• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Jube3

If you guys have the pack you can get it now, it's on the storefront already.

That came out great H3rtz, good stuff.

Hey HD, that reminds me... did you do the original 458 that was gifted out by T10 a while back? Was driving it last night and it reminded me of a lot of the stuff you do.
If you mean the FM4 Pre-order livery ( I think that's what it was for), T10 Phredesign painted it.

You didn't answer my question :(

Sorry Shaneus :)

No I didn't, I don't think I even got it, cause I have no idea of what paint are talking about. The only Italia I got with paint on it was The red white with Forza #4 on it.

EDIT:

Thanks Jube, always trying to do my best :)

Shaneus

Thanks guys! It's a very Hertz-y design, but I'm glad that he finally got the opportunity to do something official :)

(Now if only we could get Jube back into the livery scene... ;) )

Edit: This one:
tt3soapzva.jpg

(also, I appear to be getting better with taking shots... guess my TV is finally almost calibrated properly!)

Thanks guys! It's a very Hertz-y design, but I'm glad that he finally got the opportunity to do something official :)

(Now if only we could get Jube back into the livery scene... ;) )

Edit: This one:
tt3soapzva.jpg

(also, I appear to be getting better with taking shots... guess my TV is finally almost calibrated properly!)

Perhaps a little bit too much sepia, but a good shot nonetheless :) now you've got me wanting to leave work to hoon around in ferraris!!!

Was it Jube or Modus that was pumping out the designs back in FM3?

Shaneus

Hm. Applying Hertz' Bunny Burkett livery to that little shitbox has brought my FM4 to a "saving changes" loop. Do I exit or wait? Which one will not fuck my save?

Edit: Didn't fuck my save (definitely running slower after going to the dash and starting the game up again) but reapplying the design causes it to do the same thing. Suspect something may be up with your design, HD! Or my save... anything's possible.

Hm. Applying Hertz' Bunny Burkett livery to that little shitbox has brought my FM4 to a "saving changes" loop. Do I exit or wait? Which one will not fuck my save?

Edit: Didn't fuck my save (definitely running slower after going to the dash and starting the game up again) but reapplying the design causes it to do the same thing. Suspect something may be up with your design, HD! Or my save... anything's possible.

I've noticed terrible slow-down lately.
I actually had an "Oh noes" moment the other day with the Saving Data loop. Scary stuff.
Makes me want to create a dummy gold account to gift all my cars and designs to just in case...

Shaneus

I don't remember... could we back up the FM4 save or not? It's been that long since I've shuffled saves around, I honestly can't recall if there were saves you couldn't back up or not (though I suspect that to avoid car cloning or what have you, it's probably been disabled for FM4).

eek5

I don't remember... could we back up the FM4 save or not? It's been that long since I've shuffled saves around, I honestly can't recall if there were saves you couldn't back up or not (though I suspect that to avoid car cloning or what have you, it's probably been disabled for FM4).

Pretty sure the Forza save is move only

saladine1

How did you go submitting the mass of TXT lists of suggestions to T10?

Any feedback?

Surely they couldn't have gone unnoticed?

Did you happen to compile one great list of all the ideas? Would love to see it.

I don't know. I think G Rom is still compiling them. Lots of work involved for sure.
I don't expect any feedback from Turn 10 though, which would be understandable. In fact, I don't need or want any acknowledgement or response from Turn 10 other than to know that they've received the doc..that's it..

I'm loving the new McLaren. The shifting effects are great and the thing feels like an invisible hand is pushing down it tenfold through the corners...grip.

I don't know. I think G Rom is still compiling them. Lots of work involved for sure.
I don't expect any feedback from Turn 10 though, which would be understandable. In fact, I don't need or want any acknowledgement or response from Turn 10 other than to know that they've received the doc..that's it..

Yeah for sure, stacks of work involved.
I think it would be good to get an official thumbs up though...
Thanks for the initiative.

saladine1

lol, I've always thought that the Hudson Hornet featured a V8 under the hood...turns out it's a 308 cubic inch 5.0 straight six :0

Mascot

I'm loving the new McLaren. The shifting effects are great and the thing feels like an invisible hand is pushing down it tenfold through the corners...grip.

Posting the full list on here (and the subsequent discussion it will undoubtedly spark) can only help, though. Especially if the legion of Beardlings are still hiding in the shadows and reporting back to the Beardmaster General.

It would be nice to get this thread out of the 'community' section and back on the main gaming pages again. I guess it was originally moved because it was all about organising online races for a while, but we'd have a lot more peripheral interest if it was returned front & centre.

