• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Had a bit of a play in the 458 GT3 last night (once I decided on which of H3rtz's liveries to pick). Forgot how good of a car this was too.

458b.jpg

458a.jpg

I have this 1:18th Exoto at home:

sauber_michelin1.jpg

Reckon I'll try to create this for Forza now.
Doesn't look like it'll be too hard, and the Michelin Man is probably fairly easy!

BADNED

Yeah, I know about the limitation. I actually meant that once they'll have sorted that out then they'll automatically "unlock" new potential manufacturers to be added to the already very long list.
I'm betting on 800+ cars from 100+ manufacturers raced on 150+ layouts tracks being the marketing speech of FM5.

Speaking of manufacturers, I wonder why Sköda isn't part of the game yet. They have the RS line and rallying background as well. Being part of VW, you would think that it would be easy to get the licence, maybe Turn 10 doesn't know that they exist... :D
bKKjf.gif

ŠŠŠŠŠ

@SarBear
She can't run away forever. Once she is out of breath, we will catch her.

Mascot

Track selection in RP is fantastic too - pity Atari has never dropped the price of the DLC but I think the DLC is well worth the MS points.

I didn't even think to look for track DLC on Race Pro. You've just made my day!

Anyone feeling like some variety between now and the release of FM5 should give this game a go. It's the best £5 I've ever spent.

I have this 1:18th Exoto at home:

sauber_michelin1.jpg

Reckon I'll try to create this for Forza now.
Doesn't look like it'll be too hard, and the Michelin Man is probably fairly easy!

I'll gift you the Michelin man tonight.

My current livery attempt has met its first adversary: the fact that the R8 is a shitty thing to paint with those massive black air dams ;-(

Anyone feeling like some variety between now and the release of FM5 should give this game a go. It's the best £5 I've ever spent.

I've got a mate lending me Race Pro tomorrow so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Shaneus

Anyone feeling like some variety between now and the release of FM5 should give this game a go..
...who doesn't have a PC. I do, so I bought the Race Injection pack with all the other add-ons that it didn't include. Cost me $30 :)

Mascot

I've got a mate lending me Race Pro tomorrow so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Be prepared for:
Shit graphics
Sublime physics
Abysmal graphics
Tight races
Awful graphics
Great audio
Terrible graphics
Believable AI
Shoddy graphics
Superb track selection
PS2 graphics
Exciting races
Very poor presentation

You get the idea..?

(PS put it on the hardest setting. It's still pretty easy, unfortunately)

Be prepared for:
Shit graphics
Sublime physics
Abysmal graphics
Tight races
Awful graphics
Great audio
Terrible graphics
Believable AI
Shoddy graphics
Superb track selection
PS2 graphics
Exciting races
Very poor presentation

You get the idea..?

(PS put it on the hardest setting. It's still pretty easy, unfortunately)

I certainly do, but that's not everything to me.

Is wheel necessary or will the pad suffice?

TJP

Dunno, never played it with a pad. The FFB is pretty weak using my GT2, but the steering accuracy and overall feel is great.
There is a work around for this - plug the wheel into the second controller port from memory. A few people posted on the RaceRoom forums their Fanatec wheel settings - http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php/topic,1652.0.html

RP track DLC includes Estoril, Okayama, Spa, Mid Ohio (3 versions), Road America & Imola and quite a few cars. Atrai reps talked of Nurburgring DLC prior to dropping their support 3 minuets after release. Ignore the DLC sizes of 1.5+ GB - they are half the listed sizes to DL but about that once installed.

I didn't think the graphics in RP were that bad it's a rough looking game but it's way better than PS2 level but nowhere near the Xbox best of a Codemasters game, Forza 4 or PGR 4

OK,
Here's my WIP of the APR R8 LMS - still a bit to do like the roof decal and smaller sponsor ones.

It's a bit of a pain to get right whilst wrestling with vinyl placement anomalies, but I think I am happy with how it's looking so far.

Thought I would post a few shots just to let you know what's up.

7691325026_6c7ac5ec20_c.jpg

7691324514_2949c732ee_c.jpg

7691323932_c87f42271a_c.jpg

7691323200_d704c3629e_c.jpg

Cheers, Erin

Jamesways

OK,
Here's my WIP of the APR R8 LMS - still a bit to do like the roof decal and smaller sponsor ones.

