• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Any news if we still getting a DLC next month? If so what is your guess for GT3 car? I think there was one in every pack so what car next?

I'm still hoping for either HSV-010 GT500 or BRZ GT300 but with my luck probably won't get any of them, at least I have my McLaren now lol

Dead Poul's guide to gettin' in those GWD sessions

1. Fuck the facebook chatroom. Seriously, unless your approach is to answer trivia questions and earn a unicorn/DLC code, please don't even waste your time in the chat room. The community managers DO post when a room is available to join and what type. However, what they don't state is that by the time they've actually posted the room on the chat, it's just about full or completely full. (If only they would leave the room private until posting it in the chat, then opening it public. That would make sense...)

2. Know what modes of the game you're good in. The devs play specific game modes. To my knowledge these are Soccer, Tag (various), Point to Point, Circuit, Multi Class, and SOMETIMES a rare Timed Race. Now, the REAL variant: which managers play which events? Funny you should ask that. This is my assessment:

• Johniwanna - Circuit, Soccer
  • Mechberg - Tag (variants), Soccer
  • Jube - Soccer, Multi Class, Circuit
  • Phredesign - Soccer, Tag, P2P

3. Time to camp out. So what you'll need to do is load up Forza, select "Race Online," select "User Created Races," and you'll come across all the aforementioned modes. If you don't care about winning and just want to be a part of a race with the chance to get any random unicorn, highlight one of the modes and just refresh over and over. Most races/modes take about 9 minutes from explanation of rules to the developer ending the session. So take that into consideration before you rage quit. If you want something specific, which is what I do, highlight a mode and stick with it. KEEP refreshing it. During the GWD sessions the servers like to take a digital shit on you by taking 20 to 30 seconds to display available sessions. Sucks, but hey if the shit was easy everyone would have a chance. The user created race will contain one of the developers names displayed above. However, they ALL have the tag [T10] before their gamertag. Look for these. When you see one, join immediately. Don't think, don't breathe, don't second guess. Fucking join. NOW. I can't tell you how many situations I've been in where I thought about it for two to three seconds and when I attempted to join.....full.

4. Race your ass off. The competition usually isn't that stiff during these sessions, so you don't necessarily need to race a top time. Just be VERY consistent. And try not to do anything dirty because a couple of the managers are kinda sensitive to that.

5. Profit. If you're lucky enough to join a room where the top 3 get a unicorn of their choice, pick your car and wait up til Monday and it should be in your inbox. Sometimes the entire room gets a random unicorn of the developer's choice. All depends who you get.

This is how I acquired all the unicorns in the game. And several, several duplicates.

Remember, the Game with Developers is today. 2-4 CST (5-7 EST)

If you are not sure what unicorns are out there if you get a choice, here a list of them.

2002 BMW M3-GTR "Street Version"
1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
2007 Shelby GT500
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Lambo Murciélago LP640
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra

xam3l

So here it is guys, IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche that ran at 2010 24Heures Du Mans, I hope you guys like it, for me it's probably the best Porsche scheme of all times :)

7599495146_9387edab41_z.jpg

7599494986_5354374b5a_z.jpg

7599493690_ae32a38082_z.jpg

7599494176_d94af44b8c_z.jpg

7599494278_2f7778e9af_z.jpg

7599494068_f9bc9c0b9a_z.jpg

7599494760_96fbfe8b43_z.jpg

7599494636_f2cef2be7c_z.jpg

7599494884_f365e96ce9_z.jpg

7599494488_ef0c981c6b_z.jpg

GAF was absent tonight in the GWD.

I know!! We have the kids tonight so I wasn't able to make it. And Dragons Dogma has been taking ALL my time recently. I really want some tracks or something to draw me back into Forza.

Honestly I can't wait for Horizon. I know it is getting a lukewarm reception here on GAF, but the concept really appeals to me. There is very little that is better than screaming a supercar through traffic and around actual roads. That feeling is just so visceral and makes the cars that much more interesting to drive.

Next month is the ALMS race at Mid-Ohio and the Viper will be debuting there with its Forza livery. I will try to get plenty of pics and videos and I am hoping that T10 will have some Horizon demos set up for it.

Honestly I can't wait for Horizon. I know it is getting a lukewarm reception here on GAF, but the concept really appeals to me. There is very little that is better than screaming a supercar through traffic and around actual roads. That feeling is just so visceral and makes the cars that much more interesting to drive.

I'm really keen for it.
Looks/feels like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars. So I'm in.

