• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Any wheel users here having issues since installing the latest dashboard update?

I'm having problems with losing all ffb, the clutch sticking half open and the shifter going nuts. Thought the wheel itself was playing up until seeing a thread on FM. Can't see MS rolling out a fix anytime soon.

Time to blow the cobwebs off the PS3.

Mascot

Any wheel users here having issues since installing the latest dashboard update?

I'm having problems with losing all ffb, the clutch sticking half open and the shifter going nuts. Thought the wheel itself was playing up until seeing a thread on FM. Can't see MS rolling out a fix anytime soon.

Time to blow the cobwebs off the PS3.

Ugh. Don't like the sound of that. I'm not sure I've had a new dashboard update yet - when was it rolled out?

saladine1

I just got a semi!
Could it be remotely true that I could be driving around an XU1 Torana soon.....? <breath held>

Soon, as in late 2013...hope so!

All HDT Brock's are more than welcome, even the HDT Magnum Statesman, but the most popular HDT Brock would have to be the VK SS Group A 'Blue Meanie'...and here's mine..

tFmyW.jpg

7OYN6.jpg

dCC8p.jpg

Yes, it's a replica lol. I'm not made of money you know..

I seriously thought we would be driving the classic Holden and Ford stuff for FM4. But that's fine, next gen Torana, Monaro, HDT Commodore and Falcon GT will be worth wait....

Mascot said:
Ugh. Don't like the sound of that. I'm not sure I've had a new dashboard update yet - when was it rolled out?

I don't remember even doing the update mate, my son may have though.

I will try during the weekend and report.

You are using the latest beta FW or not?

Thinking about it, I didn't have any problems with FW 742b but I didn't get on well with the steering, it had very little resistance so I reflashed with 737b.

Shaneus

BADNED, you mentioned that a full Holden license is being worked on for the future.
Is it looking bright?
And, with a Holden license, would that also include the HDT brand..?
Jesus dude, will you just stop picketing for Holden and scream for some Australian Ford love already? Feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here :(

saladine1

Jesus dude, will you just stop picketing for Holden and scream for some Australian Ford love already? Feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here :(

lol, I hear ya, at least they've added the XB GT...we don't have any classic Holdens yet!
Just trying to let it be known that there are better Aussie classics out there :)

Apparently, Brian Ekberg loves the XB GT, so I'm pretty sure we'll see them acquiring a full Blue Oval license to go with the General's Lion..

Why don't some of the rivals events mention what it is exactly that you will be required to do in that particular event?

For example, the VIP Rivals event on Maple Valley just says "This Rivals Mode event is open to Forza VIPs only". And the restrictions just tell you it's RWD and Production only.

Never mentions anywhere that it is in fact a Drift event...

Am I wrong?

SmokyDave

Soon, as in late 2013...hope so!

All HDT Brock's are more than welcome, even the HDT Magnum Statesman, but the most popular HDT Brock would have to be the VK SS Group A 'Blue Meanie'...and here's mine..

tFmyW.jpg

7OYN6.jpg

dCC8p.jpg

Yes, it's a replica lol. I'm not made of money you know..

I seriously thought we would be driving the classic Holden and Ford stuff for FM4. But that's fine, next gen Torana, Monaro, HDT Commodore and Falcon GT will be worth wait....

Dude, that's gorgeous. Is it a badge-engineered Vauxhall Cavalier?

SmokyDave

I think in the UK they were the Vauxhall Royale?
In Germany they were the Opel Senator..

lol, not the best cars in the world but Peter Brock breathed some life into them that's for sure..

It was the Cavalier (I went off googlin'). We also had 'a' Senator, but it was a bigger, luxury version of the Cavalier. Like the Ford Granada was to the Ford Cortina.

I have a real soft-spot for that era and your car gives me a boner. An actual boner. Thanks for that :)

saladine1

It was the Cavalier (I went off googlin'). We also had 'a' Senator, but it was a bigger, luxury version of the Cavalier. Like the Ford Granada was to the Ford Cortina.

I have a real soft-spot for that era and your car gives me a boner. An actual boner. Thanks for that :)

lol, no worries..

BearChair

From Turn 10's Twitter:

Turn 10 Studios &#8207;@Turn10Studios
We'll be announcing the release date for the FREE 2013 SRT Viper pack in today's Week in Review. Stay tuned! #forza4lemans

Hopefully, it is next week.

