• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

jcutner

I see on Major Nelson's coming soon update - we have

Forza Motorsports 4 July Car Pack

Any word on what it'll contain?

Fingers crossed for a Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86

G Rom

I see on Major Nelson's coming soon update - we have

Forza Motorsports 4 July Car Pack

Any word on what it'll contain?

Fingers crossed for a Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86

Sony still has the exclusivity on those. Although BADNED recently commented that it will expire sometime in the future.
Here is the current list of probable cars for the pack :

Hudson Hornet
Citroën ZX or Ascari KZ1-R
Sukuki Swift GTi
Citroën DS4
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
AMC Gremlin
RUF CTR2
Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
Dodge Demon or Pantera Deville or another devil-related car
Ford Mustang Boss 302

The last two are unsure and one of the car has been swapped for another one at the last minute.

The real list should be revealed in the coming hours.

Please no SLK55. We already have the previous gen in the game, we don't need a refresh.

Can't wait for dat Boss 302, though!

I am with you man, I have never been a big fan of Mercs and I just don't care about the "new" version of such a shitty car. Especially when there are some classic Mercs that we still don't have.

DasRaven

Can someone explain the purpose of the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86?
I mean, why did Toyota want Subaru's engines in their cars?

Basically:
*Toyota owns 17% of Fuji Heavy Industries, Subaru's corporate parent.
*Toyota wants to build a RWD sports car.
*Subaru wants to showcase its boxer engine development prowess, agrees to provide the engine.
*Toyota debuts the FT-86 concept and it is well received.
*Subaru decides not to be left out of the expected sales, decides to have its own model.
*Both get economy of scale benefits by building more cars.

So you have the Subby engine and suspension tuning, Toyota fuel management and styling and like many collaborations, it is better than it sounds.

But you know what'll probably be even better? Nissan's response.

saladine1

Basically:
*Toyota owns 17% of Fuji Heavy Industries, Subaru's corporate parent.
*Toyota wants to build a RWD sports car.
*Subaru wants to showcase its boxer engine development prowess, agrees to provide the engine.
*Toyota debuts the FT-86 concept and it is well received.
*Subaru decides not to be left out of the expected sales, decides to have its own model.
*Both get economy of scale benefits by building more cars.

So you have the Subby engine and suspension tuning, Toyota fuel management and styling and like many collaborations, it is better than it sounds.

But you know what'll probably be even better? Nissan's response.

Thank you for the informative response.

SarBear

Can't wait for dat Boss 302, though!

As for the question of what car and track...

Car: 2012 5.0 MUSTANG
Track: Bathurst

I am with you man, MUSTANG MUSTANG MUSTANG!

Basically:
*Toyota wants to build a RWD sports car to compete with the MUSTANG.
*Subaru wants to showcase its boxer engine development prowess, agrees to provide the engine similiar to a MUSTANG.
*Toyota debuts the FT-86 concept and it is well received just like the MUSTANG.
*Subaru decides not to be left out of the expected sales, decides to have its own MUSTANG.

So you have the MUSTANG engine and suspension tuning, FORD fuel management and styling and like many collaborations, it is better than it sounds.

But you know what'll probably be even better? FORD MUSTANG'S response.

Dead Poul knows what he's talking about!

Thank you for the MUSTANG!

Glad to see everyone is on the same page.

100%'d the event list, in typical Forza style not a single surprise, video, end credits or anything.

00hbk.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Last I checked, I think I was getting close to 10%.

And you're only level 229? Does the leveling get a lot slower after 150 or something?

Levelling up is slow now and with no credit bonus it's useless too. I can't understand why T10 would increase the cap but stop the money. One good thing about the event list is being forced to buy certain cars I'd not have bothered with, some of them turned out to be really good!

Never managed a single perfect perfect drift.

zorbsie

Saw the July car pack on major nelsons blog post. I'm not buying any more car packs. Unless this one has the Ariel Atom or the Caterham 7 I'm not buying it. I just can't give Turn 10 any more money if they won't give me a new track. New cars on the same old track is getting boring. We've only been asking for new track for 8 months, when will they get the hint. /rant.

Can't wait to see what cars are actually in the car pack.

Mascot

I saw a Mustang today on the way to McLaren, parked up in the village. Fastback shape.
Good day for cars, actually. There was an Ultimate R on the motorway, a Testarossa on a tow truck, a Zonda on a trailer, and a gazillion MP4s at HQ. Also saw them stripping down Hamilton & Button's F1 cars, close enough to touch (behind glass). There was the usual 458s, Lambos, and squadrons of AMGs in the car park too. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

Caught a cheeky glimpse of the new top secret project too, in a place I shouldn't have been.

I love that place..!

Lucky son of a...

I can be your +1 if you need company next time Mascot. I'd kill (ok,maybe not) to get a look around Mclaren HQ (especially Lewis and Buttons cars being worked on).

Considering the pack comes out in a week, I am a bit surprised we don't have an official list. Don't they usually release the trailer about now?

Levelling up is slow now and with no credit bonus it's useless too. I can't understand why T10 would increase the cap but stop the money. One good thing about the event list is being forced to buy certain cars I'd not have bothered with, some of them turned out to be really good!

Never managed a single perfect perfect drift.

