• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

statham

this game is awesome so far, whatever reviewer said this was a expansion of 3 is on crack.

but WTH, forcing you to start in a race from the get-go? I know how to play dick-wards, get me to the menu so I get my credits from forza 3 and cars, which they could have given a little more, but screw it, game rocks.

statham

-MikePriester- said:
What's this 'Insert disk 2' fiasco that I've missed, so that I can prepare myself on Friday?
you have to install it through disc one, not easy to find either. sorta like the past forza, but easier to find at that time. you can't just pop it in to install. which is dumb.

statham

shinnn said:
holy shit.. Laguna looks so awesome.

Someone will complain about the glare. But I love it. And the replays.. damn.
landscape detail is crazy good, I can't notice it while driving(busy driving, ready myself for next turn) but on replays this kills other games.

lil smoke

Banned
h3ro said:
Anyone else wish the car stats were present when you're gifted a car?

Also, some of these choices are getting tough already. BMW 2002T or Datsun Z?!
At first I did, but I settled and I think I like it better. Making sure I like the way the cars look, imagining them in certain colors, rather than looking at speed and handling is a refreshing change.

Majanew

Banned
-MikePriester- said:
What's this 'Insert disk 2' fiasco that I've missed, so that I can prepare myself on Friday?
Once you put disc 1 in, after you've installed it or not, the game shows an opening video and then forces you into a race. Once you get done with that stupid crap, keep pressing the back button until you get to the Main Menu that has the veritcal boxes for what you want to do...install disc 2 is on the far right.

It's basically hidden. Why T10 didn't just let users install the second disc before even putting in the first, is absurd.

Hopefully, when FM5 releases, it'll be on the next-gen Xbox on Blu-ray so this crap can piss off.

LiK

statham said:
you have to install it through disc one, not easy to find either. sorta like the past forza, but easier to find at that time. you can't just pop it in to install. which is dumb.

install from game menu right?

Majanew said:
Once you put disc 1 in, after you've installed it or not, the game shows an opening video and then forces you into a race. Once you get done with that stupid crap, keep pressing the back button until you get to the Main Menu that has the veritcal boxes for what you want to do...install disc 2 is on the far right.

It's basically hidden. Why T10 didn't just let users install the second disc before even putting in the first, is absurd.

Hopefully, when FM5 releases, it'll be on the next-gen Xbox on Blu-ray so this crap can piss off.

lol, really? that's really dumb.

Speed Wheel questions:

1) Why can I not somehow move tabs in the menu?
2) Why can I not easily switch to a controller that can move tabs?
3) Why do I have to press the B button so hard for it to respond?

I'm sure 1&2 will be fixed shorty seeing how crazy of an oversight it is. For 3 I think I need to exchange my wheel.

A lot of things are hard to find at first in the menus. It's a lot like Xbox dashboards, where you know what you want is in there somewhere, but figuring out what submenu you're looking for can be frustrating. Once you play a bit and get a feel for things it becomes less of an issue though.

XShagrath

eemijun said:
UPS is really taking their time with deliveries, can't wait to start playing
Tell me about it! I still don't have any accurate tracking information. I called UPS and they said it should be today, and Amazon said the same thing. But there have been 0 status updates except for "shipping label printed". :(

LiK

XShagrath said:
Tell me about it! I still don't have any accurate tracking information. I called UPS and they said it should be today, and Amazon said the same thing. But there have been 0 status updates except for "shipping label printed". :(

sometimes UPS can be fucking late. i got packages that arrived well past 6pm a few times. it usually happens with stuff i'm most excited for, lol

eek5

TO-01.jpg

TO-02.jpg

Time to make millions!

TO-03.jpg

Majanew

Banned
Absoludacrous said:
A lot of things are hard to find at first in the menus. It's a lot like Xbox dashboards, where you know what you want is in there somewhere, but figuring out what submenu you're looking for can be frustrating. Once you play a bit and get a feel for things it becomes less of an issue though.
Yeah, menu is a clusterfuck. Was annoying at first. The person(s) that designed it don't need that duty on FM5. lol

sneaky77

LiK said:
sometimes UPS can be fucking late. i got packages that arrived well past 6pm a few times. it usually happens with stuff i'm most excited for, lol

yeah first they do their business route, then residential. 6pm at the earliest seems to be my hood

Majanew said:

Ha! That's ridiculous, I'm glad you posted this so I will be ready for that. So the first race is mandatory and can't make any changes to difficulty? I've heard of training missions ... but for a racer?

Come on Amazon ... my wheel is ready, now deliver!

The install for disc 2 going surprisingly quick. The install of disc 1 to the hdd took forever. The race the game forces you into is just awful. There should be no assists.

The Ford Ka in the club is hilarious! That Mustang King Cobra is beautiful! Anyway, thanks for the acceptance. Feel free to kick me if you need to make room, though. I'm a nub here, vets deserve first in line.

