• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Anyone have a link to how to do this? I am very intrigued and there are some cars I really want to see the interior of!

Wow, how did people figure out how to glitch into the interiors besides the Silverstone trick??

T10 should give us interior photos options in FM5, anyway...

Plus this!! I do (sort of) understand why they don't, but at least give us a limited interior view! Some of these cars have incredible interiors and it is shame to see them go to waste.

Anyone have a link to how to do this? I am very intrigued and there are some cars I really want to see the interior of!

Plus this!! I do (sort of) understand why they don't, but at least give us a limited interior view! Some of these cars have incredible interiors and it is shame to see them go to waste.

I think from what I've read; in "Garage photo mode" you hold forward while it's loading to get inside the car. The longer the load time, the easier it glitches. Have yet to try it myself though...

G Rom

You know, after toying with the interiors, no I don't understand why they don't give us a real god mode. They just hide their incredible work away while they could show it off and let players enjoy it. In the past day, I've probably learned/discovered more things on cars just by being free in the cockpit than in the entire 4 or 5 hours I've spent in Autovista. I love looking at all the switches and the stuff you don't see while racing in cockpit view.
I really hope that seeing all those interior shots makes Turn 10 change their stance and that we'll get a legit way to do it.

forza507jy8vi.jpg

forza508x2mqw.jpg

forza509oujnv.jpg

forza5109r8md.jpg

forza51187jpc.jpg

forza512bg81m.jpg

G Rom

Well if by modern, you mean from 1957 then yeah. :lol
It's the Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible and it does look awesome with its giant steering wheel and all the commands everywhere.

Edit : Try a different homespace, Shortt. Avoid the dark one with the light coming from above and the Autovista one. Both have the ambient light changing depending on the camera (something inherited from past FM's menus).
If the car has a glossy parts (like a steering wheel made of wood), avoid the TGTT homespace as it will look unrealistic. For carbon fibre interiors, I prefer the old hangar (as seen in the Zonda R pics), other homespaces tend to be worse (the TG studio is the worse in that regard, the 599XX interior is just crazy there).
Also, try to find a better angle (the main problem with that glitch is that the car is always facing the light).

Whoa. Gotta try this interior glitch thing out tonight. That's great!

What a waste of those interiors not allowing us to be able to take the photos normally.

Well if by modern, you mean from 1957 then yeah. :lol
It's the Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible and it does look awesome with its giant steering wheel and all the commands everywhere.

He he, yeah that's modern enough. The last one looks like it has a super comfy pair of seats - NOT!

G Rom

Nice livery shinnn ! :D

Last ones for tonight :
forza513ggmw6.jpg

forza514qdj3h.jpg

forza515608ug.jpg

forza516y4kni.jpg

The "Porsche 959" on the steering wheel isn't a texture, it's actually modeled.

Why is the steering wheel in all pics off-centre?
I've always wondered why we couldn't move the car around the spaces provided and change wheel angle.
And an option to remove shitty modelled Stig from replays if we want... or even just a better poly'd model....

Why is the steering wheel in all pics off-centre?
I've always wondered why we couldn't move the car around the spaces provided and change wheel angle.
And an option to remove shitty modelled Stig from replays if we want... or even just a better poly'd model....

I miss the versatility of GT5's photo mode. Wheel angles, headlights, rotation, position, full camera movements etc..

Hopefully we see that stuff for Forza 5, as I spend as much time in Photo Mode as I do racing.

amar212

I must be stupid 'cause I still don't know how to take those pics...
Anyone care to share the knowledge?

Seconded. My PM box is waiting for your know Gerome :D

EDITED: Oh, I just saw the video you've linked on the previous page, I will take a look into it.

On subject: having the complete interiors modelled should really pave the road for getting actual interiors when looking sideways/back from the cockcpit mode (as in the GT5). I really miss that, it gives so much more to the immersion with the car during the race.

I must be stupid 'cause I still don't know how to take those pics...
Anyone care to share the knowledge?

From FM.net
(Engrish incoming!)

1). In Career mode, choice a car you own and any homespace.

2). Return Main menu, and go into Community menu, and press B, return main menu again(for cache clear).

3). Next is important, Go in Career mode again, In time displaying "Forza logo"(equal before fading the logo),

Quickly choice "take photo" in car menu, "push forward" your camera view before display car in homespace.

・Caution! push forward camera, but dont overrun. your camera will slip car body, and you miss.

・Caution! push forward camera, but if your action is slow, your camera will be prevented car's "Barrier", and you miss.

4). if you pushed camera moderate lange, and success to going into inside car, you can take shots interior freely"

Whoa. Gotta try this interior glitch thing out tonight. That's great!

What a waste of those interiors not allowing us to be able to take the photos normally.

I always thought this, even if they let us see from the default cockpit view in photo mode it would have been great, such hidden detail that must have taken countless hours from the modellers to get right.

Thanks champ!!

I hope I didn't just take one for the team there, but no problemo. Thank Google too!

GRom said:

Just noticed this one. What's going on in the background of that shot, GRom?
It almost looks like there is large downhill section into the tunnel that you are in... that can't be right?

Just playing around with my favourite car ATM...

7368348120_b17c966a3f_c.jpg

7368336426_91c3bea4b0_c.jpg

7368337002_b439b68734_c.jpg

7368336804_c7757ee7bb_c.jpg

7368336624_b1a3e37c7d_c.jpg

Interior of the Spirit R FD Rx7 (Wouldn't stay black for some reason...)

