• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Some of your setting for a realistic approach make me envy.

And since we are all sharing photos, allow me to share some of my own.
Some are untouched but in others I like to edit/crop them to give a cinematic look.

7496113210_ff6f78fc8b_c.jpg

7048724797_a89fc1f0ac_c.jpg

7048723387_486f474fa5_c.jpg

7496116340_1666bdf969_c.jpg

7077612877_13de05f865_c.jpg

6972650289_b1f8c036eb_c.jpg

6826252776_2b60975fcf_c.jpg

6972361409_a2c5ee4536_c.jpg

6797332579_6f76239ec7_z.jpg

6776289701_7e18b717b6_z.jpg

6695484465_2e96d1c216_z.jpg

And there is a lot more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/xam3lpt/

Amazing dude, well done.
Love the pagani shot and the Holden V8 SC!
Makes me think I wanna fool around with PhotoShop!! Maybe some quality lens flare! Ha, LOL!

EDIT: I take it you used Photoshop. If so, what filters/adjustments do you make (for instance the Holden one)? I've never really messed around with Photoshop in a proper manner before and the only thing I remember doing is lens flare effects etc. I'm more used to the basic Paint Shop Pro adding Impact Font text over pictures...

EDIT 2: Any chance you could wave your wizard wand over the Oakfields Porsche pic I posted on the previous page (the full size "compressed" PNG is on my Flickr)? :)

xam3l

Amazing dude, well done.
Love the pagani shot and the Holden V8 SC!
Makes me think I wanna fool around with PhotoShop!! Maybe some quality lens flare! Ha, LOL!

EDIT: I take it you used Photoshop. If so, what filters/adjustments do you make (for instance the Holden one)? I've never really messed around with Photoshop in a proper manner before and the only thing I remember doing is lens flare effects etc. I'm more used to the basic Paint Shop Pro adding Impact Font text over pictures...

EDIT 2: Any chance you could wave your wizard wand over the Oakfields Porsche pic I posted on the previous page (the full size "compressed" PNG is on my Flickr)? :)

Thanks guys! I spend a LOT of time messing around with the multimedia part of the game.
Actually I made all those edits with After Effects with some awesome plugins and use some of those shots as an inspiration for a clip or a scene for a video.

Yeah I can edit with your shots. Send me a link (PM) with your flickr maybe I can use more material. ;)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
One thing I don't understand is no track DLC. Why?

On another note, why hasn't forza got Spa and Bathurst either when they are by far the most requested tracks.

Pepto

Banned
Well something has made people less interested in it, despite these car packs, and it shows here in this thread.

I think they definitely shot themselves in the foot here...

WE NEED MORE RACE CIRCUITS!!!

Realistically that isn't going to happen with Horizon just around the corner.

saladine1

Hey Skeletor, mate I'm looking for a VC SLE Commodore V8 in two tone colour so if you see something or know someone who is selling one let me know champ.
I'm also looking for a VH SLE 5.0 too so keep an eye and ear out for me bud.

And yes, i'm also looking for a new racing circuit for a game called Forza 4 so keep me posted if you hear anything....

Shaneus

Hey Skeletor, mate I'm looking for a VC SLE Commodore V8 in two tone colour so if you see something or know someone who is selling one let me know champ.

And yes, i'm also looking for a new racing circuit for a game called Forza 4 so keep me posted if you hear anything....
Better chance of getting those cars for free.

microtubule

One thing I don't understand is no track DLC. Why?

On another note, why hasn't forza got Spa and Bathurst either when they are by far the most requested tracks.

Plenty of hypothetical reasons have been tossed around here and other Forza sites. Reasons like:

Beardy says tracks take a very long time to put together.
I seem to remember him saying cockpit view was tough too but now look at the Forza 4 end credits and how many contractors worked on assets and the like.

Fractured multiplayer community. Using purchase stats most people weren't buying the tracks released in previous Forza games.
I know many folks play online but the fact these tracks didn't integrate into single play/career stopped many from buying. Now with the popularity of rivals mode these tracks could theoretically be easier to integrate and should have a higher track DLC adoption rate?

My theory is if Spa and Bath do come they will be in Forza 5 if 5 is on next gen hardware. I know T10 mentioned that with the new lighting engine that longer tracks like Amalfi long weren't possible. The 24 hour 'ring version is missing too although I think that might be a contract thing.

----------------
In reference to tracks not selling well. Around 5:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5m50K2EAA Dan mentions track DLC.

