• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Wooo!! I got the cockpit glitch to work. Here are some more tips:

Make sure you don't have the Forza disc installed on your hard drive. You want longer loading times. It makes the home space load slower if you don't have the game installed (obviously).

If you don't have xbox live and can't get into the community in order to clear the home space cache, just exit to the main intro screen where it says press A. That will clear the cache.

G Rom

Thank god, you don't need to play the game off disc, just put tons of layers on the car, it will slow the loading. Create a layer group with hundreds of similarly shaped layers. Reduce the layer group to a size of 0 to make it invisible (if you don't want to remove the design each time). Copy/past on both sides and the top.
Also, as I said before, going in the Autovista car selection menu will clear the cache, it's probably much faster than having to reload the save.

Speaking of saves, I'm at 530+ photos now. I think I'll erase my file soon because even if it hasn't reached FM3's levels, it's getting slower and slower everyday.

shinnn

jDxcCg39j5eFP.JPEG

j4bduS2BhoiSA.JPEG

jD0tXbKMwc7M8.JPEG

jAy6Qs5MYEkj3.JPEG

jhJbxN6m4rTol.JPEG

jhOa6oZJvCtY3.JPEG

j5ockDPu3WHBX.JPEG

jlFWOX84oVenL.JPEG

OrangeOak

Banding in some of these cockpit shots looks really ugly.It is also noticable in gameplay.
I can't wait for next gen :p
But otherwise cockpits are really nice and improvement from FM3 is pretty big.Better materials,texture variety,lighting etc.

Mascot

Is doesn't matter if I say yes or no, because in the end they will release tracks you have not requested anyway.

Thanks for the reply B. Not quite a yes or no, but I think I got the gist.

So... to confirm: FM4 track DLC is coming, just not the tracks most requested *coughSpaHurstcough*?

I can live with that. Anything is better than nothing!

I'm now thinking sponsored track DLC. Maybe a major manufacturer's test track?

G Rom

Nah, it will be this :
sidewinder-track-layouts-copy1.jpg

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Ok, so if we don't request Spahurst they will put them in?

Turn 10 we don't want Spa and Bathurst..

Yeah man, Spa and Bathurst are like the worst tracks ever. I mean going up and down all the time, who wants this shit ? Beside, Eau-rouge, what an overrated corner. Also, who wants to go to Australia, there are only kangaroos, koalas and a number two F1 driver there.

G Rom

I don't read German but I suppose "Quelle: forzamotorsport.fr" is the source so I went to FM.fr to check. It's probably about that article. They don't say anywhere that it's going to be released this week-end, they just reiterate that it will be released this summer in fact. They just say that at the Forza booth at the 24h of Le Mans, you'll be able to play with the Forza Horizon E3 demo (damn !) and for the first time ever with the Viper in FM4.

BADNED

No SRT Viper DLC this week! The only way to play the new SRT Viper in Forza 4 this week including the weekend is at the FM tent in the Village, located in the paddock of the Circuit the 24 Heures Du Mans.

-Pixel-

Neo Member
They just say that at the Forza booth at the 24h of Le Mans, you'll be able to play with the Forza Horizon E3 demo (damn !) and for the first time ever with the Viper in FM4.

So it can´t be long. If it´s not coming this week, like Badned says, maybe short after Le Mans. There is no better time for this dlc. SRT Viper ftw!

BADNED

The wait for the SRT Viper Bonus Pack won't be that long anymore, there is still some little work left to be done before the pack is finished. ;)

BTW the following is not Viper related and also bit early to talk about since there is no release set atm but they have something in the works for you car lovers out there.

Thanks for the info B,

they have something in the works for you car lovers out there.

But arrrrrggghhh, it's frustrating. I actually feel like the 'car' isn't so special anymore. How many more can I have in my garage before it just becomes another motor.

Anyways, I'm ill, back to sleep.

G Rom

BTW the following is not Viper related and also bit early to talk about since there is no release set atm but they have something in the works for you car lovers out there.

Forza Waypoint app ?

A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO DLC pack with Autovista experience would be good too.

G Rom

I was dead serious, a well done Forza Waypoint app could be amazing.
I'm talking things like :
- Forza news
- Car news
- Motorsport news
- Forza historic
- Forza achievements and stats of the player
- Informations and photos on manufacturers, cars and tracks (think GT5 museum and car descriptions meets FM.net FYI segment meets FM manufacturers texts)
- Official videos of all Forza (even the videos included in the first FM LE)
- Videos from the community (shinnn's videos for example)

BTW, I hope Turn 10 is at the 24h of Le Mans capturing some Group C greatness and the new cars we're missing in FM !