7183103281_463b057ca6_c.jpg

7368336106_e6b5e4cb39_c.jpg

I honestly think that I prefer 8 smart thinking cars over 12 dumbstruck AI cars in forza 4, they are so braindead and just drive into the side of you turning into a corner, and instead of correcting themselves they keep turning into you or push you off the track.

I hope this is the last we see of this terrible AI stuff, next gen should go back to the way forza 3 handles cars on the track.

Love how the PR back before release called the computer drivers more aggressive and realistic.

BearChair

Are you using the simulation AI in the event races? They seem alright for the most part. Often still too slow though.

I honestly think that I prefer 8 smart thinking cars over 12 dumbstruck AI cars in forza 4, they are so braindead and just drive into the side of you turning into a corner, and instead of correcting themselves they keep turning into you or push you off the track.

I hope this is the last we see of this terrible AI stuff, next gen should go back to the way forza 3 handles cars on the track.

Love how the PR back before release called the computer drivers more aggressive and realistic.

Are you using the simulation AI in the event races? They seem alright for the most part. Often still too slow though.

No I am on about my opponents, they drive like you are not there at all and turn in to you constantly. Never really happened much in forza 2 and 3 because the AI could see you to their side and would react accordingly, in forza 4 they can only see in front of themselves.

AI drivers are terrible to be around, what pisses me off is when they leave the track at set points, if I stick to my speed they will almost certainly rejoin the track and smash into my car.

It feels so scripted.

How's the detail on the Ford Falcon?!

7183269705_e0b15438e2_b.jpg

And a shot of my new A-Class machine.

7183269553_e1b355d52a_c.jpg

I just raced the above race "Porsche 911 vs Ferrari V8" and the AI (8 on track) was soooo bad; braking on corner exits, pushing me wide off the track after cutting the apex, they looked like they were intentionally trying to hold me up so that the one "Superior" Porsche RS could steam ahead.

As hard as you try and stay clean, there comes a point where after three full five-lap attempts that you just say "well if I can't beat them; join them" and just start knocking them out of the way...

I really hope they improve this with having a more 'analogue' AI in terms of braking and accelerating (rather than what seems like a very on-off digital feel now), or bring on 1 v 1 point to point races - there is a reason I am only at level 42 or so.

DD

Forza 4 IA is terrible. I really miss Forza 3.

Mascot

GRID has the most believable AI I've seen in a console racer. It always feels like racing against other humans.

G Rom

Race cars, especially the 2011 ALMS ones, are just crazy in term of details. From all the stuff in the cockpit to the steering wheel being detailed even in the back, really amazing IMO.
If they have higher res textures already, those will be even more glorious on Durango ! :eek:

forza517p2jaw.jpg

forza518mdma6.jpg

forza519z3jql.jpg

forza520jcmgd.jpg

forza521td87p.jpg

forza522mfkj4.jpg

forza523928j2.jpg

forza524q8mha.jpg

forza525gzk5r.jpg

forza526d8j0e.jpg

forza5279n849.jpg

forza528stk30.jpg

forza529nbjwp.jpg

The carbon fibre looks so nice, was there any reason the Zonda R is painted black in Forza? I had hoped for F4 it'd get retextured.

I bought a paintjob for mine but it's quite low resolution in comparison.

saladine1

That's just fucking ridiculous!!

Seriously, why would Turn 10 go to all that trouble for?

Do you think T10 intended on letting us do legit cockpit photography only to change their minds later on for some reason?

INSANE.

G Rom

Contrary to GT5 which has the final Zonda R, FM3 and FM4 both have the concept car which was (mate) black with some glossy carbon fibre (on the wheel arches or around the headlights for example) so they're kind of right on the color.

BADNED

That's just fucking ridiculous!!

Seriously, why would Turn 10 go to all that trouble for?

All for the future. ;)

Contrary to GT5 which has the final Zonda R, FM3 and FM4 both have the concept car which was (mate) black with some glossy carbon fibre (on the wheel arches or around the headlights for example) so they're kind of right on the color.
It is not the concept, it is the first version of the R. GRID has the concept R while NFS (since SHIFT) & GT5 have the second revision of the R.

1). In Career mode, choice a car you own and any homespace.

2). Return Main menu, and go into Community menu, and press B, return main menu again(for cache clear).

3). Next is important, Go in Career mode again, In time displaying "Forza logo"(equal before fading the logo),

Quickly choice "take photo" in car menu, "push forward" your camera view before display car in homespace.

・Caution! push forward camera, but dont overrun. your camera will slip car body, and you miss.

・Caution! push forward camera, but if your action is slow, your camera will be prevented car's "Barrier", and you miss.

4). if you pushed camera moderate lange, and success to going into inside car, you can take shots interior freely"

For step 2 is there a way to clear the cache without goin into community/Xbox live.

G Rom

Just had a look at some leaderboards.
The first Porsche rivals event has a bit more than 20,000 entries. At 15/20$ a pop, that's a minimum of 300,000$ of revenue (assuming every player who bought the pack was a VIP which wouldn't be the case).
The Corvette rivals event requiring the full Meguiar car pack already has a bit more than 10,000 entries. Since there was no discount with the VIP, that's more than 70,000$ in revenue.
Forza might not put out sales numbers as impressive as some games but it's pretty clear that the constant DLC is bringing a nice revenue stream to Turn 10/MS.

Top Bottom