Mentioned here that creating a track from start to finish takes more than a year:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood4/

SarBear

Plenty of hypothetical reasons have been tossed around here and other Forza sites. Reasons like:

Beardy says tracks take a very long time to put together.
I seem to remember him saying cockpit view was tough too but now look at the Forza 4 end credits and how many contractors worked on assets and the like.

Fractured multiplayer community. Using purchase stats most people weren't buying the tracks released in previous Forza games.
I know many folks play online but the fact these tracks didn't integrate into single play/career stopped many from buying. Now with the popularity of rivals mode these tracks could theoretically be easier to integrate and should have a higher track DLC adoption rate?

My theory is if Spa and Bath do come they will be in Forza 5 if 5 is on next gen hardware. I know T10 mentioned that with the new lighting engine that longer tracks like Amalfi long weren't possible. The 24 hour 'ring version is missing too although I think that might be a contract thing.

Turn10 employee?

A mate of mine had a VH SLE 5.0l. It was sick.

I'll keep a look out, but a good one would be a hard thing to find these days. Good luck!

And both versions are done, pick whichever you like guys. There aren't many changes except of the racing series and a slightly different set of sponsors. Thanksfor request goes to MIA VICE.

ART GRAND PRIX McLAREN --- GT-TOUR

7673099568_0bf6de3635_z.jpg

7673098810_a004569dcc_z.jpg

7673098884_79f602dcf6_z.jpg

ART GRAND PRIX McLAREN - BLANCPAIN ENDURANCE

7673099438_8b4a4856fa_z.jpg

7673099312_66b1e37312_z.jpg

7673099708_c02f005c74_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

Must have taken like 20 years to create Forza 1, damn. Didn't realize they had Xbox dev kits that early.

Haha.. Yeah, I don't get the time frame.
Just hire more people. Of course, the economy may not work out for releases as DLC, but "more than a year to make a track" is very misleading.

More than a year; with the manpower we have, with the talent we have etc..

Jamesways

Must have taken like 20 years to create Forza 1, damn. Didn't realize they had Xbox dev kits that early.

Which is why we STILL don't have FM1 tracks in the game. Have to wait until fm8 or so to see them back?
2003 tracks added back in- 10-20 years to recreate them all, serious business.

FM5- 1500 cars plus DLC, 100+ Autovista, 4 tracks removed, 1 added back (NY Long). Alpine Ring planned as DLC, but cancelled since people "don't buy tracks".
Spa and Bathurst saved for FM6 or next new console release, cause, you know, he's doing it for the fans.

Hopefully they spend their slim man hours on another fictional mountain course like Bernese Alps or Camino to show off the awesome IBL lighting even more. Fans want that WAY more than more real tracks.

HD- McLaren looks amazing! Both liveries. Thanks for creating the Blancpain one. Fun watching it this weekend, can't wait to pick it up in your SF and race it around.

HD- McLaren looks amazing! Both liveries. Thanks for creating the Blancpain one. Fun watching it this weekend, can't wait to pick it up in your SF and race it around.

Coverage was non-existent out here, which was incredibly disappointing for such a huge event.

I'm still yet to see any footage and I was away from the PC at the weekend for the live feeds. Looking forward to the picture/press packs.

Pretty terrible showing for the McLaren MP4-12C's though.. 9th, 30th, 44th, 45th, 47th, 55th, 57th, 58th and 59th.
The #88 that came in 9th was 12 laps off the lead Audi. Our #12 that H3rtz has so faithfully recreated here came in 59th, the last of the MP4-12C's.

Looking at the best lap times, they were right on the pace, but I guess just not consistent/reliable enough. You seen a text summary/race review? I'd love to know what happened.

I was thinking about bringing the #88 McLaren to Forza :)

6934638084_fdb622924c_z.jpg

Here are also some WIP shots of the next paint. It kinda sucks that we didn't get the regular 458 GT3 instead of the ALMS one. I can't put all the sponsor on the hood nor the number board :( Not sure about the racing series yet, I have three choices, Brithish GT, FIA GT and Blancpain, maybe I'm gonna make two versions of this one as well :)

7674604838_9e1e766be8_z.jpg

7674604668_d7ce763081_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

I was thinking about bringing the #88 McLaren to Forza :)

6934638084_fdb622924c_z.jpg

Here are also some WIP shots of the next paint. It kinda sucks that we didn't get the regular 458 GT3 instead of the ALMS one. I can't put all the sponsor on the hood nor the number board :( Not sure about the racing series yet, I have three choices, Brithish GT, FIA GT and Blancpain, maybe I'm gonna make two versions of this one as well :)

7674604838_9e1e766be8_z.jpg

7674604668_d7ce763081_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

Seriously man, your stuff is freakin CRAZY good!

microtubule

Haha.. Yeah, I don't get the time frame.
Just hire more people. Of course, the economy may not work out for releases as DLC, but "more than a year to make a track" is very misleading.

