• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Klocker

September pack (SLR is 9 million, 33 Stradale is 3 million and Zagato is 2.5 million)

holy shit
I expected

4 mil
1.5 mil

why isnt pack up here yet?

Western US

edit
got it off xbox.com but still not up in game mp

also i now own the top eleven most expensive cars in game.... so there's that

Mascot

7929595194_d2b0858dde_c.jpg
A little bit of wee came out when I saw that.
And by "a little", I mean a lot.
And by "wee", I mean sex piss.

This game is now complete.

xam3l

I dont have a lot of photo-editing skills but I kinda like the result of these shots.

7932901604_7cae4c95b5_c.jpg

7932889146_80e500539a_c.jpg

7932887892_d570026afd_c.jpg

7932886584_5b9873fc53_c.jpg

7932885392_5f426c24bb_c.jpg

7932884132_5606092220_c.jpg

I hate the watermarks -.- "The Other Game 5" does a better job keeping the shots clean.

The_Monk

Oh come on xam, one thing is to take great picture but now I feel ashamed. Amazing shots once again. ;)

@ Seanspeed I could not agree more with what you said. Those event lists for me were for fun, not to be a great racing player. Which I'm not. I just love to race, have new cars, ear them screaming, check some Photos of them in here, etc.

I have done some online Races and I might do some more in the near future, I don't care if I always get in the last place because, again, I do it for the fun not for the competition. I'm also a fan of a clean race (thing that I believe that the AI does not know the meaning of it sometimes) and that is more important to me. But thanks for the words, they sure were true.

Also, is the September Pack up in the Euro-land? Curious to check it, but I guess I won't be able to get it... This month may become expensive.

Have someone seen H3rtz? i renewed my gold subscription and the white Mclaren MP4-GT3 is not longer available :(

I've tried contacting him too.

He said he was having some issues in his personal life, so that's been taking away from his gaming time etc.

I hope to see him back soon though :-(

Edit: while on the topic of HD, I noticed a guy on the Storefront the other day, putting [HD] in front of his storefront descriptions ala Hertz and he DEFINITELY wasn't HD. Dodgy I reckon!

Snubbers

I caved in and got this months pack, mainly as I have a massive soft spot for the Frog-eyed Sprite and MGB GT since I've often wanted to do a modern make-over on one and make a great little track car..

Imagine my surprise when I suddenly realised that both BRITISH cars are flippin modelled with LHD.. I've nothing against countries that drive on the wrong side of the road ;) but it's really annoying to not have the correct country of origin's steering wheel placement!

Minor to some, but I really love those cars, and I can't help thinking how hard it would be to offer a pseudo LHD->RHD conversion, surely it can't take much to mirror the interior when modelling? And offer a few regional bumper/exterior options whilst they are at it.. compared to modelling the lugnuts, that should be a piece of cake.. ;)

Of course if Jube has an August Pack DLC (The only 1 I haven't bought), I might overlook this most heinous crime to humanity..

Oh, and another minor quibble, the stock sprite surely doesn't rev to 8K? (The rev counter stops at 6).. I jumped in a stock car (via the hot lap mode) and it instantly flew past 6K!.. not that I cared too much since I was tuning it anyway! Perhaps that's another improvement, if you add some engine parts it raises the rev limit and that means the stock rev-counters are useless, if you are a HuD off, interior view kind of guy (I am), it would be nice to either have the rev counter replaced with a generic unit that goes up to whatever the redline needs to be, or a 'pod' mounted one thrown in there somewhere..

Saying all that, I threw a load of parts at the Sprite to make it upto an E class and immediately was in the top 500 on the circuits I tried (Going through E class events at the moment), it's a brilliant car, and absolutely tiny, I was doing the E class world tour event, and the small city cars tower above you!

:)

I keep coming back to Forza, I think it's the customisation and community stuff, I love building old cars (Datsun 240Z, Mitsi Starion Turbo etc), slapping a top notch paint job from the marketplace and destroying the AI in events even when I handicap myself 10-15% PI points.. I've picked up loads of peoples designs off here, they all look fapping amazing!

Mascot

I caved in and got this months pack, mainly as I have a massive soft spot for the Frog-eyed Sprite and MGB GT since I've often wanted to do a modern make-over on one and make a great little track car..

Many many years ago I restored a barn-find 1972 MGB Roadster from rusty hen-house up to concourse standard. Great little project, terrific fun. Reluctantly sold her when I changed jobs and got a company car. I'll try to find some old before/after photos and post a couple. Still miss her, especially during the summer months.

I was yay close to pushing the button on a similar Karmann Ghia project back in April, but I snoozed and losed. Maybe next year...

