• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

witness

Downloaded when I got home from work, glad there were no issues for me with getting VIP pricing. Very easy.

So far I've bought the 3.3, which I was very glad to see that there were body kit options for it, the 944 just to have another C class vehicle, 911 SC (love a pure non turbo), and the legendary 959 which really feels like a superhero.

The game just feels "complete" now with Porsche in it. First race I did was with the 3.3 and having a full field of other Porsche's in it just brought a smile to my face as every lap went flying by.

jcutner

7253171540_615774dfd4_b.jpg

7250661862_43cdfd8718_b.jpg

love it!

That 911 Turbo FM2/4 comparison is INCREDIBLE. The difference between the two is staggering.

So now that I was finally able to nab the pack, I managed to recreate one of my liveries from FM3. I fixed the colors on the 911 Sport Classic. The default car's paint/stripes are way too dark compared to the real car, so I fixed it:

T10:
7253484084_74ca517d9f_c.jpg

Real:
7253490350_87d4baaf72_c.jpg

Mine:
7253485630_a3808e5ffb_c.jpg

Storefront is Union 360.

What track is that alpine ring tease from? I haven't received any updates so I can check tonight before downloading anything.

It's on the Alps track...

On the stand...
7253638022_6dc983ecd1_c.jpg

Before the bridge...
7253638454_3ee0123222_c.jpg

Was I the only one that had hopes for some nice upgrade for 9146? I was really hoping for something for the front, some cool rally like lights, something like on the picture below :(

5671032788_78cf46ff76_z.jpg

Scrum

Good to see all of you getting it now.

So now I don´t have to feel like a troll telling you that the sound of the GT2 RS is pure sex. Damn I´m in love with that car.

Mascot

I didn't realise just how much I've been missing Porsche until this pack came out. Seeing a full field of those fat-assed beauties stretched out before me just feels so... right somehow.

Edit: what's the word with that Alpine Ring Easter egg? Added with the Porsche Pack?

Holiest of holy fucks: track packs might just be a reality after all..!

jcutner

I didn't realise just how much I've been missing Porsche until this pack came out. Seeing a full field of those fat-assed beauties stretched out before me just feels so... right somehow.

Agreed so much, been doing random hot laps with various cars from the pack. I just love the way they feel, just so glued to the track - they handle so perfectly. Not to mention they look gorgeous too

Mascot

Was it there before or did it came with Porsche update? :D
I can't believe the total lack of interest in your thread about this over at .net, H3rTz. I thought it would create a massive buzz of conspiracy theories.
Maybe change the thread title to something along the lines of 'Alpine Ring graffiti on Alps track' or similar so that all the ADD twelve year olds have it spelt out for them? I missed it myself a few times..!
I couldn't reply or bump the thread as posts don't seem to work via iPhone.

Mascot

I don't have the Porsche DLC (or any DLC in fact, apart from launch stuff) and the logo is present:

XNoA0.jpg
So its been there from day one? Has this been spotted before then? I can't remember hearing anything about it. I would have thought the tinfoil hat wearers would be turning cartwheels.

BADNED

Press quotes regarding the Porsche Expansion:

“This is an excellent opportunity for Porsche to offer a virtual experience with our
sports cars in a very fitting environment – on race tracks around the world,” said Andre
Oosthuizen, Vice President of Marketing for Porsche Cars North America. “In
many ways, best-selling gaming titles like Forza Motorsport 4 generate enthusiasm
for products that often translate into a lifelong connection to the brand.”

“Turn 10 has been pleased and privileged to work with the fans of Forza within the
Porsche organization,” said Mike Humphreys, director of business development at
Turn 10 Studios. “We’re gratified about their enthusiasm for partnering with us to deliver
their storied marque to the many fans of racing games, Porsche and Forza Motorsport
4.”

“The emotion and realism of Forza 4 creates so much of that same challenge and
buzz I get out of putting a sportscar on the edge during my day job,” said Patrick
Long, Porsche Motorsport Factory Driver. “It’s also an excellent way to learn the
same tracks that we race in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and around the
world. In addition, it is really cool to share the experience with our fans while at the
same time driving one of my dream combinations of my favorite Porsche models on
my favorite racetracks around the world.”

