• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

cjelly said:
Aaaand... My Speed Wheel just came in. Awesomesauce.

Let us speculate that it was to fix the issue with the game forgetting speed wheels and not awarding credits to people.
Ok. I can subscribe to that.

On a separate note; my ms wheel forgets force feedback sometimes in this game. Just me?

nagge

evil_as_skeletor said:
Ok. I can subscribe to that.

On a separate note; my ms wheel forgets force feedback sometimes in this game. Just me?

It's typical Ms wheel behaviour, happened in the demo and in Forza 2 & 3 as well.

Random button presses are the favourite...

nagge said:
It's typical Ms wheel behaviour, happened in the demo and in Forza 2 & 3 as well.

Random button presses are the favourite...
Have not experienced random button presses, but I get the 'lightened' wheel feeling a bit with this one :-\

So, what's the best car in the GAFclub garage? I wanna try something cool!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Really wish updates had to include a change log.
Would make things easier.

Also, do wheels still spin randomly when rewinding?

saladine1

O.K, I don't care what anyone says, the experience of racing around Nordschleife is incomplete if there is a lack of amazing sounds to go with it.
You can cry inaccurate track, or gloomy skies all you want, but racing a car such as the Ferrari 333SP, with a Fanatec wheel and CSP's, 5.1 Surround Sound cranked up to max, is some of the most bone chilling, ear drum exploding experiences ever!
The revs on high sends chills down your spine as you then grab for a downshift utilizing heel and toe. The engine barks as you blip that shit, a crackling of the exhaust and backfire ensues on the over run.......shivers...

Did you know that when upgrading the interior to remove all weight, the cockpit resonance also changes?
Nice touch Turn 10.

saladine1 said:
O.K, I don't care what anyone says, the experience of racing around Nordschleife is incomplete if there is a lack of amazing sounds to go with it.
You can cry inaccurate track, or gloomy skies all you want, but racing a car such as the Ferrari 333SP, with a Fanatec wheel and CSP's, 5.1 Surround Sound cranked up to max, is some of the most bone chilling, ear drum exploding experiences ever!
The revs on high sends chills down your spine as you then grab for a downshift utilizing heel and toe. The engine barks as you blip that shit, a crackling of the exhaust and backfire ensues on the over run.......shivers...

Did you know that when upgrading the interior to remove all weight, the cockpit resonance also changes?
Nice touch Turn 10.

I completely agree with everything in this post.

Now if only I could get rid of all the audio pops I keep hearing. I had the same problem in Forza 3 (so did many other people). I don't think it's my equipment since I've upgraded everything in my setup and it was still happening in Forza 3.

ResidentDante said:
Can I zoom in the cockpit view more? I liked it closer like in FM3.

I am with you on this one, I wish it was just a little closer.

EDIT: Also my god the AI was terrible last night, I must have seen someone go off the track way into the wall about 6 times in a few hours of racing...

I think I'd like it someplace between where Forza 3 and Forza 4 places the cockpit view. I guess I'll mess with the multiscreen settings to accomplish that.

liger05

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Let me start a new season with a new paint, of which all of you had a little tease. Boys and girls, ladies and gentleman I give you Dechau Racing 458. This is my first Forza 4 design so please, have a good look at it, leave a good rating and above all, please enjoy it, cause this is the best paint I made to date. Ifanyone is interested can grab it of my storefront Any feedback, good or bad is more than welcome ;)

6239949390_04eaed564f_z.jpg

6239949430_982df96491_z.jpg

6239949446_298a354187_z.jpg

Thats dope dude!!

flashburn2012 said:
Now if only I could get rid of all the audio pops I keep hearing. I had the same problem in Forza 3 (so did many other people). I don't think it's my equipment since I've upgraded everything in my setup and it was still happening in Forza 3.

I played with headphones last night for a little bit, and I was getting audio pops here and there. I hope they can fix that.

TheApatheticOne said:
I played with headphones last night for a little bit, and I was getting audio pops here and there. I hope they can fix that.

Ya I kept hearing it last night too on my system. It was starting to annoy the crap out of me but I am hoping they will fix it.

