• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

DasRaven

drifter444 said:
Do I need to buy the transferable cars in order to transfer them from forza 3 to forza 4?

Yes, they must be in the garage to count.

Izayoi said:
So will I be able to import the pre-order Unicorn from FM3 after I've already imported my driver level, or do I have to wait to play Forza 4 until they send me the code?

No, profile import is a 1 time event. So what you have in your FM3 profile gets transferred and credited. After that, you'll have to get it in FM4.

Do we have a rivals or car club? I cant find the link/thread for it anywhere!

If not, add me as a friend, need some racing rivals!

GT: leftover911

DasRaven

Hawk269 said:
Im being totally special ed here...but where do I change global AI difficulty? I am already level 10 and have not lost a race. Options only shows difficulty for driving assists/steering etc. But for the life of me, cant find the global AI difficulty. Please help Gaf!

World tour = dynamic = no option to change
Event list/quick race/multiplayer = 4 fixed levels = can be changed.

Don't feel too bad, you're only 6% through the levels (150).

Izayoi

Banned
DasRaven said:
No, profile import is a 1 time event. So what you have in your FM3 profile gets transferred and credited. After that, you'll have to get it in FM4.
How long does it take for them to send you your code?

Looks like I won't be playing Forza 4 for a while. :(

XShagrath

drifter444 said:
So hows the situation with the limited editions. My K-mart had a couple of them and they are not selling (I live in a small town in Idaho).
Since mine didn't arrive from Amazon today, I decided to make a last ditch effort to find one tonight. My Walmart didn't have them, and neither did the Gamestop in the same plaza. I called Best Buy and they said they didn't have any either, but another location a little farther away may have some. Didn't think to try our KMart. It's kind've out of the way and rather ghetto. Might be a good option to try in the morning.

DasRaven

Izayoi said:
How long does it take for them to send you your code?

Looks like I won't be playing Forza 4 for a while. :(

What code are you talking about? The RX7 unicorn you get for submitting your pre-order reciept? I got that within 24h of submission.

Blackvette94 said:
How do I install disc 2!? It says I cantninstall it, I already installed disc 1, anyone know??

There was an additional pane on the game type options (community/free play/career/etc) screen that was install disc 2. There were instructions in the pamphet-sized instruction manual. Once installed, that pane went away.

DasRaven said:
You cannot select opponent difficulty in World Tour, the AI is dynamic according to your driver level.
Thanks. So does that mean it employs rubber band AI?

Also, I imported my Forza 3 save file, and it said it was giving me $50,000 as a bonus for doing so. Well, I've currently got $27,000 after a handful of races. :/

Hawk269

DasRaven said:
World tour = dynamic = no option to change
Event list = fixed = can be changed.

Don't feel too bad, you're only 6% through the levels (150).

Thanks man. It is weird, I can destroy the AI in some races, but in others cant get into the top 3. It seems a little weird, but having some fun with it.

I have to say, the old tracks (at least the ones I have seen) are really alot better than their F3 counterparts. So far, Laguna Seca is the biggest improvement along with Camino/Ladera. So much better right now.

Izayoi

Banned
DasRaven said:
The RX7 unicorn you get for submitting your pre-order reciept? I got that within 24h of submission.
It's been longer than 24h and I still haven't received it yet. It's not so much the car that I care about, but the achievement in Forza 4. It's going to be just as impossible to get a Unicorn there as it was in 3 I wager, so I really don't have a choice but to wait.

Gowans007 said:
Yeah great GAF races guys. Loadaa fun, nice n clean n good talk.

69 members in the group already. I'll add more in the morning if you send your requests in.

Thanks for the ad, and sorry for not responding to your invite! lol My wife and I were walking out the door as it came in. Definitely look forward to racing with everyone. Never really dug into the Forza series, but in my brief stint with it so far today, its pretty damn awesome.

mblitek said:
It sounds like something similar to my problem!
I have my mouth controller wired out to a PS2 controller (for numerous reasons.) So I just use Xbox360&PS3 adapters, no problem.

Until, Forza 4 fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

The controls are somehow majorily fubar'd. Pressing LEFT on the joystick is throttle for example, there is no A button etc. But the Start button & Xbox button work fine? Sounds similar to your problem.

Here's my controller for those interested:

This is version 6, a bit has changed since:

http://www.bcopping.com/Site/controller1.jpg

Can I join the club as well? GT: cleanme
Love that. I just watched a youtube video of somebody using one, and it works really well!

Hawk269 said:
Thanks man. It is weird, I can destroy the AI in some races, but in others cant get into the top 3. It seems a little weird, but having some fun with it.
And that is exactly why there should always be a difficulty option for racing games, because if the developer fucks up and makes one particular race harder than it should be, I'd like to option to bump it down to complete it.

Fox Mulder

Izayoi said:
It's been longer than 24h and I still haven't received it yet. It's not so much the car that I care about, but the achievement in Forza 4. It's going to be just as impossible to get a Unicorn there as it was in 3 I wager, so I really don't have a choice but to wait.
There's also like 3 cars that import from forza 3 that are now unicorns in this game. If you had the f3 vip pack cars in your garage, you'll get the achievement.

But I looked in the auction house and there's a unicorn already over a million with a day left. So yeah...

