• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

It's been a while since I played forza but I was reading the email about the Porsche pack, I did not realize it was 30 cars and 250 gamerpoints with 20 new events, I thought it was just 8 or so porches for 560 point, of course I then see the big pack is 1600!

Personally I will wait for a forza 4 ultimate/complete edition, it works out to be a lot better and I still have a lot of forza 4 vanilla to finish up. I did this for forza 3 and tbh it felt better for me.

*edit* the xbox.com description says VIP members can buy it cheaper in-game, what is the discounted price?

*edit2* 1200 MSP for vip, thats not so bad.

G Rom

Heh, that's a nice little coup for MS and Forza. Good to see the series getting a bit more exposure on the biggest stage in motorsports.

Test Day this weekend, and then only two weeks until the race itself. Can't see any outcome other than Audi absolutely walking away with it. Business as usual, in other words.

Yeah, I doubt this year will be interesting and most certainly won't top the amazing finish from last year. I look forward to the DeltaWing racing as I still can't get how this thing can be good in corners. Pescarolo finally returning will be great as well.
2014 will be when things should get interesting though, with all the manufacturers in LMP1, hopefully Peugeot come back as well, as it was rumored when they announced their withdrawal.
We should have at least Audi, Porsche and Toyota as official teams. Hopefully more will follow, maybe Acura for example. I know it will probably never happen but Ford and/or Ferrari coming back at Le Mans (in LMP1) would be seriously awesome.

Yeah, I doubt this year will be interesting and most certainly won't top the amazing finish from last year. I look forward to the DeltaWing racing as I still can't get how this thing can be good in corners. Pescarolo finally returning will be great as well.
2014 will be when things should get interesting though, with all the manufacturers in LMP1, hopefully Peugeot come back as well, as it was rumored when they announced their withdrawal.
We should have at least Audi, Porsche and Toyota as official teams. Hopefully more will follow, maybe Acura for example. I know it will probably never happen but Ford and/or Ferrari coming back at Le Mans (in LMP1) would be seriously awesome.

2014 will be epic, no doubt. The return of Porsche in the top class alone is an event; everything else is gravy.

I think Toyota will be lucky just to finish at Le Mans, given the lack of actual racing they've done this year. To their credit, they're keeping expectations reasonably in check. With Sarrazin joining the squad recently, that makes, what, three ex-factory Peugeot drivers they have on board?

The DeltaWing will be a spectacle, that much is certain. It will be fascinating to see how it gets along with the other P2s. The front tires especially are so unbelievably tiny that it boggles the mind. I know they have the physics on their side, but intuitively it just looks wrong, particularly with the P1 and P2s running those huge rear tires up front these days.

As for Ferrari, yes, they need to quit floundering in F1 mediocrity and get the fuck back to La Sarthe for some proper racing. I kid, I kid-- it's good to see their fortunes starting to improve, but a Ferrari prototype at Le Mans would be simply sensational. If only...

saladine1

Seems like Greenawalt's dreams of grandeur are slowly coming together.

So Meguiar's is the sponsor for the next DLC?
Hopefully it means some classic cars

MG MGA
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
BMW 507
Zastava Koral Yugo 45..wait what?

amar212

That is the DLC I would instantly buy :D

I am amazed you are even aware of the existence of that fine masterpiece of craftsmanship of the automotive industry of late Yugoslavia :D

And even the original Koral 45 is legendary car - it still drives around ex-Yugoslav countries with no problems, even kids can fix it (original series for Yugoslav market had better quality than ones assembled for American market) - there is one model of Yugo that deserves the status in motorsport games: Yugo GVX.

It was the wet dream of one whole generation of young drivers at the very end of 80's. 61HP. 835 kg. The True Beast™.

The "Custom ground effect package" (just different plastic covers for sides than ordinary model) and "Tear up the road" parts always makes me burst of laughing :D But when fitted with KN filter and some basic muffler, it was a great sounding cascet on wheels :)))

G Rom

Seems like Greenawalt's dreams of grandeur are slowly coming together.

So Meguiar's is the sponsor for the next DLC?
Hopefully it means some classic cars

MG MGA
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
BMW 507

Well you might be on to something.
Clues about the cars from the pack are being dropped over at FM.net.
So far the clues have lead to this :
- CTR "YellowBird"
- An air cooled VW
- A Pre-WWII non open wheel car (some think it's a 1934 Ford)
- A car owned by Elvis and with less than 200 produced (BMW 507 or 1962 Ford Thunderbird)

If all of this is even remotely close to the truth, this is shaping up to be a great DLC pack and we don't even know the whole pack yet !
BTW, a pre-WWII car would mean that the oldest car FM record would finally be shattered. Currently, the oldest car is the 1954 300SL (I'm not counting the AV-only Bentley of course...).

