• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

eso76

In fact, more games in general (or even consoles via the OS?)

this.
I've been saying this for years, you should adjust brightness and gamma once and for all in the dashboard, hopefully devs would do the same, so everyone would get each game to at least look like it was intended.

Any code for september pack ? : )

Shaneus

this.
I've been saying this for years, you should adjust brightness and gamma once and for all in the dashboard, hopefully devs would do the same, so everyone would get each game to at least look like it was intended.
Oh, and in the case of FM4, bloom as well. So overdone. And road reflections... turn that sunlight reflection from infinity down to something a little more plausible for dry roads.

Mascot

I've been getting thoroughly absorbed in long races against 11 AI opponents in multiplayer recently. These races really are terrific fun, and highlight how silly the two-lap races are in the career mode. Being able to pick which cars the AI drive is superb, but why the hell can't I pick painted/tuned cars from my own garage for them? What a monumental oversight by Turn 10, and yet another example that makes me wonder whether they actually play their own game. With a little more thought FM4 could be so much better, more user-friendly. It'd be nice to be able to save the lobby settings too, so I don't have to set it up again every time I boot up the game.

Anyway, this is probably the way I'll be playing the game from now on. Can't see that career grid ever being finished, what with its repetitive opponents, same old track choices and pointlessly short races.

eso76

I've been getting thoroughly absorbed in long races against 11 AI opponents in multiplayer recently. These races really are terrific fun, and highlight how silly the two-lap races are in the career mode.

Fake multiplayer races are the way to go, too bad they suffer from the limitations from, heh, multiplayer races.

What the game REALLY NEEDS (listen here, T10) is very simple indeed: An EVENT CREATOR.
You pick the track/s, set the rules, lenght etc. choose the cars (if you want, or let the cpu do that according to your rules) and then play it like you would any other event in career mode. Prizes according to lenght and difficulty.
Maybe even use the livery editor or photomode to create a picture for the event :p

So if i want to create an 'all VW Beetles' across the globe i can do that, or a porsche vs ferrari duel kind of race, or anything.
And not have to pick a colour for each cpu car myself, thanks.
They could even randomly pick saved liveries, or pick tuned cars from my garage.
It's easy, really.

Mascot

Fake multiplayer races are the way to go, too bad they suffer from the limitations from, heh, multiplayer races.

What the game REALLY NEEDS (listen here, T10) is very simple indeed: An EVENT CREATOR.
You pick the track/s, set the rules, lenght etc. choose the cars (if you want, or let the cpu do that according to your rules) and then play it like you would any other event in career mode. Prizes according to lenght and difficulty.
Maybe even use the livery editor or photomode to create a picture for the event :p

So if i want to create an 'all VW Beetles' across the globe i can do that, or a porsche vs ferrari duel kind of race, or anything.
They could even randomly pick saved liveries, or pick tuned cars from my garage.
It's easy, really.
Sounds easy, doesn't it? Easy and obvious. Yet deep down we all know that Dan, as producer of the game and somebody with the power of implementation, will totally overlook it in favour of something 'awesome' like Car Tennis or Bus Racing.

paskowitz

This has been gaining a lot of traction with the GT community as well and I think it is something that is sorely missing from console racing games. Look all the way back to GTR2. You could set every parameter, choose each individual car on any track. I really do not understand how this has not been implemented yet. It is so simple. You have a list of cars, tracks and regulations. They are all available on an individual basis and you choose the ones you want to create your own race.

Second, I really want to see T10 make a greater effort to model tracks more faithfully. This is in addition to a lack of wheel support is what made me not fix my RROD'ed 360 and thus stop playing FM4.

SarBear

I'm just going to go on record that nearly every member of ONR, o2R, .....and EVERY member of oNHR as well as BTD are some straight bitches. Good lord, they'll do anything to win and when they don't, I'm getting kicked.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm just going to go on record that nearly every member of ONR, o2R, .....and EVERY member of oNHR as well as BTD are some straight bitches. Good lord, they'll do anything to win and when they don't, I'm getting kicked.

Almost every club that goes in to matchmaking as a group are just going to ram their way to 1st place.

Some more of those amazing FM4 car model renders
871MZ.jpg

zQUov.jpg

1vUeF.jpg

ilSFb.jpg

CWLCI.jpg

It's easy, really.

Since i discover the system link event creator (very similar to forza 4 lobby with AI) i have been asking for a custom race single player editor were we can sellect all those things, including the cars of the AI, rules and being able to save those settings and share them with other also, to create for example a DTM championship or group C races, etc.

Today more than ever i want this because i love the trackday gameplay and the 1vs1 events, they are absolutly awesome and refreshing, i´d love to have more of them in every track possible.

eso76

Some more of those amazing FM4 car model renders

Another one:

qOzIw.jpg

That's what Camino Viejo WILL look like in Forza 5 (fat chance !)
Too bad ingame shaders (and lack of, here and there) and lighting are not quite perfect yet, but things have been improving with every iteration.

Mascot

Another one:

qOzIw.jpg

That's what Camino Viejo WILL look like in Forza 5 (fat chance !)
Too bad ingame shaders (and lack of, here and there) and lighting are not quite perfect yet, but things have been improving with every iteration.
Is there any reason why FM5 on 720 couldn't look like that?

