• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Grassy

I haven't even raced yet today, I've been stuffing around with the decal editor. I need to start racing!

FunnyBunny said:
That code includes both the LCE car pack and the American Muscle car pack.

Does anyone know if LCE and Season Pass buyers are still getting 250,000 credits? And if do, how?

My LE had 3 codes, one for VIP LE DLC, one for the bonus track pack and one for "Launch Bonus" DLC. It seems like the Launch Bonus is included with the VIP DLC though, so I have a spare Launch Bonus code...not a spare American Muscle Car pack...I think...

So many different ways to earn XP and credits, I love it. 100,000 Cr bounty for taking down a fellow GAF Clubber via Rivals will never get old. I wish you could select a message to be sent along with the rival notification when you beat their time. Something simple and straight to the point like "Suck on that" would be just fine.

FunnyBunny said:
That code includes both the LCE car pack and the American Muscle car pack.

Does anyone know if LCE and Season Pass buyers are still getting 250,000 credits? And if do, how?
So what you are saying is that I stuffed up my chances of getting an extra code to give to a mate if I intend purchasing the season pass?

There should be a list of these tricks and the right order to install/redeem stuff in the OP on how to get the best out of it.

Izayoi

Banned
evil_as_skeletor said:
So what you are saying is that I stuffed up my chances of getting an extra code to give to a mate if I intend purchasing the season pass?
No, the VIP pack is bundled with the Muscle Pack.

It's not possible to give away the Muscle Pack without also giving away your VIP cars and status.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I picked the Chevy Spark as my first car and I've really taken to it. I like the exhaust note, it makes it feel like a faster car then it really is.

amar212

H3rTz DoNuT said:
6239949446_298a354187_z.jpg

Amazing work.

Mascot

No time to go through the eight pages of overnight posts in detail, only scan them (I should be on fucking holiday today... Grrrr) so can someone please summarise the fallout from the car club clusterfuck and what the hell is now happening?

I've no idea what is going on. Are Euro-GAF and Aus-GAF still at a disadvantage because we don't have the game yet? Because of cancelling holidays and needing to work I'm unlikely to get my game before Saturday now, and maybe even Monday (I assume the LE won't fit through my letterbox so I'll need to collect it from the post office). Seems the original criteria was first come, first served, and if you don't have the game yet because of where you live, then too bad. Surely that was an ill-conceived and badly flawed system with predictably bad results. Did nobody think ahead?

While scanning the last few pages I did see some random messages from people who were accepted into the club and have already been kicked. That must feel pretty shitty. I feel really sorry for those guys. This situation should never have been allowed to happen.

When we all started discussing the NeoGAF car club several months ago it seemed like a simple and exciting community tool with fantastic social possibilities, but (before the game has even completed its worldwide launch) the club appears to have led to chaos, infighting and alienation, and must have left some GAFfers feeling like social rejects. That's a real shame, and is the absolute antithesis of everything a club should stand for.

I've absolutely no idea if my name is even on any of the multitude of lists any more, but due to recent events (and at this current post-dawn pre-coffee moment) I don't mind admitting that my excitement and enthusiasm for the car club has taken a bit of a bashing. I'll probably feel differently once I get my actual hands on the game but at the moment I'm just saddened by the way things have transpired.

Anyway, must get back to work. Keep having fun with the game those of you lucky enough to have it (you jammy bastards).

EDIT: Just read what I wrote and I just want to make it clear that I'm not having a go at the admin/ organisers of the club - it's a thankless task for which they volunteered. I certainly wouldn't welcome the hassle or responsibility. We all should really have agreed between ourselves the membership citeria in advance and stuck to it to avoid the rapid accept/reject/kick cycle we now appear to be in. I guess the problem was, nobody really thought (based on pre-release Forza-GAF forum traffic) that the club would be as over-subscribed as it currently is.

Gowans

Car club fallout is this:

The car club will be clarared out regulary so new members can get in. Next cycle is Friday for EU guys..

