• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

I'm loving this VW beetle. Built an F, E and A class so far.

I did an engine swap for the A class and didn't redo the springs with the new weights but it still drives pretty good. F and E class ones are real easy to drive.

Anyone got any good beetle tunes I can try out?

I'll put one up on my storefront if you like. It's one I've been using to race my mate in our club races. It grips pretty damn well and is a fun little car to drive hard.

It's D Class, tuned for grip mostly and I'll even put a paint up for it.

Let me know what you think.
Search REW138

Where you from GRENDEL?

Sorry if my reaction seemed a little harsh, but your original post triggered my normal reaction to what I perceive as further dumbing down of the FM series through the introduction of 'novelty' features that have little to do with an authentic racing experience. I'd put movie cars into that same category along with bowling and soccer. I've got real concerns about the direction FM is heading, and wait with genuine trepidation about forthcoming announcements. I'm hoping they concentrate on refining (and expanding on) the basic elements of motorsport and offer a genuine race/track day experience, but it really wouldn't surprise me if the next game was titled Forza Motorsport: Wacky World of Automobiles.

Sorry, it's something I feel very passionate about.

Likewise MASCOT, I hope I didn't seem brash back at you!

It's a cool feature I personally would like to see in a video game, and I think Forza could pull it off the best.

Maybe Forza needs an "Arcade Mode" for all this stuff....

I hope you can appreciate that I feel as passionately about FM4 as I am sure you do, but I think that Shift has it beat hands-down for the racetrack experience and feeling part of something more exciting.

FM4 seems more like a "Test Drive" of a game (forgetting for a moment that that name is associated with a terrible gaming franchise). Like hop in a Ferrari and drive it around (dodging AI traffic) then forget about it and go drive a BMW, I've never felt like I've truly owned a vehicle in World Tour and something is missing with the feeling of pride when taking your ride onto the track.

One thing I think they could do better is what happens when you tune and paint a car and take it to the World Tour race series. I mean, it looks and feels ridiculous to be driving a race specced monster against measly factory cars. That just seems stupidly pathetic.

I do understand the reasoning behind this (vehicle count and memory space for "random" vinyls), but it just ruins that SIM feeling for me.

That's why I think movie cars wouldn't really exacerbate this misdirection of the series.

I'll put one up on my storefront if you like. It's one I've been using to race my mate in our club races. It grips pretty damn well and is a fun little car to drive hard.

It's D Class, tuned for grip mostly and I'll even put a paint up for it.

Let me know what you think.
Search REW138

Where you from GRENDEL?

I'm in Alabama

I'll look for that and let ya know what I think. I'm trying to upload a movie clip to forza net but get the message "Your movie was NOT successfully uploaded to Forzamotorsport.net".

I have ports open on the router, not sure whats going on w/ that. Anyone see this problem before?

saladine1

The question is though, is Turn 10 willing to change it's formula of pick A and race at B?

Games like SHIFT and TOCA offer varying racing disciplines, career managers and mechanics, pomp and ceremony..etc that make those games feel alive and have a sense of purpose so to speak.

FM on the other hand is robotic in it's structure and execution with nothing of substance in between.

It's really a matter of Greenawalt and Turn 10 deciding on whether they want to keep the 'gamers into car lovers' theme going by offering more quirky cars and events and similar toned offerings, or to offer up the base platform they have now and then infuse it with what has to be the most logical next step in evolution....the race day atmosphere and authentic motorsport experience..

The question is though, is Turn 10 willing to change it's formula of pick A and race at B?

Games like SHIFT and TOCA offer varying racing disciplines, career managers and mechanics, pomp and ceremony..etc that make those games feel alive and have a sense of purpose so to speak.

FM on the other hand is robotic in it's structure and execution with nothing of substance in between.

It's really a matter of Greenawalt and Turn 10 deciding on whether they want to keep the 'gamers into car lovers' theme going by offering more quirky cars and events and similar toned offerings, or to offer up the base platform they have now and then infuse it with what has to be the most logical next step in evolution....the race day atmosphere and authentic motorsport experience..

Yeah, they've really got to pick a side.
I don't understand why they think Horizon will work.

I guess if they ARE going to use it to offload some novelty, then it's a good thing, but it's almost as if it might have more of a race day feel and motor racing culture than their actual SIM - based on what I've seen/heard so far.

