• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Almost done, just have to make the series stickers and find the drivers that drove this car in 88'. I won't lie, it was a little bit of work to get the base scheme right :)

Some WIP pictures...

7723193396_054a2e4099_z.jpg

Friggen amazing, will this be up tonight?

I reckon a blue base/ yellow detailed 'alternate' version would be so good.

Like a BOSS.

Love the Aston.

Zagato1.jpg

Great shots Deadpool.

I especially love the Mustang ones.

This photo is great, and not to take anything away from your efforts at all, but it's ruined by the stupid glowing red brake discs.
I hate them!!!
I have had heaps of potentially great shots ruined by them and I cant understand why the hell they are there!?
I understand seeing them at dusk or night deep into a race, but I've noticed them on stock cars in the first corners.
Why haven't these been removed, they look so dopey.

/rant

MOAR.
This car pack! I love it.

205t16a.jpg

c9b.jpg

scion1.jpg

scion2.jpg

My GOD the Triumph is beautiful.

tri1.jpg

tri3.jpg

Great shots Deadpool.

I especially love the Mustang ones.

This photo is great, and not to take anything away from your efforts at all, but it's ruined by the stupid glowing red brake discs.
I hate them!!!
I have had heaps of potentially great shots ruined by them and I cant understand why the hell they are there!?
I understand seeing them at dusk or night deep into a race, but I've noticed them on stock cars in the first corners.
Why haven't these been removed, they look so dopey.

/rant

Cheers.

Yeah, you kinda get the feeling the glowing brake discs were added like they had night racing in mind, but the night racing got cut at the last minute or something.. Ah well.

Me too Jorge, as always.

Well, let's hope next time we're able to make it! There were lots of opportunities to get a code, and i personally missed every single one systematically...

At least, as i said, just one day for the DLC to be released, at least, i cannot miss that.

Also, congrats to everyone who got one!

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Well, let's hope next time we're able to make it! There were lots of opportunities to get a code, and i personally missed every single one systematically...

At least, as i said, just one day for the DLC to be released, at least, i cannot miss that.

Also, congrats to everyone who got one!
Codes have been very scarce this time, and they didn't do a giveaway at the forums, which I can understand given how things were on past forum giveaways, with the forum crashing and all the people bashing and complaining.

I have been extremely unlucky with Forza 4, I haven't managed to get a single code for it, neither in the forum giveaways, GWD's, track days, random facebook giveaways, etc... I had to buy every pack, yet I know of people who have managed to get almost all DLC for free, kinda unfair, they should track the winners to make sure these things don't happen. Hell, I haven't even won a unicorn by commenting on RVM's, HMA's, photo competitions, or the monthly rivals event for the M3 GTR. All the unicorns I won have been on the T10 CBH's...

Not that I want to sound like a whiner, but sometimes I feel like I really have bad luck while some other people manage to get DLC's for free, lots of unicorns (even bloating about how they have all 20 and lots of repeats)... At least I had some luck in FM3 and I won a couple of codes.

BADNED

Question for my American friends, is Indianapolis only used for Nascar?
IndyCar, NASCAR, MotoGP, Grand-Am, AMA XR1200
Almost done, just have to make the series stickers and find the drivers that drove this car in 88'. I won't lie, it was a little bit of work to get the base scheme right :)

Some WIP pictures...
Looks fantastic so far.

If you need any help on the drivers let me know.

c9michelin.jpg

My first real-world race livery (be kind guys haha)..

And DAYUMM at the limitations on this car. Can't believe you can't paint the spoiler! That sucks big time, totally ruins the livery... Other limitations were the windscreen banner, the differing rear-view mirrors (one's red, one's yellow on the actual car) and I had to manually place everything back on the opposite side(s) as vinyl group duplication chucks the stuff up in the sky somewhere that you can't see/find.. Can't paint the wheels gold either, so I can't make that right.

Anyway, bit of a shame, but the best I can do. You more experienced guys may want to have a crack at it, but I don't see how you can paint the spoiler or the mirror caps.

Huge thanks to REW/Erin for the headstart on the vinyls. Michelin Man needed a bit of changing with an outline, but that saved a heap of time, thanks mate.