More than a year; with the manpower we have, with the talent we have etc..

Yup, and same excuse when we were cockpit blocked until FM3.

IMO, it sounds like from this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iBffRFA_g4 that Dan and the boys weren't prepared for the popularity of FM4. He mentions about using data from FM3 to come up with the level 150 and needing to raise it later on in a title update.

So they had the manpower to create a ton of cockpits and car models for DLC and integrated them into career/event list/rivals but no track DLC.

Yup, and same excuse when we were cockpit blocked until FM3.

IMO, it sounds like from this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iBffRFA_g4 that Dan and the boys weren't prepared for the popularity of FM4. He mentions about using data from FM3 to come up with the level 150 and needing to raise it later on in a title update.

So they had the manpower to create a ton of cockpits and car models for DLC and integrated them into career/event list/rivals but no track DLC.

I'm not sure how popular FM3 was, as I got on-board with that very late (same for FM4 though really, I only grabbed this one in March). Level 150 was definitely quick/easy to get to though. I think I'm like ~264/5 now.

Still, it's not like track DLC is wasted either. It's not like they're doing the work for nothing. The assets and stuff have to be created if they're going to put it into Forza 5. Even if it sells poorly now, they just chuck it in FM5 and it adds to the roster.

Evil,

You still having problems with your save game acting slow?!

I went through my data last night and deleted a whole bunch of saved Photos and downloaded Liveries.

The different is MASSIVE.

I culled probably half of the Liveries I had stored (and as far as I can see, they stay applied to the car they're on anyway, despite having deleted the download file) and nearly all the Photos.

Seems to have fixed all the save-write delay.

Evil,

You still having problems with your save game acting slow?!

I went through my data last night and deleted a whole bunch of saved Photos and downloaded Liveries.

The different is MASSIVE.

I culled probably half of the Liveries I had stored (and as far as I can see, they stay applied to the car they're on anyway, despite having deleted the download file) and nearly all the Photos.

Seems to have fixed all the save-write delay.

Yeah, same for me.
I did that and noticed a dramatic change.
But that was short lived... It's back to normal again.

The issue I'm having at the moment is I get booted from XBL randomly (but pretty consistently). It's not my modem/router, nor my ISP/phone connection, the only thing left is the console... It drops on both wifi and LAN now, but I can connect back straight away most times.

Anyone heard or experienced an issue like this?

I've also noticed a corellation between load times and being connected to XBL. So perhaps that's what's screwing with it.

Sounding like we could have the Boss 302 Laguna Seca in the August pack.

Yeah, same for me.
I did that and noticed a dramatic change.
But that was short lived... It's back to normal again.

The issue I'm having at the moment is I get booted from XBL randomly (but pretty consistently). It's not my modem/router, nor my ISP/phone connection, the only thing left is the console... It drops on both wifi and LAN now, but I can connect back straight away most times.

Anyone heard or experienced an issue like this?

I've also noticed a corellation between load times and being connected to XBL. So perhaps that's what's screwing with it.

Ahhh, damn. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it had made last night. Game is totally playable again, and no more of that horrible save-stutter after races. Menu loads/saves are super quick, almost unnoticeable now.

I haven't had any random disconnects. Haven't heard of that one, or experienced it myself, sorry.

Load times while in the Storefront/Marketplace/any of the online menus are SO slow. Not sure if it's just us Aussies and the woeful connection we get to the FM servers, or if it's across the board.

Hope FM5 gets better servers. I'm tired of downloading my BigShots at 20Kb/s haha..

Sounding like we could have the Boss 302 Laguna Seca in the August pack

Don't tease :p

Ahhh, damn. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it had made last night. Game is totally playable again, and no more of that horrible save-stutter after races. Menu loads/saves are super quick, almost unnoticeable now.

I haven't had any random disconnects. Haven't heard of that one, or experienced it myself, sorry.

Load times while in the Storefront/Marketplace/any of the online menus are SO slow. Not sure if it's just us Aussies and the woeful connection we get to the FM servers, or if it's across the board.

Hope FM5 gets better servers. I'm tired of downloading my BigShots at 20Kb/s haha..

Tell me about it! The uploading and downloading to and from FM.net is pitiful. It's only 20MB but it takes like half an hour to download it from 'my forza'.