It's a bit of a pain to get right whilst wrestling with vinyl placement anomalies, but I think I am happy with how it's looking so far.

Cheers, Erin

EXCELLENT! I've been looking for a properly done version of that. Some on the SF, a few better than others, but you know what I mean.

Yeah, the Audi has several glitches/areas that make it a pain.
Tough thing about doing window banners on top of unpaintable ones, it can make the window look way too big and goofy. Sometimes it just looks better to leave it off.

Looks great so far man!

Great job on Audi paint evil_as_skeletor, you should keep it on this car, even though you can't paint the carbon parts you won't find a better car for this paint.

Here is my huge progress on the McLaren lol The last piece to the puzzle just scares the shit out of me :D

7693440586_d4357ffeb2_c.jpg

OK,

Thought I would post a few shots just to let you know what's up.

7691323200_d704c3629e_c.jpg

Cheers, Erin

Holy crap, awesome work dude!

Great job on Audi paint evil_as_skeletor, you should keep it on this car, even though you can't paint the carbon parts you won't find a better car for this paint.

Here is my huge progress on the McLaren lol The last piece to the puzzle just scares the shit out of me :D

Looking good. As you say, that horribly tricky bit of designing at the back to go haha..

EXCELLENT! I've been looking for a properly done version of that. Some on the SF, a few better than others, but you know what I mean.

Yeah, the Audi has several glitches/areas that make it a pain.
Tough thing about doing window banners on top of unpaintable ones, it can make the window look way too big and goofy. Sometimes it just looks better to leave it off.

Looks great so far man!

Goo tip! Yeah, I've considered turfing the banner, it just won't look right.
Why put space there if its unpaintable!!!

There are a few areas that aren't "spot-on", but a lot of areas have been made to work, rather than being a true replica.

I hope it's good enough!

Thanks for the comps!

Love that colour combination!

This one is going to be sick!

Jamesways

Goo tip! Yeah, I've considered turfing the banner, it just won't look right.
Why put space there if its unpaintable!!!

There are a few areas that aren't "spot-on", but a lot of areas have been made to work, rather than being a true replica.

I hope it's good enough!

Thanks for the comps!

Most of the time, it looks just fine, just look at HD's Ferrari and McLarens. Here's an example of where it doesn't look so good, I did the Team NFS on the BMW Z4 at release. Just made the window look way too big from various angles.
6245769240_b4f812f230_z.jpg

But I've done 2 Audi LMS paints where I did the banner above it. Just depends on the livery and car I guess. Really looking forward to seeing that Audi done Evil.

HD- I still can't believe you're doing that one, talk about a difficult paint. Man. That seems like it'd take a really long time, plus the layer count max... damn!

Most of the time, it looks just fine, just look at HD's Ferrari and McLarens. Here's an example of where it doesn't look so good, I did the Team NFS on the BMW Z4 at release. Just made the window look way too big from various angles.
6245769240_b4f812f230_z.jpg

But I've done 2 Audi LMS paints where I did the banner above it. Just depends on the livery and car I guess. Really looking forward to seeing that Audi done Evil.

Is that bad boy up in your storefront... :)

Yeah, I figured if it's blacked out, I'd rather just leave it. Sometimes it looks ridiculous.

My pet peeve is how many cars "rear bumper" areas are unpaintable. The most obvious spot, the license plate area, in most cars is a void. It really gets me...

I just hope it lives up you your expectations.

Jamesways

Is that bad boy up in your storefront... :)

Yeah, I figured if it's blacked out, I'd rather just leave it. Sometimes it looks ridiculous.

My pet peeve is how many cars "rear bumper" areas are unpaintable. The most obvious spot, the license plate area, in most cars is a void. It really gets me...

I just hope it lives up you your expectations.

Yes it sure is, and a version with or without banners. And 2 24hr Nurb Audis, 2 24hr LMS cars, 2 Belgian Vipers, and 4 Race Pro replicas too*

*shameless advertising

Pics here if you want to check them out without loading the game up.
http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/jamesways-paints.37413/

GT- Jamesways

And don't worry, your Audi already looks great!

