• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

You son of a bitch! Naw, I'm kidding, it's all good man! It's a lovely design and I'm very thankful for you to take the time and make that design! Definitely share it around! Though, I will pay you ten million Forza bucks to put a reference to Dead Poul in the description!

Just incredible, HD

No problem mate, tell me what do you want me to put in the description and will do it for free :)

And the paint is done SarBear I hope you like it. I made it available on the storefront so if anyone wants it go and get it before SarBear gets here and tell me to take it off :D

Paladin I will take care of your request tomorrow mate ;)

Cheers, HD

Thanks! and nice Porsche!

Got a horrible feeling it'll be half price two months after release. A lot of arcade race games suffer that fate.

Maybe but im buying it day 1 or 2 dependind on the reviews, i have lots of faith in this game but they are still a new developer.

Jamesways

Race Pro: does it work with Fanatec wheels & pedals?

Worth getting?

Not sure about the wheel, but YES! Great selection of tracks, and some nice variety of cars. It's sure got issues, buggy as hell at times, the AI isn't the best, and definitely not the prettiest game, but IMO, the physics are fantastic. It's super cheap now too.

The tracks have serious texture too, you have to learn the bumps at certain turns (like Melco Hairpin at Macao or Graham Hill Bend at Brands Hatch), or you're right off.

I love me some SimBin physics, it's honestly my favorite racing game on console.

But I'm definitely in the minority, and I know most Forza fans hate the game, so take that with a grain of salt.

Mascot

Not sure about the wheel, but YES! Great selection of tracks, and some nice variety of cars. It's sure got issues, buggy as hell at times, the AI isn't the best, and definitely not the prettiest game, but IMO, the physics are fantastic. It's super cheap now too.

The tracks have serious texture too, you have to learn the bumps at certain turns (like Melco Hairpin at Macao or Graham Hill Bend at Brands Hatch), or you're right off.

I love me some SimBin physics, it's honestly my favorite racing game on console.

But I'm definitely in the minority, and I know most Forza fans hate the game, so take that with a grain of salt.

Seems it does work with Fanatec, according to this:

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php?topic=1652.0

I'll have to grab this I think. I'm really struggling playing the same tracks over and over again in FM4. Some variety is desperately needed!

sneaky77

race pro does work with my fanatec wheel and pedals.. Force Feedback is pretty non existant, other than that and the graphics not being forza is pretty good driving exp imo.. plus.. tracks!

Mascot

race pro does work with my fanatec wheel and pedals.. Force Feedback is pretty non existant, other than that and the graphics not being forza is pretty good driving exp imo.. plus.. tracks!
Thanks! Ordered, £5 delivered from eBay.
That link I posted has some suggested settings - might be worth a try?

sneaky77

Thanks! Ordered, £5 delivered from eBay.
That link I posted has some suggested settings - might be worth a try?

I tried a few things when I first got it but it wasn't really much, I haven't played in a while need to get back to it, will check out the link. Thanks.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
race pro is pretty awesome, but i dont find the physics as roboust as fm4's. there is some things it does better, but the overall feel isnt as convincing. pick it up for the tracks.

If any of you guys want invites to the car club, please let me or Shortt know.

i'm still here. did i get demoted? ;)

Mascot

race pro is pretty awesome, but i dont find the physics as roboust as fm4's. there is some things it does better, but the overall feel isnt as convincing. pick it up for the tracks.

I'm just looking forward to racing on some new circuits, to be honest. I'm fully expecting to be disgusted by the presentation, but I've heard good things about the driving model. For a fiver it's not a bad gamble.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm just looking forward to racing on some new circuits, to be honest. I'm fully expecting to be disgusted by the presentation, but I've heard good things about the driving model. For a fiver it's not a bad gamble.

exactly. i picked it up for about that amount a few months back. have had the most fun with the radical.

And the paint is done SarBear I hope you like it. I made it available on the storefront so if anyone wants it go and get it before SarBear gets here and tell me to take it off :D

PORSCHE 911 SPORT CLASSIC --- CONXION EUROKART

7524686510_8b310efb6a_z.jpg

Incredible!

Can't wait to grab it tonight.

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback, here a small preview of what's next in line...It's not gonna be a full replica, I will change some things ( I don't like the front on the original paint) and will add some things on my own to it :D

7531518390_36c1026dda_z.jpg

7531518462_b97f2b51bd_z.jpg

7531518550_9910abd7ed_z.jpg

SarBear

i'm still here. did i get demoted? ;)

Brutal. Hey, this time we voted. Last time it was all my idea lol

Huge shout out to evil (REW) for the Beetle that I've been chucking around tonight.

Love the livery dude, and the tune is - as you said - serious fun!

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg

beetle3.jpg

beetle4.jpg

beetle5.jpg

beetle6.jpg

Definitely need to get that thing up on the Storefront mate! Cheers again.

that floating grass by the rear tire :(

also yeah i wish matte was an option on all cars (including partial matte/matte livery shapes) .. oh well maybe in F5

XXMdx.jpg

Man, you're right. Didn't notice that. Luckily the very intrusive Forza logo covers a bit of it :-(

Huge shout out to evil (REW) for the Beetle that I've been chucking around tonight.

Love the livery dude, and the tune is - as you said - serious fun!

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg

beetle3.jpg

beetle4.jpg

beetle5.jpg

beetle6.jpg

Definitely need to get that thing up on the Storefront mate! Cheers again.