Majanew

Banned
saladine1 said:

Nice touch Turn 10.
I agree. The cars sound great. Just wish I didn't have to adjust my sub just for when I play Forza. Hear me, Turn 10. If no patch for FM4...please show subwoofer users some love with the cars in FM5.

eek5

TheApatheticOne said:

Oh so I'm not going crazy. I've been hearing weird pops and glitches as well.

flashburn2012 said:
I completely agree with everything in this post.

^^^Boom.

This too. What's the dealio?

h3ro

TheApatheticOne said:
Getting them in my headphones as well. Don't think I heard them when I was outputting to my surround setup.

Snkfanatic said:
Ya I kept hearing it last night too on my system. It was starting to annoy the crap out of me but I am hoping they will fix it.

Don't get your hopes up. Tons of people bitched about this with Forza 3, but they never fixed it there either.

My other major annoyance wasn't fixed either. When you rewind using a wheel the wheel will actually react as if you are driving, so the force feedback will go all crazy.

eek5

I unboxed my last new wired controller since my wireless one was acting up with its deadzone and making it impossible to work with the livery editor. It's so weird; Forza is the only game I've noticed with different vibration feedback with the wired controller. You can actually feel the car accelerating as well as being able to tell when you need to shift. On the wireless controller you basically feel nothing unless you hit something.

Thank you guys for all the feedback, I really appreciate ;) Now, since I'm getting a lot of messages about it, to find my storefront just simply use my gamertag, which is H3rTz DoNuT as a keyword or use it in the gamertag option and you'll find my storefront no problem.

h3ro

eek5 said:
I unboxed my last new wired controller since my wireless one was acting up with its deadzone and making it impossible to work with the livery editor. It's so weird; Forza is the only game I've noticed with different vibration feedback with the wired controller. You can actually feel the car accelerating as well as being able to tell when you need to shift. On the wireless controller you basically feel nothing unless you hit something.
Really?! I'm gonna have to dust off my wired controller then. Only time I felt real strong feedback was on the kerbs while using the wireless control.

flyinpiranha said:
All you guys in your Ferraris ... I'm having fun in my F cars!
Same here! Spec'd my DeLorean to F200 and I'm having a blast. I made the mistake of doing lots of upper level A-R1 races early on in F3 leaving all the lower level stuff and those races felt like a chore later on.

shinnn

eek5 said:
It works like this since FM2 I think. Since FM3 for sure.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Game is here, one day earlier, WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!
But first, need to check back in FM3 if there's anymore goodies I can bring in FM4 like unicorns.

BLOGwoohoo.jpg

I am buying mine from a store in town so no game until tomorrow, traded in wrc 2010 and another game I forgot to go towards it.

Sethos said:
I like that. Love when games set the challenge, not the player.
totally, no more easy mode for all golds now finally.

Noob question - where do I find my link on the Forza site to an 8 megapixel photo I uploaded?

I can see the normal quality photos in my gallery, but not the high def one.

Thanks.

Gowans

Hmmm. Just been alerted to the fact people who have already applied can't rejoin the club.

Can anyone try and let me know, if so I'll have to add you manualy, plenty of open spots.

h3ro said:
Same here! Spec'd my DeLorean to F200 and I'm having a blast. I made the mistake of doing lots of upper level A-R1 races early on in F3 leaving all the lower level stuff and those races felt like a chore later on.

I did the same thing ... FAST CARS ZOMG! But when I first played Forza 3 at launch I didn't have a wheel setup so fast cars were where 'it was at'. When I started replaying the UE version I had a wheel and it ... was ... glorious. Every car was a blast to drive.

So this time taking it slow and going to try to finish a bunch of lower class races before I start zipping around the track.

The_Monk said:
OMG my shop said the game is on their way. There is hope that I might get it tomorrow.

Guys...guys! THERE IS HOPE!

You're not missing much, sure ... the amazing visuals and car handling coupled with a great rivals setup and some of the best looking paint jobs on cars in or out of the real world you'll find ... but other than the most glorious racing experience I've ever had the privilege of enjoying ... meh.