Snubbers

Many many years ago I restored a barn-find 1972 MGB Roadster from rusty hen-house up to concourse standard. Great little project, terrific fun. Reluctantly sold her when I changed jobs and got a company car. I'll try to find some old before/after photos and post a couple. Still miss her, especially during the summer months.

I was yay close to pushing the button on a similar Karmann Ghia project back in April, but I snoozed and losed. Maybe next year...

Way to go!

My dad had 4 MGB GT/Roadsters, all brand new, although one only made it 1/2 mile from the dealers before someone totalled it when they ran a red light!.. He's got hundreds of photo's of them, and I always thought they looked cool!.. My current neighbour just sold his (lovely pristine Chrome bumper one) for the very reason that it really needed a better engine and some improvements to the brakes/suspension to really cut it with modern stuff (like an MX5)..

I'd love to see some before/after images of your MGB, it's always inspiring to see that kind of thing!

I'll be checking out what upgrades the MGB GT has tonight, I would presume the rover V8 is a given!

Sorry if it's off topic but I was just about to fire Forza up for the first time in weeks and my 12 month Xbox Live has expired, I was going to do the 1 month for £1 but the last time I tried it there was no way to cancel without calling MS up.

Anyone know if it can be cancelled from the UK website now?

Stubo

Sorry if it's off topic but I was just about to fire Forza up for the first time in weeks and my 12 month Xbox Live has expired, I was going to do the 1 month for £1 but the last time I tried it there was no way to cancel without calling MS up.

Anyone know if it can be cancelled from the UK website now?
Yes it can! Log in to your account on xbox.com, go to my account and you'll see something similar to:

Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold
Automatic Renewal: Off (Change)

(Yours would say 1 month and On, just click Change)

I've tried contacting him too.

He said he was having some issues in his personal life, so that's been taking away from his gaming time etc.

I hope to see him back soon though :-(

Edit: while on the topic of HD, I noticed a guy on the Storefront the other day, putting [HD] in front of his storefront descriptions ala Hertz and he DEFINITELY wasn't HD. Dodgy I reckon!

That sucks! , i hope everything works for him!

Stubo

I should mention that after you use a prepaid code (for subscription, not ms points) it automatically resets that option back to on, and you have to switch it off again (as underhand a tactic as that is). As long as you know that before the time rolls around you're fine!

Aren't those things meant to be largely silver in colour instead of gloss light gray?

Really don't like how T10 approach some car paints. It's like the Vodafone V8 Supercars... Silly stupid looking gray instead of chrome paint/high metallic silver. :(

Aww, that sucks!

On another note:

You know what I'd like? I'd like it to be possible to view the cars in their particular car packs and be able to test drive them/hot lap them from there.

I forget which cars I've actually bought and haven't tried yet, and the "New" label disappears when you scroll past the car anyway.

I don't see why we can't go to marketplace and drive them from there...

Mascot

I'd love to see some before/after images of your MGB, it's always inspiring to see that kind of thing!

Looks like the pictures might be buried in a box up in the rafters of my garage. I'll have a hunt for them at the weekend.

Slightly tenuous, but in case people still have their white FM4 LCE stickers (from the back of that crappy book that nobody ever read), I found a great use for them. Stuck onto a frosted white glass lamp shade they remain invisible when the light is off, but look pretty cool when it's on.

TGL2.jpg

What do you reckon?

Iknos

Getting back into 4za...anyone have experience with saving their game save on the cloud?

Was thinking of painting and tuning on my bedroom Xbox and racing on my HT Xbox. Its still a pain to turn off the wheel and use the controller so I think this will work out nicely.

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
Aren't those things meant to be largely silver in colour instead of gloss light gray?

Really don't like how T10 approach some car paints. It's like the Vodafone V8 Supercars... Silly stupid looking gray instead of chrome paint/high metallic silver. :(

I took these shots the other day, they should definately be metallic, however ingame they appear to be a very hit & miss glossy or dull grey IMO.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

The real deal.

wallpaper_02.htm

microtubule

porsche pack is 800 fuckbucks right now. worth it?

Yes, just for the downshifts alone in the GT3-RSR cars.

I also like the 2007 911 GT3 RS, I really liked this car in FM3 but here it is much improved mainly because of the FM4 tire model. The 2012 GT2 RS is like a V2 rocket. The 962C is here along with the 1987 959 and GT1-98. A decent car selection overall.

There are new Porsche specific events in the event list, not bad; standard fare. There are some new rivals events as well. And for achievements there are 10.

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
TBH, I wish T10 could've secured an ongoing deal with EA to allow for a second PEP, or at least additional Porsche DLC.
With so many great Porsches missing the current list still feels incomplete IMO.

Still definately worth the download.

Top Bottom