• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Klocker

I wish I could also cusotmize exactly which cars I race against. IE my own garage cars and their liveries so I can see all of my FIA cars against each other or all my LeMans series liveries racing. :)

come on FM5 give me everything I can think of thanks

paskowitz

I prefer driving againts civilized, not douchebags like Grid or Shift. Toca 3 had a better AI in that sense but i still prefer Forza 3´s AI, problem is they are too slow.

By the way, EA blocked Porsche again from Forza Horizon, talking about douchebags, im not buying NFS Most Wanted because of it.

Expect this trend to continue for every game that is remotely similar to NFS.

SarBear

I prefer driving againts civilized, not douchebags like Grid or Shift. Toca 3 had a better AI in that sense but i still prefer Forza 3´s AI, problem is they are too slow.

By the way, EA blocked Porsche again from Forza Horizon, talking about douchebags, im not buying NFS Most Wanted because of it.

This blocking shit is getting ridiculous. First they ho out Turn10, then allow them to use Porsche, but only certain models.....then we won't be getting ANY Porsche models as additional DLC....now this? Fuck them, seriously. Fuck them all.

Jamesways

This blocking shit is getting ridiculous. First they ho out Turn10, then allow them to use Porsche, but only certain models.....then we won't be getting ANY Porsche models as additional DLC....now this? Fuck them, seriously. Fuck them all.

Hey don't worry, I'm sure EA will have tons of Porsches in MW. Just like in DA RUN, so so many were included. Oh wait, nope, no there weren't. At all. More like 3 or 4.

Yeah, license not squandered at all...

Expect this trend to continue for every game that is remotely similar to NFS.

I could live if they block it for direct competition of NFS (forza horizon) but blocking them in Forza Motorsport it just stupid, its not even the same target.

Porsche is very stupid, they would do great in Forza and Gran Turismo, showing all their cars and legacy but no, instead the renewed a contract with EA that only shows 4 o 5 of their cars and they games are far lower quality.

312pxgeniusmeme.png

I could live if they block it for direct competition of NFS (forza horizon) but blocking them in Forza Motorsport it just stupid, its not even the same target.

Porsche is very stupid, they would do great in Forza and Gran Turismo, showing all their cars and legacy but no, instead the renewed a contract with EA that only shows 4 o 5 of their cars and they games are far lower quality.

312pxgeniusmeme.png

The worst thing is, that license is now 13 years old. And counting.

Yes, NFS Porsche Unleashed was a superb game, but that was a decade ago, when EA was the good old Electronic Arts...that times are over. Time to move on for Porsche!

While Forza cares about them, adds classic models, including fine racing cars, and they even wanted to add some cars to AutoVista, they get instead just 3/4 cars in arcadey NFS, including the intro scene in The Run where a 997-2 911 is slowly crushed to dust. Yeah, I'm sure that's the kind of treatment they desire.

TJP

What's worse is the EA can block Porsche from ALL games, irrespective of the platform.

I know one PC only developer who has been blocked from using Porsche vehicles despite having a great relationship with the manufacturer. The sooner EA lose the licence, the better it'll be for every developer.

Shaneus

What's worse is the EA can block Porsche from ALL games, irrespective of the platform.

I know one PC only developer who has been blocked from using Porsche vehicles despite having a great relationship with the manufacturer. The sooner EA lose the licence, the better it'll be for every developer.
Which one?

SparksBCN

Neo Member
EA and Porsche executives are best buddies from what I hear. Porsche does it for no other reason than the money.

The only way to stop this is to not buy NFS products.

A year ago I commited to not buy a single product from EA. Last game I bought from them was Shift 2. I guess I'll download Dead Space 3 and NFS: Parad... errr, Hot Pur... I mean Most Wanted.

At times i think EA should die, my only regret there would be about Bioware, even when EA is already started to kill them (DA2?) and Battlefield.
EA behave good during the first half of the gen but now suddenly they remind that are douchebag by nature and started ruining things again like killing NFS shift series, destroying Dead Space, Dragon Age 2 and the whole Porsche blocking.

I fear for Bioware anyways and i fear they will continue blocking Porsche to the end of times.

Mascot Buy it used if you cant resist.

Mascot

Not at all. I still want NFS to go back to it's "roots" ie. the first cluster of NFS games before they started introducing licensed soundtracks and extra bro-ness.
But I thought the Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted reboots WERE returning to the core values? The brodudeness seems dialed right back from ProStreet and Underground, anyway.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
But I thought the Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted reboots WERE returning to the core values? The brodudeness seems dialed right back from ProStreet and Underground, anyway.

The Hot Pursuit reboot had nothing to do with NFS core values. It was just Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, and Most Wanted seems to have gone the same route.

Mascot

The Hot Pursuit reboot had nothing to do with NFS core values. It was just Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, and Most Wanted seems to have gone the same route.
Somebody needs to define NFS core values for me. I'm guessing Porsche Unleashed features heavily?

