• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

I'm not shutting up about more Aussie Fords until they put more than one in there. Fuck's sake :(

Edit: Great vid, btw. Sooo much footage, all great!

saladine1

I'm not shutting up about more Aussie Fords until they put more than one in there. Fuck's sake :(

Edit: Great vid, btw. Sooo much footage, all great!

According to B, no more Aussie cars for FM4.

At this point, i'd settle for other iconic 'aussie' cars such as the Mazda RX3, TA22 Toyota Celica, e10/20/30 Toyota Corolla..

Mascot

If T10 give us a powerful track creator in FM5 I will pledge to buy ALL car DLC for it. As things stand with FM4, new cars are of little interest to me if I have to drive them on the same old circuits. The Porsche Pack was my final car pack purchase, and I regret most of the ones I bought before that if I'm honest. They offer very poor value relative to the price/content ratio of the original game.

100%'d the event list, in typical Forza style not a single surprise, video, end credits or anything.

00hbk.jpg

When I beat the season stuff I was disappointed in just seeing a message, something like "well done, now go away" :(

Memories of gt1 giving me a cool ending video with a skyline driving over a hill into the sunset while awesome music played spoiled me.

SarBear

That's what I am SAYING man! They even have a Facebook page and a website that shows all the cars this guy owns. I keep watching to see when he opens it up so I can try to make it up for it.

And of COURSE I will have a girl for ya man!

Yes, YES, YES!

I'm definitely down for going to this place. Sign me up!

Dude, I'm really considering leaving Michigan as a whole when I take this DANB test in less than a year. This state just fucking sucks, and even though ALL my family is here, I really can't do it.

saladine1

When I beat the season stuff I was disappointed in just seeing a message, something like "well done, now go away" :(

Memories of gt1 giving me a cool ending video with a skyline driving over a hill into the sunset while awesome music played spoiled me.

This was one of my wishlist points.
I really want to see more fanfare before a race, after a race,after winning a car,after leveling up..etc

C'mon T10, i'm about to enter a supposed grueling race here, let's make it a spectacle, let's make the run up to the race exciting!

"You are now off to Suzuka Raceway"..just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Seanspeed

Banned
Thats actually a really great pack. A huge surprise after the past couple disappointing ones.

Still, not gonna buy until Turn 10 acknowledges the issue with the Porsche pack and others not being able to see the cars when racing online. They need to give me ONE little bit of evidence that they care at all about people who like to race online instead of just 'car lovers'.

G Rom

So looks like we still have more than one DLC pack to go :
BADNED said:
I'm not saying there is an August DLC but there is more then one!

Also, an interesting bit about RUF's license :
BADNED said:
As soon as RUF was added to FM4's roster over a year ago it had a range of over twelve models. They concentrated on the 997/2 based models first while a selected number of the others was set for a possible DLC release sometime in the future. As the extended nagotiations with EA/Porsche finally came to fruition it was decided the upcoming RUF models will be released after the Porsche's.
Also just in case someone asks, for now RUF is here to stay.

And finally, the possible "special" pack isn't set yet :
BADNED said:
Something is in the works with some partners, as I said a while ago, but it depends on many factors and since nothing is set yet there is nothing definitive about it yet. It is possible it might end up in the next game.

Bathurst 1000 Expansion Pack.
Believe

Shaneus

According to B, no more Aussie cars for FM4.

At this point, i'd settle for other iconic 'aussie' cars such as the Mazda RX3, TA22 Toyota Celica, e10/20/30 Toyota Corolla..
I'd be happy with those! Not as happy as actual Aussie cars, but those'd be good. Even drop a Scorpion in the mix! ;)

This was one of my wishlist points.
I really want to see more fanfare before a race, after a race,after winning a car,after leveling up..etc

C'mon T10, i'm about to enter a supposed grueling race here, let's make it a spectacle, let's make the run up to the race exciting!

"You are now off to Suzuka Raceway"..just doesn't cut it for me anymore.
I'm afraid that's possibly the sole domain of Horizon now. Maybe.

Mascot

Believe

Crikey, I really hope so. Tracks are becoming a bigger and bigger issue for me, and it's snowballing to the point where I'll soon need to take a long hiatus from FM4. Facing the same old circuits over and over again is becoming unbearable.

Beardlings: make haste and get this message to Dan at Beard Towers without delay.
Fly, my pretties. FLY!

burns-flying-monkeys.jpg

I'm definitely down for going to this place. Sign me up!

Dude, I'm really considering leaving Michigan as a whole when I take this DANB test in less than a year. This state just fucking sucks, and even though ALL my family is here, I really can't do it.

