• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Thanks for great pictures -Deadpool- much appreciated buddy :)

evil_as_skeletor, I'll let you know when I get on xbox, but I think my save is pretty heavy lol

Thank you Seanspeed, but if it wasn't for SarBear I wouldn't make it ;)

If you guys don't mind I need nationality of SarBear, ShortSirket, evil_as_skeletor, and one more person that wants to be on the Beetle when it's done :D

uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯɐ ı

He he he

Been a real busy week for me so far but today before leaving for a grueling shift at work something came for me in the post...

Wireless speed wheel.

Finally bought one after all this time, looking forward to using it in this and dirt 3 come friday and the weekend.

SarBear

evil_as_skeletor, I'll let you know when I get on xbox, but I think my save is pretty heavy lol

If you guys don't mind I need nationality of SarBear, ShortSirket, evil_as_skeletor, and one more person that wants to be on the Beetle when it's done :D

I'm your average American. Detroit raised lol

DAVBAT

Neo Member
hertzLiv1.jpg

hertzLiv2.jpg

hertzLiv3.jpg

Nice work with this one too, H3rTz. Looks awesome in motion.

Great pics...and really nice paint h3rtz!

I am from the US in the boring state of Indiana!

DAVBAT

Neo Member
Thanks man!

wife made me sign off when I was trying to take a side shot :S I got a old dark one tho..

Wait found another this one was newer

I hate retailer-specific bonuses. Now I have to decide between a 458 and a Virage.

Granted, they'll probably release them as DLC as few months after the game comes out, but it's still annoying.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I hate retailer-specific bonuses. Now I have to decide between a 458 and a Virage.

Granted, they'll probably release them as DLC as few months after the game comes out, but it's still annoying.

definitely. this is a fairly easy choice for me though, so ferrari 458 if i can manage it (please be amazon).

The_Monk

Yesterday I was racing and when cornering I took a huge hit from other driver (in the Event List) my car got huge damaged, the game froze and the controller couldn't stop vibrating.

I had to reset my 360, not even clicking on Xbox home button worked. Ever happened to anyone?

Looks like I'm pre-ordering at Gamestop, then. Need me that 458.

Whether it's the LCE or not depends on the price and the included cars.

Oh, and if being a VIP will, or will not, suck. FM4's VIP was more worthwhile than FM3's, (though I hope the Porsche Pack wasn't the only one "eligible" for a discount...), so if they can build off that for Horizon, I'll be pleased.

Yesterday I was racing and when cornering I took a huge hit from other driver (in the Event List) my car got huge damaged, the game froze and the controller couldn't stop vibrating.

I had to reset my 360, not even clicking on Xbox home button worked. Ever happened to anyone?

Stuff like that has happened but not often.

I get lockups when idling in menus and sometimes the steering wheel, pedals or shifter will spaz out.

The_Monk

Stuff like that has happened but not often.

I get lockups when idling in menus and sometimes the steering wheel, pedals or shifter will spaz out.

Thanks for answering, that was the first time it happened. What's been happening a lot more lately is slowdowns after finishing a race while it says "saving" but that's because I play this too much I guess.

SarBear, Conxion Porsche got T10 pick :)

The Bug will be ready today guys, done with all the logos and stuff, just have to check the paint if everything is correct and will let you know once it's up ;)

Mascot

Does anyone know how many DLC car packs we have left to come?

I'm getting very nervous about the low number of Karmann Ghias in this game.

Im really annoyed and pissed off about the the pre-order exclusivities, im your freaking costumer Turn10 why do i have to be punished by my game not having 2 of those 3 cars that im really like??
With Forza 4 they did the same crap (and i hated them for it) but atleast the cars werent that important and we had similar versions in the game but in this case is even worse, thanks to this im really doubting about the collectors edition.. maybe i´ll get it used because i dont want to support these kind of tactics.

SarBear, Conxion Porsche got T10 pick :)

The Bug will be ready today guys, done with all the logos and stuff, just have to check the paint if everything is correct and will let you know once it's up ;)

Congrats for the T10 pick!

Here's the finished Collector's Edition 370Z...can't be bought...only won in battle ;]

]

Amazing!

Gudenhigh

Neo Member
Hey, finally made it through the filter! Been racing for a few months with some guys in GAF. Anyway I could get an invite on Live? My username is Coch1se

Look Ma, I got a Bug! :D

Ready and up on the storefront, downloads and good ratings more than welcome ;)

VW BEETLE --- VW FUN CUP, SPA 25 HOURS

7553174322_fa682c5e80_z.jpg

7553174136_49f203065b_z.jpg

7553173940_6eeb370f90_z.jpg

7553174034_63549ae6a7_z.jpg

7553173802_04a8cd274f_z.jpg

7553173862_e61c71148d_z.jpg

7553174268_0d49eda038_z.jpg

Sorry guys, didn't have enough layers to put the names on the car, that Woodfox Autographs took way too many layers, next time.

Sorry guys, didn't have enough layers to put the names on the car, that Woodfox Autographs took way too many layers, next time.

Golf godmode, that's awesome HD!!

Are the black 'nostrils' part of a kit or did you make them from scratch.

How do you pump these out so quickly, you seem to make all the sponsor decals from scratch each time too.

Do you have a alternate space/time or something? Because its seems like any mere mortal would need more than 24hours in a day to produce stuff like this...

Golf godmode, that's awesome HD!!

Are the black 'nostrils' part of a kit or did you make them from scratch.

How do you pump these out so quickly, you seem to make all the sponsor decals from scratch each time too.