Maybe someone can post the list on .net as well? OK, it's full of illiterate asswipes and self-righteous know-alls but it's probably where it'll get the most attention from bods at Turn 10.

And I agree, the McLaren has STAB* handling. I can't wait to see what some of the tuning houses come up with for it.

*shit to a blanket

amar212

After end of my Season Pass I gave a promise I will not buy a single DLC unless it have something else except cars.

I broke my promise with Porsche Expansion, but I made an oath it is the last time.

So, any codes anywhere?

I've noticed terrible slow-down lately.
I actually had an "Oh noes" moment the other day with the Saving Data loop. Scary stuff.
Makes me want to create a dummy gold account to gift all my cars and designs to just in case...

Yep, my save is starting to get pretty slow to load. Get stutter/skipping after races as it's saving now too, so it's a bit of a worry with ~160 hours+ of racing invested.

Pretty sure the Forza save is move only

And I'll never understand why.

Surely they realise some people put hundreds of hours into games like these. We should be able to back them up.

Mascot

McLaren have finally officially announced the MP4-12C Spider (stealth brag: I should hopefully get a good poke around one tomorrow at HQ) which got me wondering why we don't have more open top versions of a lot of FM4s sports cars. OK, it goes against the whole 'motorsports' ethos somewhat, but so does bowling and soccer.
Some OutRun-type races in convertibles would be very cool.

Been hit by this East Coast power outage. Haven't played any Forza in five days. Really hope I get power back tonight at my place so I can enjoy this pack. :\

saladine1

McLaren have finally officially announced the MP4-12C Spider (stealth brag: I should hopefully get a good poke around one tomorrow at HQ) which got me wondering why we don't have more open top versions of a lot of FM4s sports cars. OK, it goes against the whole 'motorsports' ethos somewhat, but so does bowling and soccer.
Some OutRun-type races in convertibles would be very cool.

Wait, you work at McLaren?

Can't wait to play with this DLC tonight!! Hopefully I can tear myself away from Dragons Dogma enough to play with these awesome new cars.

I know it has been talked about extensively before but Forza 4 really does have the absolute best car list available this generation. And I mean that in terms of how diverse and interesting the cars are. My dad loves to watch me go through all the cars so he can see the ones he used to own or the ones he wished he had owned.

I know we complain about the lack of tracks but to car guys who aren't gamers, the car list is what draws them in. They love to see the details in the cars or see how they sound/handle in the game. Pretty much every car guy I know gets into going through the car list in the game and tuning up the different cars. They don't care about tracks, most of the time they just fuck around in Benchmark.

The track list is still a valid complaint to those of us who are really into racing games or motorsports, but Dan knew what he was doing with this car list. He knows what draws in non-gamers into this game and he has done an incredible job with that.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I only have 190 spacebucks right now, so I'll just grab the Gremlin now, and get the rest when payday comes and I have the $20 to spare for a 1600 spacebuck card.

I know we complain about the lack of tracks but to car guys who aren't gamers, the car list is what draws them in. They love to see the details in the cars or see how they sound/handle in the game. Pretty much every car guy I know gets into going through the car list in the game and tuning up the different cars. They don't care about tracks, most of the time they just fuck around in Benchmark.

I've had similar experiences with friends who love cars but aren't into racing, (why they're my friends I have no idea). The car collecting aspect is the most compelling part of the game for them, and it's certainly made me appreciate the diversity within the DLC car packs.

Seemingly the only time tracks are mentioned is when quickly scrolling through the list until one that looks fun for going sideways in an El Camino shows up. I've had somebody mention he "thought the Nurburgring was longer," after selecting the GP circuit. Luckily, (for them I suppose), I know better than to gripe about how Forza's Nordschleife is rather poorly done, La Sarthe is modeled on the 2006 configuration but with the signage from 2011, (also why it's 8.48 miles long as opposed to the current 8.47), and that the Silverstone in the game no longer exists in reality.

It wouldn't make much difference.

Much as it boggles my mind that some people would hardly notice if Spa or Mt. Panorama were released as DLC, those same people are enjoying the game in their own way just fine. At this point, I've just got to shrug my shoulders. If we get a new track, great-- although after 8 months on a series with a 2-year dev schedule the window is closing fast, if it isn't already gone. If not, well, there's plenty of content to enjoy already, with more being added monthly.

However, do you hear me, Turn 10, Spahurst in FM5 day one! Or I'm
buying it anyway

BADNED

I know better than to gripe about how Forza's Nordschleife is rather poorly done, La Sarthe is modeled on the 2006 configuration but with the signage from 2011,

Dunlop chicane, Tertre Rouge, entrance to Indianapolis, Porsche curves and several other parts got the 2011 treatment as well, just for the info. The 2006 pitboxes signage was left so because of the running license.

