• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

The chick. Spill it. NOW

Edit:

Just a FYI, I finally got contacts today after not having the money to for the last.....4 years. I've been nearly blind, real talk. Man, the pictures in this thread are AMAZING now that I can see clearly. I can't even imagine what Forza looks like on this tv. I'm afraid to fire it up and set better lap times.

Ha ha ha, that's an amazing story!
You picked Shortt's new avatar though.... At least we know where you're allegiances lie...!

Does anybody have any cool tips for creating sponsor decals? I seem to be only able to recreate very basic ones...

Snubbers

Does anybody have any cool tips for creating sponsor decals? I seem to be only able to recreate very basic ones...

I used a cheap Dazzle USB Video device to capture the Xbox SD output in a window on the PC and overlay a transparent window with the logo I wanted to recreate. It's a common but 'techie' solution to pixel perfect logo's..

Of course, if you have the skills you don't need such 'help' but some of us aren't so gifted!

I keep thinking about getting a HDMI capture device for this and getting quicker screen shots etc..

xam3l

Just having a blasty blast in some Hertz mobiles on the limited selection of photogenic circuits (finally got around to buying the cars that go with these awesome liveries).

7555837954_f9ce4967f6_c.jpg

7555837570_e9561b2002_c.jpg

I love this livery. Much better than the stock one.

I used a cheap Dazzle USB Video device to capture the Xbox SD output in a window on the PC and overlay a transparent window with the logo I wanted to recreate. It's a common but 'techie' solution to pixel perfect logo's..

Of course, if you have the skills you don't need such 'help' but some of us aren't so gifted!

I keep thinking about getting a HDMI capture device for this and getting quicker screen shots etc..

That's a good one, but I'm not that techy nor can I afford a capture card.

Me, I use my Iphone rest it on my lap and just bring up a logo and try my best to recreate it. It's definitely not perfect!

I have trouble using the best shape for the job most of the time, I can't seem to use anything other than the square and the ellipse shapes or the standard fonts.... Lol

BTW I just noticed that the front wheels turn a different angle each time you go to Garage Photo Mode.....
Cool touch, but why isn't this a manual thing...?

Hey evil_as_skeletor, I sent you some mini logo packs, not sure if I sent them before, if I did, then delete all the old ones before saving the new ones, there are some new packs in there. If it's too late, then remove them completely and I'll send everything again.

Cheers, HD

Hey evil_as_skeletor, I sent you some mini logo packs, not sure if I sent them before, if I did, then delete all the old ones before saving the new ones, there are some new packs in there. If it's too late, then remove them completely and I'll send everything again.

Cheers, HD

Ha, yeah you sent me some before but I didn't want to use them too much and especially not if I wanted to upload them to the SF.

Cheers Hertz!

Oh mate, that's what they're for, so you (or anyone) can use them on your own designs to speed things up, learn how to work with shapes etc. And you can surely use them on your storefront paints as well, there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh mate, that's what they're for, so you (or anyone) can use them on your own designs to speed things up, learn how to work with shapes etc. And you can surely use them on your storefront paints as well, there is nothing wrong with that.

Thanks!
I won't abuse it though.

I made some local logos for my Suzuki design too and made a few changes to the base.

4yDgZ.jpg

Hard to see but I made the Coopers Ale logo, Australian made, NAB bank and Sidchrome tools. Will make some more to fill some more spaces. Good advice.

EDIT: Ha ha, whoops! I forgot to attach the picture!

I've no idea man, same thing on fm.net, slow as hell. Storefront isn't much different, things gets barely any downloads. It's like some awesome game came out and everyone moved on and we don't know about it lol

The paint is looking fresh evil_as_skeletor, I like the yellow :D Seriously it's nice to see you doing your own logos, the more of the less common logos you have on the car the better paint will look like ;)

saladine1

Whats happened to this thread?
Seems like everyone has gone missing over the past few days.

Car DLC burnout.

People have all these wonderful cars to play with but are getting very tired of playing on the same old arenas...I know I am..

Slow Forza Horizon news, slow Forza..eh...5 news, slow everything.

Only SpaHurst will bring this thread back from the slow death it's experiencing...that or a picture of a naked chick..

SarBear

Car DLC burnout.

