• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

samdavis said:
Indeed I did. A kick right in the teeth (or maybe a stomp in the head), in the best way possible. Is there any way that you could make that available for download?
Its not available on my storefront? I made it in f3 I would have assumed that it would automatically have just transferred over.

Iknos

Eliminated deadzone in settings and while there is still some odd feel it is much better and not mushy anymore.

Also dialed in my FOV and it is perfect. Never had a videogame feel this real to me since I've set the FOV to make my projector screen seem more like a window to a race track. This means cars never stretch and distort and the sense of speed is realistic and not exaggerated. Being 60 fps locked makes it all the more real.

Still not happy with the steering assists in sim wheel mode but te experience so far is very good.

I can start the game and get into a race in under 30 seconds it feels like there is no wait. I am trying to type this on my Phone during loading and I don't have any time.

Add me to GAF club please? :) GT: IknosRacing

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Izayoi said:
Autovista is fucking amazing.

This game is fucking amazing.

Yeah, I love Autovista. I really hope they continue to add cars to it, which it seems like they will since there is a section for it in the marketplace.

eso76

Quote said:
Yeah, I have no idea why The Alps was always the go-to promo track. I never found it that great looking. The rest of the tracks, oof!

yeah, i've been telling you !
Alps is probably the most 'game-ish' looking track in fm4, basically all other tracks make the game look more realistic.

Example of questionable use of resources:

25891.jpg

look at dat bump environment mapped tiles inside the tunnel !
lovely up close but you'll never notice ingame.

sneaky77

im finding those R3 cars uncontrollable in the wheel lol

I think my main issue is that I don't feel like the breaks are doing much, I can slam it down but the speed doesn't really slow down too much, downshift and everything...

maybe I need to muck about with the settings if only I knew what it all did lol.

Hawk269

Unregistered007 said:
I really want to love this game, but the jaggies are killing me.

Yeah it is a little jaggy, but in no way is it killing the game for me. Alot of times, tv settings have a lot to do with it, but that varies from set to set, person to person. Yes, if there is one thing I would like enhanced it is the reduction of jaggies. I wonder if there is a reason that FXAA was not used being that it does not require alot of horsepower to run?

Personally, the jaggies are no worse than the Forza 3, actually to me, they seem a little less than F3, but F4 is pushing alot more detailed cars, more of them and better lighted/detailed enviroments. I really was expecting the jaggies to be a bit worse.

This is why I wish they would make this game on PC. Can you imagine this game with 60fps rear view mirror and ZERO Jaggies? It would be pretty amazing to see.

Aptos

So I got screwed and couldn't get the LCE, so I bought the regular edition: is there any way I can get my hands on a VIP car pack code? Or get VIP status?

G Rom

skyfinch said:
Anyone try out the Mazda Furai yet? Might want to plug your ears or turn down the volume. You've been warned.
Yep, it sounds amazing.
Some other cars with amazing sound off the top of my head :
- Chevrolet Impala (I'll have to share my C425 one in the car club, so funny to drive)
- Toyota GT-One
- VW Sciroco (dat turbo)
- Mercedes 190E
- Lexus LFA
- Ferrari 599 GTO (V12 <3)
- Ferrari FXX

I probably forgot a lot...

Woah did anyon else try out the Dodge Dart from the Muscle DLC?

That thing sounds like a nascar! And drives like one too!

Edit: Might be because of the upgrades... Still, a real blast to drive! :D

KaYotiX

Banned
Nice to drive my car in game (Vette C6) heh feels just like if I took it on the freeway and cruised. God I love this game!!

Gor@n

Neo Member
I'm up for an AusGAF club, since the current one is filling up fast, not to mention conflicting timezones.

Is the Veyron SS only available in the one colour, cause you can get it in blue carbon which is hawt.

