• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Slayer-33 said:
MS hasn't even shipped my LCE lol.. Still says in process, wth?

I read on the official Forza Forums that MS orders were not shipping until today, everyone else can ship with a release date delivery except MS...go figure.

Hope I am wrong and you get it today instead.

I find it hilarious that I just received the game from UPS. ordered from newegg (not amazon like all of you) and got it for the final price of just 44$

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
MarleyManiac said:
I read on the official Forza Forums that MS orders were not shipping until today, everyone else can ship with a release date delivery except MS...go figure.

Hope I am wrong and you get it today instead.
That's just nuts.. The company that's responsible for the development and publishing costs of their franchise doesn't ship like they are supposed to :( I feel bad for the ones that have to wait an extra day.

I deleted my email that had the code for the STI. I checked the trash and there's nothing there. DAAAMN YOU .EDU EMAIL!!!!!

Edit: Contacted Amazon support and they gave me my code. I had downloaded the free BMW the other day which was a 370MB download. I typed in my STI code and it said it was around the same size or maybe was the same, anyway, it finished instantly. So, I guess that 370MB has multiple cars on it?

Also, I wish there was a way to preinstall the game to my harddrive. I'm going to have to wait for the disc to install to my hdd, then wait for disc 2 to install all the cars.

Not sure how everyones LCE searches are going but my local WalMart got about 10 units for each of their stores in my area.

With that said I rarely buy Limited Edition Packs but if they are all put together as nicely as this LCE's will be all I buy in the future.

Mr.Green

What I wanna know - and I might spam this post until at least one of you maniacs answers - is if the Fanatec CSR wheel is a worthy upgrade from their Porsche one.

DasRaven

Mr.Green said:
What I wanna know - and I might spam this post until at least one of you maniacs answers - is if the Fanatec CSR wheel is a worthy upgrade from their Porsche one.

ISR suggests that it is somewhat better, but the group of people who've experienced both is quite small right now since they're just arriving stateside and many hardcore are probably offline enjoying FM4 and/or GT5 spec II right now.

samdavis

Neo Member
Cptkrush said:
when you push up on the right stick, you can make subtle movements left and right to look around the cockpit, like into your side mirrors, it was like this in F3 too. Actually come to think of it, you're probably thinking of Forza 3 with the limited viewing.

There was wider range of motion in another game, I think it was PGR. I should probably just fire it up to be sure. It was definitely in one of the first games that I'd played that had really detailed interiors and that was almost certainly PGR.

nismogrendel said:
My only gripe is my 240Z fender mirrors don't work. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

I asked earlier but got no response: Are there any authentic aftermarket spoilers, bumpers, flare, etc. for the 240Z or any of the Datsuns (if there's more than one) in the game?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Slayer-33 said:
That's just nuts.. The company that's responsible for the development and publishing costs of their franchise doesn't ship like they are supposed to :( I feel bad for the ones that have to wait an extra day.
Is the MS store actually MS, though? I thought it was handled by an outside company.

Mr.Green said:
The non elite CSR is the same internals so I can't imagine it being a $250 worthy upgrade

Cptkrush

Mr.Green said:
I'll give some impressions when mine arrives later, never used a 911 wheel however so make of it what you will.

TaKeRx said:
Guys, I picked up my Forza 4 LCE preorder from bestbuy, but don't see a code for the 1M?

this reminds me, anyone want to trade codes? I have the WRX code from amazon and I'm definitely looking to find a 1 Series M code.

It looks like I'm getting the ol screwjob from Amazon today. :/

They've been very consistent for me with the release date delivery for a couple years now, but my copy of F4 still says it's in another state right now, and I doubt it's going to get to me by the end of the day.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Why, thank you FedEx and Amazon Prime.

BDgWB.jpg

qqe7x0.jpg

Post this while I am waiting for system update and installing disc 1. I love the LCE pale blue silver color case.

(There were two at my local Wal-mart - only place open at 6:00 am when I am off work, no pre-order bonus though).

gotee12

Oh crap! Mine has been delivered. UPS NEVER delivers before 5:00pmEST. It's now 11:00am and I'll be stuck at work for another 4 hours.

AND IT'S POURING RAIN OUTSIDE.

Cptkrush

gotee12 said:
Oh crap! Mine has been delivered. UPS NEVER delivers before 5:00pmEST. It's now 11:00am and I'll be stuck at work for another 4 hours.

AND IT'S POURING RAIN OUTSIDE.
you know what you must do.

First person in the game dept at Best Buy this morning. Took 20min to get everything returned/rebought from the pre-order, but the good news is they now scan a piece of paper and print out your pre-order bonus car code on the receipt.

421254263.jpg

Waiting for the system update to finish so I can start installing.

gotee12

Cptkrush said:
you know what you must do.
Yeah, I'm working out a way now with co-workers to "disappear" from the bosses sight for 45 minutes. I really hope the driver put it in a dry spot, and there's not that many around my house during rain.

DasRaven

LoveAndBeer said:
First person in the game dept at Best Buy this morning. Took 20min to get everything returned/rebought from the pre-order, but the good news is they now scan a piece of paper and print out your pre-order bonus car code on the receipt.

