• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

There's some speculation about the Aston Martin Cygnet being in the pack.

Carlos Sainz is a new clue. Of course everyone is speculating that it is about a Celica, either the ST165 or the ST185 (both were in the Forzalopnik surveys).

A very successful V8 powered race car is another clue. I'd kill for the Mercedes Sauber C9 or another Group C car to be the answer to this one ! :eek:
I guess the Corvette GT2 could be right too but IIRC, BADNED said that we wouldn't get it due to technical stuff.

Edit : Beaten on the new clues.
God damnit, it had better be the ST165. So much better looking than the ST185. Still my (modest) dream car.

Does anybody know if there is a way to find out which tracks you have not raced on?

There are spreadsheets compiled around the place of all the tracks that you simply tick-off when raced on, or you could start one of your own.
That's what I've been doing, although I have given up trying to get that particular cheevo just for now.

Does the community gallery still exist on FM.net?

I love this little pocket rocket. Loves sliding around and going flat stick into corners.
Best fun little car in the game IMO.
(oh, and DAT bodyroll!)

7312038136_ac2c8d69e7_c.jpg

7312171252_56528fab24_c.jpg

7312171496_f535a6e991_c.jpg

7312361854_a7a83f0d4b_c.jpg

My settings for Maple:
XAnsX.jpg

Mascot

Is Brian Ekberg still the T10 community manager? I follow him on Twitter as an early source of Forza-related news, but almost all of his tweets are just unrelated garbage.

Is he still conspicuous by his total absence on the .net forums? I find it hard to visit that site any more as half of the posts seem written by the same illiterate 12-year-old, and the other half written by know-it-all types with holier-than-thou attitudes and overbearing senses of self importance.

Has anyone tried using the 'cloud backup option' for FM4.

I'm scared of losing my save game and design/vinyl group files, but I have only just discovered this option now, and want to use it.

Is it messy?

Xanadu

Banned
Is Brian Ekberg still the T10 community manager? I follow him on Twitter as an early source of Forza-related news, but almost all of his tweets are just unrelated garbage.

Is he still conspicuous by his total absence on the .net forums? I find it hard to visit that site any more as half of the posts seem written by the same illiterate 12-year-old, and the other half written by know-it-all types with holier-than-thou attitudes and overbearing senses of self importance.

he is useless lol

and yea .net forums are terrible

BADNED

The man is alot on tour with the content guys and other stuff. He just recently visited Playground Games for some future FH coverage and is now preparing for LA. More from him soon.

saladine1

Hey B, are the planets still aligned for something FM related at E3 or have they missed their course?

BADNED said:
It is a bit strange that you guys come up with the C9 or C6.R for the V8 racer. Sure its possible but why no others, I mean there are so many. How about a Alfa T33/3 or Brock's LX Torana or GT40 MKIV just to name three?

Wait...what?????
Holy fucking shit man, if this is in i'm going to go fucking nuts!!!!!!!!!!

image.php

The man, the legend

S5ARh.jpg

Marco1

I have always wanted a Euro hot hatch pack so much.
The renault 5 GT turbo MK2, clio williams, Ford fiesta turbo, Peugeot 205 GTi, etc.

Shaneus

Hey B, are the planets still aligned for something FM related at E3 or have they missed their course?

Wait...what?????
Holy fucking shit man, if this is in i'm going to go fucking nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Still, too many Holdens (compared to Australian Fords). Woefully under-represented in the FM series. We've had, what... the two Supercars and the XB? So many more classics. XY, XC Cobra, BA/BF GTs (and XR series)... would be amazing to have them in.

saladine1

Still, too many Holdens (compared to Australian Fords). Woefully under-represented in the FM series. We've had, what... the two Supercars and the XB? So many more classics. XY, XC Cobra, BA/BF GTs (and XR series)... would be amazing to have them in.

Because everyone knows Holden is better than Ford :)

Holden has had more victories at Bathurst than anyone else. As such, an A9X Holden Torana and Mount Panorama DLC would be fitting... ha!

