• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Yeah, it looks like I have a group of secret admires that down rate every new release :)

So lame :(

Not that it stops people finding your stuff. Some of your designs have thousands of downloads! And I'm sure the deserved ratings come out by that stage anyway!

Will have 5 from me when I get home lol

Yeah, it looks like I have a group of secret admires that down rate every new release :)

What a bunch of cock-knuckles. I'll be sure to grab and rate 5-stars tonight.

Awesome paint here HD:

JGMLZ.jpg

WRGXq.jpg

7u2ql.jpg

And a bonus few:

v9WUh.jpg

3G4RW.jpg

92ugs.jpg

NAXnE.jpg

:)

Just watching that vid now.

Could you imagine if we could recreate that exact same scenario?

Keep imagining :(

Maybe in a few generations haha.. Would be amazing though.

Spa 24 hour full grid, N'Ring 24 hour full grid, LeMans 24 hour with full grid.. Full simulation, night/day/weather; One drools at the thought.

Going to hang out for the picture packs from Spa this weekend, then I'm going to try and create my first 'real world' livery.

Shaneus

Maybe in a few generations haha.. Would be amazing though.

Spa 24 hour full grid, N'Ring 24 hour full grid, LeMans 24 hour with full grid.. Full simulation, night/day/weather; One drools at the thought.

Going to hang out for the picture packs from Spa this weekend, then I'm going to try and create my first 'real world' livery.
I was just thinking "Spa". Can't set my expectations too high ;)

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing it.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm sure it'll be pretty terrible.

Now I've finished the career/Event list, I'm looking for extra stuff to do though. Trying to get some mates keen on Time Trials on G+ as well.

I was just thinking "Spa". Can't set my expectations too high ;)

Oh I see :p

I liked the multi-class events in Forza 4, but they seemed largely pointless in the Event List when it was only ~3 laps or whatever. Saw faster cars at the start and never again, or saw the slower cars in your rear-view at the start, and never again.

It's the first step to proper multi-class events, but I guess they need more power to make full grids work. And Enduros would have to come back; No idea why they were cut either, I loved Enduros in FM3 (and GT5).

Don't get your hopes up, I'm sure it'll be pretty terrible.

Now I've finished the career/Event list, I'm looking for extra stuff to do though. Trying to get some mates keen on Time Trials on G+ as well.

XBL me some rivals events to try beat you at. Would be fun to actually have a "rival" to race against!

I hate Rivals (just for that stupid damn ghost that's about 70% too opaque to be called a "ghost"), but I'll grin and bear it because I'm pretty damn keen on some TT/rival stuff!

TT works too, but it's honesty or screenshots
:-/
I hate that damn ghost too!!! Especially when it's half a second or more in front!!

I've been absent for quite a few days (well, in the form of replying, i've been watching since then) so i think i could post a few pics.

First, H3rTz DoNuT your liveries are jaw-dropping good, i have to say, the 2004 Le Mans Porsche is one of the best i ever seen! It may not look too complex compared with other liveries out there, but I know how hard a simple design can turn into, so i know the pain, even with my way more less complex liveries.

And well, the pics...as i said in my first post, I'm an admin at IGCD, and i provided the pics for FM2, FM3 and now FM4, so i have at least one pic for every car in every game (apart from my own personal pics, of course) and here are a few of them in a bigger size than the web, and some bonus pics as well:

7649581858_8ac800a097_b.jpg

7649582020_c31f170e2a_b.jpg

7649582184_ac1de1bf5c_b.jpg

6986125597_6445bb828c_b.jpg

6986125735_593945c332_b.jpg

6841731564_acce4e7d30_b.jpg

6986125777_21dcd31c1c_b.jpg

6841732380_11dc171e58_b.jpg

6987854905_f5390403a6_b.jpg

6841731976_c214f0dc9d_b.jpg

6841731666_5e483d3e23_b.jpg

6841732446_169dd841a3_b.jpg

7042132879_cf23a110f9_b.jpg

6840005658_b9bda16f1a_b.jpg

7131874159_5471f73208_b.jpg

7214862200_34fcb37118_b.jpg

7214739192_9e9f8cd6a1_b.jpg

HoMxq.jpg

7051297139_443c0ced6e_b.jpg

7649581702_d13f33cf2f_b.jpg

All of them were already posted at Forzacentral, but i think they were worth being posted here as well...

I've been absent for a quite a few days (well, in the form of replying, i've been watching since then) so i think i could post a few pics.

First, H3rTz DoNuT your liveries are jaw-dropping good, i have to say, the 2004 Le Mans Porsche is one of the best i ever seen! It may not look too complex compared with other liveries out there, but I know how hard a simple design can turn into, so i know the pain, even with my way more less complex liveries.