Isn't that ass backwards?

Am I alone in this sentiment?

Shaneus

Old?

Don't know why I'm even mentioning it here... it might've expired by now (stupid US timezones) but it's still up on Xbox.com, so maybe?

Edit: Too old. Comp over. Boo.

Mascot

Speaking of career structure and race-day atmosphere:
In other news, Grid 2 was officially announced today.
Might be out before the end of the year, too.

(I'd link, but too much of a pita from iPhone).

shinnn

my new shifter knob :D

jy1ql3jiJ10Hl.JPG

edit: btw the new Fanatec website is up (sort of lol) and there's now Australia+Japan shop.

shinnn

Very nice! I meant to ask whether you'd done it yet.
Real or replica?
How does it feel in use?
Replica. Haven't tried in game yet but it feels good. Very solid. I had to fix the screws in the plastic part of the shifter though. So I don't know how long it will last.

If anyone interested, looks like they ship internationally.

http://www.brazilshopping.com/store/shiftknobs7.html

They send me a knob with 2 screw roles, the default has only one. One more minor thing is that the screws are not "aligned" with the porsche logo. But I think they could to this if I ask. Maybe I'll get another one for the sequential shifter.

Nice, but does it light up ;)

Almost got the skull with the flashing eyes but then realized I dont have a mullet or a pick up truck.
hehe.. I missed the black one. But the chrome looks good too.

bolapretaburacoporsch5veo6.jpg

The Stig

Have you ever tried to get to the front of the grid in World Tour legitimately? Like no bumps, no scrapes no corner cutting etc in a three lap or so race? It's nearly impossible with the way the AI holds ridiculous lines braking mid corner and corner exit, it's way to hard to tailgate to pass with ramming them or having them ram you off the track even if you are over a car length ahead into a turn.

It frustrates the hell out of me so much so that I feel I need to resort to poor driving etiquette measures to get to first place.

Sometimes I commend the AIs driving ability and the challenge, but then sometimes it's just rubbish and pisses me off big time.

It is a struggle to complete the World Tour "legitimately"...

This is my view. I found world tour sometimes to be tricky if I'm driving properly.

Fuck man, it took me forever to find this logo SarBear, it's gonna take me another forever to replicate it :D It's the biggest size I found lol

158069_234613196584592_2134878747_n.jpg

eso76

shocking forza fact that blew my mind.

after taking 200+ pictures i just discovered you can switch between 3 types of (rather useless tbh) vignetting.

tell me it was a recent stealth title update.
then again i've never seen anyone use a different vignetting than the default one, so maybe i'm not the only one who never noticed ?

shocking forza fact that blew my mind.

after taking 200+ pictures i just discovered you can switch between 3 types of (rather useless tbh) vignetting.

tell me it was a recent stealth title update.
then again i've never seen anyone use a different vignetting than the default one, so maybe i'm not the only one who never noticed ?

I noticed that, but again, aside from the "4-corners" one for taking engine shots in AV, totally useless. It's been there since day one.

I wish we had filters instead, like a blue filter for a certain Test Track in the UK...

Proper contrast and brightness wouldn't go astray either. I hate how much exposure you have to use to get the car showing also takes the blue out of the sky.

If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow I would finish it tonight, but since I have to go, it will be ready on Sunday. I hope you like it so far SarBear? The colors in game are accurate, not sure why are they a little off on the pictures.

7518557760_e937662649_z.jpg

7518557862_a6af9b6d16_z.jpg

7518557804_749f1fd1ee_z.jpg

SarBear

If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow I would finish it tonight, but since I have to go, it will be ready on Sunday. I hope you like it so far SarBear? The colors in game are accurate, not sure why are they a little off on the pictures.

7518557760_e937662649_z.jpg

7518557862_a6af9b6d16_z.jpg

7518557804_749f1fd1ee_z.jpg

OMG! It's........it's......BEAUTIFUL!!! I noticed to the right of the car number "09" there's a space. Looks completely perfect for the words "Dead Poul." :D

g0ipd.gif

SarBear

So I finally run a 2:04:7xx on Suzuka in the M1.........and it's dirty. Son of a fucking bitch. I think that MIGHT have been top 100.