A certain number is fixed and won't be removed. (in google doc).

As of now the remaineder is people who have requested entry last night.

In fact I was so brutal with the clear out yesterday their is still spaces so I you want in search for GAF.

leca

Not long now until the rush of Australians begin posting more in this thread :D

About 5 hours in, Level 7 and loving it.

Is anyone else playing with Kinect head tracking? I've had it enabled for the past hour or two and it's actually pretty solid, I was really surprised at just how good it is.

Now to join a car club with some mates!

guest1321

It is soooooo hard to put down. This is going to be a major problem.
Anyone want to put together a time for us to all race in the next day or two here?

saladine1

So, the muscle car pack was actually already in the game?
Not really DLC is it if it's on the disc to begin with...

Anyway, I absolutely love the new physics especially with the upgrades and tuning. All tuning and upgrades have a much more realistic effect on the car than previously. I think that compression (as in ratios) have been factored in previously, but this time around, I can feel and 'hear' it through the cars much more easily.
Diff,suspension upgrades affect the car more dramatically as well.

Driving up a hill makes the car struggle even more than before. Especially the lower class cars, they strain so much you kind of feel sorry for them!

I've been playing for a couple of days for hours on end and still have so,so much to do and see.

madmackem

Come onnnnnn, i will have it either today if the gods smile on me or i will be slumming it with the rest of the unlucky people tomorrow.

saladine1 said:
So, the muscle car pack was actually already in the game?
Not really DLC is it if it's on the disc to begin with...

Two out of three DLCs included with the LCE seem to be on the disc.

Where can I buy that Ferrari livery? I searched in the storefront but I didn't find it...

Angst

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Let me start a new season with a new paint, of which all of you had a little tease. Boys and girls, ladies and gentleman I give you Dechau Racing 458. This is my first Forza 4 design so please, have a good look at it, leave a good rating and above all, please enjoy it, cause this is the best paint I made to date. Ifanyone is interested can grab it of my storefront Any feedback, good or bad is more than welcome ;)

6239949390_04eaed564f_z.jpg
That's absolutely fantastic! Good work mate.

nagge

cjelly said:
YEEEEEEAAAAA BOOOOIIIII! Time to hit the bunker, see you guys in a few days.

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/b2w1E.jpg[/img]

I hope that plastic wrap was a pain to get off.

Man I want my game naow!

Good times downunder now.

So far so awesome!

DAT intro.
DAT first race <sarcasm> LOL
DAT options! (my fave is the audio setting focus - car FTFW!!!)
DAT Ford Falcon XB GT V8 roar!
DAT... I will get back to you on that one, haven't really played with anything else (father duties).

Can't waitto delve deeper.

Also appears that I am 'already registered' for GAFclub!!! Woot!

Shaneus

Yo GAF. Which code is the code for the muscle pack in the LCE? Just want to avoid putting it in and will save it for later.

The three are "Bonus Track Pack" (obviously not it), Launch Bonus Car Pack and Ltd. Edition DLC Content.

Izayoi

Banned
Shaneus said:
Yo GAF. Which code is the code for the muscle pack in the LCE? Just want to avoid putting it in and will save it for later.

The three are "Bonus Track Pack" (obviously not it), Launch Bonus Car Pack and Ltd. Edition DLC Content.
It's bundled with the VIP code.

So basically, if you give it away you don't get VIP status or the VIP cars.

Shaneus

Ah, okay.

PS. What the fuck is E66? Got that after putting my FM4 disc in. Other discs are fine, but I put that in and the console shits itself :(

saladine1

evil_as_skeletor said:
Good times downunder now.

So far so awesome!

DAT intro.
DAT first race <sarcasm> LOL
DAT options! (my fave is the audio setting focus - car FTFW!!!)
DAT Ford Falcon XB GT V8 roar!
DAT... I will get back to you on that one, haven't really played with anything else (father duties).

Can't waitto delve deeper.