Pics of Gallardo LP570-4 plz

Mascot

Sorry to read about various issues people are having with navigating the menus, installing the disks, receiving credits, using the speed wheel etc.
Stuff like that is always disappointing when you've been ultrahyped for a game. Hopefully a patch is being sewn as we speak.

How many spaces are left in the car club? Every second post seems to be a request/acceptance. I'm getting worried. When Euro-GAF and Aus-GAF get the goods in the next few days demand is very likely to exceed supply.

If anyone receives their GAME shipment today, please post.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Got to play for a couple of hours tonight. LOVE THIS GAME! I would have played for a bit longer but I bought my girlfriend a VW Bug in the game and she ended up spending an hour painting it and stuff LOL.

I requested an invite to the GAF club. Gamertag is The Roamer T O.

A couple of shots I took:

forza125wx.jpg

forza223zz.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A few things:

Are all the cars you receive as driver level rewards top of the class or is it just me? Is my game autoupgrading them or what? It's kid of convenient but kind of annoying at the same time, I'm not sure why this is the case or why I wasn't notified this would be the case outside of level 1 rewards.

Why is it impossible to find games online? I have an open NAT and all. What gives? Even when I get into a soccer game it takes friggin 20 mins to fill up, and then idiots keep voting no to the soccer field to keep people in the lobby indefinitely until someone quits and were at square one again :/

The driving model in this game is phenomenal. I haven't fallen in love with a driving model like this since PGR2. What's the difference between simulation and regular steering anyways?

This game has the best in-car view ever put into a video game and has made me FINALLY make the switch from chase cam to in-car. Bravo Turn10, bravo.

Fortinbras said:
gtplanet got a new sister site: forzaplanet.net
http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/

It's cool that the franchise is getting more and more support.

Well given how the franchise evolved from a racing game only Xbox only users would buy to a serious contender in the console sim space in just a generation has something to do with it.

Forza at the moment has the positive aspect of rapid and focused evolution, while GT (albeit a bit unfair) has the stigma of stagnation and being an unfocused work in progress.
In the end, if both series keep at it and try to one up each other, fans are going to have a blast no matter what game they choose.

eek5

enzo_gt said:
A few things:

Are all the cars you receive as driver level rewards top of the class or is it just me? Is my game autoupgrading them or what? It's kid of convenient but kind of annoying at the same time, I'm not sure why this is the case or why I wasn't notified this would be the case outside of level 1 rewards.

Why is it impossible to find games online? I have an open NAT and all. What gives? Even when I get into a soccer game it takes friggin 20 mins to fill up, and then idiots keep voting no to the soccer field to keep people in the lobby indefinitely until someone quits and were at square one again :/

The driving model in this game is phenomenal. I haven't fallen in love with a driving model like this since PGR2. What's the difference between simulation and regular steering anyways?

This game has the best in-car view ever put into a video game and has made me FINALLY make the switch from chase cam to in-car. Bravo Turn10, bravo.
Yeah I noticed that as well. The cars are getting auto upgraded to the top of their class. I kind of like it since there is less messing around but it would be nice to have an option or a notification that it is happening at least.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Gor@n said:
I'm up for an AusGAF club, since the current one is filling up fast, not to mention conflicting timezones.

Is the Veyron SS only available in the one colour, cause you can get it in blue carbon which is hawt.

Pics of Gallardo LP570-4 plz
I like this idea. At least until the main one calms down in a few months.

Shaneus

user_nat said:
I like this idea. At least until the main one calms down in a few months.
Nope, fuck that. We shouldn't be shunned because we have a later release and hardly anyone would fucking break that street date.

So pissed off right now. Gonna be at least 24 hours until I can play the damned thing.

Special J

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Yeah it is a little jaggy, but in no way is it killing the game for me. Alot of times, tv settings have a lot to do with it, but that varies from set to set, person to person. Yes, if there is one thing I would like enhanced it is the reduction of jaggies. I wonder if there is a reason that FXAA was not used being that it does not require alot of horsepower to run?

