• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Jube3

I sent out some more :) I might have a few more tomorrow. If you guys do some cool stuff with the DLC cars let me know (tunes, paints, replays, races etc). We're always looking for stuff to feature or spotlight.

Thanks so much, Jube!!!

Just got home, super hyped - and got allllllllllllll night to play! Will post some pics later.

EDIT: For evil_as_skeletor...

Ascari1.jpg

Ascari2.jpg

Ascari3.jpg

Thanks so much, Jube!!!

Just got home, super hyped - and got allllllllllllll night to play! Will post some pics later.

EDIT: For evil_as_skeletor...

Ascari1.jpg

Ascari2.jpg

Ascari3.jpg

I said dayum!!!

That will be so awesome to hoon around in!
If it sounds anything near the one they had on Top Gear, my ears will be bleeding!!!!!! (with joy).

EDIT: Holy crap, Jube!!! Thanks so much, thought I would have missed out by a long shot! Can't wait to give some DLC cars a thrashing!!

Had a quick blast in some of the July cars before turning in for the night. Some thoughts:

• The Lotus Eleven may well unseat the BMW 2002 as my E-class car of choice. At just over 1,000 lbs, it's comfortably the lightest car in the game, (right?), and therefore a lot of fun to toss from corner to corner. Cockpit looks cramped as hell, though, lol.

• The C8 Aileron is the surprise of the pack for me in terms of handling: instant turn-in and superb mid-corner balance. And it's a Spyker so the cockpit view is like none other: the turned aluminum dash, the exposed shift linkage, everything.

• Unexpectedly, the Vantage V600 is probably the most controllable 600 ft-lbs in the game...

• ...Whereas the CTR2 seems like the least controllable 500 ft-lbs in the game. Maybe its my lack of skill sleep, but as manageable as it is at 8/10ths, step over the line and you'll be chasing the back end and little else. Like all good 911s, then.

• Ascari was one of my most wanted manufacturers in FM4, so the KZ1R was a nice surprise. Even with the sub-Street-level tires it comes with stock, there's grip aplenty, and at S-626, there's enough headroom to throw on some slicks to make it a real contender. Now bring on the A10.

• Finally, say what you will about the street car's looks, but the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 is undeniably badass, and might be the best-handling GT3 car in the game. It carries tremendous speed through the corners and that F1 steering wheel sure is cool to look at. The Rivals event with this thing ought to be a riot.

Cheers for the code Jube.

Had a thrash of a few of my favourites.

Love the handling of the Aston.....

F0Cn5.jpg

...wait, sorry did I say handling? What I meant was lift-off oversteer!!!!

zobhT.jpg

And my gosh this car is a thing of beauty (pity about the modern style tyres though).

7487166292_4712e9e622_c.jpg

DAT ACE!!

7487166692_4f682ef54d_c.jpg

Hmmmmmm.....

7487166920_21d3fc1090_c.jpg

And the car that both looks like a cock'n'balls and sounds like a wet fart through a didgereedoo...

7487165760_8c1ca8bdec_c.jpg

But my oh my does it handle corners amazingly!

7487165266_e41f651fab_c.jpg

(ps. Sorry for the crummy compression in the pics due to the iPhone to imgur transition).

EDIT: Reuploaded the best ones to flickr, man that looks better!!!

Snubbers

Wow, Hudson Hornet and the XK look excellent..

I can't fault T10 (well, we would like 1 track pack!) for their DLC, I hear loads moaning about how each pack hasn't been individually tailored for them, but I love the eclectic mix of cars, I can't say how many times I've been happily surprised by cars I thought I'd hate..

Jube3 said:
I might have a few more tomorrow
I'll keep an eye out!

THIS PACK!!!
Best pack so far (save for the Porsche one of course) easily.

They're all pretty great cars.

I've been having lots of laughs with the little Gremlin though, damn, DAT BODY ROLL hahaha!

Gremlin2.jpg

Gremlin1.jpg

Cool shot of the tyre deformation.
Gremlin3.jpg

G Rom

The XK120 has insane body roll as well.

Very kind of Jube giving out some DLC for fellow GAFfers. How are people liking this month DLC?

Kinda want to get it but my wallet got so empty after my last pick-up ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38937429&postcount=479 )

How's everyone Event List going? I'm going to clean some races now.

First, congrats ! :)

This DLC appears to be another great one.

forza607pokju.jpg

forza60806jns.jpg

forza610ukjut.jpg

forza611axktv.jpg

forza612kfkj5.jpg

forza614m2jce.jpg

forza615d7j48.jpg

forza6130rj94.jpg

forza619mik5u.jpg

forza6213cjgv.jpg

forza618v5jx8.jpg

forza620bvkbe.jpg

forza616rvksh.jpg

Thought this one was funny :
forza617whjx6.jpg

The XK120 shows once again the superiority of using good shaders in the headlights (and as much as possible everywhere) compared to using an ugly ass texture.

