• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Alright, finished adding everyone currently in the club to the spreadsheet. Matched as many Gaf names to gamertags as I could. If you're in the club and your GT is different from your GAF name, and you didn't previous sign up on the spreadsheet, you should go in and update it to include your gaf name.

Edit: Spreadsheet Link

It's under the priority tab.

eek5

jackpot.png

Man I love the random/mystery bonuses. Hit the jackpot with +100% driver level bonus :lol

Also, I was pretty iffy on the affinity stuff, especially the 100% off upgrades but it is growing on me a lot. It's awesome to be able to keep driving the car you like and upgrading it to different classes for free. Definitely going to experiment with a lot more tunes this time.

Oh and the bonuses after you get 100% discount are awesome.

affinity.png

45k bonus for driving the car I want? Thanks!

FStop7

Banned
Been playing almost nonstop for the past 7 hours.

I think the career progression is really going to be a slog but the core game itself, the actual driving and racing, is really good - a big improvement over F3. Also, the replays look unbelievably better. I couldn't stop watching the replays of the races I'd just run because of how pretty they were.

Gowans

Absoludacrous said:
Alright, finished adding everyone currently in the club to the spreadsheet. Matched as many Gaf names to gamertags as I could. If you're in the club and your GT is different from your GAF name, and you didn't previous sign up on the spreadsheet, you should go in and update it to include your gaf name.

Edit: Spreadsheet Link

It's under the priority tab.
Thanks thanks thanks!

Give the guys till later.

Highlight in red the guys to remove and green the guys to keep, then ill get pruning.

Also if anyone wants to do this for the cars in the club garage that would be awesome.

Milpool

Just went through the old Forza 3 livery thread and the jpeg compression is mental, I'm amazed it didn't bug me more at the time. I'm also surprised all my pics are still intact.

edit- Shopto just dispatched Forza 4 \o/
Hopefully I'll get that and the new wheel tomorrow.

Seanspeed

Banned
Gowans007 said:
Also if anyone wants to do this for the cars in the club garage that would be awesome.
I've got one concern with the Car Sharing stuff. Do we really need to post up stock cars? I'm pretty sure that we can use those cars already at any point except in Career.

Just sayin, if we limit the posting of stock cars, it would free up more room for more 'special' cars, ya know?

I haven't put anything up yet, but I'm working on some stuff. Most anything I put up will be a car that is built for competitive online racing in a certain class. Looking forward to getting back to work on it when I get home from work! yay

Gowans

Seanspeed said:
I've got one concern with the Car Sharing stuff. Do we really need to post up stock cars? I'm pretty sure that we can use those cars already at any point except in Career.

Just sayin, if we limit the posting of stock cars, it would free up more room for more 'special' cars, ya know?

I haven't put anything up yet, but I'm working on some stuff. Most anything I put up will be a car that is built for competitive online racing in a certain class. Looking forward to getting back to work on it when I get home from work! yay
The thing is the owner gets credits when they are used.

I think all the stock cars will be good base but yeah the real advantage is he fact we can then skin and tune them.

But yeah we need to start with the list.

Anyone who does it will keep there spot.

Sone major trimming to be done.

Shaneus

Arucardo said:
I was thinking about this just recently, it's like they fell off the grid after the official Forza 3 stuff. I did see a bunch of their times on the leader boards in F3 though.
This is interesting.

I'd just love to see T10 endorse (and even assist) some truly hardcore fans in releasing some more media. Drift videos, video clips, a car catalogue (or even a calendar?) or just something that could be used to promote the game.

Stupid work staring me right in the face! >: (

So, after day 1, has anyone gotten any real time with Forza 4 using that new wireless speed wheel? Thoughts? Should I go be irresponsible and burn some more jack to go get this after work?

The_Monk

Euro-GAF I come here to share my pain for the waiting.

Who's with me? I might get my game on Friday or...Monday at worst.

I've not been much active here because every time I see a photo I...I...

I need this game... =/

However I want more VW Love!

Arucardo

The_Monk said:

I need this game... =/

I'm in the same boat as you, even if I had the LCE in my hands right now I couldn't play it before Friday. The 360 is about 120km away because of school :| .

The_Monk said:

I need this game... =/

But im confused since when did euro get sims last wasn't it always euro week 1 and the rest later.

Grassy

The_Monk said:

I need this game... =/

Aus-GAF here, only another ~11 hours or so until the game is on shelves here "officially". Street date was broken here, by multiple retailers, but certain stores wouldn't sell it regardless.

I've been going nuts seeing everyone's impressions and photos and liveries....

Shaneus

Grassy said:
Aus-GAF here, only another ~11 hours or so until the game is on shelves here "officially". Street date was broken here, by multiple retailers, but certain stores wouldn't sell it regardless.