Up on my Storefront, ID "ScottyBrams".

microtubule

Codes have been very scarce this time, and they didn't do a giveaway at the forums, which I can understand given how things were on past forum giveaways, with the forum crashing and all the people bashing and complaining.

I have been extremely unlucky with Forza 4, I haven't managed to get a single code for it, neither in the forum giveaways, GWD's, track days, random facebook giveaways, etc... I had to buy every pack, yet I know of people who have managed to get almost all DLC for free, kinda unfair, they should track the winners to make sure these things don't happen. Hell, I haven't even won a unicorn by commenting on RVM's, HMA's, photo competitions, or the monthly rivals event for the M3 GTR. All the unicorns I won have been on the T10 CBH's...

Not that I want to sound like a whiner, but sometimes I feel like I really have bad luck while some other people manage to get DLC's for free, lots of unicorns (even bloating about how they have all 20 and lots of repeats)... At least I had some luck in FM3 and I won a couple of codes.

The community monthly weekly 100 random and photo comps; you have better luck winning the lottery.

You need to keep an eye on the news discussion forum at FM.net - John from T10 "johniwanna" is your key to getting unicorns. I got around 8 unicorns from him just from participating in his forum threads.

If he does like months before he'll have a thread up after the DLC releases titled "FYI about DLC" or "Show off the July Car Pack" for instance and in there he likes for folks to post information they found on cars that will be featured in that months DLC.

Last few from me tonight.

Hyundai1.jpg

Hyundai2.jpg

And this thing is just amazing. Sound, speed, everything.

Upgraded it to the top of R1 (no tune) and she pulled 408kph on the straight at Old LeSarthe :)

C9Bigshot1.jpg

C9Bigshot2.jpg

C9Bigshot3.jpg

c9michelin.jpg

My first real-world race livery (be kind guys haha)...

Up on my Storefront, ID "ScottyBrams".

Mother of Christ that's cool! Great job.

And those photos are excellent. ESP like the white Hyundai.

You can see the panel gaps and lines so clearly.

Guys, here's my latest WIP.

It's the #44 Magnus Racing Porsche 911 in the Susan G. Komen Pink BC Awareness colours.

It's about 95% complete.

I'll post back when it's done and will hopefully have the other variations done too!

xT0s0.jpg

En89j.jpg

microtubule

I was a lurker when the Porsche Pack released but do you guys still feel the same way about it now??

I have "delayed gratification" sickness with Forza 4 and other games but talking about this one. Anyways, I haven't even driven all of the Porsche pack cars yet.

I really love the 911 GT3 RS. It was a favorite in FM3 but in 4 it's so much better I am guessing because of the improved tire physics. The sound seems good as well.

The lack of 911 GT3 RS 4.0 was negated slightly by the 2012 911 GT2 RS. This thing sounds like a V2 rocket though.

1987 959 - finally drove this last night and I think it's my new favorite Porsche in-game.

550 Spyder - I like T10's open-aired vehicle implementations (Maserati 300S, etc) and this one is no different.

Also played with the 962 a little. 1973 911, 1982 911, 944 T, Boxster S, #54 911, 997 T. Still haven't gotten around to the Carrera GT, 1998 GT1 and the assorted GT cars.

saladine1

I actually like the 914. With a bit of extra power and torque, (which the chassis can handle quite well), it's a very fun car to chuck around..

I was a lurker when the Porsche Pack released but do you guys still feel the same way about it now??

Initially, I was let down by the fact that "7 new-to-Forza models" turned out to be more like 4, but simply having Porsche back, coupled with the VIP discount, was more than enough to get me over that early disappointment.

As for the cars, I've logged the most miles in the ALMS GT3 Cups and RSRs, and the feel is spot-on: tons of all-around grip, and excellent traction out of corners, but you'll be chasing the back end if you aren't careful. Gotta love that flat-6 wail, too.

It's great to finally have the 962C in low-drag Le Mans aero trim, and the proper Rothman's Racing livery and 956 wheel covers complete the look of the car.

The Carrera GT's audio was underwhelming at first, but quickly fixed with a stealth update, and the movable wing hasn't gotten old yet. Stock, it was a bit of a dog in FM3 thanks to a curb weight goof, but it feels fantastic now.