SarBear

I finally cracked the top 100 in S Class Nurbugring Nordschleife the other day.

Feels good, bro. FEELS SO GOOD. And I know I can do at least a second faster.

Dunlop chicane, Tertre Rouge, entrance to Indianapolis, Porsche curves and several other parts got the 2011 treatment as well, just for the info. The 2006 pitboxes signage was left so because of the running license.

I stand corrected.

Indianapolis certainly is a bit different than I remember from FM3, but I wasn't aware more extensive revisions had been made to the track. It's also nice to know why the pit lane garages were left untouched while so many other things got updated. I look forward to the Forza Motorsport signage when FM5 hits. ;)

Thanks as always for the information.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
These spacebucks are costing me a small fortune theses days ;)
I hear you. I'm hoping that with all the money I spent on XBL downloads over the past few months that MS will give me a few spacebucks in return with the XBL rewards program. I need 370 to get enough to get this pack.

Thank you guys for loving my stuff, here is another reason to like it even more :D Just remember to rate it guys if you going for it ;)

7492015748_c16e333015_z.jpg

Amazing car Hertz!! its soo good, i´d would love this Mclaren to be the car "pet" of Forza like the Ford GT was the GT4 one.

Hi guys! new here as a member but an old timer reading the forum, this thread will be my house since im a huge Forza fan, they got interested in the game since E3 2004 and they caught me for sure after the demo :)

My GT is Paladin CL in case someone want to add me.

Seanspeed

Banned
I've had similar experiences with friends who love cars but aren't into racing, (why they're my friends I have no idea).
Car collecting in GT3 and GT4 is actually how I became a fan of real racing in the first place. The better I became at the racing, the more cars I could buy and modify, so I worked on that and the more I learned about it, the more it became something other than just a means to an end.

Klocker

Car collecting in GT3 and GT4 is actually how I became a fan of real racing in the first place. The better I became at the racing, the more cars I could buy and modify, so I worked on that and the more I learned about it, the more it became something other than just a means to an end.

Car collecting in Forza 4 is actually how I became a fan of real racing in the first place. The better I became at the racing, the more cars I could buy and modify, so I worked on that and the more I learned about it, the more it became something other than just a means to an end :)

I watched all 24 hours of Le Mans this year and now record every sports car race (and F1) on SPEED and it's just starting to let me appreciate and understand the sport. I love multiclass racing and all that goes with it. Never gave it a 2nd thought until FM4 hooked me a few months ago. I have played every version and never got it, always trading it in after a few weeks did the same with FM4 and then picked it up again one day just for the hell of it and something CLICKED. I was like oh shit I need to turn this off and do some actual work... went weeks being sleep deprived. ha!

oh and I now have a used corvette on my "to buy" list to go with my F-150 so I can at least pretend I know what it feels like in real life.

FM5 needs to do a better job with AI and replicating the balance of self preservation to stay in race with risk taking and make it harder to bully your way through a crowd..

Seanspeed

Banned
Car collecting in Forza 4 is actually how I became a fan of real racing in the first place. The better I became at the racing, the more cars I could buy and modify, so I worked on that and the more I learned about it, the more it became something other than just a means to an end :)

I watched all 24 hours of Le Mans this year and now record every sports car race (and F1) on SPEED and it's just starting to let me appreciate and understand the sport. I love multiclass racing and all that goes with it. Never gave it a 2nd thought until F4 hooked me a few months ago. I have played every version and never got it, always trading it in after a few weeks did the same with F4 and then picked it up again one day just for the hell of it and something CLICKED. I was like oh shit I need to turn this off and do some actual work... went weeks being sleep deprived. ha!

oh and I now have a used corvette on my "to buy" list to go with my F-150 so I can at least pretend I know what it feels like in real life.
The force is strong with this one.

I meant location-wise, heh..

I'm always keen to add people to my Forza list, but half the people I've added are US/UK based, so I've never seen them online to have a race with!

Hahaha, ok sorry, i thought you meant what other forums im from, lol. I live in Chile, which is GTM -4:00 (same as US Eastern Time right now).

About car taste, its quite varied, from exotic to musclecars to JDM cars, if I like the design i dont care much of what kind of car is, but my favorites are exotics, F40, Diablo SV and Mclaren F1 LM are my all time favorites so you can get an idea. As a racer.. sadly I cant say im a very good one, im normally Top 1% in Forza but on the track im normally in the middle of the grid which is sucks, i dont know how some people online can be SOO fast.

Top Bottom