I've been going nuts seeing everyone's impressions and photos and liveries....
Same. I had a preorder at JB that was fully paid for. Have to wait. It sucks.

(Hopefully) Worth it for the WRX bonus, though.

The_Monk

Phew, glad I'm not the only one waiting in pain. Euro-GAF rejoice!

My LE is 100% paid too. All I need is someone to ring the bell and me to sign a paper and get my game, my tokens, my season pass (I hope?) and everything will be nice.

dejay

Banned
Got the components for a new PC build today - I've been busy putting it together tonight, except I somehow forgot that I don't have a SATA optical drive so I'll have to pick one up tomorrow.

What's this got to do with Forza? Nothing, but it's kept my mind off of the waiting!

This game....this damn game is amazing. Started at 4pm yesterday and didn't cut it off till around 11. Loving everything about the game so far and only have a few minor gripes. I wish they would allow us to customize the AI difficulty in the career. Sometimes they are way to easy and other times they are not. Guess I need to pay more attention to what car I am bringing into the race and make sure I have plenty of competition. Second is how far back you sit in the cockpit view but it is only on certain cars.

Arucardo

USF said:
Is the US Limited Edition region locked?
Please tell me its not :(
Aren't all 360 games region locked?

Fast edit: actually, I think some aren't. Got a japanese version of original Crackdown with the ridiculous box art.

dejay said:
Got the components for a new PC build today - I've been busy putting it together tonight, except I somehow forgot that I don't have a SATA optical drive so I'll have to pick one up tomorrow.

What's this got to do with Forza? Nothing, but it's kept my mind off of the waiting!
Haha, same thing happened to me last month. Still haven't bought a sata optical drive. I'll probably get one tomorrow along with a transfer cable for the 360.

Mascot

Remind me in two year's time to suggest:

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| The Planets Have Aligned

Can't believe I missed that one a few weeks ago.

(NO, I don't have the game yet, so YES, my mind is wandering).

If I share a car and then modify that car, which version is shared? Hopefully its the previous build.

One annoying thing was that the 370Z was rated 501, which just barely put it into A class. I wanted to race it unmodified, but even the Fairlady Z series had all the 370Z's modified to 600, and the 350Z's at like 550. That seems REALLY stupid. I thought they were supposed to only upgrade to try to match your current level?

Luckily if you put on the Forza spoiler it drops the rating down to 498, so I can do all those B class races with a basically unmodified 370Z.

AMUSIX

Noticed something a bit disappointing today....

there's not a single race in World Tour that uses the Benchmark Ring...

Wasn't track DLC supposed to integrate seamlessly with the career?

saladine1

Mascot said:
Remind me in two year's time to suggest:

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| The Planets Have Aligned

Can't believe I missed that one a few weeks ago.

(NO, I don't have the game yet, so YES, my mind is wandering).
tHe gaYm is Gud.

I'm thinking:

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT|Dan has changed his mind...weather and night is good

leng jai

Shaneus said:
Same. I had a preorder at JB that was fully paid for. Have to wait. It sucks.

(Hopefully) Worth it for the WRX bonus, though.

Game called me today to to tell me my LE was ready to pick up and I couldn't even be bothered driving down.

AMUSIX said:
Noticed something a bit disappointing today....

there's not a single race in World Tour that uses the Benchmark Ring...

Wasn't track DLC supposed to integrate seamlessly with the career?

I don't think Benchmark is considered a track for racing, just for messing around. Hence why it's not there.

Caveat: it may well be, I'm still at the Sportsman level.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
U n i o n 0015 said:
I don't think Benchmark is considered a track for racing, just for messing around. Hence why it's not there.

Caveat: it may well be, I'm still at the Sportsman level.
There are track layouts, oval and drag strip at Benchmark.

Admittedly, the tracks are very basic.

Question:
Do I need to save my 'Designs' in fm3 as individual groups, eg left/right/hood etc or do full designs carry over?

It's going to be a pain in the butt to save each vehicle design like that if that's the case...

KingDizzi

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
How do you see how much you posted in a thread or who has posted in this one? Will help with making my nominations.

To see how much people have posted in a thread click on the replies number and a list will come up.

Are leaderboards up yet?

eek5 said:
Looks like it stays unless you sync/reshare

http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1481_51ely/oos.png[img][/QUOTE]

Okay, that's pretty cool. I'll probably share my B class 370Z then, even if the only mod is a spoiler.

Cimarron

If the original GAF club is full what's stopping us from having other squads? If the demand is high enough we can have intra-forum competition! GAF vs Neo-GAF vs GAF Vermillion etc.... Any takers?

kazinova

Regarding the speed wheel: it works, it's not perfect, but it works. I'm really happy with my purchase. Anyone on the fence should snag it at Best Buy with their copy of the game for $25 gift card.

Top Bottom