• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

I want it to be race focused, but the shitty little off-the-wall cars have a big place: the majority of track racing around the world is done with race prepped shitty little cars!

For events that aren't ostensibly track day events for street cars, the magic AI cars should all be race prepped as part of their magical upgrades.

The M3 isn't THAT bad!

saladine1

i actually think its moved away from GT and become more mainstream, i wish it was a little bit more like GT, like forza 1

yes but when they add hummers and jeeps is when it gets stupid

How about the guy who absolutely loves Hummers but can't buy one in real life and would like to at least drive one in the virtual world?
How about the guy who has no interest in racing competitively but would just like to customize and drive around Laguna Seca in his beloved Jeep?

Look, I don't intend on using a Hummer or Jeep in any seriousness, but there are plenty of other people who might.

Having a bit of a blast with the tail-happy Charger SRT-8!

7294474602_084d710a06_c.jpg

7294347710_e7521419cf_c.jpg

7294347258_b0970cbc72_c.jpg

EDIT:
Stuffing around with my mates Fake A9X Torana... :-D

7294562020_5ddb83b5a6_z.jpg

7294561780_be82dce33d_z.jpg

Xanadu

Banned
How about the guy who absolutely loves Hummers but can't buy one in real life and would like to at least drive one in the virtual world?
How about the guy who has no interest in racing competitively but would just like to customize and drive around Laguna Seca in his beloved Jeep?

Look, I don't intend on using a Hummer or Jeep in any seriousness, but there are plenty of other people who might.

that guy can go play test drive unlimited or some other game with jeeps in it, forza is meant to be a motorsport game

guest1321

Okay, I'm officially in love with Porsche. I mean, I liked them before, but wow, I fucking love them now man. A couple of my favorites so far:
- 959 ; How could I not like it?
- '95 911 gt2 ; it is a little rocket that sticks surprisingly well. Great A class car
- sport classic ; it's sexy, and reminds me of days of getting a ride to school in a Porsche.
- cayman ; was thoroughly taken aback by it. With only suspension, brakes, tires, and weight reduction, the cayman is honestly a large go-kart. So much fun to drive

I know I am in the minority, but there is probably not a single car I don't want in Forza. I love cars, that is all. I know a lot of the cars aren't made for racing, but modifying cars and driving them in ways you would never have a chance is a lot of fun. Sure people think the Omni is a shitbox, but it is a great little car that is a completely blast to drive.

I dunno, maybe I am the odd one but I just love cars and everything about them...

G Rom

Yeah and Forza Horizon is a game about landscapes, Xanadu... :p
I think having both type of cars (normal and race) is great. What isn't is the poor use of said cars.
I've already said it numerous time, Forza has an amazingly wide variety of cars but Turn 10 don't use them properly. I mean, they have the V8 Supercars and ALMS licenses, yet those names are nowhere to be seen in career !
I'm also sick of how unrealistic the career events are. I've never heard of an A Class Championship in real life... Create proper championship/cup names, use the brands similar to how they're used for DLC names, etc...
The track days event are a great idea but again use them properly, passing a number of car isn't interesting, give us a target time that we have to beat like in the rivals mode. Also, cars in traffic shouldn't only be shitboxes, you should be overtaken by faster cars, struggling to pass a terrible driver, etc...
I have many more ideas for career events, IMO, improving the career is "only" a matter of using everything they have at their disposal but properly and realistically.
Of course, it goes without saying that a true track atmosphere is seriously needed to make things more realistic in the first place.

BTW, Microsoft announced the Racing bundle :
7269632422_ed815b2191_m.jpg

It's the first time Forza 4 has been bundled with the Xbox 360.

Edit : For new page
forzagaf-assemble1zzej.png

You think you have great ideas for the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise ? You want these to be sent to Turn 10 alongside other great ideas coming from fellow ForzaGAFers ?
Then just follow those simple steps:

1) Put your ideas down in a text file.
Now, to make my work simpler, I've decided to create categories in which you'll put your ideas. If I see many ideas about something that I've missed, I'll create a new category in the final list. I've put some example to show you what goes where :

- Content addition
e.g. : Spahurst, open wheeler
- Tuning & Upgrades
e.g : individual tire pressure, more realistic turbo lag,
- Graphics improvements
e.g : AO and self-shadowing in cockpit, anisotropic filtering
- Sound improvements
e.g : sound affected by upgrades
- Gameplay additions
e.g : new track surfaces
- Career improvements
e.g : test driving cars before buying a car
- Painting improvements
e.g : different types of paints on the same car, new shapes
- Photo mode improvements
e.g : full god mode
- Online/Multiplayer/Club improvements
e.g : ability to delete photos from FM.net, ability to create own rivals mode
- Miscellaneous/Other
e.g : paint names, basically anything that you don't see fitting in any of the other categories

Don't feel restricted by the categories though, go wild !
And if your idea needs some explanation then feel free to add some text (try to keep it relatively short though).
Feel free to give names of games that already implement a potential improvement and/or to link to screenshots/photos showing the idea.

