• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Thanks mate, I tried to look for it everywhere and nothing. I can find the lions no problems but none of them look exactly like this one. There is a new logo on Fiskens website now so is no go again, I sent them an email so maybe they'll send me one :)

Here is another shot, just started the top of the car, finally is coming together, but I'm still not sure if I'll have enough layers to pull it off, in worst case I'll have to change some things to make it work.

7619601004_8730716eb7_c.jpg

Got to go and get some sleep lol Cheers guys, have a great night :)

Yeah I tried having a google for you but I came up short too. Loved looking at the cars for sale on his website (DAT XJR-19!!).

Looking absolutely amazing though.

You saying you contacted them made me think how many actual race drivers play this game and get to see these replicas. I reckon that would be a pretty cool thing seeing your car's livery replicated by pretty well anonymous gamers and car enthusiasts.

You should mention the game to him...

Yay! Finally broke level 50!

Got this bargain from the AH.
For 8,000 clams!
YIUvN.jpg

This Porsche paint is the same nightmare all over again as Total Benefit Ferrari was in FM3, took me forever to finish it. I might actually bring it back on the Italia in the near Future, I'll see how much work I'm gonna have to transfer it :)

Here is the car that was my nightmare...

GT073-011.JPG

Here is the last update... It's almost done... I'm fighting with layers really hard now...

7627087006_e8d343cb23_c.jpg

I won't to post WIP pictures anymore, next session will be with the final paint but if anyone wants to fallow the making progress, I'll be uploading WIP pictures and replays with the progress on my storefront. There is already one replay, so you can check it out guys if anyone is interested in this.

Thanks and Cheers, HD

microtubule

Looking forward to that HD! Still appreciate that million-ton of credits you gifted to me so I could purchase all of the Porsche cars in-game.

I finally get my account unlocked here and this thread has really slowed down :(

August DLC news?
If it is the last one, I hope they go out with a bang. Give us some nice LeMans classics, Mercedes C9 Sauber, Jag XJR-9 LM, Ford GT40 MK I.. And I guess it's too much of a stretch to ask for the missing Porsches, or the Honda HSV-010, Subaru BRZ etc..

Looking forward to the announcement though!

Mascot

If it is the last one, I hope they go out with a bang. Give us some nice LeMans classics, Mercedes C9 Sauber, Jag XJR-9 LM, Ford GT40 MK I.. And I guess it's too much of a stretch to ask for the missing Porsches, or the Honda HSV-010, Subaru BRZ etc..

Looking forward to the announcement though!

A glaring omission from ANY racing game.

A few snaps from tonight's sesh:

Yw1WV.jpg

fyqtT.jpg

zpBUq.jpg

mNTPF.jpg

Speaking of obvious omissions, why is there no standard early gen (MY95-99) WRX. I know we have the 22B poorly modeled version, but the standard one I thought would be an instant must have/want...?

Jamesways

Clearing my garage.
Anyone want an #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R18 TDI or an RX8 R3 with shoddy carbon paint upgrades and a tune?

YES! After having to start over I still have a slew of R2 and R1 cars to aquire yet.
I'll gladly take 'em if you haven't gifted them away yet.

GT is Jamesways

HD- that paint looks absolutely amazing! I did the 2006 24hr LMS Sebah Porsche in fm2, I know that Maldives logo is a real pain.
Can't wait to see the finished product. Really really nice work.

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
Hey you! I know you!

Hey Jamesways, yeah we're usually posting over @ the other place, you know the one mean ;)

BTW thanks for the liveries that you gifted me fairly recently :)

+ 1000

Allow me to add this beast ;)

F1 LM (please T10)
F1-LM55.jpg

microtubule

^^^^^^^
At the "Game with Devs" last week, players Forza Motorsport 4 were able to share a few laps with the game developers, the opportunity to discuss with them, to fill Unicorn Cars, but especially to extort a whole bunch of information about the future of the Forza series. And once again, some have managed to get the answers to questions yet indiscreet Thus, a player says a member of Turn 10 has confirmed the existence of a future DLC containing ten new cars.
Meets the sweet name of Stig's August Car Pack The Car Pack Forza 4 August should, like its predecessors, is confirmed by video Tuesday, July 31, just a week before its availability on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Content side, it remains unclear what will happen in the U.S. development studio, but rumors are rife. Among them we note the Camaro ZL1 2012, the new Mini Coupe John Cooper Works, or the Citroen DS4 appeared mysteriously in the description of the latest DLC.

ZL1 would be cool along with the new Mustang, also CTR3 pretty please......