And well, the pics...as i said in my first post, I'm an admin at IGCD, and i provided the pics for FM2, FM3 and now FM4, so i have at least one pic for every car in every game (apart from my own personal pics, of course) and here are a few of them in a bigger size than the web, and some bonus pics as well:

7649581702_d13f33cf2f_b.jpg

All of them were already posted at Forzacentral, but i think they were worth being posted here as well...

FFS dude! These are amazing. I thought GRom was the only one with the GodMode setting in his photo options!

Any tips? I mean you make the cars look super realistic.

EDIT: I just got ANOTHER Spirit R from T10. Man I wish I could gift these...

FFS dude! These are amazing. I thought GRom was the only one with the GodMode setting in his photo options!

Any tips? I mean you make the cars look super realistic.

Thanks!

Well, trying to not sound obvious...playing with values is critical, of course, for every shot, you need to keep adjusting everything to make sure the values for the brightness, contrast, colors, sense of speed...are ideal. Playing with reflections and shadows when making a pic is always important as well, it can make a difference definitely. For some shots i spend like 5 minutes going arround the car searching for the best angles. If i can't see any, i repeat the shot in other area doing something else (Taking a corner, going straight, drifting...)

Also, i try to make always big shots, since the compression is non-existant and they look better. And if a have to resize them, i apply a very subtle focus filter with photoshop, since the resizing kills the quality a little, nothing more, nothing less.

But the best advice is, to practise a lot, of course. Normally I'm not very happy with my pics, but there is a bunch of them which i really like, depending on how you do them, they can look dull, no matter what you do with them, or they can look simply stunning. With time, the amount of good ones always increases, so it's really a matter of time.

Thanks!

Well, trying to not sound obvious...playing with values is critical, of course, for every shot, you need to keep adjusting everything to make sure the values for the brightness, contrast, colors, sense of speed...are ideal. Playing with reflections and shadows when making a pic is always important as well, it can make a difference definitely. For some shots i spend like 5 minutes going arround the car searching for the best angles. If i can't see any, i repeat the shot in other area doing something else (Taking a corner, going straight, drifting...)

Also, i try to make always big shots, since the compression is non-existant and they look better. And if a have to resize them, i apply a very subtle focus filter with photoshop, since the resizing kills the quality a little, nothing more, nothing less.

But the best advice is, to practise a lot, of course. Normally I'm not very happy with my pics, but there is a bunch of them which i really like, depending on how you do them, they can look dull, no matter what you do with them, or they can look simply stunning. With time, the amount of good ones always increases, so it's really a matter of time.

Nice!
Does "focus" actually do anything in the picture mode settings?

Awesome pics, Jorge.

Did a bit of running with H3rtz's new Porsche tonight.
Definitely one of the best, if not the best. The details are insane!

hher2.jpg

hher3.jpg

hher4.jpg

Jamesways

Huh, good to know about the focus settings.

Absolutely amazing pics Jorge. Seriously.

Damn a lot of you guys make the cars look so damn good. I suck so bad at taking pics. I'd post pics of my liveries on boards and in the SF, and pretty much each one ends up looking the same- same angles, same lighting, etc. Not a skill I poseess.

HD- the new Porsche is incredible. It looks fantastic in game. Superb detail work man.
And I can't wait for the McLaren! That's such a clean sharp lievery, and I'm glad you're doing it justice.

Also, thanks again for the cars!

Did a bit of running with H3rtz's new Porsche tonight.
Definitely one of the best, if not the best. The details are insane!

hher2.jpg

Top photos DP. Love that livery.

Man, I read that article three times and still don't get it.

By "set the focus point" does he mean "press x on the point on the car you want to have focus"? Because I still don't see how it works to bring certain points into focus.

Good read, but I think I might need some translation and interpretation if I want to achieve shots like yours.

I fully understand the requirement for big shots as they really add to the realism without mega compression.

So "Auto-focus" (x) ignores this setting?

I'll read the article... Thanks :)

You're welcome!

Not very sure about the auto-focus...i'll have a go to see the focus part by myself.

Huh, good to know about the focus settings.

Absolutely amazing pics Jorge. Seriously.

Damn a lot of you guys make the cars look so damn good. I suck so bad at taking pics. I'd post pics of my liveries on boards and in the SF, and pretty much each one ends up looking the same- same angles, same lighting, etc. Not a skill I poseess.

Thanks! :)

Well, my first pics were as good as rubbish. Really. Even the angles, I now hate the pics i made back in the FM2 and even FM3 days, but as i said, with time and practise, everyone can improve, i've seen lots of cases, people starts with typical shots, with a very dead color, bad lightning, boring angles (me included, of course) and some weeks/months later, most of them makes impressive pics now!