- CTR "YellowBird"
- An air cooled VW
- A car owned by Elvis and with less than 200 produced (BMW 507 or 1962 Ford Thunderbird)

If all of this is even remotely close to the truth, this is shaping up to be a great DLC pack and we don't even know the whole pack yet !
BTW, a pre-WWII car would mean that the oldest car FM record would finally be shattered. Currently, the oldest car is the 1954 300SL (I'm not counting the AV-only Bentley of course...).

Any chance that pre-war car could be the Bugatti 57sc, aka, the most gorgeous car of all time?

1933-bugatti-57sc-atlanti-7_1600x0w.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
None of the Scud Race liveries I've seen on the storefront are good enough for my liking. They don't look right.

I did find a perfect Need for Speed Most Wanted livery for my M3 GTR, though.

saladine1

- CTR "YellowBird"
- An air cooled VW

Wow, can't wait if true.
June DLC car pack AND possible E3 SpaHurst track reveal..?

Anyway, just trying to compare sounds between PGR 4 and FM4. While FM4's engine and exhaust notes are far better than PGR's, the turbo spooling, BOV implementation and straight cut gear whine are absolutely top notch in PGR 4. I keep saying how FM needs the straight cut gear whine from NFS SHIFT but fuck that, PGR 4's is amazing!

BearChair

Hope it turns out to be the classic Beetle and not the Karmann Ghia. It would be fantastic for spec racing. Citroen 2CV would be equally great for that.

eso76

What the fucking FUCK?
Why are you even being like that?
What have I ever done to you?

The Ghia is beautiful, but i'd rather have the original beetle.
Of course i should be able to race it agasint the original Citroen DS or the old Fiat 500 though

G Rom

The Ghia is beautiful, but i'd rather have the original beetle.
Of course i should be able to race it agasint the original Citroen DS or the old Fiat 500 though

Against the Citroën DS ? The Beetle and 500 are closer to the 2CV in size.
Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see the DS added. Heck, just give me more french cars, the current roster is seriously lacking.
*wish list incoming*
Citroën : 2CV, DS, BX 4TC, CX GTI, ZX, AX GTI, Saxo VTS, DS3R, DS4R, DS5
Peugeot : 205 T16 and/or GTI, 205 T16 Group B (since we got the S1, why not), 205 T16 Pikes Peak, 406 Coupé, BTCC or DTM 406, 405 T16, 405 T16 Pikes Peak, 206 GT (homologation car for the 206 WRC), 206 WRC, 307 WRC, 908 concept, etc...
Renault : 4L, R5, R8 Gordini, Clio Williams, Fuego, Safrane Biturbo, Mégane II R26R, Espace F1, 1984 Espace, BTCC Laguna, Spider, etc...
Alpine : A110, A310, A610, A442B
Matra : MS670
Méga : Track, Monte Carlo

Of course that's just a small amount of manufacturers, there's also SIMCA, Talbot, Delahaye, Venturi, etc...

Xanadu

Banned
Against the Citroën DS ? The Beetle and 500 are closer to the 2CV in size.
Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see the DS added. Heck, just give me more french cars, the current roster is seriously lacking.
*wish list incoming*
Citroën : 2CV, DS, BX 4TC, CX GTI, ZX, AX GTI, Saxo VTS, DS3R, DS4R, DS5
Peugeot : 205 T16 and/or GTI, 205 T16 Group B (since we got the S1, why not), 205 T16 Pikes Peak, 406 Coupé, BTCC or DTM 406, 405 T16, 405 T16 Pikes Peak, 206 GT (homologation car for the 206 WRC), 206 WRC, 307 WRC, 908 concept, etc...
Renault : 4L, R5, R8 Gordini, Clio Williams, Fuego, Safrane Biturbo, Mégane II R26R, Espace F1, 1984 Espace, BTCC Laguna, Spider, etc...
Alpine : A110, A310, A610, A442B
Matra : MS670
Méga : Track, Monte Carlo

Of course that's just a small amount of manufacturers, there's also SIMCA, Talbot, Delahaye, Venturi, etc...

add peugeot 106 gti and rallye to that

johniwanna (Turn 10 Staff) said:
Hello Forza DLC Fans,

Speculation, logical deduction, clue processing, this is way more fun than just publishing my article. No, I'm not torturing you deliberately. Hopefully we will be making the Meguiar;s June DLC Car Pack public soon.