People have all these wonderful cars to play with but are getting very tired of playing on the same old arenas...I know I am..

Only SpaHurst will bring this thread back from the slow death it's experiencing...that or a picture of a naked chick..

You've come to the right person.

I asked if anyone was interested in a TransAM series, but no takers.

Let's rock.

Car DLC burnout.

They better start putting out some info on Horizon. According to the Nielson holiday interest thread, Need for Speed is a top 10 desired game while Horizon doesn't show up.

Which is a shame because I picked up NFS hot pursuit to see if my bias against it was off and....

BGMmQ.gif

Its basically this in game form.

Just a mess of automatic only, stupid drifting, horrible crashing, and a bunch of space but a little amount of road.

Yuck

I picked up NFS hot pursuit to see if my bias against it was off and....

BGMmQ.gif

Its basically this in game form.

Yuck

Ha ha! That's fantastic.

You're right too Saladine, there has been some serious DLC overload to draw interest! - that and the SpaHurst comment.

I just like to come here to see people's new liveries and photos. Been a bit slow lately on that front:-(

Crude, what are the details on the Trans Am Series? And what times and days do you race?

You've come to the right person.

OK Sarbear, deliver...

If you guys are bored of that FIA GT McLaren I made, then I'm gonna have a new one ready soon, this time for ALM Series. Nothing crazy though, just a simple design, the series stickers take way too many layers to go crazy with it, on the other hand ALMS cars aren't too crazy looking either :D

So here is something new, it's done and up on my storefront, and yes it's yellow again :D Hope you like it at least a little bit ;)

Cheers, HD

7572828900_72fffb7bf3_z.jpg

Whoa! Dude.

Love it. Actually like the falcon on the side the best and that awesome pattern on the roof.

Yellow is the king of colours I guess.

EDIT:
Picked it up and my god does it look awesome. The whole package looks amazing and so much like a livery from that class of racing. Do you happen to have an R3 tube for it? I've just discovered how awesome the event list is and want to use it there.

1grPo.jpg

d9f9C.jpg

Here you can see how boring the original livery is in comparison.

zOxDy.jpg

j8nhL.jpg

Guys, I think I need/want to delete and re-download my GT profile as I feel it may be clogged with crap/corrupted.

My Xbox keeps popping up with "The connection to Xbox live has been lost...." and this is what is persistently booting me off live.

I've read a few similar cases lately and the main suggestion is to delete and re-download the profile.

My question is; has anybody else done this and will I lose anything in the process? I REALLY want to try this but REALLY don't want to lose my FM4 save games or break anything associated to them.

Please, I trust asking you guys rather than asking random trolls in a new OP/thread...

Jamesways

Guys, I think I need/want to delete and re-download my GT profile as I feel it may be clogged with crap/corrupted.

My Xbox keeps popping up with "The connection to Xbox live has been lost...." and this is what is persistently booting me off live.

I've read a few similar cases lately and the main suggestion is to delete and re-download the profile.

My question is; has anybody else done this and will I lose anything in the process? I REALLY want to try this but REALLY don't want to lose my FM4 save games or break anything associated to them.

Please, I trust asking you guys rather than asking random trolls in a new OP/thread...

Hah! Yeah, that's what I just went through when mine was corrupted. DO NOT do like I was originally told and "Delete Profile and Items", that wipes out all of your saves.

Just delete the profile by itself and recover it from MS and you should be fine.

H3rTz, that looks fantastic.

Love that new Mclaren too, im going to download it too.

I think the MP3-12C GT3 would look amazing with a livery like this:

2004acuransxmobil1actua.jpg

If you want I can make you one like that, a few minutes of work :D

I was thinking about making this livery for Porsche, but it looks like it's gonna be shitload of work to pull it off :)

2004LM81_mod.JPG

If YOU want to do it sure, how do you think it would look on the Mclaren?

Almost done, one more logo to make. Do you want the retro number boards or the modern ones? In my opinion modern boards look much better since the McLaren is a modern car ;)

Going to make this one now and when it's done the paint will be ready...

7159633_1_l.jpg

saladine1

If anyone's played the SHIFT series, they would know that SMS offered the option of pre painted liveries for the cars in the game. It was a brilliant idea.

