• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
So I noticed in Career mode, it has the driving line and it will auto deaccelerate for you. Is there a way to turn this off?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
g35twinturbo said:
So I noticed in Career mode, it has the driving line and it will auto deaccelerate for you. Is there a way to turn this off?

Yes, before you start a race you can tweak a bunch of settings. You can minimize those or shut them off completely. The game rewards you with more XP and cash if you turn them off.

sneaky77

g35twinturbo said:

yes. should be in the options or career settings, race settings, it was on the demo. Unless is the very first race, then I think thats by default

stewy

What's the deal on the car club? Do I just send a request from in the game? (Haven't played yet, still installing/inputting content codes.)

Gowans

Yeah great GAF races guys. Loadaa fun, nice n clean n good talk.

69 members in the group already. I'll add more in the morning if you send your requests in.

Hawk269 said:
1.) Cause your Speed Wheel physically does not have the LB & RB Buttons
2.) The only way to do this is hit the guide button (if your wheel is on), turn off wheel, then power up standard controller. When you want to back to the wheel you must do the same. Guide<Turn Off Controller<Game will prompt you to plug in controller<Power up Wheel.
3.) Have no idea, perhaps breakin period..not sure...my "B" Button is fine, but also had my wheel for about 11 days now.
No, what I mean is how did it get released in such a broken state?

Also, when I reconnect my speed wheel, the game thinks its a full fledge steering wheel controller and you can't fix it without quiting to the 360 dashboard.

What a cluster fuck.

Quote said:
No, what I mean is how did it get released in such a broken state?

Also, when I reconnect my speed wheel, the game thinks its a full fledge steering wheel controller and you can't fix it without quiting to the 360 dashboard.

What a cluster fuck.

It is a wheel, that is how the game is supposed to configure it. I don't see the problem there.

And it is not broken at all. It is missing two buttons, but it works fantastic and most control schemes don't use those for racing anyway. It is a great wheel and works incredibly well so I would call it the opposite of a "cluster fuck."

Izayoi

Banned
Izayoi said:
So will I be able to import the pre-order Unicorn from FM3 after I've already imported my driver level, or do I have to wait to play Forza 4 until they send me the code?
Anyone know?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I imported my FM3 profile and immeadiatlely got the unicorn hunter achievement, is that supposed to happen?

Man this game is freakin' awesome.

One minor annoyance: Manufacturer stripes paint bug still not fixed from Forza 3!

That means if you buy a car with stripes, you had better like the stripes color you choose because they won't change even if you switch to a different scheme offered by the manufacturer.

Shortt Sirket said:
It is a wheel, that is how the game is supposed to configure it. I don't see the problem there.

And it is not broken at all. It is missing two buttons, but it works fantastic and most control schemes don't use those for racing anyway. It is a great wheel and works incredibly well so I would call it the opposite of a "cluster fuck."
No, you don't understand. There are pieces of the menu that are literally impossible to navigate to if you are using the speed wheel. If you want to jump through hoops, you can first completely turn off the speed wheel, then turn on your controller. That's the only way. So, now you want to go back to race? You'd assume you would just turn off your controller first, then turn back on the speed wheel BUT, the game has specific settings for the speed wheel, and specific settings for the controller and for some odd reason it thinks it's a controller with a completely different layout that is not even drivable. So now I have to quit to the dash board to reset the game to get it to detect the speed wheel correctly.

So yes, a fucking cluster fuck.

Izayoi

Banned
purg3 said:
I imported my FM3 profile and immeadiatlely got the unicorn hunter achievement, is that supposed to happen?
If you had a Unicorn it is transferred over.

I'm wondering if you can import your profile twice, if you get a Unicorn after you get the driver level benefits, or if I'm going to have to wait to play Forza 4 until they email me the code for the pre-order Unicorn.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I never ended up getting the code for the FM3 car. Sent an email with preorder proof like 1.5 months ago.

Pretty sucky.

D6AMIA6N

Gowans007 said:

69 members in the group already. I'll add more in the morning if you send your requests in.

Can I join the club? GT: D6AMIA6N

gillty

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Well, the only fault and negative thing I have to say, it has to do with both the Speed Wheel and Turn 10 is that:

A) The Speed Wheel does not have a LB & RB, so in some menu's where you need the LB & RB you are screwed.

B) Turn 10 - Why did you not make it that if you have a 2nd controller that it could be used to navigate the menu's and use LB/RB for those of us that have the Speed Wheel???

Not Sure why they did this in both the Speed Wheel design, but even easier cause I understand that looking at the Wheel where would they put the LB/RB, but why did T10 not make it a vialble option to have a 2nd controller plugged in to use for the sake of navigating the menu's etc??? It really sucks that there is not that option to use the 2nd controller for stuff like this. I am sure this can be patched in somehow???
WTF Turn10/Microsoft.

Seriously what jackasses, who the fuck bundles a product that doesn't fully work with another product.

Speed wheel is fantastic, but can't control menus because it lacks LB/RB. Fuck you microsoft & turn 10.

ghibli99

Edit: Wow @ ^^^. I have a Speed Wheel coming, too. WTF...

Padded mailer FTL. Amazon got some hate mail from me. :mad: Talk about taking the wind out of my sails... but it will not stop me from playing this tonight.

eemijun

Neo Member
Finally got the game, installing and downloading is taking a while. I sent in a request for the GAF club, hopefully I get accepted. GT - Scuderia2010

Shortt Sirket said:

Quote said:
No, you don't understand. There are pieces of the menu that are literally impossible to navigate to if you are using the speed wheel. If you want to jump through hoops, you can first completely turn off the speed wheel, then turn on your controller. That's the only way. So, now you want to go back to race? You'd assume you would just turn off your controller first, then turn back on the speed wheel BUT, the game has specific settings for the speed wheel, and specific settings for the controller and for some odd reason it thinks it's a controller with a completely different layout that is not even drivable. So now I have to quit to the dash board to reset the game to get it to detect the speed wheel correctly.