Shaneus

Yeah, bit odd they're only using the MC wheel. That's vibration only, isn't it?

BTW, had no idea there was an FM-sponsored entry. Someone to go for!

From today's WIR:

One final bit of news before we wrap things up and prepare for a busy weekend of Forza 4 fun. If you&#8217;re been eagerly awaiting the release of the 2013 SRT Viper for Forza 4, I&#8217;m happy to tell you that the pack will be available on June 22! This will be a FREE download in Forza Motorsport 4 and will include both a drivable version of the Viper as well as a Viper Autovista experience. As a free car in Forza 4 and the cover car of Forza Horizon, the Viper is sure to be a fan-favorite, so make sure you get yours when the pack is released next Friday!

No mention of the GTS-R. :(

Mascot

Does the 'Viper Pack' just contain the Viper, or are there other cars in there too?
Is it a 'normal' car pack (albeit with an AV add-on) where the Viper is the free download, but you need to pay for the full pack?

saladine1

Complicating matters further, in most cases, developers are actually paying auto manufactures to include their cars in games. Ford confirmed game licensing actually generated revenue for the company. But if Ford really wanted a car in a game that wasn’t going to make the cut--Mustangs are no doubt a sexier sell than a Ford ST--the roles would reverse, and Ford would pay the developer to “subsidize” that placement.

“We don’t want to see the cars flipping over for unknown reasons. Catching fire--certain, we call then thermal events--we don’t want happening if there’s no reason. If you’re driving poorly in a game, and you do end up rolling the car as a result of driver error, that can be explained. But we would never appear in a Burnout game, a game where destruction is the point of a game.”

How Do Real Cars End Up In Video Games?

Interesting read..

G Rom

Yeah I read that yesterday, really interesting to see the point of view of a manufacturer.

Does the 'Viper Pack' just contain the Viper, or are there other cars in there too?
Is it a 'normal' car pack (albeit with an AV add-on) where the Viper is the free download, but you need to pay for the full pack?

It's special pack, like the Hyundai Veloster pack.
BADNED added two TBA DLC to his list though so more DLC is on its way.

BTW, so many great cars they could scan this week-end at Le Mans like the Matra-Simca MS670, 670B and 670C :
AvgXyzPCAAEWHkm.jpg

Edit : I wanted to try the 360 laps challenge (for the unicorns) but due to the terrible hopper system, I can only enter in lobbies where the race has begun. I can't even create a private race because they limit the number of lap to 50 and the time to 4h... :-/

G Rom

Yeah, that's why I said "try", SarBear. No way I would have lasted 24h all by myself, especially with no day/night cycle to spice things up.

Anyone else having problems with the storefront ? Can't access mine and can't buy designs because the game can't retrieve informations...

Seanspeed

Banned
You'd have to rotate drivers, just like the real thing.

It still gets boring as hell after a while. Maybe if there were more endurance racing elements included, but as it is, you just come in for fuel and then go back out and do the same thing over and over. There's no drama, there's no worry about reliability, there's no nighttime, there's no rain, etc etc.

It still gets boring as hell after a while. Maybe if there were more endurance racing elements included, but as it is, you just come in for fuel and then go back out and do the same thing over and over. There's no drama, there's no worry about reliability, there's no nighttime, there's no rain, etc etc.

Yeah, true. I wouldn't do 24h without night and weather. I'd do a shorter one though. I also find the Le Mans track itself boring.
Give me Spa already!

Yeah, that's why I said "try", SarBear. No way I would have lasted 24h all by myself, especially with no day/night cycle to spice things up.

Anyone else having problems with the storefront ? Can't access mine and can't buy designs because the game can't retrieve informations...

Is it the same thing that Deadpool and I were experiencing a few pages back? ("Failed to retrieve storefront data...")

If so, keep persisting at getting into your photos (it WILL take a while). Make it your default view and attempt to quickly select a photo and remove it.

I am going to make an assumption here that you are over the originally allotted 18 slots?
I think ever since the storefront expansion it has a bit of trouble loading the full page and basically timed out.

Mine was affected for nearly a week before I could get in to delete photos one by one. Once I did, however, it's worked ever since. I've just kept my storefront to under 18 shots (15 or so).

