• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Hahaha, ok sorry, i thought you meant what other forums im from, lol. I live in Chile, which is GTM -4:00 (same as US Eastern Time right now).

Haha yeah bummer. Pretty much exactly the opposite to here (AU).

Will add you anyway, always good to see TT comparisons and stuff!

Forgot all about AV!

Didn't know this beautiful looking, yet horrible oaf of a car was an AV model.
Decided to 'snap it up'! (It's better to look at than actually drive IMO).

7499916232_e7f1ca2fb9_c.jpg

7499915852_6d9f0e79b3_c.jpg

Hi there!

I've been looking foward to post here for a while, i've lurking the forums for quite a time, and i registered almost 1 year ago, and now the wait is over...

A little details about me, just for the sake of info, and how i'm involved with Forza, i was the designer of the polemic BMW M1 Art Car, i own FM2, FM3 and FM4, all of them being collectors editions, with all the DLC packs downloaded, i made pics for every single car in all three games for IGCD, and besides now owning FM1 (For now) i was interested in the franchise since day 1....and i think that's enough, i don't want to sound (more) boring.

Maybe not the biggest fan out there, but a loyal one at the least. (Well, i also own GT3, GT4 and GT5, but i prefer Forza overall, i must say)

saladine1

Hi there!

I've been looking foward to post here for a while, i've lurking the forums for quite a time, and i registered almost 1 year ago, and now the wait is over...

A little details about me, just for the sake of info, and how i'm involved with Forza, i was the designer of the polemic BMW M1 Art Car, i own FM2, FM3 and FM4, all of them being collectors editions, with all the DLC packs downloaded, i made pics for every single car in all three games for IGCD, and besides now owning FM1 (For now) i was interested in the franchise since day 1....and i think that's enough, i don't want to sound (more) boring.

Maybe not the biggest fan out there, but a loyal one at the least. (Well, i also own GT3, GT4 and GT5, but i prefer Forza overall, i must say)

A whole year!?

When were those rules introduced?

Anyway, welcome to the forums and congrats on the M1 Art Car.
Have fun and most importantly, keep on requesting SpaHurst and you'll fit in just fine..

Shaneus

Yeah, surprised it's taken anyone that long to get approved (though I think it took me somewhere around that time as well maybe... but that was a LONG time ago), especially a Forza quasi-celebrity! Congrats on getting a car in the retail version of the game, too. Nice work _b

Welcome, JorgePinto!

Edit: For those too lazy (or curious, but not curious enough) here's the article about the BMW preorder cars for FM4:
FM4_1981_BMW_M1_DC_1.png

Looking at that page, though, I don't recall seeing all those cars in my garage. Need to have another look, I think.

A whole year!?

When were those rules introduced?

Anyway, welcome to the forums and congrats on the M1 Art Car.
Have fun and most importantly, keep on requesting SpaHurst and you'll fit in just fine..

Maybe i was doing something wrong, it's usual in me. Or maybe my compturer hates me.

But well, thanks for the welcome! And thanks for the M1 part as well, too bad Turn 10 modified some parts of it, that's why i made my own version in the car i bought in the game.

And don't worry, i'm always demanding SpaHurst. It's one of my classic requests since forever. Also, hot hatches from the 80s and 90s, of course. And all the remaining cars in the Forzalopnik list. More of everything!

Yeah, surprised it's taken anyone that long to get approved (though I think it took me somewhere around that time as well maybe... but that was a LONG time ago), especially a Forza quasi-celebrity! Congrats on getting a car in the retail version of the game, too. Nice work _b

Welcome, JorgePinto!

Edit: For those too lazy (or curious, but not curious enough) here's the article about the BMW preorder cars for FM4:
FM4_1981_BMW_M1_DC_1.png

Looking at that page, though, I don't recall seeing all those cars in my garage. Need to have another look, I think.

Oh, darn, i missed your post when i quoted saladine, i prefer to do just one post with all the quotes in it...

Well, thank you very much! I must say, i thought Turn 10 and BMW were just going to laugh at my car when i made the design, and when Fred emailed me saying that i was a finalist, and then a winner, i thought the world i knew before that was a lie. A very pleasant surprise, and a real honor, really.