Hi guys, do you like my Forza Collection? , i hope Turn10 sometime make a deal with Autoart or Kyosho to release a Forza scale car like the ones that Gran Turismo have.

cimg30631.jpg

Hi guys, do you like my Forza Collection? , i hope Turn10 sometime make a deal with Autoart or Kyosho to release a Forza scale car like the ones that Gran Turismo have.

cimg30631.jpg

Oh, mine's just like that!

Minus the shirt. And FM3 UC. And a second pen-drive. And all the FM1's in the pic. And the pass holder too....yup.

I guess i'll have to keep adding things to my collection. At least, FM1, in order to have all Forzas...the only thing besides the games i own is a FM4 keychain. Just that. Kind of sad.

Dear T10, I know you're hard at work on Forza 5 and I beg you, please, make the Classic Beetle look like a beast. I was really hoping for that kind of upgrades but didn't get any, please make it look like that in Forza 5, please :)

3371731749_0ecf1ddd6f.jpg

So we can run Volkswagen Beetle Fun Cup in Forza :)

dyn006_original_600_399_jpeg_2608177_6895cf8f3861ed1201438775c248e661.jpg

SarBear, I won't have enough layers to put your name in the box, I have only 3 layers left on each side :( That EuroKart logo took so many layers that there is no way to sqeeze anything on the sides of the car.

I aslo wanted you to ask something, would you mind if I put this design on my storefront? Or did you want it only for yourself?

And the paint is done SarBear I hope you like it. I made it available on the storefront so if anyone wants it go and get it before SarBear gets here and tell me to take it off :D

PORSCHE 911 SPORT CLASSIC --- CONXION EUROKART

7524686510_8b310efb6a_z.jpg

7524686372_2075542d2e_z.jpg

7524686546_fc937c804b_z.jpg

7524686430_3ded788354_z.jpg

7524686628_397f3f27e4_z.jpg

Paladin I will take care of your request tomorrow mate ;)

Cheers, HD

Shaneus

Fucking hell.

First time doing rivals in a while, and holy shit that ghost is so distracting, trying to see which line to follow but being completely unable to time the corner because they're blocking your view... holy shit.

There's no way to disable it, is there?

Mascot

Fucking hell.

First time doing rivals in a while, and holy shit that ghost is so distracting, trying to see which line to follow but being completely unable to time the corner because they're blocking your view... holy shit.

Only by picking somebody at the bottom of the leaderboards (so you are always ahead of them). Costs you money, though.
I agree, it's crazy that you can't turn the ghost off.

xam3l

Hey guys!
Finally after months of waiting my account was activated (in my Bday yay).

I hope I can be a good addition to this gaf family.
One of my favorite hobbies is producing video with forza games. I´ve seen some of my videos around this thread but I invite you all to check out my youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xamel5

Snubbers

Fucking hell.

Yeah, we need a ghost on/off assigned to a button, it's nice to be able to just switch it on occasionally on some parts of the track to guage where you are or look at the line the ghost is taking..

It was OK in FM3 when you could switch between drift/race points which also switched ghosts.

saladine1

So next week Turn 10 are unveiling the pre order program for Forza Horizon?

How about showing something substantial in terms of gameplay and features first?

SarBear

And the paint is done SarBear I hope you like it. I made it available on the storefront so if anyone wants it go and get it before SarBear gets here and tell me to take it off :D

PORSCHE 911 SPORT CLASSIC --- CONXION EUROKART

7524686510_8b310efb6a_z.jpg

7524686372_2075542d2e_z.jpg

7524686546_fc937c804b_z.jpg

7524686430_3ded788354_z.jpg

7524686628_397f3f27e4_z.jpg

Paladin I will take care of your request tomorrow mate ;)

Cheers, HD

You son of a bitch! Naw, I'm kidding, it's all good man! It's a lovely design and I'm very thankful for you to take the time and make that design! Definitely share it around! Though, I will pay you ten million Forza bucks to put a reference to Dead Poul in the description!

Just incredible, HD

amar212

So next week Turn 10 are unveiling the pre order program for Forza Horizon?

How about showing something substantial in terms of gameplay and features first?

Mainstream players do not care about any of those.

Lovers of the series will buy it day one.

Hardcore players will buy it just for the sake of interest.

No need for any real info, don't you think?

Xanadu

Banned
Fucking hell.

Fucking hell.

Top Bottom