Too bad no one dreams about running an RSR around Spa.

Not me, I'm going to take a C6.R.

Edit: beaten. Should have just posted the snark.

Snark aside, only took a few moments to buy a few favourites and put some bits on them; ended up playing Ghost Recon with my buddy while we ran tests on his dead RAM.

Soon.

I can't tell the difference... what did you do?

The paint/stripes of the car in the game is way too grey & dark by default (this was the case in Forza 3 as well) compared to the real-life car.

So I changed the paint and vinyls to make them more accurate. Though with Forza 4, when you go to paint the car, the vinyls are erased, so I had to recreate them. After that, it was a matter of adjusting the color to finding the closest match...what can I say, I am a perfectionist. :D

Shaneus

Ahhhh. Now you mention the subtleties... nice work!

On another note, I'm crushed to learn that I was completely mistaken, and the car (well, carS with particular livery) I thought was in the pack, well, isn't. The 911 GT3 RS with the red on white livery. Crushed :(

Mascot

So... It looks like the Alpine Ring graffiti has been there all along.
Everybody: 3/10 for observation.

I wonder if there are any more on other tracks..?

Oh yeah talking about decals being erased, is there anyway to retrieve them?

My son plastered my 908 and DBR9 with Force India decals for some reason, it looks awful and I want the originals back.

Oh yeah talking about decals being erased, is there anyway to retrieve them?

My son plastered my 908 and DBR9 with Force India decals for some reason, it looks awful and I want the originals back.

Just delete the paint job and it will restore the original liveries.

On another note, I'm crushed to learn that I was completely mistaken, and the car (well, carS with particular livery) I thought was in the pack, well, isn't. The 911 GT3 RS with the red on white livery. Crushed :(

Wait, what??

Shaneus

Just delete the paint job and it will restore the original liveries.

Wait, what??
Well, to be honest I'm not 100% all clued up about what decals are on what (so I could be completely wrong), but I couldn't find anything in-game (ie. not the auction house/storefront) that resembled something like this:
pRPON.jpg

or this:
zsEWw.jpg

(though I'm not as much of a fan of the latter, what with the GT3 branding on the front right quarter rather than along the sideskirts)

Plenty of orange and "white" (appears to be silver though) but no red :(

Edit: From what I can tell (and again, I'm not Porsche expert) but the red-on-white only (recently) appeared on the 2004 and 2010 GT3 RS models (though like I said, I'm not a massive fan of the 2010) and they're both the ones that *didn't* get RSed in this pack. Only real alternative is the '73 RS. The 2007 (as I said above) is only black/orange and black/green :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
re' alpine ring graffiti

seems like the alps are alpine ring reimagined more than a hint of anything to come.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, to be honest I'm not 100% all clued up about what decals are on what (so I could be completely wrong), but I couldn't find anything in-game (ie. not the auction house/storefront) that resembled something like this:
pRPON.jpg
Give it like a week(probably wont even take that long) and somebody will have created the livery you want.

Seanspeed

Banned
pardon my stupid, but what is the significance of this "graffiti"?

Alpine Ring was a track in Forza 1 that was cut from the series afterwards. People were thinking the graffiti was hinting at them bringing the track back, but like op ivy said, its probably just their way of pointing out this was their 'inspired-by-Alpine Ring' homage.

EDIT: Also, I think Alpine Ring was Turn 10's homage to Spa.

If only we could paint stock wheels! You could just paint the wheels red, put a red "Carrera" decal on the sides, and a similar rear wing at back.

So much for being excited about new track :D Well, maybe one day... the thing I know for sure is that we'll get at least 5 new tracks with Forza 5 :D

BADNED

But you know that such a colour option was not available for the 997 GT3 RS?

The 996 GT3 RS had such one but that model is not in FM4 nor was it in previous FM's.