THIS PACK!!!
Best pack so far (save for the Porsche one of course) easily.

They're all pretty great cars.

I've been having lots of laughs with the little Gremlin though, damn, DAT BODY ROLL hahaha!

Gremlin2.jpg

Gremlin1.jpg

Cool shot of the tyre deformation.
Gremlin3.jpg
These pictures remind me that it only took turn10 4 game versions to get proper body roll into the game, and even then it's still a little shallow a lot of the time.

I sent out some more :) I might have a few more tomorrow. If you guys do some cool stuff with the DLC cars let me know (tunes, paints, replays, races etc). We're always looking for stuff to feature or spotlight.

I assume it is too late for a DLC code? lol

Very kind of Jube giving out some DLC for fellow GAFfers. How are people liking this month DLC?

Kinda want to get it but my wallet got so empty after my last pick-up ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38937429&postcount=479 )

How's everyone Event List going? I'm going to clean some races now.

That is awesome dude! Congrats. I mean, I would NEVER get married again but its nice to see some people wiling to make such a horrible decision. (jk)

I assume it is too late for a DLC code? lol

That is awesome dude! Congrats. I mean, I would NEVER get married again but its nice to see some people wiling to make such a horrible decision. (jk)

So true, the hassle, the wedding, and everything. I am glad thats behind me for good.

I'm also assuming it's too late for DLC code :)

Decided I needed a design for my Tuned Nissan 240SX Club Car.
I decided to just stuff around with different base designs, and then just chucked some decals at it, and most stuck! I thought it looked like a bit of a DORIFTO design, so I flipped (lazy really) the opposite side as they generally do.

I can't believe I actually put this together, I surprised myself a bit!

It looks great in any colour just about, and contrasting against the grey/black and white, the more vibrant colours look amazing.

I'm glad I stayed up waaaay past my bedtime (on a school [work] night)!

If anyone wants one in a particular colour, say with a custom number, plate and name, just give me a hoy and I'll chuck one up one the SF.

What you think?

7487164976_9e503a7ae6_c.jpg

7487164370_754bf368b7_c.jpg

7487164688_57ce87d60e_c.jpg

7487164046_c8d903b6cf_c.jpg

7487163718_3481e4e980_c.jpg

7487163264_0a80cf345e_c.jpg

Awesome photos all!

G Rom, cheers for the interiors, I was going to ask if someone had done some yet! Great pics.

LOVE that livery, evil! On your storefront yet??? Nice work.

Oh and while I think of it, public thanks to H3rtz for doing those Porsche liveries too, picked both of them up last night, they look great.

Just finished up for the night. A solid 5 hours on the DLC cars haha, SO good! What a fantastic pack. Last few shots for me before bailing.

Spyker1.jpg

ruf3.jpg

mp412cgt3b.jpg

lotus2.jpg

lotus1.jpg

jag2.jpg

Hornet1.jpg

slk3.jpg

BearChair

Is that Lotus has fun to drive as it looks? Are there any body modifications available? I hope to download it when I get home from work. Although, I'm not against a DLC code, either.

Awesome photos all!

Not yet, will be tomorrow night, though.

Just finished up for the night. A solid 5 hours on the DLC cars haha, SO good! What a fantastic pack. Last few shots for me before bailing*.

lotus2.jpg

*I know, right, this is the best DLC pack in a while. Definitely made me rethink what I classify as my favourite cars...

Holy Sheeet, you made the cock car look fantastic! Great angle, is that on the uphill section on camino?

DERP, I think now that I have another look that it might be Fujimi Kaido

Another two paints are up. One simple transfer from RUF to Porsche and one brand new design, enjoy :)

DIJON Racing HANKOOK PORSCHE

7488361974_4b63a869cb_z.jpg

ARK TECH MOTOR SPORTS PORSCHE

7488361822_3ea1ac0d37_z.jpg

7488361692_f341f427e8_z.jpg

7488366176_cfc5a66c7c_z.jpg

7488361600_f78ccdee12_z.jpg

7488362158_92280506b6_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

The_Monk

Thanks G Rom and Shortt Sirket, lol.

Yeah this DLC is looking really good. Maybe too good! But I guess I won't be getting at least right now since I've spent my MSP on the release day of the Porsche DLC.

But keep those photos coming, please. Feed me, ha!

SarBear

I wasn't necessarily going to purchase this pack, but I'm VERY thankful of the present I had waiting for me. Jube, awesome bro. Just awesome. That Aston is going to deal with my wrath.

OrangeOak

Awesome photos all!

G Rom, cheers for the interiors, I was going to ask if someone had done some yet! Great pics.

Oh and while I think of it, public thanks to H3rtz for doing those Porsche liveries too, picked both of them up last night, they look great.