Caddle

The graphics are phenomenal. Just to let everyone know if you use the multiscreen for the in dash view it also affect replays for the better, and the cockpit shake is more pronounced. Put the setting at 58 and try the nurb track, holy shit do the sense of speed along with the pronouced shaking put this game over the top.

Any new impressions on Kinect head tracking and using voice to navigate the menus? I was kindof hoping to have a reason to turn the damn thing on for once.

Eric WK said:
Amazon Prime has failed me.

I guess it had to happen someday.
Happens to all of us eventually. Believe me I can feel your pain. Even had vacation days set aside when Reach released. Bummer that. Now I don't depend upon it and just consider it nice when I do get something on release day.

witness

I did a test drive of the Volt thats in the car club, since I can't find another way to drive these things, on the Top Gear circuit and it was so bizarre to just hear a electric motor hum instead of a standard engine.

Is the Volt a level reward at any point?

Hawk269

Quote said:
Speed Wheel questions:

I'm sure 1&2 will be fixed shorty seeing how crazy of an oversight it is. For 3 I think I need to exchange my wheel.

1.) Cause your Speed Wheel physically does not have the LB & RB Buttons
2.) The only way to do this is hit the guide button (if your wheel is on), turn off wheel, then power up standard controller. When you want to back to the wheel you must do the same. Guide>Turn Off Controller>Game will prompt you to plug in controller>Power up Wheel.
3.) Have no idea, perhaps breakin period..not sure...my "B" Button is fine, but also had my wheel for about 11 days now.

Mascot

Fuuuuuuuck! I hope God intervenes and my order from GAME arrives tomorrow. Can't stand reading about a game I should be playing.

And God: all those times I took your name in vain? I was just biggin' you up, big man. Work some magic for me. I promise to be righteous from now on. Deal?

flashburn2012 said:
When you buy it, lol.
Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. I thought about it a minute and had an "aha!" moment. My bad. Lovin' the game so far. I really really don't want to race the crappy starter cars.

So can I still buy the STI or is a special pre-order car that I can only buy as DLC?

If so, I may be willing to trade my American Muscle Car pack for the STI code.

Alright Gaf.

I redeemed the following:

Amazon STI bonus
Game insert Bonuses
Imported my Forza 3 career

Anything I'm missing!? I don't want to be left out on content :(

LiK

RukusProvider said:
Alright Gaf.

Amazon STI bonus
Game insert Bonuses

i'm you tomorrow, i would like to know as well.

Minimaul

RukusProvider said:
Alright Gaf.

Amazon STI bonus
Game insert Bonuses

BMW M5 you can find on the dashboard. BMW theme if you want that too. (both free)

Muscle Car Pack/Season pass (not free)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mascot said:
Fuuuuuuuck! I hope God intervenes and my order from GAME arrives tomorrow. Can't stand reading about a game I should be playing.

And God: all those times I took your name in vain? I was just biggin' you up, big man. Work some magic for me. I promise to be righteous from now on. Deal?
I hope mine gets here tomorrow, as well. Got Thursday and Friday off work. :)

Shaneus

flyinpiranha said:
Ha! That's ridiculous, I'm glad you posted this so I will be ready for that. So the first race is mandatory and can't make any changes to difficulty? I've heard of training missions ... but for a racer?

Come on Amazon ... my wheel is ready, now deliver!
Sounds like the best option might be to do the following:
1) Install disc 1 via the NXE (almost said XMB... whoops)
2) Run game with disc 1 in slot, but from HDD
3) Get to stage where you can "install" disc 2, then install it
4) Profit

NullPointer said:
ominous silence? Been wondering the same.

Or is everybody enjoying the shit out of it and thus not posting?

I really dug it. I use the voice shortcuts pretty frequently and the head tracking is done really well. I don't really use it for AutoVista, but it is fun to show off.

Again, anyone want to trade their 1M code for my Alfa Romeo code?

Shortt Sirket said:
I really dug it. I use the voice shortcuts pretty frequently and the head tracking is done really well. I don't really use it for AutoVista, but it is fun to show off.
This day keeps on getting better, and the wait that much harder to endure. Thanks for the impressions.

Izayoi

Banned
So will I be able to import the pre-order Unicorn from FM3 after I've already imported my driver level, or do I have to wait to play Forza 4 until they send me the code?

AMUSIX

For the people bitching or shocked about the unskippable beginners race that kicks off the career, did you not play Forza3? And is two quick laps really something to gripe about?

Quote said:
Speed Wheel questions:

Because the controller config is fucking bugged. Make sure the game is listing you as using a SW. If not, restart the game.

Annoyed. Bumping the SW thread.

watership

Installing redeeming codes and browsing the menus like a madman... it has been said many times, but it must be said again:

The menu music is fantastic.

InsanezX2

Just picked up a copy of the LCE. Too bad I won't be able to play it today. :(

On the off chance anyone here is looking for a copy of the LCE in Peoria, IL area there was one left at Best Buy when I was there about a half hour ago. It wasn't with the rest of the 360 games, but on the end of the last aisle of the section near the music games.

Top Bottom