Personally, the jaggies are no worse than the Forza 3, actually to me, they seem a little less than F3, but F4 is pushing alot more detailed cars, more of them and better lighted/detailed enviroments. I really was expecting the jaggies to be a bit worse.

This is why I wish they would make this game on PC. Can you imagine this game with 60fps rear view mirror and ZERO Jaggies? It would be pretty amazing to see.

fxaa would destroy image quality for a game like this. fxaa would reduce jaggies but would introduce false positive artificacting especially since this is such a high detail game. also because this is a 60hz game, 1ms on gpu is 1/16.7 or 6% gpu which is somewhat costly load.

Gowans

Popped in this morning and club issues.

Club is full and I have a page full of requests.

That was quicker than thought so we need to work out a fair plan and I'll take action. Hopefully this will work itself out after a while but for now it's gona need structure.

Shaneus

Gowans007 said:

That was quicker than thought so we need to work out a fair plan and I'll take action. Hopefully this will work itself out after a while but for now it's gona need structure.
Go by post count in this thread.

I'm #4, incidentally ;)

Also #7 in the Floodgates thread and (sadly), #5 in the FM vs. GT thread.

nagge

Gowans007 said:

Oh man, two days before release in Europe, I don't even recall seeing 100 active names in this thread...

Gowans

Shaneus said:

I'm #4, incidentally ;)
I think it's got to be a factor.

Haven't got tonnes of time today but if anyone wants to help out it could help get you a spot.

I think I'm going to need post count summaries for people who have logged interest in the google doc for Forza 3 & 4 threads plus cars added to the garage the club now.

Right I'll add some stuff to the interest doc to fill in.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah2xHERIzVWzdHNmOHV5VUl5S3p0RW1JMnpRcVROdnc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

anyone have ideas on fair criteria or I'll just work on a outline.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gowans007 said:

You could remove people based on past Forza experience and activity but you'd have to remove yourself, Gowans, so that won't work.

erahk64

Iknos said:
Eliminated deadzone in settings and while there is still some odd feel it is much better and not mushy anymore.

Also dialed in my FOV and it is perfect. Never had a videogame feel this real to me since I've set the FOV to make my projector screen seem more like a window to a race track. This means cars never stretch and distort and the sense of speed is realistic and not exaggerated. Being 60 fps locked makes it all the more real.

Still not happy with the steering assists in sim wheel mode but te experience so far is very good.

I can start the game and get into a race in under 30 seconds it feels like there is no wait. I am trying to type this on my Phone during loading and I don't have any time.

Add me to GAF club please? :) GT: IknosRacing

Are the effects still there in cockpit view after changing the FOV (cockpit shaking and other
stuff) ?
I think there was no movement in cockpit view after a FOV change in Forza 3.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:

I'm #4, incidentally ;)

Also #7 in the Floodgates thread and (sadly), #5 in the FM vs. GT thread.
Holy shit I'm still number 2 in here and I've been mia for the past 14 hours lol, god damned work ^_^

Iknos that sounds interesting (fov shit you did) as it is I find it to be perfect but I can mess with this stuff for kicks.

Gowans

cjelly said:
You could remove people based on past Forza experience and activity but you'd have to remove yourself, Gowans, so that won't work.
haha, I made it pretty far, your right I wouldn't be top of the list tho.

Added new areas to the spreadsheet.

If anyone could list current members, a list of the garage cars and owners and forza 3 and 4 post counts it would be really helpful and get you in the club.

Absoludacrous said:
This has the potential to get ugly
Full transparency, fairness and the fact everyone can have a say hopefully will make it a little less painful.

nagge

I say we look to the demo leaderboard times for the Zonda.

Edit: Have you checked that the members in the club are actual members here on neogaf?

derFeef

nagge said:
I say we look to the demo leaderboard times for the Zonda.

Edit: Have you checked that the members in the club are actual members here on neogaf?
So only good drivers have a chance to get in? It's not a race club, is it?

Top Bottom