YES! After having to start over I still have a slew of R2 and R1 cars to aquire yet.
I'll gladly take 'em if you haven't gifted them away yet.

GT is Jamesways

All yours. Anything else you might want? I don't mind gifting you something specific either ( as long as its around or under a million clams...).

Shaneus

It's really not that hard, Turn 10:
When we started this project we decided that we should try and get certain tracks in the game, tracks we love to see racing on, known or unknown, modern or classic, circuits we have never done before, and we would really like to do.
So we set our goals out to get these track in, and we are very proud to tell you guys that we have licensed the Bathurst – Mount Panorama circuit.
On that subject we called the community and within days we had negotiated the terms, signed the contracts and were ready to go. It is not a lie, Australians are easy to work with!
Bathurst_08-670x376.jpg

Bathurst_03-670x376.jpg
(from SimBin's website, creator of Race 07/Race Pro, GTR etc.)

Note: This is NOT from Forza! So don't get excited. Not intended to be a troll/bait post.

Jamesways

All yours. Anything else you might want? I don't mind gifting you something specific either ( as long as its around or under a million clams...).

Oh any old R3- R1 cars you have extra that you're willing to part with. I've got enough credtis to do a little buying spree for a bit.

Thanks man!

It's really not that hard, Turn 10:

(from SimBin's website, creator of Race 07/Race Pro, GTR etc.)

Note: This is NOT from Forza! So don't get excited. Not intended to be a troll/bait post.

Ha ha ha, Five-X Cold.

You almost had me for a sec, then I noticed the more realistic lighting and I realised it wasn't Forza.

Such a bugger though. I can't believe they actually justified cutting tracks without replacing them with new ones that have been requested over and over...!

Oh any old R3- R1 cars you have extra that you're willing to part with. I've got enough credtis to do a little buying spree for a bit.

Thanks man!

Hey James, what cars do you need mate? Just send me a friend request and list of the cars you need and I'll hook you up :D

My GT: H3rtZ DoNuT

Shaneus

Ha ha ha, Five-X Cold.

You almost had me for a sec, then I noticed the more realistic lighting and I realised it wasn't Forza.

Such a bugger though. I can't believe they actually justified cutting tracks without replacing them with new ones that have been requested over and over...!
No no no, I wasn't intending to troll at all (seriously). It was more a "Hey, a much smaller team on a much smaller budget with a smaller audience can manage to do it... why can't you?!?" sort of thing.

Apologies if it got you excited, that wasn't what I was going for. Frustration was ;)

No no no, I wasn't intending to troll at all (seriously). It was more a "Hey, a much smaller team on a much smaller budget with a smaller audience can manage to do it... why can't you?!?" sort of thing.

Apologies if it got you excited, that wasn't what I was going for. Frustration was ;)

I knew you weren't trolling it was just my eyes of belief and hope that got me!

Thanks for the pics. Where are they intending to use this?

Seanspeed

Banned
They dont even need to worry about real-life tracks. The fact that they wont even bring back loved fictional tracks they already have all the god damn data for tells us that they care not for bringing in new tracks in FM4. Stop dreaming.

Yeah right, as we really gonna get new tracks in FM4 or the ones we actually want in FM5. The only way for that to happen is when there are gonna be two Sundays in a row and holidays in between lol

SarBear

They dont even need to worry about real-life tracks. The fact that they wont even bring back loved fictional tracks they already have all the god damn data for tells us that they care not for bringing in new tracks in FM4. Stop dreaming.

I'm still butt hurt that from day one these MOFOS told us that they weren't sure if they were going to integrate new tracks into Forza 4, or save them for Forza $. Oops, I meant 5.

-__-

Not cool at all.

Shaneus

I'm still butt hurt that from day one these MOFOS told us that they weren't sure if they were going to integrate new tracks into Forza 4, or save them for Forza $. Oops, I meant 5.

-__-

Not cool at all.
Yeah, it's pretty shit. I still can't believe that we're nearing a year since launch, have had an insane amount of cars yet absolutely no track DLC. It's basically impossible to own all the cars, so why concentrate on adding more?

If we could just get a hard yes or no answer as to whether there's anything coming up or not, there'd at least be some kind of relief.

The novelty of having all these cars to drive around the same tracks over and over again got old a LONG time ago. Shit, I play PGR4 more than FM4 because of the variety of tracks (despite there being FAR less cars).

I knew you weren't trolling it was just my eyes of belief and hope that got me!