I don't blame ya man. I have had a few friends that just couldn't take it in Michigan and moved down here. Indy isn't perfect, but I think it beats most of Michigan.

So looks like we still have more than one DLC pack to go :

Also, an interesting bit about RUF's license :

And finally, the possible "special" pack isn't set yet :

Believe

That is actually pretty interesting, especially about RUF. I am wondering if this will be the last monthly DLC and we will get the rest sporadically. Sort of like how the Jalopnik pack hit months after the previous DLC.

Crikey, I really hope so. Tracks are becoming a bigger and bigger issue for me, and it's snowballing to the point where I'll soon need to take a long hiatus from FM4. Facing the same old circuits over and over again is becoming unbearable.

Beardlings: make haste and get this message to Dan at Beard Towers without delay.
Fly, my pretties. FLY!

burns-flying-monkeys.jpg

Ugh....Continue the research!

G Rom

youshallnotpass-dangxk61.jpg

saladine1

I was just thinking about the official FM trailers music/tone we've had over the years.
For me the FM1 trailer was the most serious in it's tone compared to say FM3's 'everybody hold hands and sing kumbaya' shindig..

For FM5, I want Turn 10 to feature this piece in the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgcUEGEZv4

From 0:0-0:27: Start off with slow motion panoramic footage of Bathurst, Spa and Interlagos.

From 1:00-1:41: Use lots of slow fade ins and outs of pit activity, drivers,TV crews gearing up, crowds and then cars slowly making their way from the pits onto the track.

From 1:42-2:38: You show some awesome racing action showcasing all the thrills and spills on the track.....

Yeah that's what I want to see..

I was just thinking about the official FM trailers music/tone we've had over the years.
For me the FM1 trailer was the most serious in it's tone compared to say FM3's 'everybody hold hands and sing kumbaya' shindig..

For FM5, I want Turn 10 to feature this piece in the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgcUEGEZv4

From 0:0-0:27: Start off with slow motion panoramic footage of Bathurst, Spa and Interlagos.

From 1:00-1:41: Use lots of slow fade ins and outs of pit activity, drivers,TV crews gearing up, crowds and then cars slowly making their way from the pits onto the track.

From 1:42-2:38: You show some awesome racing action showcasing all the thrills and spills on the track.....

Yeah that's what I want to see..

The only problem is that this song and Lux Aerterna (Requiem for a Dream) are both SOO overused. I would like to hear another classical piece, maybe Rachmaninoff.

I have a feeling that dlc tracks were in the works but taking time, and now they are just being moved to forza 5 on the nextbox after upgrading their visuals and what not.

I bet you £5 they are sitting on a current gen half finished alpine raceway :(

BADNED, are you able to say if there are any reasons why a track creator couldn't be built into FM5?

I think it has been touched upon, but there are licensing problems with people using it to re-create real-world tracks without permission. it goes something like "if you can share the tracks online (which is the whole point of the system) then there has to be a system in place to prevent people from uploading ribbons that violate licensing of real tracks"....so if someone creates "Spaa-Franciscochamps" and it is laid out just like Spa IRL it is a potential legal problem.

something like that...

plus if GTs editor is any indication they will all be garbage anyway.

saladine1

I think it has been touched upon, but there are licensing problems with people using it to re-create real-world tracks without permission. it goes something like "if you can share the tracks online (which is the whole point of the system) then there has to be a system in place to prevent people from uploading ribbons that violate licensing of real tracks"....so if someone creates "Spaa-Franciscochamps" and it is laid out just like Spa IRL it is a potential legal problem.

something like that...

plus if GTs editor is any indication they will all be garbage anyway.

So where do replica race cars fit in?

Don't Turn 10 have to get permission for each car used in the game?

eso76

My friend just released this awesome video all made in game.
I think it's worth sharing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysPe_vpiBI

eh, i started doing something similar back in november, using custom camera angles and editing vids together but it would take hundreds of hours (exporting-uploading-downloading...) of work and i gave up. Even grabbing the wmv directly from a usb key (which you can do with the right software) it would still take too long, plus i do video editing for a living 10 hours a day already :)

Great video and very good editing.

Mascot

So where do replica race cars fit in?

Don't Turn 10 have to get permission for each car used in the game?
Exactly.
And know what? I'd be more than happy having a track editor with no online sharing. I'd gladly create new circuits for my own exclusive use if that's what it takes to satisfy the litigators.

Hell, online sharing could be via Turn 10 approval only. Submit a track, they vet it, they make it available for general download. Fuck it, even charge us some MS points to cover the admin. All reasons for NOT including a track creator can easily be dismissed with a little common sense.