Also it needs to send the information of a deleted photo, so after the press A to remove message or will revert back to the "Failed..." message, just keep it on there without pressing anything for about 5-7 seconds or do to ensure the servers get the message.

Hope that helps, as it really ruined a small bit of forza for me (esp because I couldn't download DLC).

Speaking of which, I still see the message in the car pack screen but it's not a huge deal there.

G Rom

Nice photos FunnyBunny, as always.

It was just a temporary thing evil_as_skeletor, I could access all storefronts like 5 or 10 min after posting that and I never really had problems filling up my storefront. It's slower to load but it's working every time.

Thought I'd post some Le Mans love :
forza53466kvn.jpg

forza536zrkcw.jpg

forza535ihjut.jpg

forza539kt88t.jpg

Also, good thing I hadn't bought the latest DLC yet as I managed to get a randomly dropped code during GWD (couldn't believe that I was the fastest to redeem it :eek:) :

forza540jjk0v.jpg

forza5411yjl5.jpg

forza53712k8f.jpg

forza543xwk1w.jpg

forza545aam5i.jpg

forza549vaj5u.jpg

The sound of that RUF... So good !
forza546wq805.jpg

forza547rq8y1.jpg

forza548nymzd.jpg

DAT Mercedes face, just for you Amar :p
forza552wrm1r.jpg

forza553j38t1.jpg

I still don't understand why the user-made liveries are so ugly in photos, especially now that we've seen some Turn 10-made liveries of incredible quality. :-/

It was just a temporary thing evil_as_skeletor, I could access all storefronts like 5 or 10 min after posting that and I never really had problems filling up my storefront. It's slower to load but it's working every time.

It's probably the same issue, being that yours has now slowed down, but being on a slower connection to the Server here is Australia, we probably are seeing a more accentuated effect - longer response times/quicker timeout before loading.

Just going out on a limb there.

DD

I'm so in love with the R18 that now I'm thankful for not having an Xbox Live account, so I'll not spend more money on that.

But now I'm hating myself for that... =c

Shaneus

I've been cross-posting this over numerous threads, but here's a link to a Eurosport HD stream of Le Mans:
http://www.justin.tv/freddy49z#/w/3262938768/3

Enjoy :)

Mascot

And also maybe a suggestion to Turn 10 to implement as with DLC or next game.... Debris really adds to the sense of realism (see Shift 2).

Marbles, too. You can't beat chasing down the car in front in cockpit view and having it kick up marbles that bounce off your windscreen. First time I saw this was a real "fuck yeah" moment.

Trouble is, you need a windscreen for this to work, not just a rectangular hole where the windscreen should be...
/satire

Seriously though: FM5 really needs to go to town with little details like this. They are looooong overdue.

Marbles, too. You can't beat chasing down the car in front in cockpit view and having it kick up marbles that bounce off your windscreen. First time I saw this was a real "fuck yeah" moment.

Trouble is, you need a windscreen for this to work, not just a rectangular hole where the windscreen should be...
/satire

Seriously though: FM5 really needs to go to town with little details like this. They are looooong overdue.

For sure. And I know it's cheesy, but bug splatter got me in S2. It was just something else. I also liked the depth of field at high speed that shift had. Along with the sounds, this aided the sweat to pour from me and my heart racing. Something FM hasn't quite achieved yet.

Snubbers

They need to tread a fine line with going down the S2 route..

The first time I took the M5 out for a spin in S2, I cringed terribly when
- The wing mirrors started jiggling at moderate speeds
- The gearbox sounded like it had straight cut gears
- The car was bouncing around independently of the suspension

It felt so amazingly false..

But, then the windscreen reflections and a little bit of 'debris' actually did make it feel that bit more real..

So, yes please, a bit more realism, but don't go OTT and make it ludicrously false..

:)

I do want F5 to include more of an at the track feel. Make the environments feel more alive. And we need more of them, of course.

I also would like to see an assisted manual transmission; a trainer of sorts for people (ahem, me) struggling to learn manual transmission. I've never driven stick in real life and do not have a firm grasp on the finer points of driving stick. For example, I do not fully understand why a car loses grip on a hard downshift.

A few more photos from the weekend.
7387079732_d4e32de285_b.jpg

7387079530_ffb0083063_b.jpg

7387079410_6a5a5661f2_b.jpg

7387079644_1efe048122_b.jpg

Top Bottom