• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

saladine1

Well Total Race Day Immersion without Total Race Cars is totally unimmersive!

But Total Race Day Immersion doesn't require Total Race Cars. All Total Race Day Immersion needs is Total Production Cars that can be turned into Total Race Cars that can in turn be raced on Total Race Tracks. If Total Race Tracks are absent from Total Race Day Immersion, then Total Race Day Immersion can still be achieved on Total Street Tracks made to look like Total Race Tracks in essence, simulating the exact feel if you were to race on Total Race Tracks while immersed in Total Race Day Immersion....Totally.

This car is so much fun to drive.
Seriously smokes the hell out of those wide rear tyres!
Great modelling too by T10.

7740071258_a599f3a5b9_c.jpg

I reckon it might be a case of different lighting, that and the fact the spots I'm picking on the car colour is a blend of lighter and darker shades of that colour and the colour picker just finding the centre colour of that pixel.

It's hard with the pink as it tricks the eye a bit...

Any chance you could try it and post back the values for me? It might be a case of me not doing it correctly too...

Missed this.

Is this a real car? I couldn't find it.

Pinks related to this person:
HSV/HSB:
Try .94/.66/.95 and .91/.81/1

This car is so much fun to drive.
Seriously smokes the hell out of those wide rear tyres!
Great modelling too by T10.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7740071258_a599f3a5b9_c.jpg

Who said it had a bad engine note!? I think it sounds great.

Missed this.

Is this a real car? I couldn't find it.

Pinks related to this person:
HSV/HSB:
Try .94/.66/.95 and .91/.81/1

Who said it had a bad engine note!? I think it sounds great.

I used that app I mentioned earlier and got the correct HSB values. So thanks anyway CD.
It IS a real car, but I think it was only used for a round or two to promote Breast Cancer Awareness or something. It's the #44 car in the Magnus Porsche camp in the Grand Am series. It's usually green or grey, though.

Yeah, the new Boss sounds awesome. Am yet to try the Sauber (too poor to buy it!).

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah, just read the release. No cockpit view either. I'm absolutely gutted.

So no licensed race cars either, eh Badned?

Dammit!

So much for the return to a Toca type game.

For as much as some of these games capture more of the excitement of driving, they have to compromise so much in other areas. Forza is still easily the best overall package in my opinion.

Mascot

Wonder if it's got PC/PS3 compatibility too. That'll be the killer for a lot of potential buyers.

I guess the late release of this wheel also means that 360 peripherals should also work with the Nextbox?

Jube3

OK, I'm getting paranoid now.
I sent my PM to Jube about 35-40 mins before you and SparksBCN, but remain resolutely code-free.

Jube, I was only joking when I said you get sexually aroused by circus clowns. You know that, right?

Hmm, the only PM I got from you is the one you sent Weds. Everyone that PMed on Monday I sent a code to as I had a few extras.

Mascot

Hmm, the only PM I got from you is the one you sent Weds. Everyone that PMed on Monday I sent a code to as I had a few extras.
I was having all sorts of problems connecting to GAF on Monday (did anyone else keep getting 'server unavailable' or was it just me?) so I'm guessing my PM (sent by iPhone too, which probably didn't help!) is still floating around in cyberspace somewhere like a little lost puppy..!
No worries!
:)

Edit: just checked my PMs - thanks Jube, you are a diamond!

I was having all sorts of problems connecting to GAF on Monday (did anyone else keep getting 'server unavailable' or was it just me?) so I'm guessing my PM (sent by iPhone too, which probably didn't help!) is still floating around in cyberspace somewhere like a little lost puppy..!
No worries!
:)

Edit: just checked my PMs - thanks Jube, you are a diamond!

Bah, my problem I guess then also. Ah well, looks like I'll be picking up just the Pug like, give us some more nice screenshots at least guys.

SarBear

So......I guess I'm switching car clubs. GAF has been nothing but great to me, and I've enjoyed every single moment of it. That's why it's nothing personal. However, I'm just moving across to a different "clan" now. I'll still be around just as much as normal, and still post on the forums all the time and complain to high hell until my damn MUSTANG Cobra is in Forza.....but just with a few different letters next to my name.

