• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Lima

Spasm said:
The preorder receipt car... Did you receive it in F3 first?

Yeah that would be my question too.

Do you get that RX-7 unicorn car in forza 3? I didn't get it but maybe I deleted that message in my message center(if that is possible)?

DasRaven

Lima said:
Yeah that would be my question too.

Do you get that RX-7 unicorn car in forza 3? I didn't get it but maybe I deleted that message in my message center(if that is possible)?

Yes, you get the Spirit-R in FM3 and it can then be imported into FM4.
And yes, it is possible to delete a gift/unicorn car message before downloading it to the garage.

Izayoi said:
So this thread is wrong, then?

Yes, that's why the FM.net Moderator Hieronymus1967 was lampooning the thread as a "confirmed" list when it totally wasn't.

Spasm

OMG this game! Feels so right.

Only complaint I have is photo mode. WTF T10, fstop 50 (lol) is NOT a larger aperture than 2.
Still haven't figured out shutter speed, is higher or lower faster? Why couldn't they use basic photography principles?

sneaky77

Izayoi said:
It's been longer than 24h and I still haven't received it yet. It's not so much the car that I care about, but the achievement in Forza 4. It's going to be just as impossible to get a Unicorn there as it was in 3 I wager, so I really don't have a choice but to wait.

what code? they send it to you on Forza3 and then you import it

Lima

sneaky77 said:
what code? they send it to you on Forza3 and then you import it

Let's say I accidentally deleted that message in F3. Any way to get a another chance to download the car?

h3ro

Cptkrush said:
anyone import their forza 3 profile and not get rewarded the 60k credits, or is it just me?
I thought the credits awarded had to do with driver level in F3. I was Lvl. 50 and got the 60K.

Shaneus

user_nat said:
At least you will (probably) get yours this week. Ozgameshop hasn't even shipped yet.
Fair call. I originally had it ordered from MightyApe when JB had their price at $109 for the LCE, but once I noticed it dropped (a few weeks ago) and noting they had a Scooby for the preorder bonus (rather than that Mini at MA) it was a no-brainer.

AMUSIX

My first real pic...
miurahlgc.jpg

love, love, love the car :)

edit: goddamn, do the pics come out looking so much better than F3....might have to get more into photography this time around....

samdavis

Neo Member
soundscream said:
LOL

I saw you post in the drive thread and in here so I figured you would get a kick out of it

Indeed I did. A kick right in the teeth (or maybe a stomp in the head), in the best way possible. Is there any way that you could make that available for download?

T Ghost

Letters said:
Anyone try all the kinect stuff?

I tried and it was a huge FAIL. Head tracking simply doesn't work. Autovista is absurdely imprecise. There's no other way to describe the Kinect implementation from my experience besides the words: "IT'S BROKEN".

Voice commands though (shorcuts) worked flawlessly.

if anyone can make Kinect head tracking work please let me know. I was really anxious to see this feature but it simple doesn't work here.

feel

microsoft store just gave me my preorder money back and basically said "whoops, we ran out of LCEs"

fuck you MS store

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Just picked up my copy from Futureshop. They were giving away Top Gear season 15 with it, but only the dvd version. I persuaded them to give me the bluray version instead lol

pDa6Ll.jpg

Hey SHANEUS,
Have you tried ringing around anywhere for early copies?
I tried Harvey Norman in Adelaide, but to no avail (No official email) - was hoping to get JB to match it.

gotee12

Cptkrush said:
Yep, i was level 50, didn't get any credits. Got all the cars though.
I had to "accept" the credits from the ingame message. You should have a notification about said credits. Once you find the notification, hit A to accept them.

Cptkrush said:
Yep, i was level 50, didn't get any credits. Got all the cars though.

They don't give you the credits automatically like the cars, you have to read the message and press a button, or something. I don't remember, it was a little convoluted.

Shaneus

evil_as_skeletor said:
Hey SHANEUS,
Have you tried ringing around anywhere for early copies?
I tried Harvey Norman in Adelaide, but to no avail (No official email) - was hoping to get JB to match it.
Have a look at this :)

No receipt so I think that picture/post is a bit useless (for now), but there's some useful info on the last page of that thread on Whirlpool. Keep an eye out on that thread because for breaking street dates, nothing's better than Whirlpool.

Cptkrush

gotee12 said:
I had to "accept" the credits from the ingame message. You should have a notification about said credits. Once you find the notification, hit A to accept them.
Absoludacrous said:
They don't give you the credits automatically like the cars, you have to read the message and press a button, or something. I don't remember, it was a little convoluted.
Alright, I'll check it out tomorrow, sounds about right.

Shaneus said:
Have a look at this :)

No receipt so I think that picture/post is a bit useless (for now), but there's some useful info on the last page of that thread on Whirlpool. Keep an eye out on that thread because for breaking street dates, nothing's better than Whirlpool.

Just rang Adelaide City JB, no recollection of selling a copy. I gather he meant Adelaide store.

Thanks for the reply, I will monitor that post...

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Been doing hot laps on maple valley all night trying to get the feel for the speed wheel down. After years of controller racing, it is very novel.

Spasm

RukusProvider said:
Has T10 given out the Pre Order bonuses yet? (the email ones) I haven't received anything.
You get the bonus in F3 as a gift car. Then it imports with the rest of your F3 career into F4.

Hawk269

With the World Tour Mode being dynamic as far as AI, would I lose anything by just playing the events on their own and setting the difficulty myself? I think it was really retarded that they did what they did. Like I said eariler, some races I can beat the AI by 20+ seconds, and in other races I cant get past 3rd. A good example is I was playnig a season finale where you race the course at 2 different times of day. 1st race beat the AI by 20+ seconds, second race came in 4th. No major errors or anything, actually had better lap times on the 2nd race, but could not catch the AI at all. Really stupid system they implemented.

Westonian

I honestly purchased a 360 just for this game over the weekend. Finally got home after staring at my LCE box on my desk all day. Installed the game, redeemed my codes, and did a couple of World Tour races. Coming from GT5, the UI in this game blows it away!

As I said, I only just purchased the 360, so any friend invites would be appreciated! My gamertag is Bored2Deaf. I sent a request to join the GAF club as well, so if it's not full I'd love to join!

sneaky77

sneaky77 said:
So why do you get 0 cr in some races? is it cause you replay it?

I know I keep quoting myself, but I am finding this incredibly frustrating.

Also, anyone with a Fanatec wheel having issues hitting the LB button to bring the messages and nothing comes up?

As a third, I love the wheel and pedals, is def a learning experience.

sneaky77 said:

Also, anyone with a Fanatec wheel having issues hitting the LB button to bring the messages and nothing comes up?

Left trigger brings messages up, which is mapped to the brake pad on wheels (I'm assuming; I'm using the MS wheel, so if Fanatec is different don't hate me). Can't help with the credit problem though, sounds like a glitch?

Spasm

sneaky77 said:

Just a guess, but is your car class way higher than your opponents? (don't know if that makes a difference)

Edit: \/\/\/ That sucks dude. Have no idea. Does this game have cr bans?

sneaky77

Spasm said:
Just a guess, but is your car class way higher than your opponents? (don't know if that makes a difference)

Well is an F class car, in F races..

Even winning in rivals mode got me nothing..

Top Bottom