I propose that Turn 10 hire Hertz to do the same thing for FM5. That is, pre painted fantasy racing liveries as an option for the lazy or untalented.

Yes, you can buy designs online but for those who don't go online, it will be a Godsend.

I primarily play offline and at work, and the best I can come up with is a line across the side of the car and a Bridgestone decal on the door or something. The amount of times I wanted my car to look like a race car but couldn't made me a very sad boy....think about it Turn 10..

SarBear

Almost done, one more logo to make. Do you want the retro number boards or the modern ones? In my opinion modern boards look much better since the McLaren is a modern car ;)

Going to make this one now and when it's done the paint will be ready...

7159633_1_l.jpg

Did you get the PM that I sent you?

Did you get the PM that I sent you?

Yes I did and will take care of that rather sooner than later, can't tell you exactly when but will do my best no to keep you waiting.

Paladin, the paint will look pretty much like this. The only thing left to do is the proper umber and one more logo. Now, the question is, do you want to keep it all clean white like the original or do you want me to leave it as it is on the pictures with light grey Mobil one Pegasus logo on it, it's up to you.

7577931336_a10528465a_z.jpg

7577931474_c2fc8ede8f_z.jpg

7577931162_1126da35b7_z.jpg

Hah! Yeah, that's what I just went through when mine was corrupted. DO NOT do like I was originally told and "Delete Profile and Items", that wipes out all of your saves.

Just delete the profile by itself and recover it from MS and you should be fine.

Thank you so much for the reply.
I'll give it a go tonight and hopefully sort this crummy issue out.
As long as it won't break any Forza file associations....

Also, Hertz, that Mobil 1 Mclaren looks nice and neat. I like the simple scheme. Wicked job.

What light grey? to me looks awesome like that! , by the way, about the other Forza 4 Mclaren, I´ll be happy with any kind of number or 24 if you dont have the other, i dont mind at all :)

It's very subtle.
When you see it......
(rear quarter and bonnet/hood rhf)

Good news everyone!
I deleted and re-downloaded my profile to my console (profile only) and nothing bad happened! I'll hopefully have no more "lost Xbox live connection" problems, fingers crossed!

Ohh i cant believe i missed that. I´d like to have both versions if possible (with and without), neither would look bad but im sure i will like one better than the other.

Personally, I think the grey Pegasus version is the best, adds just enough to be a shade different from the Honda.

(I didn't see it the first time either!)

Hey Hertz (and everyone else FTM), thought you might appreciate this one: NICK MOSS DESIGNS

I know I'll be having a good look.

dokish

Banned
After losing my NFS Shift save and playing the shit out of split/second...

This game is still worth buying or should I wait for Forza Horizon?

I'm no hardcore racing fan, and I'm kinda lost... This game seems to have A LOT of DLC. Will I miss something by not buying them? There's some car pack or track pack that is worth it?

After losing my NFS Shift save and playing the shit out of split/second...

This game is still worth buying or should I wait for Forza Horizon?

I'm no hardcore racing fan, and I'm kinda lost... This game seems to have A LOT of DLC. Will I miss something by not buying them? There's some car pack or track pack that is worth it?

This game is still worth picking up. The online community is still pretty active. The DLC is just to preference. You will be perfectly fine without them. You can buy most of the cars by themselves so if there is a specific one you want you don't have to get the whole pack.

And it's done and up on the storefront guys. If anyone likes it make sure to grab it as son as you can cause It will be up only for a few days.

7580229304_71b90cc478_z.jpg

7580229114_40aec3596e_z.jpg

7580228996_e7ee227e76_z.jpg

7580229228_693e1d18e5_z.jpg

7580229410_22e769e8bb_z.jpg

And it's done and up on the storefront guys. If anyone likes it make sure to grab it as son as you can cause It will be up only for a few days.

7580229304_71b90cc478_z.jpg

7580229410_22e769e8bb_z.jpg

Amazing!
Grabbing as soon as I put the baby to sleep!

Hey HD, any chance this might make it onto your "to-do-list"???

http://nickmossdesign.com/portfolio_wta_FERNANDEZ.htm

9crWb.jpg

Perhaps on a WRX STI hatch or something...you choose the car?!

A whole heap of artistic license is absolutely a must! :-D

Only if you think you've got time and this isn't too much to ask.

Top Bottom