Speedfreaks. :)

Shaneus

So......I guess I'm switching car clubs. GAF has been nothing but great to me, and I've enjoyed every single moment of it. That's why it's nothing personal. However, I'm just moving across to a different "clan" now. I'll still be around just as much as normal, and still post on the forums all the time and complain to high hell until my damn MUSTANG Cobra is in Forza.....but just with a few different letters next to my name.

That's it. Gloves are off. I vote we change our name to the No SarBears.

;)

SHANEUS and H3RTZ, cheers for the gift cars. I've been away from actually playing lately (been getting into the Olympics a bit), so didn't see them until now. Thanks!

Watevaman

ForzaGAF, I'm thinking of getting this (also picking up a 360 for the second time), but I have a question as I haven't been able to play it in person: is it like Forza 3's online in the sense that you can use any car but just not be able to tune them? Also, can you add AI to the lobby and choose their cars as well? I remember having some good AI races by selecting cars that were all in the same class.

microtubule

ForzaGAF, I'm thinking of getting this (also picking up a 360 for the second time), but I have a question as I haven't been able to play it in person: is it like Forza 3's online in the sense that you can use any car but just not be able to tune them? Also, can you add AI to the lobby and choose their cars as well? I remember having some good AI races by selecting cars that were all in the same class.

You can setup private race lobbies and select how many AI cars and what type of class for AI as well as the track/laps/etc.

Some screencaps courtesy of SimHQ: right here

Seanspeed

Banned

Cant blame ya. Mind me asking where you went?

Unless you were in a spec-only room, you should have been able to used tuned cars online in FM3. Its been a staple of the series since the very start.

And yes, you can add AI to lobbies, but you cant necessarily pick their cars individually. You can set parameters and restrictions to a pretty tight degree, though. For instance, you can have a race with FWD cars between 2500-3000lbs and between 170-220hp from Europe or whatever. Or you can just have a designated PI range. Despite the lack of ability to choose AI cars individually, you've got quite a range of options at your disposal.

Yes; two others on FM.net from the same rivals event. Didn't put a non-Bigshot of this one up.

Put it in Photoshop, got rid of the watermark, ran a duplicated layer through Silver Efex Pro* and then reduced the opacity to put the colour back.

*no, I didn't buy it for Forza screenshots. Some of my b/w photography.

Wow, I love that effect.
Would love to try that with some of mine.
Do you start with a normally saturated Forza shot, then apply the filter or do you set it up first I'm Forza?

Normal colourful shot in Forza (you do want bright and vibrant). If you do have Photoshop, look at the channel mixer for b/w conversion, and I am sure there's a tutorial for film grain somewhere.

Normal colourful shot in Forza (you do want bright and vibrant). If you do have Photoshop, look at the channel mixer for b/w conversion, and I am sure there's a tutorial for film grain somewhere.

Thanks CD.

Also, I just beat your Rivals time back in the Panoz in "The Atlanta Games"!

And while I was at it, I happened to find this...
7765584378_0151f9d0e9_c.jpg

How the heck did he manage that one?

EDIT:

Thanks to H3rTz, I was finally able to mash the throttle in this thing around Nurb-hell!
My driver only died 4 times on my first lap... LOL.
This thing is almost like a cheat car, it's so freaken fast and takes corners at such high speed.
It's a great car with an even greater paint scheme!
Thanks again HD, you're the best!

7765556520_c7d0cccab0_b.jpg

7765556994_7ef46fb175_c.jpg

7765629538_ec142427ea_b.jpg

7765748072_0bdc847133_c.jpg

That Sauber looks so good! , yesterday i finally arrived home to try the car and i simply love it!!! its really fun to drive and crazy fast.

SarBear

Cant blame ya. Mind me asking where you went?

[SPD], I think. I can't blame him either.

(S)He might have meant the ability to tune the car you picked in the lobby, which was possible in FM2, but not 3 or 4.

