• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

regs

2s0bm1w.jpg

kneePat

Forza 4 has some awesome and free day one DLC on the dashboard right now for the BMW M5

Marketplace links:

BMW M5 Add on

The description says: This pack contains one car for you to collect, race, customize, or explore in Autovista: 2012 BMW M5. In game credits or Car Tokens required to purchase these cars in Career Play. Also it's around 370 MB.

BMW M5 Theme

so grab it while you can

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
kneePat said:
Forza 4 has some awesome and free day one DLC on the dashboard right now for the BMW M5

Marketplace links:

BMW M5 Add on

The description says: This pack contains one car for you to collect, race, customize, or explore in Autovista: 2012 BMW M5. In game credits or Car Tokens required to purchase these cars in Career Play. Also it's around 370 MB.

BMW M5 Theme

so grab it while you can

I just downloaded a car through the internet, are you fucking serious.

ha ha, oh wow.jpg

eso76

Slayer-33 said:
For some reason I really like this pic, it seems I can lick the white on it.

yeah , and in that part of the track it looks like light is bouncing off the curbs with a light red tint. Maybe it's just the reflections though ?

one of the most beautiful cars ever

forza238737.jpg

acm2000

ok, can one of you annoying american bastards who have the game already (not jealous, honest) answer me something, in rivals mode, can i adjust the transparency of the ghost car??!?! i am sick to death of the ghost causing me to go off track or not see incoming cars in the demo

derFeef

G Rom said:
Yeah I'll probably make it if no one does but it won't be until I can post from my computer. ;)
First rule will be the banning of imgur which already ruined too many GT5 photos.
What's wrong with imgur? I made the Space Marine OT with imgur pics... I am scared now.

DodgerSan

cjelly said:
GAME have shipped my LCE. HYPE!
Don't get too excited though:

Thank you for preordering Forza Motorsport 4 from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of Forza Motorsport 4 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to
you in time for launch day. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your
payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled.
If your order has been cancelled please place a new order on www.game.co.uk/forza

If your payment has been successful you will receive an email letting you know that your order
is on its way. It will not reach you early, this just means its being held ready for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
http://www.game.co.uk/contact

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

Meh.

eso76 said:
like i said...you'll be discouraged when you see how long it takes to render one.
Unless it's a problem with upload on my connections, this one took almost 10 minutes.
Also bigshots seem to have some slight aliasing. Not a problem since you're not going to use them full res anyway.

Actually it might be your connection man. My Big Shots take less than 3 minutes on the average to process and upload.

And there goes my hope for Unicorns. Every single one went for some ridiculous amount of money that us mere mortals have no hope to ever achieve. *sigh* I guess it is nice to want things.

derFeef

I have not followed the thread recently, but all photos looks great from a compression point of view. Is this fixed now or are you guys saving them to the hdd?

G Rom

Damn I'm pissed that I can't bid on unicorns with all the money I got. It will be a nightmare to get them later. I'd especially like the Mine's as they seem to have insane sound going by the AIs driving them.

Arucardo

G Rom said:
Damn I'm pissed that I can't bid on unicorns with all the money I got. It will be a nightmare to get them later. I'd especially like the Mine's as they seem to have insane sound going by the AIs driving them.
I'm sure it'll turn up in the club shared cars at least :)

Shaneus

Having the unicorns up now is a bit of a rip on the people who have the delayed release. Blows... and very, very frustrating.

This game is freaking fantastic.

My only gripe is my 240Z fender mirrors don't work. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

I made a C-class 240sx. 250hp SR20 swap, race suspension (not tuned yet), few other mods. I was 2 secs below the fastest time on Tsukuba short. Gotta do more tuning.

Anyone else really like C-Class? I love it, always have since Forza 2.

G Rom

It's like the cockpit mirrors, it fluctuates IIRC.

I think the evolutive difficulty really is broken, at least in my career. I've just completed a multi-class GT2/GT1-GTS race at one of Sebring's short layout (the one retaining the famous last corner). Not only did I come 2nd overall, I fucking laped all cars in my class except one. FYI, I was supposed to be in the worst class.
I don't know what's happening but there's clearly a difference between my world tour difficulty and when I go in free play. I think in free play, the whole field is in pro while in career only one or two cars are. And even those two cars, I'm not entirely sure that they are in pro as racing seems much closer in free play.

acm2000

acm2000 said:
ok, can one of you annoying american bastards who have the game already (not jealous, honest) answer me something, in rivals mode, can i adjust the transparency of the ghost car??!?! i am sick to death of the ghost causing me to go off track or not see incoming cars in the demo

anyone? :(

Bleh, my order from Microsoft still say processign, so unless they do same day delivery, I doubt it will be here today. I guess I will go to GameStop and pick up my other copy later.

Shaneus

G Rom said:

I think the evolutive difficulty really is broken, at least in my career. I've just completed a multi-class GT2/GT1-GTS race at one of Sebring's short layout (the one retaining the famous last corner). Not only did I come 2nd overall, I fucking laped all cars in my class except one. FYI, I was supposed to be in the worst class.
I don't know what's happening but there's clearly a difference between my world tour difficulty and when I go in free play. I think in free play, the whole field is in pro while in career only one or two cars are. And even those two cars, I'm not entirely sure that they are in pro as racing seems much closer in free play.
Any M. Rossi sightings?

eso76

G Rom said:

I think the evolutive difficulty really is broken, at least in my career.

I noticed that too.
I assumed it's just because i was still in early class but i am not seeing changes yet; pro in world tour does seem broken.
I found it hard to come first in the demo but the cpu is never a challenge in world tour.
In events where everyone drives the same model you just breeze through everyone within the first few turns.
I haven't upgraded anything (and btw, i really don't like the free upgrades thing) maybe that's what's keeping the AI at dumb level ?
Whatever it is, Jube please have the guys at T10 look into it, something isn't working correctly

AMUSIX

World Tour difficulty is reactive. You can't set it. Instead, it starts out rather easy for the first 10 driver levels or so. You most likely won't lose a race during these levels. Then it starts to climb, and you get shocked when you actually lose one. It's still easy for a while, but you start noticing closer competition. I'm at the point now where a wrong car choice can make a race very challenging (something that wasn't happening before).

G Rom

Problem is that I'm already well past the first 10 levels. I'm level 51, on my way to finish the tenth season and I haven't seen that difficulty spike you speak of. Whenever I've lost a race it was because of my lack of attention/sleep making me crash, it was never because of an AI being faster than me and fairly beating me.

Mascot

G Rom said:
Problem is that I'm already well past the first 10 levels. I'm level 51, on my way to finish the tenth season and I haven't seen that difficulty spike you speak of. Whenever I've lost a race it was because of my lack of attention/sleep making me crash, it was never because of an AI being faster than me and fairly beating me.
This is worrying.

Slayer-33 said:
I just downloaded a car through the internet, are you fucking serious.

ha ha, oh wow.jpg
B b b but I was told I wouldn't download a car, hence down loading music was wrong. My moral compass is out of whack.

LCE should be here in a few hours... this is beyond exciting. I was too busy to go pick up the game early so I'm just letting Amazon bring it to me.

Thank you to the GAF'er who offered me an early release copy, you shall not be named but you shall definitely be rewarded, just ask.

Top Bottom