The remodeled 997 Turbo was a pleasant surprise, and it's gotten much more use from me as a result.

I never got to drive the 550 in FM3, but it's been a treat in FM4, and should make the F-class event list grind much more bearable.

Finally, I love the OEM kits available for the 2.7 Carrera RS and 993 GT2-- definitely something I'd like to see more of going forward.

microtubule

Initially, I was let down by the fact that "7 new-to-Forza models" turned out to be more like 4, but simply having Porsche back, coupled with the VIP discount, was more than enough to get me over that early disappointment.

Agreed about just having the pack and the discount.

Sadface for lack of 917, GT1 Straßenversion and 24 hour 'ring config though.

Sadface for lack of 917, GT1 Straßenversion and 24 hour 'ring config though.

Whoever was responsible for the loss of the GT1 ought to be tried at The Hague. It hurts so damn bad. Honestly, would anyone have given a shit if the Cayenne had been dropped in favor of that magnificent sonuvabitch?

There has to be a technical reason for not linking the 'Ring GP circuit and Nordschleife. The assets were there, but they probably felt like holding off until the re-scanned, remodeled, dimensionally-accurate Nordschleife was ready, right?

Right?!

What say you, Mr. B?

So I have the AEG Olympia C9 done, now working on this one...

7727506714_29108c848c_z.jpg

Will upload both of them once the Kouros C9 is done;)

@BADNED - once again thanks for the help with the sticker and I found the drivers for #62 88' :D

Cheers, HD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, Jub3 had to come back at 5AM to give out more codes :(

Gratz to the people who got them!

Requesting pictures of Lincoln Continental in candy green.

I'm quite happy that it returned. The game feels complete with Porsche back. I was disappointed by the numerous livery swaps, lack of new model Porsches (918, 991) nd historic classics (917), and that the GT1 didn't carry over.

Mother of Christ that's cool! Great job.

And those photos are excellent. ESP like the white Hyundai.

You can see the panel gaps and lines so clearly.

Guys, here's my latest WIP.

It's the #44 Magnus Racing Porsche 911 in the Susan G. Komen Pink BC Awareness colours.

It's about 95% complete.

I'll post back when it's done and will hopefully have the other variations done too!

Thanks again for your generosity in sharing the vinyls!

Your WIP is looking great, I wasn't familiar with the livery, so I wasn't able to guess yesterday. It's looking good though - seems there's another Porsche in my future haha..

microtubule

Whoever was responsible for the loss of the GT1 ought to be tried at The Hague. It hurts so damn bad. Honestly, would anyone have given a shit if the Cayenne had been dropped in favor of that magnificent sonuvabitch?

There has to be a technical reason for not linking the 'Ring GP circuit and Nordschleife. The assets were there, but they probably felt like holding off until the re-scanned, remodeled, dimensionally-accurate Nordschleife was ready, right?

Right?!

What say you, Mr. B?

I don't think the Cayenne would have been cut as a ton of people like it.

I would not have had a problem giving up the 2007 version of Flying Lizard car for the GT1 though. There are just a ton of talented livery designers this time around.

I think you're right about the technical issue with the 24hr circuit and it makes sense since that was the rumored reason to why Rally di Positano long was cut (R.I.P.)...

Still loving it. It was the second manufacturer I got to level 50 Affinity, and I've done the most miles in Porsches now. I have spent the last couple months basically grinding cash to buy all of the Porsches and have quite a few duplicates now, in the GT3 RSRs (for all the replica liveries).

Most of my miles are in the '11 GT3 RSR, and a good chunk in the 962c, both of which are my favourites. Followed closely by the 550 Spyder. I have a number of tunes for the lower classes, so it was used for the majority of the Events List stuff I had remaining.

I'm a biased Porsche fanboy though, so the pack was a godsend for me. Love having them back in the game. The lack of Porsche was actually the reason why I didn't get FM4 on launch (waited 'till the pack was announced), and stuck with FM3 while I waited.

The storefront has been updated guys, if you have early codes you can grab them now if not, you can grab them tomorrow :)

I would have done more but I really didn't have much free time and on the top of that I was sick all day so I didn't do much work today.