To give you a better idea since "speed wheel" and "steering wheel" make this conversation very confusing.

Clearly this just means that they should just let me use my god damn G27 and Play Seat. FUCK.

Izayoi

Banned
user_nat said:
I never ended up getting the code for the FM3 car. Sent an email with preorder proof like 1.5 months ago.

Pretty sucky.
Well that really sucks.

I sent mine in yesterday, I hope they get around to it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just sent an invite to the GAF club, i think. Is there only one GAF club, and how many people can be in one club?

samdavis said:
Pow.

gyV27.jpg

wjPAT.jpg
LOL

I saw you post in the drive thread and in here so I figured you would get a kick out of it

Anybody want to trade my STI code for their 1M?

flashburn2012 said:
Anyone notice that even with disc 1 installed to the hard drive it still seems to be reading the disc like it isn't installed?

bloodforge said:
Mine spins for 5 or so minutes then stops.

It's a new piracy/disk security thing.

Quote said:

I understand, it just isn't a big deal to me. Turning off the Speed Wheel and turning on the controller takes about 20 seconds so it doesn't phase me. I dunno, maybe I don't get riled up at stuff like that. *shrug* It is a minor annoyance, but I consider it worth it for how great the Speed Wheel works.

And I have never had any problems with the configuration. I set what works and I have had no problems. Again, maybe I am just easy to please.

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Wow. Absolutely ridiculous experience at Best Buy trying to get the game, but that's another story.

How did everyone else get their preorder cars? Was it sent to people via email even if they ordered in-store...? Because I don't have a card for the 1M in my game case, and never got a code emailed to me.
...I know it's a lot to ask of you, Jube (especially as I'm a random scrub), but it'd mean the world to me if you could get me a 1M code somehow.

:(

LiK

flashburn2012 said:
Anyone notice that even with disc 1 installed to the hard drive it still seems to be reading the disc like it isn't installed?

apparently, Gears 3 has the same issue....

witness

Good lord is driving the Veyron SS, thanks GAF club, on the Top Gear circuit amazing. Just incredible, and the replay camera's are absolutely perfect. I love you Turn 10

The_Monk

flashburn2012 said:

I think it stop after 1 or 2 minutes. Right? Some GAFfer told that it has to do with the new disc update.

EDIT: Beaten

BoobPhysics101 said:
Anybody want to trade my STI code for their 1M?

It's a new piracy/disk security thing.
Ah, okay cool, thanks. I thought it was spinning less than if it wasn't installed, I just never noticed this with any other games so I knew something was up.

witness said:
Good lord is driving the Veyron SS, thanks GAF club, on the Top Gear circuit amazing. Just incredible, and the replay camera's are absolutely perfect. I love you Turn 10

I am glad you guys are enjoying the cars I shared. Also threw up the McLaren F1, Ferrari 250 TR, the Ferrari 250 GTO and the M Coupe (A Class, my current favorite car). Hope you get some fun out of them!

mblitek

Quote said:
No, you don't understand. There are pieces of the menu that are literally impossible to navigate to if you are using the speed wheel. If you want to jump through hoops, you can first completely turn off the speed wheel, then turn on your controller. That's the only way. So, now you want to go back to race? You'd assume you would just turn off your controller first, then turn back on the speed wheel. BUT, the game has specific settings for the speed wheel, and specific settings for the controller and for some odd reason it thinks it's a controller with a completely different layout that is not even drivable. So now I have to quit to the dash board to reset the game to get it to detect the speed wheel correctly.

It sounds like something similar to my problem!
I have my mouth controller wired out to a PS2 controller (for numerous reasons.) So I just use Xbox360&PS3 adapters, no problem.

Until, Forza 4 fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

The controls are somehow majorily fubar'd. Pressing LEFT on the joystick is throttle for example, there is no A button etc. But the Start button & Xbox button work fine? Sounds similar to your problem.

Here's my controller for those interested:

This is version 6, a bit has changed since:

controller1.jpg

Originally Posted by Gowans007:

Can I join the club as well? GT: cleanme

So hows the situation with the limited editions. My K-mart had a couple of them and they are not selling (I live in a small town in Idaho).

Two questions. Can I turn off the rewind notification, without turning off the ability to rewind? So far I can't find the option, even though it was in Frorza 3.

Also, can you select opponent difficulty in world tour mode? I can't seem to find that option either.

Izayoi

Banned
Izayoi said:
So will I be able to import the pre-order Unicorn from FM3 after I've already imported my driver level, or do I have to wait to play Forza 4 until they send me the code?
Quoting for the new page.

Snipes424 said:
I am really loving the game so far. I haven't played a forza since 2, but it looks and feels awesome.

Same here, have not touched it since Forza 2 and liking it so far. Here's a pic of my 1st car in game.

tb6lL.jpg

Also sent a request to car club "gaf" if that's the one :p Iznogood7 was my Xbox name.

DasRaven

BruiserBear said:
Two questions. Can I turn off the rewind notification, without turning off the ability to rewind? So far I can't find the option, even though it was in Frorza 3.

Also, can you select opponent difficulty in world tour mode? I can't seem to find that option either.

You cannot select opponent difficulty in World Tour, the AI is dynamic according to your driver level.

Hawk269

Im being totally special ed here...but where do I change global AI difficulty? I am already level 10 and have not lost a race. Options only shows difficulty for driving assists/steering etc. But for the life of me, cant find the global AI difficulty. Please help Gaf!

Top Bottom