Also, it's hard to make a perfect shot every time, even now i tend to repeat angles and settings, and I have to force myself to try new things...it's not as easy as it seems, but it's definitely possible, just patience (something i lack normally) and time is needed, nobody is an expert from the beggining (and I honestly still don't consider myself one)

Man, I read that article three times and still don't get it.

By "set the focus point" does he mean "press x on the point on the car you want to have focus"? Because I still don't see how it works to bring certain points into focus.

Exactly. You have to center the camera at the exact point of the car you want to focus, press X, and then put the camera back where you want. As everything related to this, again, it's better to try yourself, i feel like trying to explain things just makes them even more complicated!

Exactly. You have to center the camera at the exact point of the car you want to focus, press X, and then put the camera back where you want. As everything related to this, again, it's better to try yourself, i feel like trying to explain things just makes them even more complicated!

Yeah, that's kind of how I felt when I read the tutorial. I almost forgot everything I knew...

I just realised how crap the photos I post from my Iphone (from IMGUR) look on the actual website here... yikes!

Anyways, post-tutorial...

(forgive the too-in-focus crappy trailers in the background)

7650268104_9dd1689863_c.jpg

¯\(°_o)/¯

The Big Shot of this one is currently downloading...

7653182966_fcdd4d030c_c.jpg

AirBrian

Just picked up the game last night and I have a few questions:

1) Is there a GAF club? And if so, what is it? Is it still active?

2) When you download DLC, where does it go? It's been so long since I've played F3 I can't remember if you still have to buy them from the marketplace or they go into your garage. (I might be getting Forza and GT5 confused?)

3) How does Autovista work? It seems all I can do is walk around the Ferrari but not do anything else. I have to be missing something here.

Also, the game is damn beautiful!

microtubule

using SarBear's photomode settings from a bunch of pages back:
7264936644_c52cdd6dc1_z.jpg

FM4 photomode has really improved from 3 but I hope it's even better in FM5.

If anyone downloaded the IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche please remove the version you have and get the fixed one, it's up now. There was a major bug on the car, the French flag was upside down lol It's funny that no one noticed this so far, I just found out myself and I'm really embarrassed, I'm really sorry guys :(

Cheers, HD

Shaneus

If anyone downloaded the IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche please remove the version you have and get the fixed one, it's up now. There was a major bug on the car, the French flag was upside down lol It's funny that no one noticed this so far, I just found out myself and I'm really embarrassed, I'm really sorry guys :(

Cheers, HD
Unicorn!

Cheers, HD

Sweet.

Can't tell where the French flag you're talking about is though :-/ EDIT: oh, the small one on the bonnet. It's strange the paint scheme on the engine cover is backwards too...but it is actually that way on the real one.

Wish these Porsche racing models weren't 1-million crs! I've already bought one to apply the Matmut livery, but I really want the blue Maldives one now!

Sweet.

Can't tell where the French flag you're talking about is though :-/ EDIT: oh, the small one on the bonnet. It's strange the paint scheme on the engine cover is backwards too...but it is actually that way on the real one.

Wish these Porsche racing models weren't 1-million crs! I've already bought one to apply the Matmut livery, but I really want the blue Maldives one now!

Sent you the Porsche for the TRG livery :)

A small update on McLaren but still WIP . Decided to go first with GT-Tour version but I'll do the Blancplain one as well when this one is done.

7660206040_2e86f14163_z.jpg

7660206528_6bf2f7c588_z.jpg

7660205736_515c9768c6_z.jpg

Sent you the Porsche for the TRG livery :)

A small update on McLaren but still WIP . Decided to go first with GT-Tour version but I'll do the Blancplain one as well when this one is done.

7660206040_2e86f14163_z.jpg

Ha! Thanks HD, I wasn't pleading for one (still living off that massive cr injection you gave out earlier this year), but thanks heaps!

I've got enough crs to spare, I was just making a point how expensive these porsche models are. But with your liveries, they are really worth the spend!

That new Mclaren paint is a work of art!

Thanks again, oh generous one!

Shaneus

Brill. Thanks! But I want to buy two and damnit, money isn't easy to come by. Hate how the DLC cars don't come with money to actually buy stuff with!

Brill. Thanks! But I want to buy two and damnit, money isn't easy to come by. Hate how the DLC cars don't come with money to actually buy stuff with!

Well since HD gave me one, and I was going to buy one anyway.... :)

(what's your XBL GT again?)

NVM it was pretty obvious when I searched my friends list - you should have a new car when you next log on :)

7660877912_5021945f59_c.jpg

Top Bottom