2) When you're done, send me the file by email (DON'T FORGET TO AT LEAST PUT YOUR NEOGAF NAME)

That's it. After that, I'll compile your file with the other ones. That way, I can remove duplicated ideas and instead credit multiple people on a single identical idea (e.g : Adding Spahurst - Suggested by Mc Kane, Saladine, all Forza players)

Email adress (quote to reveal) :
Please do not share this email with someone who's not from NeoGAF as we really want this to be made only with ForzaGAF's contributions. You can promote it in other threads where you think missing ForzaGAF members hang though.

You have until the end of the month to send me your files.

Jamesways

Yeah and Forza Horizon is a game about landscapes, Xanadu... :p
I think having both type of cars (normal and race) is great. What isn't is the poor use of said cars.
I've already said it numerous time, Forza has an amazingly wide variety of cars but Turn 10 don't use them properly. I mean, they have the V8 Supercars and ALMS licenses, yet those names are nowhere to be seen in career !
I'm also sick of how unrealistic the career events are. I've never heard of an A Class Championship in real life... Create proper championship/cup names, use the brands similar to how they're used for DLC names, etc...
The track days event are a great idea but again use them properly, passing a number of car isn't interesting, give us a target time that we have to beat like in the rivals mode. Also, cars in traffic shouldn't only be shitboxes, you should be overtaken by faster cars, struggling to pass a terrible driver, etc...
I have many more ideas for career events, IMO, improving the career is "only" a matter of using everything they have at their disposal but properly and realistically.
Of course, it goes without saying that a true track atmosphere is seriously needed to make things more realistic in the first place.

Such fantastic points in this post G Rom. I'd be great to see some of the racing series in career events. I'd be so easy to have Championships comprised of the official tracks. And I completely agree with the track days, should have a wide variety of classes on them, not just slow low class ones.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love the track days, but even more the race against another car through traffic races. just fun. having additional traffic races against time, ala rivals, would be welcome.

one additional race type i'd like to see is PGR-like cone challenges. keep the autocross, but have a seperate, but similar, event for the real cone challenges in which you have to beat a time AND beat a score. one where you can chain cones, speed gates, and drifts into a single EPIC run. i had so much fucking fun with those in PGR and the autocross just isnt the same.

I would say that with FM4 Turn 10 has done admirably in expanding the variety of the car list over that in previous entries; they've done about as good a job walking a fine line and appeasing a broad swath of car enthusiasts as could reasonably be expected.

Personally, I would love nothing more than an increased emphasis on race cars of all varieties, but particularly Group C and Can-AM as these series seem to be neglected at the moment. I have no interest in wallowing through lap after tedious lap in dreary little shitboxes, (although hot hatches are ace), heaps of 1980s mediocrity, or any of the other mundane commuter cars I encounter on a daily basis. I respect, however, that there are thousands of people who do, and I understand the appeal of everyday cars in driving games, even if I don't share it.

So yeah, keep up the good work, Turn 10. As much as it physically pains me to see a junker like a fucking Pinto in the game but no GT2 C6.R, (at least not yet), I accept it as an inevitable consequence of having to please everyone.

In other news, it just hit me that E3 is less than one week away. More than any other title, Forza Horizon is the one I want a full-on media blowout for. I have no idea what to make of it, but the prospect of Forza's customization and physics (?) in an open-world environment is tantalizing, to say the least.

To be honest, the only thing that I really want to know about Forza Horizon if it'll feature customization or not lol

This and the how the open road concept is being handled is all I really care about. Give me both of those things done well and I will buy it without a second thought.

Mascot

All this speculation about FM5 has got me thinking about whether there will actually ever be an FM5 (ie as a natural progression/extension of FM4).

Maybe Horizon is a toe in the water about fragmenting the franchise into several distinct entities, kind of like EA attempted with the Need For Speed series.

Maybe there will be a purely race-bred version of Forza that only features licensed tracks, official series sponsorship and GT-class cars, with the shitboxes and soccer fields reserved for Forza Street.

Maybe this is how DG can please all of the people all of the time, have twice-yearly Forza games released and quadruple his sales figures..?

saladine1

Forza Motorsport: Shitbox Edition
Forza Motorsport: Happy Lucky Soccer Plus EX Plus Alpha Edition
Forza Motorsport: World Offroad Rally Racing Edition
Forza Motorsport: I Need Naaaawwss Edition

Forza Motorsport: World Offroad Rally Racing Edition

Yes please! I'd love some dirt track racing - Forza style.