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
WOW, now that's is exactly what I'd expect FM5 look like.

BTW, where's Jube? was hoping & praying he would be dishing out some free codes for the Pennzoil pack.

eso76

Yes, that's what FM5 will look like, you saw it here first !

FM5 maple valley !

What dynamic..err, i mean alternate, time of day will look like

Top Gear test track

oh, and this is a F458 just out of the tunnel in Bernese alps track

ok, not really. These are renders, but car models are Fm4's

Is there any reason why FM5 on 720 couldn't look like that?

well, we don't know 720's specs yet, but besides that the difference between these renders and Fm4 is not HUGE *in terms of work that needs to be done on assets* (it obviously is in terms of visuals).
Just working on lighting and shaders (which will obviously affect all cars automatically) will get you 'almost there'.
IBL is a step in the right direction, if they could get it to look as convincing as it does in homespace, work some more on shaders (and well, actually go through car models and properly set the right material for different surfaces, which fm4 doesn't always do: some cars actually have quite a few surfaces which are basically shaderless) and maybe enable occlusion mapping, i think this could be more or less what you'd end up with.
I think it's a harder work to get the tracks to look like that actually.

SarBear

WOW, now that's is exactly what I'd expect FM5 look like.

BTW, where's Jude? was hoping & praying he would be dishing out some free codes for the Pennzoil pack.

Jude? This isn't Jenny Jones.

He'll never show up if you don't send out the batsignal for his real username, Jube.

Seanspeed

Banned

One of the problems with FM3 was it still showed the TruSkill rank and the really high ranked guys started getting a little obsessive with keeping/raising their rank and if somebody lower ranked was beating them, a lot of people felt compelled to do whatever it took to get ahead again, even if it was dirty.

I kind of miss TruSkill rank cuz for the large majority of people, it was pretty accurate and allowed me to know ahead of time if a room was going to be competitive or not, but I can see why they disabled it.

Mascot

BTW, where's Jude? was hoping & praying he would be dishing out some free codes for the Pennzoil pack.

Hey Jube, don't make it bad.
Take some good codes and make it better.
Remember to let us into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey Jube, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get codes.
The minute you let us download some cars,
Then you begin to make it better.

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jube, refrain,
Don't carry those codes upon your shoulder.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Hey Jube, don't let me down.
You have Pennzoil codes, please go and get them.
Remember to let us into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

So send them out and let us in, hey Jube, begin,
You're waiting for someone to play with.
And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jube, you'll do,
The movement you need is on your right bumper.

Hey Jube, don't make it bad.
Take a good code and make it better.
Remember you let us under your skin,
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh.

Na na na na na na naaaaa, na na na naaaaa, hey Jube...

Sorry. That was really bad. I have been drinking.

El_Chino

As we're nearing the final months of DLC support for FM4 I think we should start guessing what car is going to be on the cover of FM5. I'll start by guessing this (even thought it's not much of a performance it still looks great and futuristic)
bmw_i8_concept_1.jpg

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
As we're nearing the final months of DLC support for FM4 I think we should start guessing what car is going to be on the cover of FM5. I'll start by guessing this (even thought it's not much of a performance it still looks great and futuristic)
bmw_i8_concept_1.jpg

Just a concept though, isn't it? So doubtful.

It really depends on who T10 decide to take the most money from and thus try to make that company the leaderboard owner :p

Um, my guess would be a Merc SLS.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Got the pack. HUGELY disappointed with the Vandura: No bullbar, no sunblocker on the front window, no lights on the roof. Only the spoiler and bumpers...

Here, have this while i make pics for all cars:

7929344500_b20a437428_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8175/7929368308_ebcd298cbb_c.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8034/7929370706_e03ef80c82_c.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8321/7929406934_d05efd6095_c.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7929433448_20cd400ce1_c.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8436/7929457614_9d7c806e34_c.jpg

Just downloaded the pack now.
Will take some big shots tomorrow.

Jorge, a few of the cars wheels look like they're not contacting the road properly,
Is this typical of those cars or is it just that particular stretch of road?

The_Monk

While I finished Forza last week I'm not sure I can let it go I see myself going back just to check some cars but man the photos in here are in another level, pretty amazing shots!

Seanspeed

Banned
But I am the most terrible and bad driver Online!

At least I do clean races. Last place FTW.
This is why I dont do many single-player races for the most part. You learn very little. After beating the event list, which must take like 100 hours or something, ideally, you'd think a person could come away a decent driver, but racing against the Forza AI just doesn't teach you to get better. Especially when you can just upgrade/tune your way to 1st place and spend 95% of your time playing just trundling around in the lead of races in order to get those check marks for the event list.

Racing online means endless competition and races. And if you're avoiding the public hoppers, you can find people who like to do unique races that are completely different to what you were doing in single-player and are a lot of fun.

Just sayin - getting online means endless replay value and is far more satisfying than racing against AI. I know the learning curve can put people off, but its worth it if you like this stuff. Spend some time with it, and you'll learn 10x as quick as you would playing offline. You sound like you have the right attitude for it, not worrying about where you place, but instead just having a decent, clean race. I just think it'd be a shame to be 'done' with Forza just cuz you completed the event list when there's so much more to it.

Top Bottom