Shaneus

That's alright! Can I ask what changes were made to your livery? And to keep the flow of conversation going, have you done any designs since? Feel free to post/pimp them here :)

That's alright! Can I ask what changes were made to your livery? And to keep the flow of conversation going, have you done any designs since? Feel free to post/pimp them here :)

Well, it's hard to explain, so here's my original design on a M6, the car i thought it was going to appear in (But i prefer the M1 after all, fits much better)

6632166607_bb263e3920_b.jpg

6632166665_c9199ab2ea_b.jpg

A pic of the M1 Art Car in-game, for comparative reasons:

6632167349_4a61d9aa52_b.jpg

The biggest differences are the stripes between the colors. They were supposed to be black, but again, i prefer them white, that was a improvement in my opinion. But they changed the color stripes as well, they had a unique design, and it's not there anymore...algo, one of the white stripes is black in the rear. A mistake, maybe. Maybe the colors looks better in the M1 because they don't have the "pastel" part in the left side...But i'm not complaining, my design is in the game and i'm glad. In fact, i think they did a good job adapting the design to the M1.

About more designs...i like to make silly replicas.

Here's the Polizia Fiat Coupe Jezza drove in Top Gear, with the real one in the background on this one:

6632166351_bbba8a79a2_b.jpg

6632166459_81cf2a1eba_b.jpg

A NYPD Caprice:

7145255931_88a1501424_b.jpg

And even a police car from my hometown:

6997431256_a765039416_b.jpg

What about an ambulance?

6999169582_d0dc7c3abc_b.jpg

A Google Street View car, minus the cameras:

7042176655_02f2972a53_b.jpg

7042176703_455078c37d_b.jpg

And finally, something that's not a replica. A improvised design for a GT3 Spec Focus ST, made in 10 minutes:

7387745070_2c731fb57d_b.jpg

Also, i like to make real looking license plates. I have plates from Spain, Germany, UK, France, Netherlands and California.

Here's the TG cee apostrophe d:

6632167603_80e01a45b5_b.jpg

Ronin's M5:

6895995576_0035c7fd13_b.jpg

Bad Boys' "964 Turbo" (Wrong spoiler, i know):

7253512720_91f8dd844d_b.jpg

Midtown Madness 2 "Gumdrop" Mini Cooper S:

7145250925_e7ed39b61d_b.jpg

Or Die Another Day's Vanquish:

6632166543_7ce841ff9f_b.jpg

I hope you like them!

JorgePinto those are amazing, well done!

And welcome by the way.

Nice work on all of them, but for some reason that Focus is the one that grabs me the most. Very nice!

Thank you!

I'm glad you like the Focus, it was a really fast design, i hadn't anything on my mind when i started it, i came up with everything as i was looking at the car.

Love the number plates.

Forza should have had them from the start.

Yes, definitely agree on that.

I would love they give us the option to add an empty license plate (2 sizes, American and Euro spec ones) and then, have the option to paint the characters on them in the livery editor, with their own separate category, for example. (like the wing, for example)

This way, at least we could add license plates to all cars, since not all surfaces are paintable. Also, in some cars half the plate is in mid-air, so you can just paint the other half on the car...

Snubbers

Love the number plates.

Forza should have had them from the start.

Can't agree more..

I make 'pocket money' in the game selling photo-realistic UK/GB/SCO type number plates in various sizes..

I'd love to see proper numberplate holders modelled, UK/US options as Jorge said would really help..

And I guess a PGR style number plate designer just to help people out wouldn't be too bad..

I'd also like a basic racing number rectangle be allowed to be placed 1 per side on a locked design.. I can't tell you how many uber cool liveries I can't use in comps because I can't put a race plate with number/small text..

shinnn

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum man! It took me almost 3 years to get approved so I feel your pain. That M1 art car is one of my favorites of the art cars and I actually like your original design better!

Welcome to the forum man! It took me almost 3 years to get approved so I feel your pain. That M1 art car is one of my favorites of the art cars and I actually like your original design better!

