• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Holy shit at the Sauber Mercedes C9 sound, especially in the cockpit!

Another interesting sound is the Triumph TR3. In real life Triumphs, there's a strange noise that emanates from the engine, I don't know what it exactly is, bearings or something, but it's actually been captured for the game too. Chalk up another win for Wiswell!

Now, the Mustang Boss 302. I thought there was something wrong with the sounds in the game. So I went to a video of the real life thing to see what it sounds like. Lo and behold, it's exactly the way it sounds in the game. So to sum up, the Mustang Boss 302 sounds like a souped up V6. Worst sounding "Muscle car" eva!!!!!!
I haven't stopped driving the C-9, it is fantastic.

microtubule

Another interesting sound is the Triumph TR3. In real life Triumphs, there's a strange noise that emanates from the engine, I don't know what it exactly is, bearings or something, but it's actually been captured for the game too. Chalk up another win for Wiswell!

Now, the Mustang Boss 302. I thought there was something wrong with the sounds in the game. So I went to a video of the real life thing to see what it sounds like. Lo and behold, it's exactly the way it sounds in the game. So to sum up, the Mustang Boss 302 sounds like a souped up V6. Worst sounding "Muscle car" eva!!!!!!

Good to hear!! pardon the pun. Wish I had a decent sound system or headphones but I am amazed at what Wiswell did just listening to the game via TV speakers. Half of the PGR games allure was the sound. I can't wait to hear what this guy does on next gen hardware as well.

saladine1

Good to hear!! pardon the pun. Wish I had a decent sound system or headphones but I am amazed at what Wiswell did just listening to the game via TV speakers. Half of the PGR games allure was the sound. I can't wait to hear what this guy does on next gen hardware as well.

Trust me, if you can afford to invest in a decent sound system or at least a good receiver for some Sennheiser headphones, then do it.
Completely changes the experience, especially with the headphones. You pick up sounds you've never heard before. From dirt,pebbles kicking up when coming back onto the track, to little anomalies coming from the exhaust and engine.
Imo, the ancillaries such as BOV, whines..etc are a little on the low volume side, but with a pair of h-phones, they come to life!

The storefront has been updated guys, if you have early codes you can grab them now if not, you can grab them tomorrow :)

I would have done more but I really didn't have much free time and on the top of that I was sick all day so I didn't do much work today.

I hope you'll be happy with what you get, will work more on the DLC cars next week.

#1 PEUGEOT TALBOT SPORT --- RALLYE MONTE-CARLO 1986

7730624702_9ba8ba9353_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

Yeah, this is freakin INCREDIBLE. I will definitely be grabbing this one tonight!

Maybe, but after all this is just the homologation road car.

Oh man, don't tease us. If we got the Group B 205 to go with the Audi S1, I think I might wet myself.

Don't let SarBear hear you talk about his beloved like that!

Not having the August pack last night, I flogged a GT3 RS (not that hard to approximate the 4.0 with upgrades) and an S700 '95 GT2 that just sounded amazing.

Trust me, if you can afford to invest in a decent sound system or at least a good receiver for some Sennheiser headphones, then do it. 
Completely changes the experience, especially with the headphones. You pick up sounds you've never heard before. From dirt,pebbles kicking up when coming back onto the track, to little anomalies coming from the exhaust and engine. 
Imo, the ancillaries such as BOV, whines..etc are a little on the low volume side, but with a pair of h-phones, they come to life!

I just have a Sony home-theatre-in-a-box, but it's pretty fantastic to turn it up and soak it all in. It's funny how irritatingly loud the menu music (will have to remember to turn it down/off) is when you're done racing compared to the glorious sounds from the game itself.

Guys, Jube gifted me a code but I already bought the pack. First GAFfer to request it here on the thread gets it. :)

Er...

Pretty please!

edit - hoping crude doesnt edit his post.....

Edited back. :p

rvy

Banned
Watch Microsoft announce Forza 4: Ultimate Collection next week just to spite me for ordering the regular edition.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
OK, I'm getting paranoid now.
I sent my PM to Jube about 35-40 mins before you and SparksBCN, but remain resolutely code-free.

To be honest, I posted quite a while before sending the PM, in fact I sent the PM before Alan.

Shame that I didn't bother checking if I had a code when I bought the pack. I checked like an hour before and since I did have nothing, I just thought I wasn't lucky and didn't bother to double check. Now I don't have enough MSP in case there's another DLC next month and I don't know when I will have money to buy some, as I'm a poor student...

microtubule

The new monthly rivals events are up. I tried the Boss 302 on the Laguna Seca rivals event...whoa what a beast!

Even though Laguna in FM4 is a step down in many ways from FM3 in my opinion it's still a blast technically. I just need to remember the sunglasses.

Also can someone please send me an invite to GAF club? GT is same as username here. Thanks!

SarBear

The new monthly rivals events are up. I tried the Boss 302 on the Laguna Seca rivals event...whoa what a beast!

Even though Laguna in FM4 is a step down in many ways from FM3 in my opinion it's still a blast technically. I just need to remember the sunglasses.

Also can someone please send me an invite to GAF club? GT is same as username here. Thanks!

Sure, you can take Saladine's spot.

saladine1

Off toipc but here goes..

I swear, I think Codies stalks this thread because they've basically gone out and said pretty much what we've been wanting from FM:

Regarding Grid 2-

..and to back this up the developers are punting something called Total Race Day Immersion.

The core design philosophy for GRID 2 is that we treat the race as a character, not a consequence of simply putting cars on tracks. Everything that goes into the game impacts on that second-to-second, in the moment, blockbuster drama – the feel and personality of the race.

Helios, are you stealing our thoughts?

I swear, I think Codies stalks this thread because they've basically gone out and said pretty much what we've been wanting from FM:

Regarding Grid 2-

That's amazing! Hopefully the driving model is a bit better (IMO) because I just didn't gel with the first one, it seemed a tad arcadey.

They had a great car selection, though, so fingers crossed.

It's still one thing [total race day immersion/and racing circuit and experience as a character] that FM4 missed the mark on. I have only noticed until recently, however, that the stands 'clear' when you are hotlapping or test driving, compared to the filled stands on race day...

I have yet to figure out if there are noticeable differences in the presentation or not.

Also, those with iPhones, I found a great little app for colour sampling called COLORWISE.

It helped a lot with matching colours and I managed to fix up the shades of pink on my still on-going WIP Magnus porsche. Worth checking out IMO.

Aussie Store: Colourwise

US Store:Colorwise

Also, who's looking forward to watching the Boomers vs "The Dream Team" tonight? :)

Mascot

Regarding Grid 2-
*snip*

Sounds promising.
I always thought Grid's AI was terrific, so am really looking forward to how it has developed over the past few years.
Overall handling needs to be a lot less of the Shift-like snappy oversteer variety, though.

Jamesways

I've said this in the Grid 2 thread, but I really hope they get another major racing series license. One of the best parts of Grid for me was the 2006 LeMans series in there. They had almost all of the cars and teams and were only missing Paul Ricard HTTT for the tracks from the 06 season.

BADNED

Regarding Grid 2-

Well Total Race Day Immersion without Total Race Cars is totally unimmersive!

Jamesways

Yeah, just read the release. No cockpit view either. I'm absolutely gutted.

So no licensed race cars either, eh Badned?

Dammit!

So much for the return to a Toca type game.

Top Bottom