Speedfreaks. :) SPD

Some really, really good racers there. Ryan Sn1pes, MountingBeaver, Faith is Sik (dude is nuts), Challenger 440. Good guys. Of course, they have nothing on my ladies at GAF. <3

Speedfreaks. :) SPD

Some really, really good racers there. Ryan Sn1pes, MountingBeaver, Faith is Sik (dude is nuts), Challenger 440. Good guys. Of course, they have nothing on my ladies at GAF. <3

So basically you just downgraded us to your side peice.

That's ok but dont be surprised if we move on to somone with benefits, and is willing to take us to fancy restaurants and shit.

SarBear

So basically you just downgraded us to your side peice.

That's ok but dont be surprised if we move on to somone with benefits, and is willing to take us to fancy restaurants and shit.

Yea, you say that shit now, but when my new bitch is ridin' shotgun in the Bentley, I don't wanna hear all that barkin either. Now play right or you'll get none of this african dick at all.

Shaneus

Hey, Turn 10.

Look, I know we haven't seen eye-to-eye on the whole Australian Ford thing. Us fans have seen exactly ONE of the objects of our affection newly included in this iteration of FM4, when there have been countless others from manufacturers around the world (especially from the US). After all, who are you to introduce cars from around the world to people when there are plenty of cookie-cutter American muscle cars that haven't been included yet?

Anyway, I'm presenting you with a chance to make it up to the owners of Forza Motorsport 4. It's a car that's more than suitable for inclusion, given that it's extremely limited edition, is a new release and has more than enough power for "muscle car" fans at 335kW.

It's the Ford Falcon GT RSPEC:
P9LGC.jpg

vA1u2.png

htD0R.png

If you like, you can even include the ute iteration of it as well:
jMthH.jpg

Or you could not include any of them at all. At which point I'd be more than happy to stand by my conclusion that Turn 10 don't really care about Australian customers, or customers who genuinely want to see more cars from more corners of the globe... just American ones who only know of the model's existence because of a film called "The Road Warrior".

Sincerely,
Shaneus

PS. If you'd like more information regarding the above car, you can find it here.

Hey, Turn 10.

Look, I know we haven't seen eye-to-eye on the whole Australian Ford thing. Us fans have seen exactly ONE of the objects of our affection newly included in this iteration of FM4, when there have been countless others from manufacturers around the world (especially from the US). After all, who are you to introduce cars from around the world to people when there are plenty of cookie-cutter American muscle cars that haven't been included yet?

Anyway, I'm presenting you with a chance to make it up to the owners of Forza Motorsport 4. It's a car that's more than suitable for inclusion, given that it's extremely limited edition, is a new release and has more than enough power for "muscle car" fans at 335kW.

It's the Ford Falcon GT RSPEC:

If you like, you can even include the ute iteration of it as well:
jMthH.jpg

Or you could not include any of them at all. At which point I'd be more than happy to stand by my conclusion that Turn 10 don't really care about Australian customers, or customers who genuinely want to see more cars from more corners of the globe... just American ones who only know of the model's existence because of a film called "The Road Warrior".

Sincerely,
Shaneus

PS. If you'd like more information regarding the above car, you can find it here.

The ute is awesome, but...

I'll just have a Torana GTR XU1 please.
Thank you.

Just did 5 laps on Spa in my E30 M3 in Shift 2.

That track is simply breath-taking. The course has so much character.

Every turn feels like its own challenge at high speed.

A mix off long straights and even high speed sweeping bends, undulations, off-camber corners and follow-throughs, a mix of tight hairpins and esses and chicanes and fast uphill and downhill sections; this track has it all.

This mixed with the sounds coming from the motor (and yes, gear box), the tyres over ripple strips, kicking up gravel, fighting the weight shifts and picking the right gear for turns, is just a totally immersive experience.

Ok it's not as pretty as any of T10's efforts, and I could only dream of what T10 could do with this course and how good hammering around it in something as beastly as the Sauber or the 787B in Forza World would be, but I can't believe it's just this and Other Game that has bothered to include this monster of a circuit (on console).

Now I get why Spa and Mt Panorama are so widely (and wildly) requested.

Top Bottom