Here's a tip: It's exactly like HP, which is exactly like Paradise, which is an open-world version of every other Burnout game.
If you think Hot Pursuit is exactly like Burnout Paradise, you haven't played one of those games in a long while. Besides being made by Criterion they don't have much in common at all. Driving feel, control, world design and feature sets are very different. Handbrake and boost are straight up BP though.

That said, NFS: Most Wanted looks to be at least a spiritual successor to Paradise, so I'm all in. Looks like its going to be a great time.

The_Monk

I remember when I got Forza 4. I wanted the Limited Edition on Day one and that was what I got. The OT was really nice, I was thinking wich pre-order DLC I was going to get and when my order arrived it came with 2 DLC Codes, nice.

Almost one year has passed and I love this game. The soundtrack on menu is really Zen, I love watching my brand new purchased car on the track before racing.

The Community was very kind, my biggest regret was the lack of LIVE. Without it I stayed out of the Community and GAF races which is sad considering I was also a member on GAF Club since the day I got the game.

Today I finally completed this game:

LpoFIl.jpg

uIm6ll.jpg

Level: 209
Time Driven: 154h24:47
DLC Purchased Day 1: Porsche DLC

The missing Achievement is Forza Faithful... :( (If anyone can help me with this one, feel free to help, don't be shy!)

I'm still going to be arround, check the September DLC and keep looking at this thread. While I'm at it I will leave my two biggest complains about the game:

1- You need Xbox Live GOLD just to get a free car. I mean, T10 gives me a free car, it's waiting for me one button away and if you do not have GOLD you won't get the free car. I mean trading I could understand but this is too much. Right now I have GOLD and I still grabbed a few cars from T10.

2- The lack of more tracks. On the Game or as DLC the lack of tracks is my biggest complain, many times I got tired and it felt I was racing on the same place all over again (because maybe I was)

I might grab Horizon, let's see. If I can get the Limited Edition I'll be there Day one, if not I might wait and get it cheap.

Mascot

Congrats with completing the game. Remind me again what the Forza Faithful cheeve is..?

2- The lack of more tracks. On the Game or as DLC the lack of tracks is my biggest complain, many times I got tired and it felt I was racing on the same place all over again (because maybe I was)

Your pain is shared. This is probably the biggest single complaint of the series since FM1. With all the millions of dollars revenue that FM4 has generated since its release, including the monthly cash cow of car DLC, it would be nice if Turn 10 took a punt on at least one new track being released. Even if it doesn't make much money for them it would be a nice "thank you" for their vast legions of loyal fans.

The_Monk

Congrats with completing the game. Remind me again what the Forza Faithful cheeve is..?

Forza Faithful: Import a file from Forza Motorsport 3. I played a lot of Forza 3 with my friend but I never got the game for myself. It's a shame.

Thanks Mascot, at this point we all know there will be no more tracks right? No more Spa dreams. Too bad.

I still wanted to believe that they could give a free (heck, even paid) single, little, track. Anyone, really. Just to say, hey, we hear you, it's not going to happen, but take this.

microtubule

Your pain is shared. This is probably the biggest single complaint of the series since FM1. With all the millions of dollars revenue that FM4 has generated since its release, including the monthly cash cow of car DLC, it would be nice if Turn 10 took a punt on at least one new track being released. Even if it doesn't make much money for them it would be a nice "thank you" for their vast legions of loyal fans.

Remember when they didn't want to even give us a proper interior cockpit view?

Anyways, I am not surprised by the lack of track DLC. I thought there might have been a small chance T10 would release the sidewinder tracks from FM3 as DLC but I knew that new-to-the-series tracks would be held for FM5.

Mascot

Forza Faithful: Import a file from Forza Motorsport 3. I played a lot of Forza 3 with my friend but I never got the game for myself. It's a shame.
Ah, that shouldn't be too tricky if you can borrow an FM3 disc from somewhere. Does your friend still have his copy? It'd be a shame not to complete all the cheeves having got so close.

Shaneus

This.
Somebody needs to define NFS core values for me. I'm guessing Porsche Unleashed features heavily?
m9BAY.jpg

19yLG.jpg

Ylj7u.jpg

To elaborate, it's the way that NFS acted as more of a showroom than any other game that's out today. There were real-world photos, a voiceover discussing the history of the car/manufacturer, detailed specs... the games basically did exactly what you'd expect them to do if they were an interactive brochure. I actually enjoyed that aspect of it, something that's really only reared it's head recently in FM4's Autovista mode (but not nearly enough, IMO).

If you think Hot Pursuit is exactly like Burnout Paradise, you haven't played one of those games in a long while. Besides being made by Criterion they don't have much in common at all. Driving feel, control, world design and feature sets are very different. Handbrake and boost are straight up BP though.

That said, NFS: Most Wanted looks to be at least a spiritual successor to Paradise, so I'm all in. Looks like its going to be a great time.
The new HP and MW are a lot fucking closer to Burnout Paradise (or any other Burnout) than any of their predecessors. The drift mechanic is *identical*, the control and feel are very, VERY similar. Until (2010) HP, there wasn't such a by-the-numbers drift mechanic in any NFS game. Pretty sure nitro (aka The Burnout Meter, as seen in EVERY BURNOUT GAME) didn't make an appearance as a stock option until HP, either (yes, it was in the Underground games, but only as an after-market option, not as a factory item).