Only because I like it ;)

6236351676_062dd41e62_b.jpg

Shortt Sirket said:
I understand, it just isn't a big deal to me. Turning off the Speed Wheel and turning on the controller takes about 20 seconds so it doesn't phase me. I dunno, maybe I don't get riled up at stuff like that. *shrug* It is a minor annoyance, but I consider it worth it for how great the Speed Wheel works.

And I have never had any problems with the configuration. I set what works and I have had no problems. Again, maybe I am just easy to please.
The problem is when you go to turn the Speed Wheel back on, the game no longer recognizes it properly. So a session of race-paint-race means you'll need to restart the game after painting to get it to work right. It's a bug. It's fixable. It was more annoying to me when I couldn't figure out what was happening.

Izayoi

Banned
bkfount said:
There's also like 3 cars that import from forza 3 that are now unicorns in this game. If you had the f3 vip pack cars in your garage, you'll get the achievement.
Which cars that import are Unicorns, and are they DLC only?

I'd rather not spend ten dollars on DLC just for an achievement, but I'll do what I have to do.

Okay, now that I've been able to pry myself away for a few mins...

This game is just plain fantastic, even with a controller. The feel is 100 times better than Forza 3. Cars actually have defined understeer and oversteer characteristics!

World tour seems like a much more inviting process than the Season system of 3. Driver levels and credits are rewarded much faster.

Only downsides are the lack of P cars and a few tracks. After watching the Bathurst 1000, I REALLY hope we see that as DLC.

gillty

Banned
Big Takeover said:
The problem is when you go to turn the Speed Wheel back on, the game no longer recognizes it properly. So a session of race-paint-race means you'll need to restart the game after painting to get it to work right. It's a bug. It's fixable. It was more annoying to me when I couldn't figure out what was happening.
This was in the demo as well, came back mid-race after the controller disconnected, switched back to controller mode making my speed wheel unusable.

saladine1 said:
I had my copy two days ago here in Sydney.
Again, anyone from Sydney go to Harvey Norman in Auburn, Funland in Bankstown.
Really? Hence why you haven't been posting much!
If that's the case, how do I go about convincing JB hi FI here in Adelaide to help a brother out?

Izayoi said:
Which cars that import are Unicorns, and are they DLC only?

I'd rather not spend ten dollars on DLC just for an achievement, but I'll do what I have to do.

The Lambo Superleggra and the 430 Scuderia are Unicorns, I believe.

Big Takeover said:

HOLY SHIT! Is that what that is? I thought maybe I was just imagining it or something. Is that why the wheel feels so fuckin twitchy after a couple of those on/off things? Well then I was wrong and I apologize to everyone I thought was crazy. I just thought I was just feeling things that weren't there.

burgerdog

Kmart had ONE limited edition and I managed to get it despite going at 5:30pm. Paid $60 for it and received another $20. Feels good, man.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If the RUF CTR Yellowbird is a unicorn, I'm going to topple a magazine rack.

Also, I had a 430 Scuderia in my Forza 3 garage, so I got that achievement no problem.

Izayoi

Banned
Lima said:
The fuck you are doing for a stupid achievement?
user_nat said:
I love achievements, but yeah.. that does seem a little excessive.
I need them.

Also, looks like the Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evolution is a Unicorn in 4 and can be imported from 3, so no real world money purchase needed.

Had to sharpen my Google-fu a bit, but there you have it.

Izayoi said:
I need them.

Also, looks like the Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evolution is a Unicorn in 4 and can be imported from 3, so no real world money purchase needed.

Can it? It's not on the import list.

DasRaven

twinturbo2 said:
If the RUF CTR Yellowbird is a unicorn, I'm going to topple a magazine rack.

Also, I had a 430 Scuderia in my Forza 3 garage, so I got that achievement no problem.

It isn't. All 17 known unicorns are confirmed now. CTR isn't even in the game at this point.

Shaneus

Gowans007 said:
Yeah great GAF races guys. Loadaa fun, nice n clean n good talk.

69 members in the group already. I'll add more in the morning if you send your requests in.
Shit. 69 already? Looks like no insta-join for any AusGAF people :(

DasRaven

Izayoi said:
I need them.

Nope, it is a unicorn, but it cannot be imported.

Here's the confirmed list:
Profile Imports Standard
2009 Corvette ZR1
2010 Ferrari 458
2010 Lexus LFA
1982 Delorean DMC-12

Profile Import Unicorns
1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia 270k
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 195k
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

Unicorns
2007 Lambo Murciélago LP640
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
2002 BMW M3-GTR "Street Version"
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2007 Shelby GT500
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra

saladine1 said:
I had my copy two days ago here in Sydney.
Again, anyone from Sydney go to Harvey Norman in Auburn, Funland in Bankstown.

I just rang Harvey Norman Adelaide City, and they 'investigated' it for me, yet they called back and advised me that they had not received "THE" email yet confirming the broken street date - so I am stuck forza 4-less again.

Anything I haven't thought of?
(I know its only a day earlier, but circumstances have it that I wont be able to play it until Saturday arvo :-( )

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Shaneus said:
Shit. 69 already? Looks like no insta-join for any AusGAF people :(
At least you will (probably) get yours this week. Ozgameshop hasn't even shipped yet.

Top Bottom