Stopping the money at level 150 was a terrible, terrible decision. They should have just capped it at 100k per level, whatever.. Just something to keep you looking forward to advancing.

I got my first perfect drift just last night. Bentley Speed 8, X-class tuned, at ~340kph on a Speedway bowl event. Had some damage which unsettled it through the long sweeper, maintained a drift for basically the whole strip haha.. So, 1 now after about 150 hours.

Beaten by SarBear.

He didn't post the car list, though. What a bum.

2011 McLaren 59 GT MP4-12C GT3
1973 AMC Gremlin X
2012 Ascari KZ1R
1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
1952 Hudson Hornet
1954 Jaguar XK120
1956 Lotus Eleven
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
1995 RUF CTR2
2012 Spyker C8 Aileron

This is more my sorta pack.

1973 AMC Gremlin X
2012 Ascari KZ1R
1952 Hudson Hornet
1954 Jaguar XK120
1956 Lotus Eleven
1995 RUF CTR2
2012 Spyker C8 Aileron

<3 So good.gif

G Rom

1973 AMC Gremlin X
2012 Ascari KZ1R
1952 Hudson Hornet
1954 Jaguar XK120
1956 Lotus Eleven
1995 RUF CTR2
2012 Spyker C8 Aileron

The AMC and the Spyker are the only one I'm not too excited about, although maybe we'll get OEM body kits to make a race car out of the Spyker.
Two new manufacturers added with this pack, making the count 90 !

Edit : Beaten twice on the car list. :D

Edit 2 : Still no discount for VIPs on that pack BTW.

The AMC and the Spyker are the only one I'm not too excited about, although maybe we'll get OEM body kits to make a race car out of the Spyker.
Two new manufacturers added with this pack, making the count 90 !

Edit 2 : Still no discount for VIPs on that pack BTW.

Hoping for this too.
EDIT: And someone making this livery.

Definitely can't fault Turn10 on extra content and fan service.

Bummer about the lack of discount on these packs. Ah well.

SarBear

Hey, how close to Brighton, MI are you? If you aren't too far then we need to go check out the Lingenfelter Collection some day they have it open. In fact, we could make a small ForzaGAF thing out of it if anyone else is close.

For a quick look at what is there, check this out:

The Sultan of Michigan

And remember, this is an OLD video!

It's only about a half hour away. For the love of God bring a friend for me you stallion! LOL

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S THE HOLY GRAIL OF MUSTANGS AND PORSCHES!!!!!

G Rom

Hoping for this too.
EDIT: And someone making this livery.

Definitely can't fault Turn10 on extra content and fan service.

Bummer about the lack of discount on these packs. Ah well.

Yeah, at this point, DLC packs are becoming almost 100% fan service IMO. I mean, I don't expect a casual FM gamer to be excited about any car of this pack except the MP4-12C GT3 and maybe the SLK55.

BTW, five British cars including three classics in one pack. I hope French manufacturers will get the same treatment at some point... Give me some 57SC Atlantic, R8 Gordini, 205 T16, 106 Rally, A110, AX GTi, DS 21, etc... please Turn 10.

It's only about a half hour away. For the love of God bring a friend for me you stallion! LOL

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S THE HOLY GRAIL OF MUSTANGS AND PORSCHES!!!!!

That's what I am SAYING man! They even have a Facebook page and a website that shows all the cars this guy owns. I keep watching to see when he opens it up so I can try to make it up for it.

And of COURSE I will have a girl for ya man!

Yeah, at this point, DLC packs are becoming almost 100% fan service IMO. I mean, I don't expect a casual FM gamer to be excited about any car of this pack except the MP4-12C GT3 and maybe the SLK55.

BTW, five British cars including three classics in one pack. I hope French manufacturers will get the same treatment at some point... Give me some 57SC Atlantic, R8 Gordini, 205 T16, 106 Rally, A110, AX GTi, DS 21, etc... please Turn 10.

Yes, YES, YES!

Exactly. Gives me a bit more hope that some of the cars that keep getting mentioned here and over on fm.net might pop up before the long wait to FM5 starts!

How many more packs are we expecting? Do we know?

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

great, cars a beast

Yeah, I've always liked this behemoth. Something 'British Muscle' cool about it.

Not really enthused for many other cars in that pack, and although there are a few classics, they're just not really the ones I care about, personally.

I don't know whether or not its a geographic/demographic thing, but not many of these car packs have been doing it for me...

Give me the RX3 already (and some more Australian classics while you're at it)!

I don't know whether or not its a geographic/demographic thing, but not many of these car packs have been doing it for me...

I've never really been a follower of 'muscle' cars, Aussie or otherwise. Never done the Holden/Ford thing either, so I'm indifferent to most of that stuff. SarBear will probably kill me for saying it, but old 'Stangs, Vette's etc, just don't do it for me. I can appreciate them, but they're just not my preference.

Classic Euros, modern Euros, anything in between will get me to buy. This pack is pure candy for me personally.

saladine1

1973 AMC Gremlin X
2012 Ascari KZ1R
1952 Hudson Hornet
1954 Jaguar XK120
1956 Lotus Eleven
1995 RUF CTR2
2012 Spyker C8 Aileron

Most interesting for me but still, not 'over the moon' with this pack.

Can't wait for the August track pack DLC..

Top Bottom