If you compare NFS now to NFS of 10-15 years ago, they're VERY different beasts. I'm glad HP brought some of the car catalogue-ish stuff from it's ancestors (specs, informational tidbits etc.) but they're nowhere near as relevant as they were back then... like they're more just for show than anything else. Other than that aspect of it, HP and (new) MW could not be more different from games prior.

That's not to say I don't enjoy HP. I do. But it's ridiculous that it even has the NFS name, let alone acts as the sole excuse for EA to hold onto Porsche exclusivity.

The_Monk

Ah, that shouldn't be too tricky if you can borrow an FM3 disc from somewhere. Does your friend still have his copy? It'd be a shame not to complete all the cheeves having got so close.

Not really. =/

He got rid of his 360 after the console died on him for the second time so he sold all the games & accessories.

I'll just deal with it since there's nothing I can do. Thanks anyway.

Not really. =/

He got rid of his 360 after the console died on him for the second time so he sold all the games & accessories.

I'll just deal with it since there's nothing I can do. Thanks anyway.
Where do you live? I could send you my copy, I just request that I get it back eventually. Lol

The_Monk

Where do you live? I could send you my copy, I just request that I get it back eventually. Lol

Portugal (Europe) ;) That's very kind of you Sirket but I can't ask you that. I don't want to give you work and spend money with the postage.

But that's very kind, thank you for trusting and trying to help! It means a lot.

Also, xam3l those pictures are amazing! Well done man.

Holy fucking shit. Are we playing the same game?!?!?

With experience, anyone can achieve this level of greatness, I promise! (BTW, impressive work there, xam3l!)

Combining the right car/track/angle/settings can make a pic look like it was taken in a PS2 game, or a Xbox 720 game...just an example, four of my last pictures, of which I'm satisfied with the result:

7791117670_9dd4701672_c.jpg

7790750648_4a59745c04_c.jpg

7876226836_04972f8e82_c.jpg

7879223524_cdabeb5db5_c.jpg

And a bonus shot, my Focus ST Le Mans racer with a few new stickers:

7907775714_1d1ed1d7cc_c.jpg

I really need to learn how to tune a car, the handling and braking is just pure rubbish...

xam3l

Ah thanks guys!
SarBear yes it is! Like JorgePinto said its all about experiment with the values.
I would say forget about photorealism and that shots that just looks good and solid. Sometimes the end result of some shots can be very rewarding.

Loving the green Ruf ;)

Shaneus

Is there any post-processing done on yours, Jorge? I think I can see some sharpness filter action going on (at least, in the first pic) but can't be too sure... I've been wrong before!

Is there any post-processing done on yours, Jorge? I think I can see some sharpness filter action going on (at least, in the first pic) but can't be too sure... I've been wrong before!

Yes, in order to keep the pic sharp after resizing it (they are all bigshots, and all pics have sharpening filters)...I always compare the original pic with the resized one, in order to make sure I'm not making the photo better just because of the sharpening, maybe in the SAAB pic, for example, is more noticeable than others, but it's not really that far from how it's supposed to look. (I can add a comparation pic if you want, of course)

Without that, the details are all washed away...also, i always notice that the picture i download to my PC and what i see in the screen before making the actual pic is not exactly the same, some details starts to go away there, so in the end, it's a completely different thing.

However, I'm trying to get them even better, since the sharpening in some it's way too noticeable, as you proved before...

Shaneus

Yes, in order to keep the pic sharp after resizing it (they are all bigshots, and all pics have sharpening filters)...I always compare the original pic with the resized one, in order to make sure I'm not making the photo better just because of the sharpening, maybe in the SAAB pic, for example, is more noticeable than others, but it's not really that far from how it's supposed to look. (I can add a comparation pic if you want, of course)

Without that, the details are all washed away...also, i always notice that the picture i download to my PC and what i see in the screen before making the actual pic is not exactly the same, some details starts to go away there, so in the end, it's a completely different thing.

However, I'm trying to get them even better, since the sharpening in some it's way too noticeable, as you proved before...
Yeah, it was really only in the SAAB pic I picked up on it. Makes a surprisingly big difference, I think!

Just kind of on the photo/colour thing, I'd love for there to be an option where we can adjust the exposure, brightness, contrast and colour saturation (like in photo mode) for in-game. Not necessarily to an extreme, but to be able to tweak the game to look realistic on our own TVs rather than hoping for the dev to get it close enough, that would be awesome.

In fact, more games in general (or even consoles via the OS?) should allow for that. I'd kill for that sort of thing.

Mascot

Just kind of on the photo/colour thing, I'd love for there to be an option where we can adjust the exposure, brightness, contrast and colour saturation (like in photo mode) for in-game. Not necessarily to an extreme, but to be able to tweak the game to look realistic on our own TVs rather than hoping for the dev to get it close enough, that would be awesome.

In fact, more games in general (or even consoles via the OS?) should allow for that. I'd kill for that sort of thing.
This is a fantastic idea.

Top Bottom