I hope you don't suffer the return to dodgy load times etc.

Hey, another thing I noticed is when I fiddled with my tv gamma setting, there are images in the background of the loading screen before races and the "4" on the main title screen is actually a different shade of black to the rest of the image! The more you know...!

Another set of paints is up on my storefront. Same deal as the last time, one team, one car, two different racing series. Slightly different base paint and set of sponsors, pick the one you like, or both if you want to have them in your collection.

#21 MTECH FERRARI --- BLANCPAIN

7681448904_de6fcbc863_z.jpg

7681448802_a86902191d_z.jpg

7681449438_fe66291acd_z.jpg

#21 MTECH FERRARI --- FIA GT3

7681449146_f216d46291_z.jpg

7681449266_111f143c98_z.jpg

7681449024_6f5360b494_z.jpg

Tomorrow will start another paint but for now have a great night guys, thanks for the support and the feedback.

Cheers, HD

Tell me about it! The uploading and downloading to and from FM.net is pitiful. It's only 20MB but it takes like half an hour to download it from 'my forza'.

I hope you don't suffer the return to dodgy load times etc.

Hey, another thing I noticed is when I fiddled with my tv gamma setting, there are images in the background of the loading screen before races and the "4" on the main title screen is actually a different shade of black to the rest of the image! The more you know...!

Yep. So frustrating. Upload I understand, my upstreaming is crap. Downloading - no excuse though.

By the sounds, I probably wasn't experiencing it as bad as you were, but it was still annoying.

Hmmm. Not sure I can picture what you mean - will have to check tonight.

When you/your mate around again? I'm keen for more racing.

Dick is fully out.

Thought you'd be pleased haha..

Only "rumour" though as usual.

Another set of paints is up on my storefront. Same deal as the last time, one team, one car, two different racing series. Slightly different base paint and set of sponsors, pick the one you like, or both if you want to have them in your collection.

#21 MTECH FERRARI --- BLANCPAIN

#21 MTECH FERRARI --- FIA GT3

Tomorrow will start another paint but for now have a great night guys, thanks for the support and the feedback.

Cheers, HD

Awesome work as usual!

ARGH though, not sure which one I'll grab..

This would be amazing, but it's very unlikely.

356 Type A, 917, 935 and the 918 would make the lineup absolutely perfect for me.

As much as I want to drive the 356a/b and the 935 (my favourite matchbox car was a blue variant), I'm getting sick of having so many cars, but nowhere to race them.

None of the cars feel 'special' to me because there isnt much of a variety of race circuits to take it out on. Even my beloved first gen rx7 is gathering dust (not just due to the numerous paint design error areas). Speaking of which, I'd much rather see up-res'd versions of some of the FM2 dodgy models, for instance the FC rx7 and 22B Subie than new random cars.

We are almost too spoiled for choice when it comes to cars yet we've hardly got any patches for known vehicle model errors.

There, I said it.

Now you know what's next in line, get yours McLarens ready guys :) Will take me some time though, I would expect it to be done by the end of the weekend.

7681868762_d22707aa2d_z.jpg

7681882654_0ab4a84a9d_z.jpg

Got to go get some sleep lol Have a great night guys.

Cheers, HD

As much as I want to drive the 356a/b and the 935 (my favourite matchbox car was a blue variant), I'm getting sick of having so many cars, but nowhere to race them.

None of the cars feel 'special' to me because there isnt much of a variety of race circuits to take it out on. Even my beloved first gen rx7 is gathering dust (not just due to the numerous paint design error areas). Speaking of which, I'd much rather see up-res'd versions of some of the FM2 dodgy models, for instance the FC rx7 and 22B Subie than new random cars.

We are almost too spoiled for choice when it comes to cars yet we've hardly got any patches for known vehicle model errors.

There, I said it.

Well, I couldn't agree more with the lack of race tracks. We're not getting any more though, so I'd settle for driving them around the N'Ring haha..

I think T10 are getting pretty lax on FM4 anyway - still no patch/fix for the driver level bug, the multitude of paint bugs on the Porsches/other cars as you say... It all reeks of having moved on to FM5 development.

The guys took another pole at qualifying, this time at Indianapolis, finished 10. They still using my paint though :D

2012_Conti_Indy_Practice_3.jpg

That's so awesome.
This pretty much sums up you God-tier status, right?
I bet it would have finished in the points at least of it had more yellow on it!

EDIT: Ha, the irony; I just noticed the GT logo on the side!

Top Bottom