• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Hyoushi

G Rom said:
Problem is that I'm already well past the first 10 levels. I'm level 51, on my way to finish the tenth season and I haven't seen that difficulty spike you speak of. Whenever I've lost a race it was because of my lack of attention/sleep making me crash, it was never because of an AI being faster than me and fairly beating me.
Sounds like Forza 3. The only time F3 ever served up an actual challenge was in same-make, all stock races, how are those in 4? Also, have you noticed any difference on tracks that the AI simply couldn't drive in F3? The full Maple Valley, for instance, where AI cars in S-class and above would most often just slam their brakes on before the hump after turn 2.

skyfinch

Xanadu said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-evolution-forza-motorsport/722069

may have been posted already but this is a cool vid

forza 1 looks great to this day, and forza 2 looks hardly any better lol, forza 4 is what 2 should have looked like IMO, we really havent come that far this gen have we? compare GT2 to GT3, now THAT was a huge step

Well, FM2 does run at 720p 60fps, vs 480p 30fps for FM1.

And yes, I think we've come very far. Even if you compare FM2 to FM4. FM2 was released in 2007. Only 4 years ago. There have been massive improvements made since then, including 500+ cockpits, IBL, completely overhauled physics and 16 cars on screen.

Edit, insidesimracing wheel buyer's guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ZXIqe8Psg&feature=feedu

Wazzim

Banned
cjelly said:
GAME have shipped my LCE. HYPE!
Lucky! I'm still waiting..

EDIT: Oh forgot you guys don't have super fast delivery like us here, all orders in the Netherlands are delivered on the day after shipping.

kazinova

Looks like I'll be heading to Best Buy to get my preorder at lunch? I don't want to have to move from the couch once I get home.

BTW, you jerks have convinced me to buy a speed wheel if they have one...

Today is going to be a long day at work. Luckily Amazon won't have it delivered until after I leave work anyway, so I won't be tempted to bail out early.

AMUSIX

BoobPhysics101 said:
Thank you to the GAF'er who offered me an early release copy, you shall not be named but you shall definitely be rewarded, just ask.
2sIgD.png

So no Aussies managed to grab a copy early? I wish I was playing this now instead of meh-ing at 'othergames' lackluster update (IMO - and I know, keep that shit outta here...).

Big time excited for Thursday, though!!!
Loving these photos to help make me get through (and at the same time not helping me get through) the next two work days.

Hyoushi said:
Sounds like Forza 3. The only time F3 ever served up an actual challenge was in same-make, all stock races, how are those in 4? Also, have you noticed any difference on tracks that the AI simply couldn't drive in F3? The full Maple Valley, for instance, where AI cars in S-class and above would most often just slam their brakes on before the hump after turn 2.
Bringing a knife to gun fight is how I've dealt with slow AI in the previous games. It sounds like they're slower still in FM4, which is such a shame.

The Stig

looks like amazon will deliver today:

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 10/11/2011, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

getting off work early today.

weeeee

U2NUMB

Alright stuck at work and wont get the game till later when I am off.

Question that just popped into my head that someone might be able to answer. I bought the season pass .. what is the process as far as making a car a Club Car so other club members can drive them? Could someone make DLC cars Club Cars? So my close friends in my club could try them out to see if they want to drive them?

Just wondering how this works or if this is even allowed.

nagge

evil_as_skeletor said:
This bearing mod, any links?
Also, dies this fix the lateral play/ looseness of the actual steering hub/column?

Don't have any link at hand, but just google for it, it's all over the internet and even some videos on youtube.

And yes, it gets rid of the play in the wheel, its really solid and the FFB gets stronger and more precise as a side effect.

Dynoro

Mascot said:
Word on the street is: GAME deliveries will start arriving on Thursday, as per normal. BAH!
My GAME order is still showing as "unshipped" so I would be thankful for Thursday at this rate.

Has anyone received a code for the bonus car yet from GAME or does that not appear until Friday?

Snubbers

nagge said:
Ms wheel with ball bearing mod.

Cool, I went from modded MS wheel to a Fanatec PWTS, it took a bit of adjusting, but dialled it in quite quickly and improved my times a little..

I was mainly asking, had you come from a controller to a wheel, it'd have been nice to get some perspective from a quick driver if either seemed to have an advantage.. I'm struggling against a few pad users I'm normally more competitive with, and can't quite break into the 1:39's on the Zonda Challenge (1:40.0xx at the mo)..

