• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

hobz360

Loving the 996 GT3 and the 997 GT3 RS in A Class!!

And as before, the CGT is pure sex!!! We need an Autovista for this car STAT!!!

Well I am all set up and I have come to a conclusion.............

IF YOU AINT ROCKING A PROJECTOR YOU ARE LIVING LIFE WRONG!

Good God its big and beautiful!

Driving games seem like you are in the car in cockpit mode.

FPS I see EVERYTHING, I see you behind the bush mother fucker!

Put in a Bluray........... FUUUCCCKKKKKK who needs the cinema.

And I didn't even spend that much for my setup.

Jamesways

No surprises as rumored with this pack. Kinda a shame.

That's really too bad. Guess everything's held back for future Forza's afterall.

soundscream- glad you're enjoying it. My buddy has a 110" screen and and HD projector, playing games on that is insane. And watching sports. But some food commercials verge almost on the gross side being that huge.

G Rom

Still won't work for me either. So frustrating to see the cars everywhere in the game but not being able to buy them... :-/

That's really too bad. Guess everything's held back for future Forza's afterall.

soundscream- glad you're enjoying it. My buddy has a 110" screen and and HD projector, playing games on that is insane. And watching sports. But some food commercials verge almost on the gross side being that huge.

7251176102_8f4a1e6d32_c.jpg

80" So Good

zorbsie

Today is the day! Hopefully by the time I get home all the wonky errors will be worked out. Have they listed the new events? Are they just Porsche only races?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Any of the cars in Autovista from this pack?

Nope. I pretty disappointed at the crappy autovista support by Turn 10. I was able to download the pack. So many online achivements, do care for those so much even though they shouldn't be too difficult some of them.

Mascot

Just finally able to download the Porsche Pack successfully (location: Technically Wales).
Sweet! Didn't realise the 20 new events show up on the career grid. I just thought they were Rivals events for some reason.
The Peter Egan intro was a nice touch, too.
Needs some grip tunes for these beasts STAT. I'm all over the place like a mad woman's piss at the moment. Had to turn Simulation Damage off for the time being..!

Ill be downloading these in 2 hours. Then ill spend all night tuning. These cars are going to be hard to tune perfectly (if RUF is any indication)

The_Monk

Even the Event List looks better now, but I just saw how many races I still have left.

Hope there's a lot of races I can use my Porsches, it was a little expensive for me as DLC but I believe it's worth it.

Hey, and what about a Free Porsche Theme for us, loyal Forza fans, uh?

Glad all the problems have been sorted out for VIP's, I decided against it myself as I've gone from 8million credits to just below 5 in the last week from spends. I may plump in future when I can build some more credits.

Just finally able to download the Porsche Pack successfully (location: Technically Wales

Where in 'Technically Wales' if you don't mind me asking, I'm in the North.

Mascot

Where in 'Technically Wales' if you don't mind me asking, I'm in the North.

Border patrol between Cardiff & Bristol. I man one of the machine gun nests.
;)

Seriously, what's the deal with all these two lap races in the new Porsche events? You've barely got time to get your tyres warm! Some 5+ lap events would have been more appropriate, surely?

Also, anyone spot the missing 'e' from 'the' in several event descriptions? Sloppy, Turn 10. Sloppy.

G Rom

That's not the worse, Mascot. Check the Carrera GT Vs. Enzo Ferrari event...

Anyway, first impressions after testing some of the cars :
- Carrera GT : I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed by the sound of this one. Dat active aero though !
- 962c : Holy shit, finally crazy fast on the old Le Mans circuit ! One of the best upgrade in term of modeling and sound as well !
- 911 Turbo (997) : Finally properly modeled ! I'm pretty sure you'll love the sound of this one Saladine !
- 911 GT2 (993) : I'm a sucker for OEM upgrades, it's just fantastic that Turn 10 added all those options.

Will be back with some photos and more impressions.

TJP

After watching it in FIA GT, the BES, and good chunks of last weekend's 24hr Nurburgring race, I decided to do one of the Speedhunters Team WRT Audi replica.

7249253380_d3d6c31fd7_b.jpg

7249253606_2108a33e78_b.jpg

7249254010_f9a4b997bf_b.jpg
Brilliant as always Jamesways! I need you to replicate these in C.A.R.S sometime soon.

Enjoying the Stuttgart DLC?

Cheers.

G Rom

Completely unrelated but I took it while waiting the pack...
forza433g5buz.jpg

forza4341wl12.jpg

And to put things into perspective :
25376_0_org.jpg

forza435cqgjp.jpg

Hard to think that this is on the same hardware ! :lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
1600 points is just too much for me to spend on this game, especially considering I've already spent over $100 on it. I'm going to hold out for a sale.

And to put things into perspective :
25376_0_org.jpg

forza435cqgjp.jpg

I knew I wasn't out of my mind when I thought that model had been completely redone. Seeing the 997 Turbo in FM4, and its like its emerged from an oddly-proportioned cocoon as a lovely, variable-geometry-turbined Teutonic butterfly...

Or something.

As for the pack itself, I'm just so very fucking glad Porsche is back in the game. A yawning chasm in FM4's car roster has been filled, and if said roster now isn't the best-ever in a racing game, it's really, really close as far as I'm concerned although I'll have to pour one out tonight for the Strassenversion.

I'm also a fan of the themed career events, odd spelling errors aside, and it's good to see more Rivals events with Porsche as it's by far my favorite part of the game. OEM upgrade kits are indeed awesome-- thanks for the shots, G Rom and H3rTz DoNuT!

Bit of a hiccup getting the pack out to everyone this morning, but I'd say it was well worth the wait. Just make sure Porsche is back for FM5, Turn 10; the game won't be complete without them.

Top Bottom