G Rom

He's alive !
resurrection+morning.jpg

For the ALMS cars, they probably got access to all cars as part of their licensing deal.
It's probably a combination of laser scanning, modeling from photos in-house or outsourced and maybe some CAD from manufacturers ?

Seanspeed

Banned
Have they still not fixed the issue with nobody except the people who bought the Porsche DLC being able to see the Porsche's? Racing online can already be a frustrating experience and not being able to race closely with others cuz a quarter of the cars I'm racing against are blacked-out Jetta's that have different dimensions in reality is really just keeping me from this game. I still pop it in for like half hour/hour once in a while to put in some laps or something, but otherwise this is borderline game-breaking for me.

I just dont understand why Turn 10 overlooked something so obvious, why they haven't addressed there's even an issue and why nobody is allowed to discuss it on the FM.net forums. I remember there used to be a time when the community was listened to and taken care of....

Sorry if I sound crabby, but this is now the second of my favorite games that have been ruined recently by baffling developer issues(cant play Battlefield anymore cuz the patches are like 2GB's(WHY?!?!?!) and I simply dont have room for the new one).

saladine1

BADNED, you mentioned that a full Holden license is being worked on for the future.
Is it looking bright?
And, with a Holden license, would that also include the HDT brand..?

BADNED

BADNED, you mentioned that a full Holden license is being worked on for the future.
Is it looking bright?
And, with a Holden license, would that also include the HDT brand..?
So far looks good but still nothing final. HDT requires a seperate agreement and it is on their agenda to get it. ;)

Watching Le Mans qualifying, and I have to say, La Sarthe sure looks nice flying Forza colors at Tertre Rouge...
Yes indeed. Captured and posted those yesterday during the first qualifying at FC

8eMW1.jpg

RspfM.jpg

Is Le Mans only going to be on Speed for the US?

Yeah, they have the exclusive broadcasting rights and signed an indefinite extension just recently.

They are airing 22 of the 24 hours on TV this year, which is a nice step up from last year. I'll be streaming Eurosport's coverage to get through Speed's (numerous) commercial breaks and for when Leigh Diffey gets on my nerves. :p

Seriously though, I'm thoroughly jealous of Eurosport's commentators.

Edit: Dammit, Seanspeed!

saladine1

So far looks good but still nothing final. HDT requires a seperate agreement and it is on their agenda to get it. ;)

You the man!!

Having a full Holden license is one thing but to even contemplate a HDT license shows that the devs really are a passionate bunch!
I really hope they try very,very hard for the HDT license. Please, in the name of all things holy, please exhaust every avenue..!

.....!!!!!...!!!!

Yeah, they have the exclusive broadcasting rights and signed an indefinite extension just recently.

They are airing 22 of the 24 hours on TV this year, which is a nice step up from last year. I'll be streaming Eurosport's coverage to get through Speed's (numerous) commercial breaks and for when Leigh Diffey gets on my nerves. :p

Seriously though, I'm thoroughly jealous of Eurosport's commentators.

Edit: Dammit, Seanspeed!

Dammit! I got rid of cable a while ago and was hoping for some way to watch the race.

SHIT! I watched all 17 hours they showed last year on the big screen and then had Forza hooked up on the small screen right next to it.

Seanspeed

Banned
and for when Leigh Diffey gets on my nerves. :p
Smart man. lol

I dont think I'll be watching much. Maybe check in once in a while to see who's leading the GTE category and see if the Deltawing is still running. I dont expect Toyota to finish and Audi are a lock-in for at least the top 3 spots in LMP1.

Dammit! I got rid of cable a while ago and was hoping for some way to watch the race.

That sucks, man.

Le Mans is the only reason I subscribe to Speed; once a year, for one month only.

I dont think I'll be watching much. Maybe check in once in a while to see who's leading the GTE category and see if the Deltawing is still running. I dont expect Toyota to finish and Audi are a lock-in for at least the top 3 spots in LMP1.

I always watch the entire race, (or at least the first 20-odd hours before dozing off...), but I'm not nearly as hyped this year without Peugeot to make things interesting up front.

The DeltaWing will be fun to watch, at least, and as long as the GTE Pro Corvettes take the top two spots on the podium, I'll be happy.

You the man!!

Having a full Holden license is one thing but to even contemplate a HDT license shows that the devs really are a passionate bunch!
I really hope they try very,very hard for the HDT license. Please, in the name of all things holy, please exhaust every avenue..!

.....!!!!!...!!!!

I just got a semi!
Could it be remotely true that I could be driving around an XU1 Torana soon.....? <breath held>

Top Bottom