• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mascot

Race Pro has ruined FM4 for me.

I've jumped back into FM4 over the last few days to put some Rivals back in their place, and the physics instantly seem awful by comparison to Race Pro. I always thought FM had a great driving model, but that illusion has been well and truly shattered. Cars in RP feel planted, progressive and predictable. Cars in FM (even with LB tunes) now feel floaty and disconnected with the track.

Avoid Race Pro, people. Ignorance is bliss.

Pepto

Banned

I've jumped back into FM4 over the last few days to put some Rivals back in their place, and the physics instantly seem awful by comparison to Race Pro. I always thought FM had a great driving model, but that illusion has been well and truly shattered. Cars in RP feel planted, progressive and predictable. Cars in FM (even with LB tunes) now feel floaty and disconnected with the track.

Have you tried project cars? I would love to hear how the handling compares to it. They both come from the same lineage (GTR), right?

Mascot

Have you tried project cars? I would love to hear how the handling compares to it. They both come from the same lineage (GTR), right?

I'm watching development of pCARS with eager anticipation, but my PC hardware is too ancient to run it.

Oh my god, your such a drama queen :p

I have played both its not as bad as you are making it.

Jamesways

Mmm Hmmm, right? Told you it's a decent racing sim. LOVE RP's physics. Best on console IMO. Game is pretty much ugly as sin (better in the rain), but man, it's enjoyable to drive. The track texture is wonderful, the bump after the hairpin at Macau still makes me nervous. Along with more tracks, that the one thing I think would really benefit Forza.

That's a great explanation of how the cars feel- planted and predictable. It just feels so solid to drive. But when you push too hard and start to lose it, more often times than not, you lose it. In Forza I can start to throw a R Class cars sideways and recover it pretty easily. Sometimes not, but it seems easier to correct the slides.

I really enjoy Forza a lot, this particular iteration so much more than the last 2, but RP remains my favorite racing game. Can't beat that SimBin feel. it's a real shame they lost a lot of their staff a while ago, I'd have loved to see them release a proper follow up on console, hopefully working with someone other than Atari who could have provided decent support for it as well.

Glad you're enjoying it. We all love racing games, It's good to have options/choices.

HD- DAMN! You're just cranking them out! Excellent work. I still have to jump on and grab the Ferraris, but I'm loving the McLarens.
And I wasn't aware you helped design that Nissan. Absolutely fantastic!

Mascot

Oh my god, your such a drama queen :p

I have played both its not as bad as you are making it.
Just calling it how I feel it..!
One thing that jumps out is FM's exaggerated low-speed understeer. It is WAY too much for my liking.
After a few extended sessions on FM I'd probably start to forget how much better RP feels and go back to loving FM, but playing them both back-to-back is night and day for me.

saladine1

Is there something that can be done about FM's sense of speed?

I mean, I could be driving at 100kph but it feels like i'm going 20!
In the virtual world, the sense of speed is very important where judgement and position is concerned. I just don't feel that FM has got it quite right even if it is realistic..

DasRaven

There is supposed to be word on the Stig's August DLC pack today, right?

Within the hour we'll have details of the "Playseat Car Pack" according to the community manager over at FM.net.
Looks like they're saving Stig for the August/Final(?) DLC pack or the Ultimate Collection exclusive like FM3.

saladine1

Within the hour we'll have details of the "Playseat Car Pack" according to the community manager over at FM.net.
Looks like they're saving Stig for the August/Final(?) DLC pack or the Ultimate Collection exclusive like FM3.

Any clues to the sort of cars in this pack?

DasRaven

Info released:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/August_DLC/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyNxp5kFa8

1962 Lincoln Continental
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
2003 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
1989 Mercedes-Benz #63 Team Sauber-Mercedes C9
1984 Peugeot 205 T16
2013 Scion FR-S
1962 Triumph TR3B
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

I would've preferred the 2013 Genesis Sedan R-Spec over the horribly maimed 2013 Genesis Coupe.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Info released:

1962 Lincoln Continental
1984 Peugeot 205 T16
2013 Scion FR-S
1962 Triumph TR3B
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

I would've preferred the 2013 Genesis Sedan R-Spec over the horribly maimed 2013 Genesis Coupe.
I wanted the C9 for a while, so I'm happy as hell to see it in there.

The Boss 302, Camaro ZL1 and FR-S are just icing on the cake.

Info released:

1962 Lincoln Continental
1984 Peugeot 205 T16
2013 Scion FR-S
1962 Triumph TR3B
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

tN2iK.jpg

SarBear

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarBear

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOSS!!!!!!!!

ZL1!!!!!!!!!!!

FRS!!!!!!!!!!!

My hands and pelvis are on fire right now!!! I need to recharge!!!!!

saladine1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOSS!!!!!!!!

ZL1!!!!!!!!!!!

FRS!!!!!!!!!!!

My hands and pelvis are on fire right now!!! I need to recharge!!!!!

Worst cars in the pack...

I need to get back into this game because now I need to relive my days of trying FOREVER to get the gold in the JP GT4 License Test with the Sauber C9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jqB1yyshzk

Plus I cannot WAIT to see what kits/upgrades are available for the Group B Monster known as the 205 T16 and I am curious if we will see any "sneak peaks" of coming body kits for the FR-S.

I have the bad habit of liking almost every car ever made, so this pack is no exception for me.

Glad to see Lincoln and Triumph in at least, a 80s Pug (also, being the awesome Turbo 16), a Lexus GS (We only had the IS models until now), the Sauber C9 to compete with the 787B, the Camaro and the Mustang, along with the Challenger 392 to make the ultimate Muscle Car race, the DB7, which i was expecting for a long time, the FR-S, which simply had to be added (good thing the GT5 exclusivity ended) and the latest Genesis Coupe, which is actually a good machine after all.