Although, I would kill for an XY GTHO Falcon GT

G Rom

The man is alot on tour with the content guys and other stuff. He just recently visited Playground Games for some future FH coverage and is now preparing for LA. More from him soon.

Hopefully this is a world tour which includes the ascension of a mount to get a nice panorama, going back to an hell made of green, waiting at a bus-stop while drinking some red water, going back to a nice place to eat some rillettes, buying some French mustard, staying in the lovely English town that is Swanley among other things... If you know what I mean...

Shaneus

Because everyone knows Holden is better than Ford :)

Holden has had more victories at Bathurst than anyone else. As such, an A9X Holden Torana and Mount Panorama DLC would be fitting... ha!

Although, I would kill for an XY GTHO Falcon GT
Everyone would! IMO there are cars that are somewhat similar to the A9X already (well, not THAT similar, but maybe you know what I mean) but there really is nothing like this:
GT-HO-Phase3-b.jpg

If T10 could get that shaker independent of the hood... oh man, would be epic.

Fastest four-door production car in the world, my friend. Not many Holdens can lay that claim.

Mascot

Peugeot 205 GTi
I've just this second returned from seeing a mate's new toy, a 1992 1.9 GTI which he just bought from the original lady owner, 42k miles, mint condition. He stole it off her for £1,500. I think they fetch around £5k on Pistonheads.

What a brilliant little car.

(He also owns a Caterham, the bastard)

Does anyone use the Kinect head tracking feature? Any review to share?

I'm thinking about getting one, but I notice that I pretty much only move my eyes when driving, so if it requires large motions of the head I don't know if it'd be useful.

Borrow one first if you can, the head tracking was sloppy on my setup.

It's possibly to fine tune it but I never got it working properly.

If you are using a monitor/small TV or are loaded, try a triple screen setup, now they are awesome.

I'm thinking about getting one, but I notice that I pretty much only move my eyes when driving, so if it requires large motions of the head I don't know if it'd be useful.

I have a Kinect and have used the head tracking. As long as you take the time to actually set it up and tune the settings it works really well. I don't use it all the time, mainly because it is a little hard to get used to. In a car it is different because of how much you can see and with the tv it just feels a little "odd." It works brilliantly, it just takes me a while to really get used to it. The best thing about Kinect are the voice shortcuts. Being able to instantly get pretty much anywhere in the game with voice commands is really nice. No backing thru menus and all that, you can just straight to almost any part of the game.

And I am really surprised by T10 taking so long to announce this DLC. Usually they are giving away codes already and we don't even know the list yet. Just seems a little odd that they are playing this one so close to the chest.

Unless there was some weird embargo thing that was lifted June 1st? Maybe some exclusive deal on a car expired/started today? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

guest1321

I've tried it and it really was a huge let down. Definitely a cool feature, but not something for racing all the time. The turning of the head isn't so bad if you are 7-8 ft away from the TV and it actually works okay with looking where you need to. The problem with it all though is that it is really laggy. So you turn your head towards the apex and a half second later the view flies across and you are looking at the apex. Then you exit the turn and you are still looking off the side. So the technology is really neat, but it is not smooth enough to be practical for racing all time with it. I did mess around with the settings too and changed my position relative to the sensor to see if it would improve and my story from above is the best case scenario of adjusting these variables. I'd say hold off for FM5 and Kinnect 2. I'd say it is more gimmicky at this point than anything. If you try it out a friends house first I'm confident you will change your mind.

Mascot

I just suddenly realised what my most wanted feature for FM5 is: the ability to set the number of laps in single-player career races.

These silly 2-lap races in the Porsche events are REALLY starting to piss me off. Why can't I easily convert them to 10-lappers if I want to? I'd get a hell of a lot more out of the game this way.

It's, what, a couple of lines of code with absolutely NO downside that I can think of.