Also appears that I am 'already registered' for GAFclub!!! Woot!
Tell me about it.
When fully upgraded, the XB GT sounds like Allan Moffat's car back in the 70's. Snarly,roaring beast.
With the sound settings, the actual effects of supercharger whine, gearbox whine, BOV's etc..are heard more distinctly when set to either 'tires' or 'default' and are less audible while set to 'car'. But if people don't care about those other sounds too much, then definitely set it to 'car' for the maximum roar of the engine and exhaust.

Izayoi

Banned
Shaneus said:
PS. What the fuck is E66? Got that after putting my FM4 disc in. Other discs are fine, but I put that in and the console shits itself :(
Disc read error/DVD drive problem.

What model is your 360?

Xanadu said:
yea but based on responses in this thread it doesnt seem like it works properly

Works fine for me. AI is just right most of the time.

That being said, if you go to Event List, you can set the difficulty of the AI yourself. I usually do that, even though the career is really smart about the events it gives you based on the car you're using, unlike Forza 3.

Still looking for a 1M code btw. I have an STI code for trade.

Shaneus

Izayoi said:
Disc read error/DVD drive problem.

What model is your 360?
Fat. I had a look at the error code online and it looks like it comes up if your drive has been swapped. I know the guy I got it from had changed the drive over to a quieter one quite some time before I got it but I haven't had a problem until now.

Oh well, gotta chase him up now! Perhaps this is a good excuse for getting a slim... hmmm.

dejay

Banned
WOW! What a game!

Or so I've heard - stupid store. I tried mightyape.com.au and although I saved some dollars it's not good for preorders if I want it on release day. The web site said they were going to dispatch on the 7th but they only dispatched two days ago via snail mail - not impressed. I better have it tomorrow or there will be much anger because I need it for the weekend!

I repeat, for games you want on release, do NOT use mightyape.com.au.

The_Monk

You guys can make the wait even worst for me with those LE photos, I'm so hoping to get this game tomorrow...

It's going to be a looong wait if they fail the delivery and I get it on Monday please no... even cjelly already has the game.

*needs a group hug*

Cipherr

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Let me start a new season with a new paint, of which all of you had a little tease. Boys and girls, ladies and gentleman I give you Dechau Racing 458. This is my first Forza 4 design so please, have a good look at it, leave a good rating and above all, please enjoy it, cause this is the best paint I made to date. Ifanyone is interested can grab it of my storefront Any feedback, good or bad is more than welcome ;)

6239949390_04eaed564f_z.jpg

6239949430_982df96491_z.jpg

Daaaaaamn

saladine1 said:
Tell me about it.
When fully upgraded, the XB GT sounds like Allan Moffat's car back in the 70's. Snarly,roaring beast.
With the sound settings, the actual effects of supercharger whine, gearbox whine, BOV's etc..are heard more distinctly when set to either 'tires' or 'default' and are less audible while set to 'car'. But if people don't care about those other sounds too much, then definitely set it to 'car' for the maximum roar of the engine and exhaust.
I'm giving that a go now.

Should I play the rest of the game now, like with others cars n such!? I've just been messing around doing burnouts in the XB Falcon...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I know it's the angle and all that, but that's one of the best smoke effects I've seen in a game.

BADNED

Fortinbras said:
Two out of three DLCs included with the LCE seem to be on the disc.

No. They actually packed all the day-one DLC car packs into one big file. So if you download one of them you actually already have them all so you can see them online when you race against them. When you then download another one it just unlocks them, in the big file you downloaded earlier, for you to use thats why it looks like they are on the disc.

Milpool

nagge said:
Great to hear!

Mine is out for delivery right now, come to papa...

Just got it and set it up, I really need to get a wheel stand but I dunno which is best for the Fanatec. The Rennsport is pretty expensive and Scan is out of Speedblacks.

Had a quick mess with it in lfs, it's weird not hearing the cheap clunky sounds associated with the old MS wheel.

Top Bottom