The 996 GT3 RS had such one but that model is not in FM4 nor was it in previous FM's.

It also had a blue/white option that was awesome. It matched my favorite design of the original RS.

Badned, now that the Porsche excitement is done and over, what do we have next to speculate and salivate about? :p

The Stig

Alpine Ring was a track in Forza 1 that was cut from the series afterwards. People were thinking the graffiti was hinting at them bringing the track back, but like op ivy said, its probably just their way of pointing out this was their 'inspired-by-Alpine Ring' homage.

EDIT: Also, I think Alpine Ring was Turn 10's homage to Spa.

thanks for the comprehensive answer :)

The new tire model and simulation steering has done wonders for the Porsches in the game. To be honest in 3 they didn't handle as well as they should have.

BADNED

It also had a blue/white option that was awesome. It matched my favorite design of the original RS.

Badned, now that the Porsche excitement is done and over, what do we have next to speculate and salivate about? :p
Well there is an add-on in the works that might actually bring even more excitement with it then the previous ones. ATM a possible release is at 50%. Several parties are involved and if everything workes out as planned and all give the green light a release might not be that far away. It is possible but not guaranteed that you might hear something at E3.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Well there is an add-on in the works that might actually bring even more excitement with it then the previous ones. ATM a possible release is at 50%. Several parties are involved and if everything workes out as planned and all give the green light a release might not be that far away. It is possible but not guaranteed that you might hear something at E3.

Awwww yeaahhhhh. Tracks, Autovista and Top Gear please.

I still don't know how Shift 2 can have so many tracks (a lot great ones) and Forza can't. I'm not talking only about the track selection but about number of them as well. Shift 2 was just a second game in the franchise and yet can pleased so many people (still speaking about tracks).

I know it takes a lot of time to recreate a track, but all those cars are for nothing if you have to drive them everyday on the same set (not the biggest) of tracks.

If I remember correctly someone from T10 said that DLC tracks don't sell, well let me tell you this. If they would release the track that people really want and if they did it fairly early after lunch, where there are still lots of people playing the game then it would sell like crazy.

I don't even want to bring GT5 in here but people wanted SPA, they got SPA, people wanted Bathurst, PD is working on Bathurst for the next game (and probably more tracks as well).

The key to everything is to give people what they want and what they looking for and not using it as a selling point for the next game. It might work for the short time but at some point people will get tired of being used and will go somewhere else, somewhere where they're are being listened.

Even if T10 would release SPA or Bathurst now they won't sell super good. The reason? Not too many people playing the game now, and if they won't sell then T10 will say again that DLC tracks don't sell.

I think the key to the tracks is to have them as many as possible at the lunch, even as a DLC, but it has to be when the gamers traffic is at the peak and not when everything is going slow.

I really doubt that we gonna get any DLC tracks, even one would be awesome to have, but I really don't see it happening. At best we get a few new tracks for the next game, probably none of which we want, maybe some missing will return and some will be gone again, that's it.

I think it would be best for everyone not to release FM5 for 360. T10 take your time, make a lot of content, make a lot of new tracks, bring up to date outdated ones and fix the broken ones. Prepare more cars for Autovista (if it's gonna stay), build a better world tour mode, add more variety to it. Make the races longer (more laps), the championships bigger, with the qualifying, add some endurance races, 24 hour races. Put some more life into the tracks and give as better racing atmosphere, let us feel that we are at the racing track and we are gonna race big.

If you not going for real time change, make sure that every or at least most of the tracks offer different time settings. Add night racing or weather, at least one of them, you can leave one for the next game. Take your time and build ultimate Forza Motorsport game, build it and you not gonna have to worry about anything, cause when you do it, everyone will want to have it. From that point, every another Forza game would be only bigger and better, more ultimate and people wouldn't hesitate to get it, cause you gave them the ultimate racing game, the game they wanted and they were asking for. You make the players feel like they're being listened, you make them happy and happy people like to spend money, for things that made them happy.

Well, at least that's how I fell about it :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

oh hell yeah. THIS i can get excited about (assuming its more than just "more cars!")