What I think REALLY scares Turn 10 about this is the thought of people making Forza versions of Trial Mountain, Deep Forest Raceway and Autumn Ring. But again, submission by approval circumvents any issues in this regard.

Come on, Dan. Want to REALLY blow people away with FM5? Make it happen.

saladine1

That's a good point. I don't care about online. I just want to be able to make my own shit up and race against the famous Forza AI.

I'd like the means to recreate Hard Drivin's stunt track, I tried to do with Bob's Track Builder for rFactor but got nowhere.

Forza has dumb shit already, like bowling. It'd fit right in there.

Mascot

It doesn't even need to be ultra complicated. Trials HD and Far Cry 2 had incredibly powerful level creators that were a piece of piss to use.

Fuuuuuuuuck!
Just imagine being able to cook up your own FM5 tracks, test them, edit them, tweak them, test them some more, extend them, stick some rain clouds over the start/finish straight...

The only possible reason for Dan not to give us a track editor is because he fucking hates us. He wants us dead.

The Stig

It doesn't even need to be ultra complicated. Trials HD and Far Cry 2 had incredibly powerful level creators that were a piece of piss to use.

Fuuuuuuuuck!
Just imagine being able to cook up your own FM5 tracks, test them, edit them, tweak them, test them some more, extend them, stick some rain clouds over the start/finish straight...

The only possible reason for Dan not to give us a track editor is because he fucking hates us. He wants us dead.

I think that's rather oversimplified. Why doesn't every game have it?

SarBear

Thats actually a really great pack. A huge surprise after the past couple disappointing ones.

Still, not gonna buy until Turn 10 acknowledges the issue with the Porsche pack and others not being able to see the cars when racing online. They need to give me ONE little bit of evidence that they care at all about people who like to race online instead of just 'car lovers'.

That is a serious issue. Right along the lines with the STILL lingering issue with not being able to load liveries past six races and then my xbox freezing. I know I'm not the only one.

saladine1

Yes, the track list is thin and we'd love some more playgrounds, but credit has to be given to Turn 10 here for what is arguably the best list of cars ever seen in a video game.
I mean, the choices are so varied and so vast, it leaves very little room for criticism or disappointment.

Thank you Turn 10, we who are about to drive salute you!

Mascot

...arguably the best list of cars ever seen in a video game.
There's probably not even an argument. The car roster is pretty much peerless, and even without all the DLC nobody could complain about lack of variety.

There simply aren't enough circuits to drive them on though.

DasRaven

Yes, the track list is thin and we'd love some more playgrounds, but credit has to be given to Turn 10 here for what is arguably the best list of cars ever seen in a video game.
I mean, the choices are so varied and so vast, it leaves very little room for criticism or disappointment.

Thank you Turn 10, we who are about to drive salute you!

I absolutely agree. Some of my favorites aren't in the roster yet, but the range is beyond any other game. We're at 656 models & 90 manufacturers according to BADNED's list and I fully expect that we'll see an August and a September DLC pack.

Then add to that an Ultimate Collection package that could include a few more cars
(and tracks, believe!)
and we could easily reach 680 models for FM4.

Imagine a new Stig's Garage for FM4UC:
Subaru BRZ Limited
Ford Mustang Boss 302LS
Nissan #0 Highcroft Racing DeltaWing
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Porsche GT1 Evo Straßenversion

Tell me you wouldn't rebuy FM4 for that group!

G Rom

No I wouldn't rebuy it because if it's Stig's Garage Part 2 then we could have a code for it, like for the first one. :p

You can blame Sony's exclusivity for that, Liquidsnake.

And yeah the car list just keep getting more and more awesome.

Personally, there are just three types of cars that I'd like to see and that the game severly lacks : Euro hot hatches from the 80/90's, 1960-2000 race cars (Group C, Group 6, Can-Am), pre-war race cars/cars.
Of course, that's assuming we don't count open wheeler...

rvy

Banned
Soon!

Actually one of the three is pretty much free from now on! Two parties already made their deals!

BADNED always bringing in the good news and making me a happy man. The community will do some insane things with livery for these cars, hopefully.

SarBear

BADNED-

Seriously, Turn10 has to be aware of the situation with online liveries STILL not loading after a few races and causing xbox units to crash shortly after right? And the Porsche DLC issue right?

Quick question, Rival Events are the only way to get Unicorns in-game right?

Checked the list this morning and I have maybe 5 of them. Some super nice cars in there I need to get my hands on!

saladine1

BADNED, if you can answer?

Does Pirelli tyre data cover all tyres in the game?
I mean, I can understand upgraded(street,sport,race,drag) tyres getting the Pirelli treatment but how about the stock,classic,retro,production..etc cars that aren't or didn't use Pirelli tyres?

Top Bottom