I've become a real Forza convert over the last 12 months, so I'm confident Horizon will deliver.

2007 Shelby GT500
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (2 of them)
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R

Niiiiice.
2 Lambos is awesome too, could have a different paint job now.

I really want;
2002 BMW M3-GTR "Street Version"
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R

Thanks for that.
Great shots too.

Can't wait to grab Hertz' new one. It's a shame most of the "911" models are so buggy when it comes to vinyls...

I should be on for a half-hour this arvo, so I'll probably grab Hertz's livery then.

Yeah? That sucks.
I haven't even tried to play around with Porsches yet.

Going to try to create something though. I want an orange/black 997 GT3 RSR.

Might start with something a little more simple though. I was trying to find cool liveries from the N'Ring 24hr last year, so I might have a go at creating this:

kZYpb.jpg

I'm really sorry guys that I didn't reply to your private messages but I didn't really have time to respond yet. I've checked every message I got and all the requests will be done, so no worries and I'll reply to your messages tomorrow.

I just started another design and this one won't be easy, the layer limit, the amount of work on base paint and so many weird logos to make, lack of resources doesn't help either. I'm afraid this one make actually brake me lol. If you guys won't here from me in a few days it means I gave up on it :D

7601440110_9753e40b82_z.jpg

7601439920_39fe90167d_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

I'm really sorry guys that I didn't reply to your private messages but I didn't really have time to respond yet. I've checked every message I got and all the requests will be done, so no worries and I'll reply to your messages tomorrow.

I just started another design and this one won't be easy, the layer limit, the amount of work on base paint and so many weird logos to make, lack of resources doesn't help either. I'm afraid this one make actually brake me lol. If you guys won't here from me in a few days it means I gave up on it :D

7601440110_9753e40b82_z.jpg

7601439920_39fe90167d_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

Ohhh wow, I'm loving where this one's going!!

Good luck dude, hope you get it done!

It sucks, my gold expired just before the white Mclaren and the 2 months for 2 dollars seems to be gone too :( , i guess i´ll have to buy a full year soon.

Mascot

Race Pro arrived the other day and it's not too bad. Ok, it looks like a PS2 game and the menus are horrendous, but the physics seem decent, track selection is good and the races are tight.

It's such a shame I have to resort to tactics like this just to get some track variation, though. I'd much rather be racing these circuits in Forza.

The meagre track count in FM4 has pretty much killed the game for me, at least for the time being.

I suppose so long as people keep sucking up car DLC then Turn 10 will assume that's all we need to keep us happy.

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
Race Pro arrived the other day and it's not too bad. Ok, it looks like a PS2 game and the menus are horrendous, but the physics seem decent, track selection is good and the races are tight.

It's such a shame I have to resort to tactics like this just to get some track variation, though. I'd much rather be racing these circuits in Forza.

The meagre track count in FM4 has pretty much killed the game for me, at least for the time being.

I suppose so long as people keep sucking up car DLC then Turn 10 will assume that's all we need to keep us happy.

+ 1000000

Jamesways

Glad you're enjoying it at least. I frickin' love that game. Could you imagine Zandvoort, Porto, Pau, or Macau in Forza? It's even got Mid-Ohio for the christesesakes! I thought for sure with the big ALMS touting Turn 10 would add it to Fm4.
Nope.

+ 1000000
Hey you! I know you!

Mascot

Could you imagine Zandvoort, Porto, Pau, or Macau in Forza? It's even got Mid-Ohio for the christesesakes!

I don't even want to think about it. It's too depressing.

Dan still feels burnt by the Nurb F1 DLC sales in FM3, conveniently forgetting that:
A. It was so badly marketed, no fucker knew it had even been released
B. It had abysmal integration into the rest of the game.
C. It didn't link with the Nordschliefe like common sense says it should have done
D. It wasn't ever high up on anyone's track wish list to start with.
Edit:
E. And it was probably vastly over-priced.

And he wonders why it didn't sell well.

Jamesways

I don't even want to think about it. It's too depressing.

Dan still feels burnt by the Nurb F1 DLC sales in FM3, conveniently forgetting that:
A. It was so badly marketed, no fucker knew it had even been released
B. It had abysmal integration into the rest of the game.
C. It didn't link with the Nordschliefe like common sense says it should have done
D. It wasn't ever high up on anyone's track wish list

That and Motegi in 2. Not the most wanted track by fans, gee, wonder why the sales weren't super stellar.
Poor sales of those equals "no one will Spa or Bathurst".
Yeah, sure. Fine logic there.