Until then, I will confirm you now have three cars correct out of a total of five cars with clues out there. One you think you have is still wrong, but closer.

Here is a clue about car number six. Carlos Sainz.

A free confirmation for you on another car's type. One of the cars I have not discussed at all is a race car. A very successful race car. A very successful race car with a V8.

That gives you potentially seven cars to list correctly.

John

A very successful race car with a V8.

Is it?

Could it be?

Do I dare to believe?

UgIcNl.jpg

G Rom

There's some speculation about the Aston Martin Cygnet being in the pack.

Carlos Sainz is a new clue. Of course everyone is speculating that it is about a Celica, either the ST165 or the ST185 (both were in the Forzalopnik surveys).

A very successful V8 powered race car is another clue. I'd kill for the Mercedes Sauber C9 or another Group C car to be the answer to this one ! :eek:
I guess the Corvette GT2 could be right too but IIRC, BADNED said that we wouldn't get it due to technical stuff.

Edit : Beaten on the new clues.

BADNED

There's some speculation about the Aston Martin Cygnet being in the pack.

Carlos Sainz is a new clue. Of course everyone is speculating that it is about a Celica, either the ST165 or the ST185 (both were in the Forzalopnik surveys).

A very successful V8 powered race car is another clue. I'd kill for the Mercedes Sauber C9 or another Group C car to be the answer to this one ! :eek:
I guess the Corvette GT2 could be right too but IIRC, BADNED said that we wouldn't get it due to technical stuff.

Edit : Beaten on the new clues.
Well that was a while ago but the question was why it was not released yet and my answer back then was that there was an error with it. That was all.

Edit: Beaten by the almighty BADNED. His signature at FC does feature a Sauber C9, though. :O

The C9 would of course be fantastic, and ordinarily I'd take a Group C over just about anything, but the ALMS GT field is simply too close to being complete. Particularly now with the return of the Flying Lizard and Team Falken RSRs, the absence of the C6.R, one of, if not the premier ALMS competitors is even more glaring.

G Rom

Thanks for the clarification BADNED.

Edit: Beaten by the almighty BADNED himself.

The Sauber C9 would of course be fantastic, and ordinarily I'd take a Group C over just about anything, but the ALMS GT field is simply too close to being complete. Particularly now with the return of the Flying Lizard and Team Falken RSRs, the absence of the C6.R, one of, if not the premier ALMS competitors is even more glaring.

Indeed, if it's the Corvette, then we would have the complete 2011 ALMS GT field (not counting duplicates).

I am surprised we haven't had any reveals yet considering the pack hits on Tuesday! Hopefully they will reveal them all tomorrow so we will have all weekend to argue about which ones you guys hate.

SarBear

I am surprised we haven't had any reveals yet considering the pack hits on Tuesday! Hopefully they will reveal them all tomorrow so we will have all weekend to argue about which ones you guys hate.

Probably the entire pack unless it involves a MUSTANG, the C6.R, or another Porsche. Seriously, Forza should only contain Porsche models (NOT the Boxster), all MUSTANGS ever created, a few Corvettes, the 360 Modena, 550 Maranello, 599 GTB, 430 Scuderia, and the Zonda R. That's all I need.

Edit: Beaten by the almighty BADNED. His signature at FC does feature a Sauber C9, though. :O

The C9 would of course be fantastic, and ordinarily I'd take a Group C over just about anything, but the ALMS GT field is simply too close to being complete. Particularly now with the return of the Flying Lizard and Team Falken RSRs, the absence of the C6.R, one of, if not the premier ALMS competitors is even more glaring.

DO WANT. Probably one of my favourite cars from GT, so I'd love to see it in Forza 4, especially with the interior cam.

I hope that turn10 fix that sound popping bug in forza 5, so damn annoying to revisit this game and having fun to only hear annoying popping sounds on my earphones, it's not as loud as forza 3's but it's way more often like running on curbs and over grass where multiple sound effects clash together.

Was finally able to remove my Photos from the gallery, so I'll be back to taking Porsche photos again.

Own all of the Porsches now and buying the odd duplicate to paint in a different livery from the Storefront. Already some incredibly detailed, genuine liveries up!

Top Bottom