I think the key to the tracks is to have them as many as possible at the lunch, even as a DLC, but it has to be when the gamers traffic is at the peak and not when everything is going slow.

agree. i'd also add that DLC tracks need to come in packs, maybe with very valued cars as well - to incentivise more people to actually get them. a perfect opportunity would have been this latest porsche pack. if there was a track with it, i easily would have bought it, even at a slightly higher price. and single player career inclusion is a must

Well I am paying the price this morning for playing Forza for 6 hours last night. The Porsche pack is nothing short of amazing. I was racing the Porsche specific races online last night, and it was a blast.

Well I am paying the price this morning for playing Forza for 6 hours last night. The Porsche pack is nothing short of amazing. I was racing the Porsche specific races online last night, and it was a blast.

Same here, I'm just dying at work right now. I drink coffee after coffee with some Monsters in between just to stay awake for 6 more hours lol

G Rom

I still don't know how Shift 2 can have so many tracks (a lot great ones) and Forza can't. I'm not talking only about the track selection but about number of them as well. Shift 2 was just a second game in the franchise and yet can pleased so many people (still speaking about tracks).

I know it takes a lot of time to recreate a track, but all those cars are for nothing if you have to drive them everyday on the same set (not the biggest) of tracks.

If I remember correctly someone from T10 said that DLC tracks don't sell, well let me tell you this. If they would release the track that people really want and if they did it fairly early after lunch, where there are still lots of people playing the game then it would sell like crazy.

I don't even want to bring GT5 in here but people wanted SPA, they got SPA, people wanted Bathurst, PD is working on Bathurst for the next game (and probably more tracks as well).

The key to everything is to give people what they want and what they looking for and not using it as a selling point for the next game. It might work for the short time but at some point people will get tired of being used and will go somewhere else, somewhere where they're are being listened.

Even if T10 would release SPA or Bathurst now they won't sell super good. The reason? Not too many people playing the game now, and if they won't sell then T10 will say again that DLC tracks don't sell.

I really doubt that we gonna get any DLC tracks, even one would be awesome to have, but I really don't see it happening. At best we get again a few new tracks for the next game, probably none of which we want, maybe some missing will return and that's it.

I think it would be best for everyone not to release FM5 for 360. T10 take your time, make a lot of content, make a lot of new tracks, bring up to date outdated ones and fix the broken ones. Prepare more cars for Autovista (if it's gonna stay), build a better world tour mode, add more variety to it. Make the races longer (more laps), the championships bigger, with the qualifying, add some endurance races, 24 hour races. Put some more life into the tracks and give as better racing atmosphere, let us feel that we are at the racing track and we are gonna race big.

If you not going for real time change, make sure that every or at least most of the tracks offer different time settings. Add night racing or weather, at least one of them, you can leave one for the next game. Take your time and build ultimate Forza Motorsport game, build it and you not gonna have to worry about anything, cause when you do it everyone will want to have it. From that point every another Forza game would be only bigger and better, more ultimate and people won't hesitate to get it, cause you gave them the ultimate racing game, the game they wanted and they were asking for.

Well, at least that's how I fell about it :)

You can't compare SHIFT tracks to FM's ones to be honest. They're worse than FM in term of accuracy (way too wide IMO).
Also, SHIFT 2 might be the second SHIFT game but it wasn't SMS' first game and they reused a lot of assets from their previous game. That's also why TD: Ferrari will have many great tracks.

I agree on the whole track DLC debate though. IMO we've yet to see a proper track DLC for FM. It should be more than slapping a new track in the roster. It needs to be fully integrated in the career. Also, now with rivals, tracks could be put to even better use.

I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if FM5 was made for the Xbox 360. Even though I sometime wonder how Turn 10 managed to make FM4 what it is with the Xbox 360 hardware, it's pretty clear that they don't have much room left for improvements without changing the hardware.

BADNED

Keep in mind that SMS has a huge backlog of tracks from their past when they were Blimey. It is less time consuming updating existing data then creating anew from scratch.

Top Bottom