But for fm5 I'm sure he'll listen to the fan's most requested tracks and give us... NY LONG!
*GIANT EYEROLL*

forza100percent.jpg

100% :)

Some stats
Driver level: 260

Career Complete: 100%
Victories: 1,766
Cars in Garage: 341
Total Winnings: 36,982,389 cr
Online Winnings: 4,545,625 cr
Garage Value: 249,521,500 cr

Perfect Turn Scores: 11,854
Perfect Drift Scores: 1
Perfect Speed Scores: 882
Perfect Draft Scores: 406
Perfect Pass Scores: 2,019

Average Speed: 149.6 km/h
Distance Driven: 26,821.51 km
Time Driven: 180 hr 02min 48sec
Total XP: 18,698,550

This is particularly highlighted in the Event List. The last 5-10% for me was a major grind, mostly because like 9 out of 10 events I'd do had the *exact* same track list.

There's hardly a good selection of tracks to begin with, but then they repeat the same short courses over and over.. Instead of 4 laps of Hockenheim Short, why not one lap of Road America? Or instead of 6 laps at Infineon, why not one lap of the FULL N'Ring (so underused in Forza 4 too)..

Track selection is mediocre, Event List selection is even worse.

Hopefully they take the criticism on board for Forza 5 :)

I though I let you know I didn't give up on that 2005 911 RSR paint, I just have a serious problem with layer limit. I know for sure it's impossible to make a perfect or super accurate replica of this car but will do whatever I can to make it at least look close to it.

There isn't many logos on the car but all the logos need to have an outline and that doubles the layer count for each logo, without outline it won't look as good as it should. The other thing that really bothers me are the glitches on the car, geez what a buggy car.

I'm still working hard on it and if I'll be able to finish it, it might end up on a different Porsche because of the glitches on the 2005 RSR.

This logo is really testing my patience :D

Copy%20of%20MaldivesLogoWeb.jpg

And still looking for a bigger and better quality of this, can't seems to find any :(

directory_pic.php

Cheers, HD

The Stig

I finished the grid in FM3 over the course of like 2 years. Mostly with my best friend.

I'd say we are about 60% through FM4. All we do is set up the wheel and play with different cars and setups.

Nice work!
I completed the grid in FM3 but really can't see it happening in FM4. I'll pick and choose (and re-play) the events I really enjoy I think. There are too many awful car/track combos on that grid to keep my enthusiasm going.

Congrats -Deadpool- Im hoping to reach that soon. By soon I mean, this year.

Cheers boys.
Yeah, there's some definite "phoned in" events, but once I got to about 70%, the OCD in me kicked in and I had to go all the way haha..

I finished the grid in FM3 over the course of like 2 years. Mostly with my best friend.

I'd say we are about 60% through FM4. All we do is set up the wheel and play with different cars and setups.

I've had F4 since March, so about 4 months, give or take.
Wish I had a wheel setup for the Xbox. I invested on a Logitech wheel for GT5 though, can't justify another one for the 360.

WIP tests... still a lot of work :(

7617505838_5bc20889e9_c.jpg

Looking great, H3rtz. Sounds like a nightmare to do though!!

Even the leaf above Oakfields looks like it would have taken forever. Can't imagine trying to do the Maldives logo myself haha..

And still looking for a bigger and better quality of this, can't seems to find any :(

directory_pic.php

Cheers, HD

Have you tried "Google goggles"-ing it?

Might help if you haven't tried it before.

Gregor Fisken is the driver's name and the lion is just the basic Great Britain/UK coat of arms lion, if that helps.

Looking pretty effing spot on though so far and the photo in twilight looks awesome!

Have you tried "Google goggles"-ing it?

Might help if you haven't tried it before.

Gregor Fisken is the driver's name and the lion is just the basic Great Britain/UK coat of arms lion, if that helps.

Looking pretty effing spot on though so far and the photo in twilight looks awesome!

Thanks mate, I tried to look for it everywhere and nothing. I can find the lions no problems but none of them look exactly like this one. There is a new logo on Fiskens website now so is no go again, I sent them an email so maybe they'll send me one :)

Here is another shot, just started the top of the car, finally is coming together, but I'm still not sure if I'll have enough layers to pull it off, in worst case I'll have to change some things to make it work.

7619601004_8730716eb7_c.jpg

Got to go and get some sleep lol Cheers guys, have a great night :)

Top Bottom