Another random thought, I dont know how I explain it but bringing the scenery closer to the track sometimes annoys me. I see the 'other game' with some of the older tracks with overhanging trees and it makes me want some of that in Forza. Can't remember the track which I'm thinking of :(

SarBear

No June DLC? Missed opportunity to cash in. Given how much the May DLC completely sucked, it was a shoe-in that the June DLC would be awesome.

Calm down guys:

@Turn10Studios: We will be announcing our June car pack for Forza 4 later this week. Thanks for your patience and stay tuned for a great batch of cars!

Rejoice.

BearChair

T10 just announced in Twiiter June cars would be revealed later this week

@Turn10Studios: We will be announcing our June car pack for Forza 4 later this week. Thanks for your patience and stay tuned for a great batch of cars!

Niiiiiice, another batch of cars.

I skipped the May DLC, just couldn't justify it for the cars I wanted out of the pack and with the outlay for the Porsche pack coming up, but I can't wait to see what's revealed in the June pack.

Been a big month for Forza!

Calm down guys:

Rejoice.

Hellz ya! I am guessing that it will just come a week later (or more) than usual so that is why we didn't see it on Major Nelson's list. That only went to the 6th.

Edit: I know this is only tangentially related, but this F40 is pure SEX!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/an-afternoon-with-a-legend/

Getting difficult to manage my Photos lately.

The last two nights, I've tried to delete my Photos from the Storefront only to get a ~30 second wait followed by the dreaded "The Forza Motorsport server is unavailable at this time" error. Boot back to main menu.

As a result, my gallery is now full, can't take any more pics, can't delete any existing :(

Any of you have trouble with this sometimes/at the moment??

Or is it just something to do with AU connection or something (any other Aussies here able to comment?)

EDIT: I wish there was a "Delete All" one button option. Or you could manage them from the Forzamotorsport.net site.

Very happy to hear that there will be a June car pack! Just please, no more shitboxes. Let's get some badass new cars. C63 Black Series Coupe...for example.

BearChair

I would love to see the Prius and CRZ from the Super GT GT300 class. Cars like the Suzuki Cappuccino, Honda Beat and Daihatsu Copen would also be nice.

G Rom

Updated SuperGT cars are badly needed. The new DTM line-up would be great too.
Just make them generic but with the ability to change the number like on the RM cars of GT5 instead of having four or five A4 DTM for example.

saladine1

I absolutely love how Turn 10 have simulated the Flywheel in this game.
The difference in throttle response between factory and race is pretty substantial.

Try it yourself.
Take a standard car with stock Flywheel and proceed to rev on and off continuously while in 2nd gear in medium rpm's. Note the sluggish,delayed response as you throttle on and off. Now upgrade the Flywheel to the race version and go through the previous sequence.
Feel the magic happen.

I absolutely love how Turn 10 have simulated the Flywheel in this game.
The difference in throttle response between factory and race is pretty substantial.

Try it yourself.
Take a standard car with stock Flywheel and proceed to rev on and off continuously while in 2nd gear in medium rpm's. Note the sluggish,delayed response as you throttle on and off. Now upgrade the Flywheel to the race version and go through the previous sequence.
Feel the magic happen.

Yup! This and how cams can increase your redline have to be some of the best kept secrets in Forza 4.

saladine1

Yup! This and how cams can increase your redline have to be some of the best kept secrets in Forza 4.

Mate, I was just thinking about that.
There are a few things in FM that aren't widely known or expounded upon. One example that many people aren't aware of, is that when stripping the weight out of the cabin, the sounds become louder in the cockpit. I don't know if Turn 10 has intentionally withheld these tidbits from people or not. If they are, they're selling themselves short imo.
I mean, you went to great lengths in getting the smallest amount of details right but you don't want to share that with people?
C'mon Turn 10, don't be shy and give yourselves some credit.

G Rom

Wow, the chicane at Le Mans won't be named/sponsored by Gran Turismo anymore but by Forza Motorsport (link shamelessly stolen from BADNED). That's a pretty big deal IMO as Playstation and GT have been huge sponsors for the race and some teams for years !
It seems Microsoft really want to support the franchise (multiyear contract) which is awesome for players.
I wonder if they'll do some team sponsoring as well.

Wow, the chicane at Le Mans won't be named/sponsored by Gran Turismo anymore but by Forza Motorsport (link shamelessly stolen from BADNED). That's a pretty big deal IMO as Playstation and GT have been huge sponsors for the race and some teams for years !
It seems Microsoft really want to support the franchise (multiyear contract) which is awesome for players.
I wonder if they'll do some team sponsoring as well.

Heh, that's a nice little coup for MS and Forza. Good to see the series getting a bit more exposure on the biggest stage in motorsports.

Test Day this weekend, and then only two weeks until the race itself. Can't see any outcome other than Audi absolutely walking away with it. Business as usual, in other words.

Top Bottom