ACH1LL3US

Ok, gotta say, the ONE thing really agitating me in this game is the Zonda R model..... any chance they can update it? Its so far off :(

Captain Bluey said:
Noob question - where do I find my link on the Forza site to an 8 megapixel photo I uploaded?

Thanks.

If you choose the "View All" option when in the gallery there should be a section on your left that has a link to the DL.

EDIT: For the artists in here, is there any tutorials that helped you? Or any tips that made it easier? I looked at some vids on youtube and such but a lot are all speed paintings and can't really see what they are doing with the shapes or how they are manipulating.

I want to start painting or at least get my girl to do it since she's the creative one.

harrytang

Captain Bluey said:

Thanks.

its on the right in a panel. its very confusing. no thumbnail. just says for downloads including clips and big shots.

eek5

shinnn said:
It works like this since FM2 I think. Since FM3 for sure.
Yeah FM2 had the different vibration in wired/wireless. I'm guessing it's intentional but I've never felt any differences in any other games outside of the Forza franchise. The wired vibration is really good though. I wonder if it's a power issue with the wireless drawing from the battery or something. It doesn't have better vibration with play and charge does it?

Gowans007 said:
Hmmm. Just been alerted to the fact people who have already applied can't rejoin the club.

Can anyone try and let me know, if so I'll have to add you manualy, plenty of open spots.

If you could re-add me that would be lovely... my XBL gamertag is TheApatheticOne

The whole getting kicked from the club thing was interesting too in the sense where I definitely wasn't apart of the club anymore BUT I was still getting notifications any time someone added a car to the garage and stuff. Pretty weird.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Blackvette94 said:
Ok, gotta say, the ONE thing really agitating me in this game is the Zonda R model..... any chance they can update it? Its so far off :(

You mean the rear wheels offset not wider than the front?
Same problem with a few other cars like the Ferrari F50.
Otherwise, the Zonda R being a rare prototype constantly evolving and being updated, the model we get in the game depends on the one they got to model, an early model in our case.

Yoritomo

Blackvette94 said:

It's based on the Zonda R Concept not the actual Zonda R :/

Anyone else having problems accessing "MyForza"? Takes forever and then won't load correctly. I imagine its just server problems or whatnot because of all the new players. But I need to look at my pics!!!!

EDIT: Hmmmm, seems to work when I go to the normal site, then click on myforza, but when I go to the forums and then go to myforza it doesn't want to work. Who knows.

rocksteady1983 said:
Anyone else having problems accessing "MyForza"? Takes forever and then won't load correctly. I imagine its just server problems or whatnot because of all the new players. But I need to look at my pics!!!!

Haven't had an issue myself.

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Otherwise, the Zonda R being a rare prototype constantly evolving and being updated, the model we get in the game depends on the one they got to model, an early model in our case.

I'll ask my friend if he made it, he's one of the modellers that Turn 10 contracts out to for making certain models in the game. His team made the Bugatti Veyron, for example. Including the interior. They actually had to scan in a physical Veyron. Pretty cool process.

eek5

SPEEDxNASTY said:
I wonder why they can't just patch to fix those wheel problems. It probably can't take THAT long to fix :/

Mascot

cjelly said:
YEEEEEEAAAAA BOOOOIIIII! Time to hit the bunker, see you guys in a few days.

http://i.imgur.com/b2w1E.jpg[/img ][/QUOTE]

How was yours delivered cjelly? Normal post or courier? I broke off from work and drove ten miles home during lunch, the postman had been and there was no game delivery or note telling me about an undelivered package. What a waste of time and petrol. Fuck you, GAME, you shit-eating fuckasses. You told me you'd sent it last weekend. And fuck you Microsoft for locking the LE to one retailer, you pricks.

Think I might fuck the LE off and buy a human copy from Tesco in the morning.

ACH1LL3US

Yoritomo said:
It's based on the Zonda R Concept not the actual Zonda R :/

Ugh.... this was my fav car in gt5... the cockpit in F4 is fantastic, but when watching replays.... :p not so much of this car. Oh well...

Top Bottom