sales from a track pack if they released those two.

G Rom

Someone over at FM.net confirmed that the 962c finally had a stock top speed of 245 mph, nice !

All those details, the pack being so close yet so far... argh !

So the pack is still not up for VIPs in the FM4 marketplace, I see.

I had thought that the release of Truth in 24 II in about 10 minutes would help with the wait, but it seems like its been delayed-- again-- by another 8 hours. D'oh!

LostVector

Neo Member
Uh, does anyone know what multiscreen users are supposed to do with this pack? Every expansion pack so far has had a free car download, This is so that, even if you don't purchase the pack, you can still see the proper cars when you:

A. race against them
B. have other screen views

If there isn't a free car I'm confused how this is going to work properly. Making multiscreen users pay 20 bucks per extra screen would be the biggest dick move ever. Not being to use or see Porsche cars in regular hoppers would cripple the fun of the whole pack too if you can only race against people with the pack.

Don't have an answer but it sure is strange that there isn't a free pack.

I'm guessing that since the pack also includes events, they would have to be locked out to the people who only got the free pack. Maybe that required more cost and effort than T10 wanted to code in, hence no free pack.

Still not working for VIPs?

Uh, does anyone know what multiscreen users are supposed to do with this pack? Every expansion pack so far has had a free car download, This is so that, even if you don't purchase the pack, you can still see the proper cars when you:

A. race against them
B. have other screen views

If there isn't a free car I'm confused how this is going to work properly. Making multiscreen users pay 20 bucks per extra screen would be the biggest dick move ever. Not being to use or see Porsche cars in regular hoppers would cripple the fun of the whole pack too if you can only race against people with the pack.

Hadn't thought about that, could MS really be that short sighted....or greedy?

DasRaven

Hey T10, Now would be a great time to add the Range Rover Sport Supercharged LE
2013-Range-Rover-Sport-Supercharged-with-Red-Brembo-brake-callipers.jpg

[LINK]

Jamesways

I know it's a Porsche-centric day around here, but I just wanted to show the paint I completely last night.

After watching it in FIA GT, the BES, and good chunks of last weekend's 24hr Nurburgring race, I decided to do one of the Speedhunters Team WRT Audi replica.

There's not really any stellar ones on the SF yet, and I LOVE the car, and the Audi LMS is one of my go-to's in the game. At lease it got me back to painting again. Shame we don't have matte black for an option though.

Did what I could around the unpaintable glitch areas.

7249253380_d3d6c31fd7_b.jpg

7249253606_2108a33e78_b.jpg

7249254010_f9a4b997bf_b.jpg

It's on my SF under WRT if anyone's interested.

Bummer they lost so much time in the pits in the race. I kind of have a feeling they're might take the GT1 title (if they have the right tire choices based on weather).

I know it's a Porsche-centric day around here, but I just wanted to show the paint I completely last night.

After watching it in FIA GT, the BES, and good chunks of last weekend's 24hr Nurburgring race, I decided to do the Speedhunters Team WRT Audi replica.

There's not really any stellar ones on the SF yet, and I LOVE the car, and the Audi LMS is one of my go-to's in the game. At lease it got me back to painting again. Shame we don't have matte black for an option though.

Did what I could around the unpaintable glitch areas.

7249253380_d3d6c31fd7_b.jpg

7249253606_2108a33e78_b.jpg

7249254010_f9a4b997bf_b.jpg

It's on my SF under WRT if anyone's interested.

Bummer they lost so much time in the pits in the race. I kind of have a feeling they're might take the GT1 title (if they have the right tire choices based on weather).

Awesome work man! I assume you saw the write-ups and pics over on SH.com already? Some amazing photos there.

Jamesways

Awesome work man! I assume you saw the write-ups and pics over on SH.com already? Some amazing photos there.

You bet! Used a lot of their photos for reference.

I think I have to do some 24h Nurb Porsches next.
Either that or a few of the ones from last year's EU GT3.

I forgot how much I enjoy replica work.

G Rom

Update on the issue :
Jube over at FM.net forums said:
Hey guys, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and the delay in being able to play with the new pack. We wanted to give you an update on the current issue VIP users are experiencing when trying to purchase the Porsche expansion pack via the in-game marketplace.We’re aggressively working on a solution to the issue where VIP Members are not able to purchase the VIP priced version of the Porsche Expansion Pack. VIP Members, whether you have been with us since the LCE or have just joined recently, are very important to us and we are pushing hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible so that you can take advantage of your discount and start playing with Porsches as soon as possible.

G Rom

Some people are reporting that they were able to download the pack with the VIP discount deducted. I've tried it myself and it still won't work.
Maybe the fix needs to spread on XBL or something.

SarBear

Some people are reporting that they were able to download the pack with the VIP discount deducted. I've tried it myself and it still won't work.

Horse shit.

I'd really like to get this pack. Either by discount or by comp. Seriously, bro. Gettin' impatient.

G Rom

Still not working for me either...
Tried to reset the router, clearing the cache, turning the console off, etc... Nothing fixed the issue...

Jamesways

They want VIPs to get desperate and spend the extra 5 bucks.
Gots to make back those dollars from people getting the last pack for free.

Nah, should hopefully be working for everyone soon.

BADNED

Have you tried it through the Buy Cars section in Career?

Go there to Porsche, select one, which will prompt you back to the ingame marketplace due to missing content and see if you can get it now for the discounted price. I have a few friends who managed to get it so.

G Rom

Tried that, tried to get it through the Turn 10 message saying new DLC was available (they should have put a troll face in there for those who can't get it to work :p), no luck...

BADNED

I assume you also logged out the game(title screen) and then logged in anew?

BTW I have now more and more people reporting that it works.

After resetting my modem and router several times, and loading up the FM4 marketplace every which way, I finally got it downloading from the 'new DLC' prompt that pops up after you boot up the game.

Top Bottom