LostVector

Neo Member
Kind of a detailed questions but with the Boxster and Cayman on Laguna Seca, under hard braking into turn 2 after the fast run through turn 1, both of these cars violently oversteer unless I am pointed absolutely straight. Is anyone else seeing this? These cars can't possibly behave this way in real life.

I just suddenly realised what my most wanted feature for FM5 is: the ability to set the number of laps in single-player career races.

These silly 2-lap races in the Porsche events are REALLY starting to piss me off. Why can't I easily convert them to 10-lappers if I want to? I'd get a hell of a lot more out of the game this way.

It's, what, a couple of lines of code with absolutely NO downside that I can think of.

Agreed. It's the same silly restrictions as in the free play quick races, where you can't set the number of laps or the AI difficulty. Such small things that would increase my enjoyment immensely.

G Rom

They just said the WIR (in which the DLC list will be revealed) has been pushed back a couple of hour and that it's out of their control. It really seems like there's a car needing some approval or a special treatment in the pack. Wonder what it is.

They just said the WIR (in which the DLC list will be revealed) has been pushed back a couple of hour and that it's out of their control. It really seems like there's a car needing some approval or a special treatment in the pack. Wonder what it is.

That's been what I am wondering. Since this is the first of the month (and halfway into the year), I am curious if there was some kind of exclusivity deal going on.

Wonder if it's a Porsche/Ruf thing...

Australia?
It sucks ass. If you search for your GT in "Browse Photos" you can see your shots, but when I go to my storefront and "Photos", it just dies.
Stupid crap.

Yeah, Australia. Haha.
Some nights a miracle happens and you can get in there and delete everything easily, but 90% of the time it just dies and boots me back to the main menu. Ridiculously frustrating.

Wish they'd give you the option to manage Photos on the website, as it loads perfectly.

Yeah, Australia. Haha.
Some nights a miracle happens and you can get in there and delete everything easily, but 90% of the time it just dies and boots me back to the main menu. Ridiculously frustrating.

Wish they'd give you the option to manage Photos on the website, as it loads perfectly.

Yeah, I'm in Adelaide, and it's happening to me the majority of the time.
Sucks, I wanna take more photos :-(

When will the DLC (A9X and Bathurst :)) reveal be hitting?

Hey Gaf, here is the trailer for the Meguiar's DLC car pack which comes out on Tuesday!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JggzNfbkPWQ

2011 Chevrolet #4 Corvette Racing ZR1
1959 BMW 507
1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
2011 Aston Martin Cygnet
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series
1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185
1963 Volkswagen Beetle

This pleases me greatly.

Jesus!! I don't think there is a car I don't love in this thing!

Gonna take that Yellowbird around the Ring the INSTANT this thing drops! Gonna get multiple camera angles and all that shit!

Seriously, SO many incredible cars!

I'm excited by everything but the Aston Smart Car.

Same here. They've been absolutely killing it with FM4 car DLC, and this pack is right near the top, largely on the strength of the C6.R 'Vette. The ALMS GT field is now complete.

Tuesday is too far away. Whose ass do I have to kiss to get an early code?

SarBear

Week in Review 6-1-2012

In case you need reminding, be sure you are here on FM.net on Monday and all next week as we unveil Forza Horizon to the world! You can also join us on our official Facebook page and our official Twitter feed to follow all the action. And, of course, you can join in on the Forza Horizon discussion by heading over to our official Forza Horizon forum and let your voice be heard!

Next week promises to be a momentous one for Forza fans, so rest up this weekend and prepare for the flood of E3 awesomeness!

I'm reading this as two completely separate events, correct? Meaning there's possibly news about Forza Horizon AS WELL as additional news regarding Forza 4?!

I'm reading this as two completely separate events, correct? Meaning there's possibly news about Forza Horizon AS WELL as additional news regarding Forza 4?!

Eh, it could be read either way.

Forza Horizon is my most (anxiously?) anticipated game of the show, but some additional
track
love for FM4 would be nice.

Top Bottom