G17

I was under the assumption that the FR-S was GT5 exclusive, pleasantly surprised to see it in this pack! Makes it a must buy for me.

Oh yes! the Sauber C9 finally! that was one of the few cars i really wanted from GT5, finally! and the Peugeot 205 is awesome too. The rest of the cars are nice but none of them its a must have to me. The DB7 Sagato gives me hopes for the stock DB7 thats one of my favorite Astons.

Forza is giving me such great cars that i been wanting like the Mazda 787B, Ascari, Venom GT and Sauber C9, i really wanted these cars in the game.

I hope the Peugeot will get some nice upgrades, I need to make it look like this...

3762981572_9092f0d8dc.jpg

Jub3, please tell us the Peugeot will get those upgrades :)

Paladin, Merc C9 was pretty much the only car I was driving in GT5, extremely happy to have it in Forza now :)

As for the C9, which paint scheme would you guys rather have at the release day? Of course if Jub3 will toss me an early code that is :D

DSC08529_800.jpg

DSC08505_800.jpg

G Rom

92 manufacturers and they can't even add open wheel only manufacturers like Ariel or Caterham yet ! Just crazy !

BTW, in the DLC section of FC's car list...

Name: TBA
Release: TBA
Price: TBA
Content: TBA

92 manufacturers and they can't even add open wheel only manufacturers like Ariel or Caterham yet ! Just crazy !

BTW, in the DLC section of FC's car list...

Name: TBA
Release: TBA
Price: TBA
Content: TBA

Thats something to do with the graphica representation of the suspension. Probably something to do with the graphic engine, just like they cant use different set of rims for the front and the back (which it makes lots of the cars look weird with its original rims).

G Rom

Yeah, I know about the limitation. I actually meant that once they'll have sorted that out then they'll automatically "unlock" new potential manufacturers to be added to the already very long list.
I'm betting on 800+ cars from 100+ manufacturers raced on 150+ layouts tracks being the marketing speech of FM5.

Speaking of manufacturers, I wonder why Sköda isn't part of the game yet. They have the RS line and rallying background as well. Being part of VW, you would think that it would be easy to get the licence, maybe Turn 10 doesn't know that they exist... :D

Speaking of manufacturers, I wonder why Sköda isn't part of the game yet. They have the RS line and rallying background as well. Being part of VW, you would think that it would be easy to get the licence, maybe Turn 10 doesn't know that they exist... :D

Agree with that. Plus, is the only remaining VAG company yet to be added....but funnily enough, Sköda isn't in GT5 as well. Odd.

And since Seat is getting a pretty nice treatment in Forza, is more than fair to ask Sköda to be added*, it's just too big to be ignored.

(I mean, it's weird they gave Seat 5 models, which is great for me, but at the same time, 0 Sködas)

1962 Lincoln Continental
1984 Peugeot 205 T16
2013 Scion FR-S

1962 Triumph TR3B
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Ohhhh yeaaaahhhhhh.

I got my wish on the C9 Sauber, so for just that alone, this pack will be mine :)

SarBear

2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Laguna-Seca-for-charity-623x389.jpg

Oooh......damn, bitch you are fucking SEXY!

01-grabber-blue-boss-302-585x388.jpg

Shit, you look good in blue, too!

1b03d__New-photos-2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-128.jpg

Yea, you know i like dem titties....

2013_ford_mustang_4.jpg

God, but DAT ASS!!

ford-racing-2013-boss-302-sx-concept-5.jpg

Damn, showin me all that already!!! You're a real freak! God, look at all them soft organs! Which one do I wanna touch first?

2013-Ford-Boss-302-Gotta-Have-It-Green-NY-Auto-Show-1024x764.jpg

Snap, you got a sister?!?

2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-NY-Auto-Show-620x458-custom.jpg

Wait, TRIPLETS?!?! 8-D

7687546952_f0c22b0393.jpg

Baby, don't even worry about those other hoes, they can't compare to you.

20120730145927971.jpg

Don't worry about her, either, that's just my wife. She'll never fucking know, baby.

2013-mustang-boss-302-1-450x278.jpg

You're the only real woman in my life....unless an old ex pops up.....I'm kinda still in love with...

2004_ford_mustang_svt_cobra_2_dr_supercharged_coupe-pic-26060.jpeg

...she was amazing.

TJP

Race Pro is Race '07/Race On/GTR Evo (sans Nurburgring) and feels fantastic just like its PC brother. GTR 2 was excellent for its day but has a deeply flawed tyre model according to the man who helped create the game - Ian Bell. A lot of gamers rave about GTR 2 and with good reason: day & night racing, FIA GT1 licence, great track selection but the tyre and physics models in Race 07 feel more realistic and the GT cars are far less prone to spin unless you are really hamfisted/brutal on the throttle. FWIW, Game Stock Car 2012 has moved the goal posts even futher with truly sublime FFB and physics.

How does CARS feel? Many cars feel fantastic - the Caterham & Gumpert spring to mind whilst the rest of the cars range in feel from a WIP to nearly there. Remember CARS remains in an 'alpha' state. Ian Bell has mentioned SMS are trying to fix the tyre feel. There is a dedicated CARS thread if you are interested in reading others opinions

I've jumped back into FM4 over the last few days to put some Rivals back in their place, and the physics instantly seem awful by comparison to Race Pro.
Race Pro is a sensational game from a physics standpoint. FM4 has a lot of great things going for it but RP is unmatched on the console when it comes to physics IMO. Track selection in RP is fantastic too - pity Atari has never dropped the price of the DLC but I think the DLC is well worth the MS points.

Top Bottom