250 layers left to finish the rest lol I'm gonna sweat really hard on this one :D I might have to remove the Michelin man to make it work, we'll see.

7695418240_8e94ddcfe7_c.jpg

250 layers left to finish the rest lol I'm gonna sweat really hard on this one :D I might have to remove the Michelin man to make it work, we'll see.

Geez, that's unreal! Looks like an incredible amount of work..

Quick question, the custom text you do, running-writing stuff, that's all made of basic shapes too, yeah?

Was able to squeeze it somehow, just a little bit of tale left to finish but I'll do it tomorrow, to tired to do it now :D If everything goes well the whole thing will be ready and out tomorrow :)

7695821652_bfe0ec8729_c.jpg

99% Done.

Man, this car really pissed me off. Unpaintable areas, vinyl stretching areas, asymmetrical modelling, layer limits...you name it.

It's good enough, but, I am not 100% happy with it in its entirety...

I'll hopefully have it up for you to grab tomorrow night.

7698322562_ff6688b8d1_c.jpg

7698321168_aca86e95d3_c.jpg

7698320456_17b8e1649e_c.jpg

99% Done.

Man, this car really pissed me off. Unpaintable areas, vinyl stretching areas, asymmetrical modelling, layer limits...you name it.

7698322562_ff6688b8d1_c.jpg

7698321168_aca86e95d3_c.jpg

7698320456_17b8e1649e_c.jpg

Damn dude, very nice! You seriously have a good eye and some crazy talent with this stuff man.

Was able to squeeze it somehow, just a little bit of tale left to finish but I'll do it tomorrow, to tired to do it now :D If everything goes well the whole thing will be ready and out tomorrow :)

7695821652_bfe0ec8729_c.jpg

Holy shit.

I've picked up all of your 12C GT3 designs, HD, and have been hard-pressed to pick a favorite, although I was leaning towards the Mobil 1 fantasy livery. "Was" being the operative word; this one might be your best work yet. Absolutely stunning, my friend.

In other news, another month, another amazing car pack, but even though this one includes the almighty C9, it's getting difficult for me to get hyped for more rides in the absence of even a single new track, but I take it that's what the "TBA" on BADNED's DLC overview is for, lolamirite?

Oh, re: Zonda F:

BADNED said:
Considered only in the early days of FM2 but then they acquired the Zonda R and so it was left on the list. But minds can change if the demand from the fans rises.

Get rising with the demand, you bums!

99% Done.

Sounds like it's been a PITA, but the result is awesome! Looking great, can't wait to pick it up.

The paint is done and up on the storefront guys, ready to be taken for a spin, enjoy :)

#88 VON RYAN RACING --- BLANCPAIN ENDURANCE SERIES

7701261852_bb14f064fb_z.jpg

7701262040_6205c2bbdc_z.jpg

7701261940_6bec50da8d_z.jpg

Cheers HD

Thanks guys :)

evil_as_skeletor ,you have a private message sir ;)

SarBear, I have it on my "to do" list, it will get done soon, probably after the weekend along with the Corvette. I'm not gonna do the Lexus cause Raudi did it and it's fine quality, unless he took it off his storefront then I will make one.

Deadpool, you have a private message as well ;)

The paint is done and up on the storefront guys, ready to be taken for a spin, enjoy :)

#88 VON RYAN RACING --- BLANCPAIN ENDURANCE SERIES

Cheers HD

Absolutely incredible.
Don't think I can buy another MP4-12C, so I think I'll use this one in favour of the white MOBIL livery you did, I prefer this one I think :)

Great work again.

Thank you sir.

SarBear

Thanks guys :)

evil_as_skeletor ,you have a private message sir ;)

SarBear, I have it on my "to do" list, it will get done soon, probably after the weekend along with the Corvette. I'm not gonna do the Lexus cause Raudi did it and it's fine quality, unless he took it off his storefront then I will make one.

Yea, i noticed Raudi did do a rendition of it. Rather good too :) Thanks. I didn't know I was still on your queue. heehee

MUSTANG!!!

Top Bottom