I hope you'll be happy with what you get, will work more on the DLC cars next week.

#62 KOUROS RACING C9 --- 24 HEURES DU MANS 1987

7730624780_df303f4019_z.jpg

7730624884_f92cab79d9_z.jpg

7730624480_b70e2e505c_z.jpg

7730624954_14d2b153dd_z.jpg

#62 AEG OLYMPIA C9 --- 24 HEURES DU MANS 1988

7730625226_5e215f3834_z.jpg

7730625044_46a83b301a_z.jpg

7730625128_a69745d3ef_z.jpg

7730625316_4c9631df48_z.jpg

#1 PEUGEOT TALBOT SPORT --- RALLYE MONTE-CARLO 1986

7730624702_9ba8ba9353_z.jpg

7730625392_da05e8e7d4_z.jpg

7730624594_3dd20f4188_z.jpg

7730624368_7cc56b5471_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

If I'm gonna have some time tomorrow I'll do the YELLOW Camel version for Peugeot as well :) It just bugs me so much that Peugeot didn't get the rallye upgrades :(

If I'm gonna have some time tomorrow I'll do the YELLOW Camel version for Peugeot as well :) It just bugs me so much that Peugeot didn't get the rallye upgrades :(

Haha, of course you will! :p

Yup, it's a BIG missed opportunity. Such an iconic rally car, without the rally upgrades.

Not like they can't do it either, I mean the Scion got a tonne of aero options.

Shaneus

The storefront has been updated guys, if you have early codes you can grab them now if not, you can grab them tomorrow :)

I would have done more but I really didn't have much free time and on the top of that I was sick all day so I didn't do much work today.

I hope you'll be happy with what you get, will work more on the DLC cars next week.
You're doing your best to make me buy this pack, aren't you?

Maybe, but after all this is just the homologation road car.

Oh, dude! Really? That means the Group B(?) car is coming too I take it?

Is anyone here good with picking/matching colours in FM4? I need the correct pinks for the Magnus Porsche, but the old 'photoshop' trick seems to be failing me...

Is anyone here good with picking/matching colours in FM4? I need the correct pinks for the Magnus Porsche, but the old 'photoshop' trick seems to be failing me...

Photoshop trick being converting from Photoshop's 0-255 HSV values to Forza's 0-1 HSV values?

If that doesn't work, is there a chance that:
-TV isn't colour calibrated well
-Computer isn't colour calibrated well
-TV and computer are using different colour spaces?
-source photo and Forza painting mode are in different lighting conditions?

Photoshop trick being converting from Photoshop's 0-255 HSV values to Forza's 0-1 HSV values?

If that doesn't work, is there a chance that:
-source photo and Forza painting mode are in different lighting conditions?

Yeah that one.
I reckon it might be a case of different lighting, that and the fact the spots I'm picking on the car colour is a blend of lighter and darker shades of that colour and the colour picker just finding the centre colour of that pixel.

It's hard with the pink as it tricks the eye a bit...

Any chance you could try it and post back the values for me? It might be a case of me not doing it correctly too...

My life is amazing!

Get home from work and buy the August pack, as its downloading I open up gaf on my phone and see I have a pm.......

Thanks Jube my own fault for giving up hope LOL.

So who wants a code :)

SarBear

My life is amazing!

Get home from work and buy the August pack, as its downloading I open up gaf on my phone and see I have a pm.......

Thanks Jube my own fault for giving up hope LOL.

So who wants a code :)

You're awesome!

(No, I don't want it, I'm just saying you're awesome for showing GAF some love)

saladine1

Holy shit at the Sauber Mercedes C9 sound, especially in the cockpit!

Another interesting sound is the Triumph TR3. In real life Triumphs, there's a strange noise that emanates from the engine, I don't know what it exactly is, bearings or something, but it's actually been captured for the game too. Chalk up another win for Wiswell!

Now, the Mustang Boss 302. I thought there was something wrong with the sounds in the game. So I went to a video of the real life thing to see what it sounds like. Lo and behold, it's exactly the way it sounds in the game. So to sum up, the Mustang Boss 302 sounds like a souped up V6. Worst sounding "Muscle car" eva!!!!!!

Top Bottom