Thanks for the pics. Where are they intending to use this?
Not sure. I have no idea how the SimBin series works... there's Race 07, Race Pro (on 360), GTR2, GTR:Evo, WTCC packs... it could be anything. I think it *might* be GTR 3, though.

Yeah, it's pretty shit. I still can't believe that we're nearing a year since launch, have had an insane amount of cars yet absolutely no track DLC. It's basically impossible to own all the cars, so why concentrate on adding more?

If we could just get a hard yes or no answer as to whether there's anything coming up or not, there'd at least be some kind of relief.

Marketplace --> Track Packs.

HOPE.

Haha.. Yeah, right..

JAMESWAYS Did you get the cars I sent through?
It's not much, but I am sure they'll help (I hope).

I accidentally gifted an Aston Martin GT2 car to someone above you on the list, so I owe you one! Whoops!

I gifted a couple of tuned cars too...

microtubule

-__-

Not cool at all.

Forza $ - good one!

I have a feeling MS/T10 has been focusing on Forza 5 since FM3 released. The rivals modes, monthly car DLC and "plethora" of unicorns has kept FM4 fresh in the months after release but I thought for sure they would milk the tracks held back (NYC, Amalfi long, Sidewinder stuff).

At this point I really hope they didn't put those in FM5 as I would rather see improved fantasy tracks and more official tracks.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Anyone received their code for the Forza Horizon pre-order challenger? Got mine today though i'm at work and can't try it out.

Forza $ - good one!

I have a feeling MS/T10 has been focusing on Forza 5 since FM3 released. The rivals modes, monthly car DLC and "plethora" of unicorns has kept FM4 fresh in the months after release but I thought for sure they would milk the tracks held back (NYC, Amalfi long, Sidewinder stuff).

At this point I really hope they didn't put those in FM5 as I would rather see improved fantasy tracks and more official tracks.

Mainly my interest, as fantasy tracks don't have the same level of interest for me personally. The fantasy tracks in FM4 are mostly uninteresting.

microtubule

I wonder if Beardy and crew would ever go back to the fantasy type tracks found in the first Forza?

If Forza 5 is being built for the next gen Xbox then hypothetically the limitations in this generation should be a thing of the past?

The thing I liked about Amalfi long was that it reminded me of those epic routes in NFS on 3DO and Porsche Unleashed later on. And I would like more city tracks like in the PGR series and those found in GT5.

Jamesways

JAMESWAYS Did you get the cars I sent through?
It's not much, but I am sure they'll help (I hope).

I accidentally gifted an Aston Martin GT2 car to someone above you on the list, so I owe you one! Whoops!

I gifted a couple of tuned cars too...

Yes! Thank you sir! Some nice gifts there, I'm in your debt.

Mascot

And I would like more city tracks like in the PGR series and those found in GT5.

I've never really understood the attraction of city tracks. I prefer a bit of a run-off area around a track as opposed to instantly hitting an Armco, and I prefer wide open tracks with sweeping curves rather than narrow claustrophobic ones littered with 90 degree corners. I like a nice panoramic vista as well, not block and blocks of tall buildings hemming me in all around.

I think the attraction to city tracks, especially for me anyway, is the precision required. I love the feeling of nailing a perfect lap without touching walls, while still using every available inch of road. Some of my favourite fictional tracks in the GT series have been Seattle, London, Hong Kong and Rome.

Not sure if you've heard...Deadpool Video Game

Haha yeah, cheers man. So much potential, hope they do it justice! Just love the character.

microtubule

I think the attraction to city tracks, especially for me anyway, is the precision required. I love the feeling of nailing a perfect lap without touching walls, while still using every available inch of road. Some of my favourite fictional tracks in the GT series have been Seattle, London, Hong Kong and Rome.

Yes, for me as well. But I also like the the wide open tracks too.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think the attraction to city tracks, especially for me anyway, is the precision required. I love the feeling of nailing a perfect lap without touching walls, while still using every available inch of road.

Yup.

Also the sense of speed is higher when the barriers are close to you.

Biggest problem with street tracks in racing games is that they cause of a lot of accidents and often enough, innocent people are taken out in the process.

After many many hours of work finally done, hopefully people will enjoy it :)

#81 THE RACER'S GROUP PORSCHE --- 24 HEURES DU MANS 2004

7645516416_91fd6c2694_z.jpg

7645516056_433c3c2562_z.jpg

7645516202_86d85e5e09_z.jpg

7645516608_4a22d167e4_z.jpg

7645516312_0a90063c45_z.jpg

And something for a future release ;)

venezuela-tourism-logo.jpg

Cheers, HD

Top Bottom