Just finished up for the night. A solid 5 hours on the DLC cars haha, SO good! What a fantastic pack. Last few shots for me before bailing.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/Spyker1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/ruf3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/mp412cgt3b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/lotus2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/lotus1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/jag2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/Hornet1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z67/MarvelsDeadpool/slk3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Awesome photos !

I believe that GT3 cars have more aggressive aero packages than the GT2 cars. GT3 being production-based with a few replaced body panels, under trays, etc, including full, finned diffusers, splitters and wings.

GT2 being a dumbed down version of GT1: vaguely-production based with homologation rules for chassis and engines, but that's about it. They have less power and restricted aero packages compared to the now-defunct GT1 class.

Anyone want to compare the max downforce numbers for the GT2 and GT3 cars?

Mascot

It's second only to last month's C6.R GT as my preferred weapon in R3; as good to drive as it is to look at.

Ooh, I don't have last month's pack. Worth getting?

I loved the fact that my very first race after downloading the July pack had the McLaren in it as one of the AI cars. Integration of DLC has been pretty good this time around in FM4. I wonder if technical problems with integrating DLC tracks into the career mode has been a reason that we haven't had any new circuits? Or is it really because Dan hates us and wants us dead?

I believe that GT3 cars have more aggressive aero packages than the GT2 cars. GT3 being production-based with a few replaced body panels, under trays, etc, including full, finned diffusers, splitters and wings.

GT2 being a dumbed down version of GT1: vaguely-production based with homologation rules for chassis and engines, but that's about it. They have less power and restricted aero packages compared to the now-defunct GT1 class.

Isn't the current FIA "GT1" series being run with essentially GT3 cars?

Also, with the reduced power and downforce compared to the GT1 days, I'm impressed at how the top GT/GTE teams have managed to reclaim much of the lost performance. They're now within 3-5 seconds of GT1 lap times at Sebring and Le Mans.

Anyone want to compare the max downforce numbers for the GT2 and GT3 cars?

Figures are in pounds, split front/rear:

• GT3:
  • MP4-12C: 157/367
  • SLS AMG: 317/400
  • Z4: 270/331

• ALMS 911 GT3 Cup (closest we have to the 911 GT3 R): 193/331

GT/GTE:
  • 458 GTC: 248/468
  • C6.R: 392/570
  • 911 GT3 RSR: 400/559

If GT3 cars have and aero advantage over GT/GTEs, it isn't reflected in Forza's numbers.

Ooh, I don't have last month's pack. Worth getting?

It was for me, but bear in mind that the C6.R was my single most wanted car at the time; I'd have happily parted with 560 SpaceBucks for that bastard alone.

Otherwise, the June pack isn't one of the very best ones, but there's plenty of good stuff nonetheless: the BMW 507 and MG are both lovely, the C63 Black Series is great for hooning around in, and the CTR Yellowbird is a most welcome addition to the RUF stable, as it's a murderously-yet-wonderfully tail-happy son of a bitch.

Latest photos, don't know when I'll be able to do the next ones though :

forza623izj7r.jpg

Thanks again Jube for the code. Appreciate it ! ;)

Another two paints are up.

DIJON Racing HANKOOK PORSCHE

7488361974_4b63a869cb_z.jpg

ARK TECH MOTOR SPORTS PORSCHE

7488361822_3ea1ac0d37_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

YVBG4.jpg

Man, i'm really loving this pack!

Holy shitballs you guys, simply awesome photos, and that livery HD(!!!) Jaw dropping.

Thanks for the compliments regarding my livery, too! :)

How did you go submitting the mass of TXT lists of suggestions to T10?

Any feedback?

Surely they couldn't have gone unnoticed?

Did you happen to compile one great list of all the ideas? Would love to see it.

Sucks being at work while 10 of the best DLC cars in recent memory are sitting at home unused. Argh!

Awesome photos again all!

And wicked livery HD. I saw the first (anime+Hankook) one when I was searching your store last night. Love the new one!

Holy Sheeet, you made the cock car look fantastic! Great angle, is that on the uphill section on camino?

DERP, I think now that I have another look that it might be Fujimi Kaido

Cheers!

You got it, Fujimi Kaido :)

Shaneus

Hey HD, that reminds me... did you do the original 458 that was gifted out by T10 a while back? Was driving it last night and it reminded me of a lot of the stuff you do.

Isn't the current FIA "GT1" series being run with essentially GT3 cars?

I guess they are this year! There's also the GT3 championships with 'gentleman drivers', as well as many GT3 series around the globe, know about Brazil, UK, Germany, Australia.

If GT3 cars have and aero advantage over GT/GTEs, it isn't reflected in Forza's numbers.

Hmm. I would have thought the non-crippled diffuser would have put the GT3s out ahead. The rear wing is narrower and the splitter shorter though.

*shrug*

Top Bottom