Do you have a alternate space/time or something? Because its seems like any mere mortal would need more than 24hours in a day to produce stuff like this...

I made the nose vents lol

Yeah, most of the time I have to do everything from scratch, like the Beetle, didn't have a single logo for it. The logo making isn't really a problem, it doesn't take much time to make a logo anymore. Every time I see a logo I already see it build from shapes (yeah you get that when you paint too much lol) and that makes it super easy to do.

There are certain types of logos I don't like to make, like the Woodfox Autographs, handwriting usually takes too many layers, especially if you want to make it without masking layers.

As for the time, I usually paint at night, couple hours during the week and longer sessions during the weekend if I don't have to work ;)

Nice Bettle!!!

Hey H3rTz , any luck with the Mclaren?

I have the flag done some time ago, but I'm still looking for some pictures of FIA GT1 cars with the numbers on the boards that you requested, I want them to be accurate, will do more search tomorrow ;)

Have a great night guys, HD out ;)

I have the flag done some time ago, but I'm still looking for some pictures of FIA GT1 cars with the numbers on the boards that you requested, I want them to be accurate, will do more search tomorrow ;)

Have a great night guys, HD out ;)

Wow, thats dedication, thanks a lot for your time!

Dave_6

Amazing as usual! I don't know how you do it!

Just having a blasty blast in some Hertz mobiles on the limited selection of photogenic circuits (finally got around to buying the cars that go with these awesome liveries).

7555836666_d85707f4c0_c.jpg

7555838246_1652284072_c.jpg

7555837298_04259123bf_c.jpg

7555837954_f9ce4967f6_c.jpg

7555837570_e9561b2002_c.jpg

7555837092_3b260b61a8_c.jpg

7555836870_4df785daed_c.jpg

DAVBAT

Neo Member
Cool shots! And the new beetle looks nice too..

Holy shit balls. That's ridiculous. How freaken long would that take....?

It took me weeks!! Some of the quick guys that have time to burn could prob do it in a couple hours tho..

So what is this competition you speak of? I must have missed it?

Here's the link on fm.net...if you don't have an account there and want to enter you could pm me..

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/5524879/ShowThread.aspx

I'll try to sum up real quick...it seems complicated at first but its not. It's a little bit like a rival challenge. There are 3 ways of winning...head to head challenge, hot lap shoot out, or photo comp. We are currently having ppl race on Road Atlanta Full. We have two cars on the Auction House. Nissan Silvia and Lexus SC300 both B class tuned to be hundreds of the sec from another. To win the 370Z you would buy the Silvia I posted earlier. Go to Road Atlanta and post your best clean lap time, save replay and notify me of the time. Then I would pit you against someone that has a lap time close to yours. Choose which you want to enter:

Head to head battle...you would have to race your rival online and win 2 out of 3 times.

Hotlap shootout...you and your rival have a week to have the lowest time possible.

Photo comp...I choose one winner a week. Best photos win...but one photo must have both Silvia and SC300 in it.

For those that win in the SC300 I am still working on the Collector's prize.

Hope that makes sense! I'm really bad at explaining things..

Cheers DAVBAT.

Have you got many designs on your Storefront?

One more...well two, and yes they are similar, but I couldn't decide which one I liked best.

7556031248_db689bd89c_c.jpg

7556031608_c645b591ec_c.jpg

With the photo slider settings, does anyone think that "FOCUS" does sweet F.A?

Also, I cleared out a whole heap of unwanted junk from my Forza save file and this seems to have de-bloated it a bit, but I wouldn't say it's had an outrageous effect on load times, but at least it's a bit more spacious.

Something else that is bothering me is that I seem to be getting random disconnections from XBL recently (last couple of months). It's a pain. I did a quick google search and aside from this being quite a common thing since the latest update (of course) someone mentioned that there may be corrupted data stored on your HDD. Even after performing the cache clear etc.

Sure enough, there were a few incomplete files, a few corrupted files and a lot of unknown files that were sitting there. So i performed a manual 'defrag' and cleared them from my HDD. Not sure on the effect, if any on FM4 loading and general system stability, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Don't know if anyone else is having issues (I know a few of us were experiencing a few recently), but this might be something to check.

DAVBAT

Neo Member
Cheers DAVBAT.

Have you got many designs on your Storefront?

No I don't sell anything on the Storefront anymore...way too many hackers out. Its a little harder to hack the paints when you don't have the livery file. My paints can be found in the Auction House. I know T10 is doing a great job banning the hackers but that doesn't remove the paint from the hacker. It takes me way too long to finish a paint just to have a hacker steal my work in less than a few minutes!

BTW I like pic #2...both look realistic tho. Nice work!

Damn, all of you guys are absolutely KILLING with these liveries!

And anyone else Pre-Order Horizon and not get a code for Challenger? I went to GameStop today and they said they had nothing about the codes. Didn't print on the receipt and they had no cards or anything with the codes. Anyone know what is going on?

SarBear

Damn, all of you guys are absolutely KILLING with these liveries!

And anyone else Pre-Order Horizon and not get a code for Challenger? I went to GameStop today and they said they had nothing about the codes. Didn't print on the receipt and they had no cards or anything with the codes. Anyone know what is going on?

The chick. Spill it. NOW

Edit:

Just a FYI, I finally got contacts today after not having the money to for the last.....4 years. I've been nearly blind, real talk. Man, the pictures in this thread are AMAZING now that I can see clearly. I can't even imagine what Forza looks like on this tv. I'm afraid to fire it up and set better lap times.

Top Bottom