I'm not entirely sure, but I *think* it took me nearly two years to get approved.

Whoa! And me thinking i waited a lot...well, i'm glad we all make it, though. Worth the wait, definitely.

And of course, thank you very much as well! The next step should be applying the design on the M1, but first i want to complete more of the career, it's taking too long for me.

So with Paladin, JorgePinto, (again, welcome to GAF guys), ALAN ULTIMATE, Jamesways, and, of course, the almighty BADNED, in addition to anyone I may be forgetting, is a new Forzacentral franchise opening up here at GAF? :)

So with Paladin, JorgePinto, (again, welcome to GAF guys), ALAN ULTIMATE, Jamesways, and, of course, the almighty BADNED, in addition to anyone I may be forgetting, is a new Forzacentral franchise opening up here at GAF? :)

Thanks!

And yes, that's right, we want to convert gaffers into forzacentralers and forzacentralers into gaffers!

By our powers combined, we will reach enlightenment! (Or maybe just a better users/posts ratio)

SparksBCN

Neo Member
The wait is over for me as well, so I shall introduce myself:

I'm a friend of JorgePinto, we run a small Forza community on the most important spanish forum (www.forocoches.com). We both registered around the same time and we both are long time lurkers since mid-2009.

I'm at ForzaCentral too (I don't post that much over there), so as Spaceman Spiff said, it seems a Forzacentral franchise is opening here.

Thanks!

And yes, that's right, we want to convert gaffers into forzacentralers and forzacentralers into gaffers!

I see what you did there! Ha.

Welcome all newcomers. Yeah, I thought a year was quick when I waited a couple of years to get approved!

Some slick pics/liveries posted guys.

I love coming back to a hive of activity in this thread.

Thanks and hopefully we wont be attacked by that scumbag gator once a month haha. Its good to see you here Jorge, i dont know why it took so long for you, mine was approved in 2 or 3 days.

About the license plates, i hate them in the front of the the car but i would not mind an option in the upgrade section.

Fuck me sideways, the wonders never cease with the new GT3 McLaren. Flogging it around Silverstone in the Rivals event earlier was like entering a transcendental plane upon which understeer and excess wheelspin ceased to exist. The grip this thing has is enough to crease the asphalt, and quite possibly affect the rotation of the Earth.

As Clarkson exclaims, all too often these days, "WHAT A MACHINE!!1!"

Welcome to all the new memebers! Great to see some more for the community.
I think my approval here was about 11 months too.

OP needs a "Roll Call" or something with GT's and everyone's locations!

Thank you guys for loving my stuff, here is another reason to like it even more :D Just remember to rate it guys if you going for it ;)

7492015748_c16e333015_z.jpg

H3rTz DoNuT , can i ask you a HUGE favor? this Mclaren its one of my favorite liveries, could you by any chance make me a variation of it with the Chilean flag and if is possible with the number 40? i could give a million for it (i hope is not too low for you)
chile-flag.jpg

Thanks!

H3rTz DoNuT , can i ask you a HUGE favor? this Mclaren its one of my favorite liveries, could you by any chance make me a variation of it with the Chilean flag and if is possible with the number 40? i could give a million for it (i hope is not too low for you)
chile-flag.jpg

Thanks!

If you can wait till the weekend I'll do it for you, won't have time till then.

Charge it to Shortt Skirts. He's got all my monies.

I'm rather cheap mate, most of the time I take fish or bananas for my work, but if you can't provide me that a bucket of rocks will do :D

SarBear

I'm rather cheap mate, most of the time I take fish or bananas for my work, but if you can't provide me that a bucket of rocks will do :D

Skirts has my camping supplies as well. After losing all his monies to Ken, I'm sure he'll have no problem lugging my big, huge black rocks over to you.

Of course i can wait, that and more if you need. Thanks a lot!

Of course i can wait, that and more if you need. Thanks a lot!

No problem, I have over 20 requests like that, everyone wants to have a different number and flag on the number boards lol

Any suggestions for the next car? What do you guys want to see painted? You don't have to limit yourself to the latest DLC though, just looking for something to paint :)

Top Bottom