Mascot said:
Word on the street is: GAME deliveries will start arriving on Thursday, as per normal. BAH!
At least that's a day early, I pre-ordered in-store, so I'm assuming strictly no release before Friday!!! Mind you the speed wheel + std FM4 (for the kids ;)) from shopto.. that'd be nice if it shipped today!

SarBear

eso76 said:
yeah , and in that part of the track it looks like light is bouncing off the curbs with a light red tint. Maybe it's just the reflections though ?

one of the most beautiful cars ever

forza238737.jpg

You have now become a very close friend.

samdavis

Neo Member
Slayer-33 said:
...the subtle effects in the cockpit view make a big difference and the sense of speed is higher + they re-placed the seating position in cockpit mode to perfection pretty much the FOV is MUCH better and just seems right all the time from the cars that I have tried out...

Any idea why you can't look around the car while in cockpit view? Not all around the car but I seem to recall PGR 3 not allowing you to look behind you with the right analog stick if you were in cockpit view. You actually had to use the rear view mirror.

I may be mistaken but there was a fairly recent game, and it featured mostly real cars (it wasn't GT5, remember playing this well before that came out) that allowed you a limited range of motion within the cockpit to look at the mirrors, down a bit near the radio, up (for whatever reason) and off to the right. In Forza it just gives you a view to the left, right, and back as if you're viewing a camera attached to the outside of the car.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
You mean limited view to the right and left door panels/windows+mirrors?

And no interior shown when looking directly left/right/back?

That's how it has always been in the FM games.

Cptkrush

samdavis said:
Any idea why you can't look around the car while in cockpit view? Not all around the car but I seem to recall PGR 3 not allowing you to look behind you with the right analog stick if you were in cockpit view. You actually had to use the rear view mirror.

I may be mistaken but there was a fairly recent game, and it featured mostly real cars (it wasn't GT5, remember playing this well before that came out) that allowed you a limited range of motion within the cockpit to look at the mirrors, down a bit near the radio, up (for whatever reason) and off to the right. In Forza it just gives you a view to the left, right, and back as if you're viewing a camera attached to the outside of the car.
when you push up on the right stick, you can make subtle movements left and right to look around the cockpit, like into your side mirrors, it was like this in F3 too. Actually come to think of it, you're probably thinking of Forza 3 with the limited viewing.

Out For Delivery!

It's going to be tough to actually hit the gym after work today ... can't wait! Already warned the girl that I will be checking out for the remainder of the week!

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:
MS hasn't even shipped my LCE lol.. Still says in process, wth?

A lot of times I've accepted packages from carriers despite the tracking information still saying "pending" or "in progress." Hope for the best! And I just KNOW you don't want that Honda CRZ, amirite?!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:
A lot of times I've accepted packages from carriers despite the tracking information still saying "pending" or "in progress." Hope for the best! And I just KNOW you don't want that Honda CRZ, amirite?!
They haven't charged me or mailed the code* :(

gotee12

I have a burning questions for those that have the game in hand...

Is the KIA Ceeee'ee'''e'e''eeeeddd available from the get go? Do you start off with one in your garage or do you need to purchase it? Please tell me it's not an unlock.

My hopes and dreams are to flip on the game, hop in the Cee'e''eee'eeeddd and head straight to the TG test track and see if I can at least beat 1:48.00

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Absoludacrous said:
So, near as I can figure, World Tour mode gives you choices that, while named after events in the event list, aren't those actual races. Unless it happens to be the right track/lap count, it won't check off the box. Doing the first 7 races gave me 2 checks and 1 race of progress towards a third.

Really strange.

what it is probbly doing is pulling a race in world tour from any number of events in the event list. remember in fm3, an event may have 3 seperate races in the same or different locations. now though, world tour is always single race choices in different parts of the world. after your 7 races you actually completed all the races in 2 events from the list and progress on the others

sneaky77

UPS doesn't deliver at my house usually until 6pm so at least it won't torture me much like being delivered at noon and not being able to get there anyway

Anyone have a link to a tuning vid that is more than just someone showing you how to fill out a spreadsheet?

I'm just looking for something a little more detailed than the descriptions on the tune screen in-game.

Top Bottom