Awesome shots man, glad you like it!

I will put it up on the storefront in that version right now. The tune is still there.

Awesome shots man, glad you like it!

I will put it up on the storefront in that version right now. The tune is still there.

Nice job.

Have you done any tutorials or anything before delving into the livery editor? Any tips on where to start? I'd really love to learn how to use the editor properly and begin churning out (decent) designs of my own. So far my attempts have been... Lackluster.

Nice job.

Have you done any tutorials or anything before delving into the livery editor? Any tips on where to start? I'd really love to learn how to use the editor properly and begin churning out (decent) designs of my own. So far my attempts have been... Lackluster.

You're probably barking up the wrong tree a bit asking me on this topic, but I can give you pointers here n there.

HD is the man you want to get tips from, he is the master!

If you want, I think Hertz wrote a little back a few pages when I asked him, he seems pretty open to questioning...

I would feel bad trying to push my limited knowledge like as if it were gospel, I don't think I'm that great at it. I draw a LOT of inspiration from HD.

But thanks for appreciating my efforts.

Basically; what Hertz said to me was to pick one, two or three 'main' sponsors and pick some colours that will make up your base design.

Keeping in mind where to place you main sponsor decals,

Start with a basic base design which you can edit as you go on. A lot of good designs just use a simple base. Though HDs are in another realm when it comes to that.

Then it's just a matter of having some creativity in placing smaller sponsor decals.

Hertz will tell you to ALWAYS use yellow :)

zorbsie

You guys are killing it with those liveries. I told myself to not buy any more DLC for this game. But you are making it hard not too. Those Beetles looks fantastic.

You're probably barking up the wrong tree a bit asking me on this topic, but I can give you pointers here n there.

HD is the man you want to get tips from, he is the master!

If you want, I think Hertz wrote a little back a few pages when I asked him, he seems pretty open to questioning...

I would feel bad trying to push my limited knowledge like as if it were gospel, I don't think I'm that great at it. I draw a LOT of inspiration from HD.

But thanks for appreciating my efforts.

Basically; what Hertz said to me was to pick one, two or three 'main' sponsors and pick some colours that will make up your base design.

Keeping in mind where to place you main sponsor decals,

Start with a basic base design which you can edit as you go on. A lot of good designs just use a simple base. Though HDs are in another realm when it comes to that.

Then it's just a matter of having some creativity in placing smaller sponsor decals.

Hertz will tell you to ALWAYS use yellow :)

You're definitely understating your ability (I could post some of mine for comparison, but I'm too ashamed).

Thanks for the tips though!

Fuck Yeah :D

I will try to find my old post -DeadPool- but if I can't find it, I'll write something later on ;)

Yellow/Black/White, am I right?! hehe...

No dramas mate, I'll have a look back through the thread now anyway. Cheers!

You guys are killing it with those liveries. I told myself to not buy any more DLC for this game. But you are making it hard not too. Those Beetles looks fantastic.

Bit the same. I never intended on grabbing all the packs, but with the liveries/body kits/tunes that people have up for the DLC cars now, especially the liveries appearing in here, I've ended up grabbing all the recent packs now.

Only one I don't own is the December IGN pack!

It's always nice to throw a few logos of the companies from the country that the main sponsor is and what country the paint represent. Can be anything from clothing, restaurants, cell phones, construction etc. Just google some companies and choose the ones that fit the paint the best. Besides that you can throw a tire sponsor, fuel supplier, brakes, suspension, seats, wheels companies etc. If you doing this paint for some existing race series put the series stickers as well.

It's the part of painting that takes most time. Looking for sponsors that work with the paint and replicating the logos :)

It's always nice to throw a few logos of the companies from the country that the main sponsor is and what country the paint represent. Can be anything from clothing, restaurants, cell phones, construction etc. Just google some companies and choose the ones that fit the paint the best. Besides that you can throw a tire sponsor, fuel supplier, brakes, suspension, seats, wheels companies etc. If you doing this paint for some existing race series put the series stickers as well.

It's the part of painting that takes most time. Looking for sponsors that work with the paint and replicating the logos :)

Good tips Hertz, I'll have a quick google later on! Thanks very much.

How "heavy" are peoples save games for FM4?

I deleted a whole load of photos and all my replays and movies last night to try and reduce loading times (and hopefully reduce the risk of losing my save). Next will be pointless designs (that means yours are safe HD) and vinyls groups....

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Also, how many kB/MB would a 'full layered' car design be?

How "heavy" are peoples save games for FM4?

I deleted a whole load of photos and all my replays and movies last night to try and reduce loading times (and hopefully reduce the risk of losing my save). Next will be pointless designs (that means yours are safe HD) and vinyls groups....

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Also, how many kB/MB would a 'full layered' car design be?

Let us know how you go with this, and if load times/save times are improved.

Do you get the stutter/framerate dips when it saves after a race?

I'm sure it's the liveries; I must have ~200 downloaded liveries now as I paint pretty much everything. You can delete the downloaded content and it still stays applied to the car right?

Thanks for great pictures -Deadpool- much appreciated buddy :)

evil_as_skeletor, I'll let you know when I get on xbox, but I think my save is pretty heavy lol

Thank you Seanspeed, but if it wasn't for SarBear I wouldn't make it ;)

If you guys don't mind I need nationality of SarBear, ShortSirket, evil_as_skeletor, and one more person that wants to be on the Beetle when it's done :D

Top Bottom