421254263.jpg

Waiting for the system update to finish so I can start installing.

Excellent. My 2 LCEs will have to wait until lunch (~4h) before I can collect them, but I'm glad the codes will be right there on the receipts.

SarBear

TaKeRx said:
Guys, I picked up my Forza 4 LCE preorder from bestbuy, but don't see a code for the 1M?

If you pre ordered in store, it should be on the receipt. If you pre ordered online, you'll get an email. Actually, you should have the email by now if you pre ordered.

I can't believe how scarce the LCE is. You can still get the FM3 one for regular price on Amazonk! How long does it usually take for VIP to go on XBLM? A few months?

op_ivy said:
what it is probbly doing is pulling a race in world tour from any number of events in the event list. remember in fm3, an event may have 3 seperate races in the same or different locations. now though, world tour is always single race choices in different parts of the world. after your 7 races you actually completed all the races in 2 events from the list and progress on the others

No, that's what I thought at first too, but the races that aren't getting checked are single races even in the event list.

It's definitely a track/lap thing.

Oh snaps!

Despite Best Buy accidentally shipping my LCE standard, my copy has arrived at the USPS processing center 3 miles from my apartment. Three. Miles.

Please, please, please go out for delivery today. Otherwise I'm looking at tomorrow.

DasRaven

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't believe how scarce the LCE is. You can still get the FM3 one for regular price on Amazonk! How long does it usually take for VIP to go on XBLM? A few months?

VIP went live on XBLM in March. The game was released in October, so 5-6 months.
However, there was significant user outcry before they even planned to release it.
So, there's no guarantee.

TaKeRx said:
There is an email that went out internally at BB with a sheet they need to print with a bar code on it. When a customer picks up their pre-order they scan the bar code on the print out in order to generate the code on the receipt.

Leastwise that is what they did when I picked up my copy.

G Rom

antiquegamer said:
qqe7x0.jpg

Post this while I am waiting for system update and installing disc 1. I love the LCE pale blue silver color case.

(There were two at my local Wal-mart - only place open at 6:00 am when I am off work, no pre-order bonus though).

You collection isn't complete because you're missing Forza 1's LCE ! :p

alphaNoid

Banned
It's going to be a long wait until Christmas, so I'll just keep on with Forza 3 until then. I could buy this today but my budget and my will power must not allow!
KuGsj.gif

G Rom said:
You collection isn't complete because you're missing Forza 1's LCE ! :p

It's wasn't available in the US. : /

Actually 2 wasn't either, but I order it from a store in Canada.

PS: I didn't know you get bonus cars if you have LCE Forza 3.

TaKeRx

LoveAndBeer said:
There is an email that went out internally at BB with a sheet they need to print with a bar code on it. When a customer picks up their pre-order they scan the bar code on the print out in order to generate the code on the receipt.

Leastwise that is what they did when I picked up my copy.

Sigh.... Looks like I'm going back at lunchtime.

Thanks

lil smoke

Banned
I am just now downloading all the car packs/bonus stuff, etc... it taking me about 25 minutes total with some time spent freeing up HD space.

I'm going to go thru a lot of the tuning stuff, and see what's up with CPH. I heard that there's a vote to kick in there, so I want to see for myself. Other than that, if there are any specific questions, I can try to take a looksie.

U2NUMB

djSyndrome said:
What limitations does this game have playing on a 4GB Slim?

Easy solution.. go pick up a 16gb USB stick.. have it format it and you have plenty of room.. even install the game to it.

U2NUMB said:
Easy solution.. go pick up a 16gb USB stick.. have it format it and you have plenty of room.. even install the game to it.

Did not know you can do this. And wouldn't you know it, I have a pile of 16GB sticks right in front of me. Thanks!

gotee12 said:
Yeah, I'm working out a way now with co-workers to "disappear" from the bosses sight for 45 minutes. I really hope the driver put it in a dry spot, and there's not that many around my house during rain.

well the good news is that the rain shouldn't affect the game because its in that plastic wrap

skyfinch

Blackvette94 said:
Does the game really look like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=kk6ADgtjncY

I can't believe it.... I played GT5 and got up to level 31 and I didnt think this gen would show a more graphical force then that game for driving.... but... if that video is representative of the real game... I'm shocked :0 It looks insane!!!

Those are basically replay shots (with motion blur) but with more dynamic camera angles. You won't see angles like that in the game's replays. Plus there are clips of autovista.

Edit, actually there are some angles that are similar to the game's replay.

ACH1LL3US

skyfinch said:
Those are basically replay shots (with motion blur) but with more dynamic camera angles. You won't see angles like that in the game's replays. Plus there are clips of autovista.

Edit, actually there are some angles that are similar to the game's replay.

It is really impressive. I skipped F3 but played alot of F2, this is a huge step up from F2 from what I can tell.

caramac

When given the option to import any vinyls, cars etc from FM3 do you still need FM3 on your hard drive or does it happen some other way? The reason l'm asking is because l'll need to uninstall FM3 to make room for FM4.

No email from GAME yet either.

Top Bottom